Status: Complete, look for the sequel soon.

Find Your Twitching Hart in Vegas

Love Struck

I stood off to the side with Carey watching some old lady shout at Jeremy. Couldn’t say I didn’t find it slightly amusing that the kid he raced wasn’t man enough to come do it himself. Aryn took it in stride though as did Twitchy boy. I still think that getting this involved with these guys was a bad idea. We had to leave in three weeks! I felt my heart sink a little at the thought. It’s not that I didn’t want to go home, but…I didn’t want to leave Carey Vegas.

It’s very true to say I was extremely stubborn and when it came to admitting I liked someone. I don’t deny it and I won’t do so, but I won’t admit that I might like Carey more than I originally let on to anyone. My business is my own, and I don’t think getting involved with someone when I’m going half way across the country-for who knows how long-is a good idea.

It just leads to too much temptation.

I sighed softly and leaned my head back against Carey’s bicep. We’d been standing like this for a while now, my back to his front. I didn’t mind, I actually really liked it. I chuckled softly as Carey pulled me from the pits and out towards where he’d parked his black car. I hopped over the door since I was too lazy to actually open the door and get in like a normal person. And instead opted to fall haphazardly into the passenger seat. Carey laughed at me a little before climbing in and starting up the car, forcing me to sit up right and actually act like a normal person.

“So where are we going?” I asked as we pulled out onto the main drag, Carey shrugged softly and so I took control, telling him to turn where I wanted him to. At least until we wound up at Hart and Huntington.

“Trying to tell me something?” He chuckled arching an eyebrow at me jokingly. I scowled a little “no, I didn’t even know how to get here…guess I did though.” Carey laughed and climbed out of the car and waited for me to do the same before we walked into the shop. It was different coming in here with Carey. People seemed to stop and stare, a couple glared at me and I couldn’t quite figure out why.

I shook it off as nothing and continued to wander around Vegas with Carey until we found a restaurant to grab some food at. Sitting in the booth I looked over the menu and every once and a while glanced up at Carey, who’d either be looking at his phone or staring right back at me. It was a little unnerving, but then again it was kinda funny. Every other time I looked up he’d be looking at me.

After dinner I found myself wandering around with Carey again. Not like I really had anything better to do, but it was odd that I was spending so much time with him when I knew I’d be leaving soon. I kept wanting to voice it, but I didn’t want to leave. Is it weird that I’d rather stay in Vegas with Carey than have to head back to Iowa and my classes? No? Okay. Finally I turned my blue gaze to the ground, watching my feet pass over the pavement.

“You okay?” Carey asked, snapping me out of my daze. I nodded mutely “really because by now you would have made some sarcastic quip about god only knows what.”

“I leave in three weeks okay?” I said throwing my hands up in the air exasperated with my situation. “And I can’t do anything about it because I have to go back to school, and it really, really sucks because I’m starting to like you and that’s not goo-“ my ranting was cut off by Carey’s lips on mine. Jolts of electricity shot through my whole body as my arms wound their way around his neck pulling him closer to me. I rose up on my tiptoes without meaning too and when we finally parted my breath was labored and I felt giddy.

“You talk really fast when you start getting anxious,” he chuckled lowly, keeping his arms locked around my waist pinning me against his body. Not that I minded one bit. I didn’t reply I just rested my head against his collar bone with my face in the crook of his shoulder and neck. To anyone passing it’d look like love struck people, to me it was my heart shattering.

If you listened really, really closely you could hear it breaking like glass. I really really didn’t want to leave Carey now. Not after that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jessi Sorry it's short, but stay tuned for what happens next :D. The drama llama is coming to visit.

Peace, Shade.