Status: Complete, look for the sequel soon.

Find Your Twitching Hart in Vegas

Start living in the now

I sighed and imported some of my photos from the memory cards onto my computer, placing them in their designated folders and deleting the ones I really didn’t like. There weren’t many, but occasionally I’d come across one that someone else, Carey, had taken and I’d either put it in ‘personal’ or just delete it. There wasn’t any point on dwelling on a relationship that really couldn’t survive this. It just wasn’t fair to anyone involved.

I stopped on one picture that I didn’t remember being taken, probably because in said picture I was asleep, but Carey had obviously taken it. I sighed softly and smiled at the picture, hey I never said I deleted all of them, or that they weren’t good. It was actually a good picture. I couldn’t tell where it was taken, but if I had to guess I’d say Carey’s house since the sheets on my bed in the hotel were white and not cream like the picture suggested. I was, obviously, asleep on Carey’s shoulder and with one hand he’d taken the picture, which wasn’t easy with my camera trust me.

I sighed again and put the picture in the ‘personal’ file. It wasn’t password protected but most people knew to keep their noses out of my personal pictures. In there were mostly pictures of family and Aryn and I. There were a few of my horse and some of the college things that went on around the campus. Though thinking of college only depressed me. We only had two and a half, not even that, weeks left in Vegas and I couldn’t help but want to stay here. Though I knew I couldn’t. I had a college degree to obtain and a crazy ex-boyfriend to return to.

I pushed my headphones into my ears and started blasting ‘Gangsta Sexy’ the song was catchy and helped me not think about leaving Vegas. Dressed only in a pair of short shorts and a tank top I danced around the hotel’s ‘living room’ overlooking the Vegas strip. It was very pretty at night, I couldn’t deny that it was. I picked up my iPod and danced around the room with it in my hand. I felt my phone buzz from the back of my shorts and pulled it out opening the text from none other than Carey.
cute dancing I whirled around and found leaning against the breakfast bar a smug little smirk on his face. Damn that made my knees weak. Pulling out a head phone I glowered at him

“You could have scared the shit out of me!” He laughed and stepped off the stone tiled floor and onto the white carpet, crossing the short distance to me before wrapping his arms around my tiny torso. Well okay I wasn’t tiny but to him I was.

“Then you would have jumped and yelled at me for not telling you I was there.” He pointed out, causing me to scowl at him lightly. “If you weren’t hot you I’d say I could almost hate you.”

“You can’t hate me and you know it.” He smirked down at me making me sigh softly knowing he’d won, not that I’d put up much of a fight. It just wasn’t fair. I stood up on my tiptoes and pressed my lips against his. One of my hands curling around the back of his neck as the other fisted his tee shirt in one hand. I felt his grip tighten around my waist holding me to him tightly.

“I can’t hate you, but I can show you how damn crazy you make me.” I pointed out, lips barely inches from his. A slow smirk spread its way across his face and then his lips were on mine again. Well damn, if I’d known I’d get a kiss like that I would have done this way sooner. “Looks like I’m not the only one.” Was his ever clever response to me, after he pulled away to allow me to catch my breath. And trust me after that kiss I needed to do just that.

“What ‘cha doing?” He asked spotting my laptop on the leather couch with the photo viewer up on the screen.

“Getting ready to turn in my summer project and portfolio,” if you could have heard the way I said those words you’d think I hated photography. I didn’t actually, I loved it, but I didn’t want to talk about leaving Vegas. I could hear and feel Carey chuckle lightly at my words.

“You sound like you’re never gonna see me again,” he pointed out as one hand toyed with my hair while my head rested against his chest while we still stood in the living room. Ignoring the outside world.

“I probably won’t.” I sighed stepping back out of his arms slightly, I may not have known him all that long, but I knew I shouldn’t be getting attached like this. Especially when I probably wouldn’t see him ever again.

“How do you know that?” He questioned and stepped forward, not letting me run away this time. “And Jess stop running,” he added as I took another small step back from him.

“If I don’t run from you now, I’m not going to be able to leave when I have to.” I pointed out what’d been weighing on my mind for nearly the entire time we were in Vegas. I was afraid to get too close to anyone that I wouldn’t see in Iowa. Carey finally caught a hold of me and pulled me against his warm toned chest. My arms automatically wrapped around his back and I squeezed my eyes shut.

“Come on, get dressed we’re gonna go do something fun to get your mind off leaving. But believe me Jessie you can’t get rid of me that easily.” He grinned shooing me off in the direction of my bedroom. I looked at him for a few seconds before changing into a pair of jeans and a cute top. I may not be ready to leave Vegas or Carey just yet, but I had two and a half weeks, I should be okay for that time. And why not make the best of the time I have left. Once I was changed I closed down my laptop and grabbed my camera and a new memory chip. With Carey I never knew how much memory space I’d need so I always grabbed a new one.

I climbed onto the back of his bike, again parked on the sidewalk. And soon we were off, speeding down the main strip of Vegas, my cheek resting against his shoulder blade. I think I’d left my phone back at the hotel but no one would need to get a hold of me, and if they did they’d know Carey’s number. I smiled as the cooling wind scraped my hair back away from my face and let it flutter out behind me. Once we were at our destination Carey let me off the bike before he climbed off himself. Somehow this was going to be one of my favorite Vegas memories I could tell. Just sitting out on a plateau overlooking the desert and the Vegas strip was beautiful.

“So what’s at this college that you can’t find at others?” Carey asked slowly playing with my blonde hair I sighed and turned my face to look up at him.

“Aryn for one, but I guess I have people I know there it’s easy and I’ve got the dance line to think about, I can’t just leave that behind.” I murmured quietly and Carey nodded, I didn’t expect that kind of reaction but I guess it was one of the better ones he could have had. Though now I was thinking about it, maybe I didn’t have to stay in Iowa; I could always graduate early and not have to continue the program there. And plus my professor told me that he could get me an internship wherever I wanted with whatever company I wanted. Fuck that I could just work for Carey. Not that it was likely but it could happen. I mentally shook the thoughts away. I have to focus less on what I’m going to do in the future and just live in this moment. I can think about it later.

Right now I was just content to be held in Carey’s warm embrace and pretend that I wasn’t leaving in fourteen days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jessi hotel

Hanging out

Well hope you liked it, time to go tell my co-author that the new chapter is up. Comment people we don't like silent readers.

Peace, Shade.