Status: Complete, look for the sequel soon.

Find Your Twitching Hart in Vegas

Still Beautiful

The day at Ocotillo Wells went really well. Katrina and I played in sand. She was so cute. She told me a lot about her fathers friends and what tricks they were doing. She was so smart for a little girl. We were invited back to Carey’s for a cook out. Jeremy had Katrina come with Jessi and I back to the hotel to change into something less covered in sand. Once done getting to different clothes we made our way to Carey’s. Walking into find a numerous amount of people already there. I sighed unsure of who all these people were and instantly felt awkward. I saw Jeremy and smiled. I looked back to see Jessi sitting with Katrina going through pictures that she took today. “Hey,” I said quietly walking up to him.

“Hey,” he said smiling. “Thanks for watching Katrina for me.”

“It’s no problem. She was so good. I loved watching her. It was fun. I learned a lot from her,” I said smiling.

“She is pretty smart for only being eight years old,” he said smiling.

I nodded and looked around. “Its getting crowded in here,” he said and I nodded my head in agreement. “Come with me,” he said grabbing my hand leading me outside where less people were.

“Thanks,” I said.

“It’s no problem,” he said smiling.

“I just don’t know all these people so I feel awkward,” I said looking up at him then back at the ground.

“I understand,” he said smiling. “That’s why I brought you out here.”

“Yeah, thanks,” I said smiling.

“Thanks for watching Katrina for me. Her mothers not around and I just got a divorce, so my ex isn’t able to watch her,” he said sighing.

“It was no problem,” I said smiling. “I love children.”

He smiled and spoke, “she looked like she had fun.”

“I believe she did,” I said nodding my head.

He smiled down at me and asked, “so how long are you here in Vegas for?”

I looked up at him, “were here till like the middle of August I think. I’m not sure though. We might go back early, but we’re both unsure. I kind of like the rush of the city.”

“It gets to be a pain in the ass though,” he said and scrunched his nose.

“I bet,” I said shrugging.

“I do like the slowness of my state,” I added with a small laugh and a smile.

“Yeah,” he said this time rolling his eyes and shaking his head.

Okay this guy is either be an ass or he’s got major issues, I thought to myself, but decided to ask, “um I don’t know how to ask this, but I’ve noticed you shake your head a lot, roll your eyes and scrunching your nose, why is that?”

He sighed and began, “I have torrents syndrome and I’ve had it since I was a kid.”

I nodded and smiled, “I know what that is, so you don’t need to go in too much of great detail.”

He nodded and smiled, “glad you didn’t take that in a bad way. Some just seem to act different after I tell them.”

“I can tell you’re a great guy,” I said smiling up at him. “So that doesn’t change anything.”

“That’s good,” he said smiling. “Will you go out to dinner with me, you know as a thank you for watching Katrina for me?”

I looked up at him and nodded, “yeah that should be fine.”

“Tomorrow night?” he asked.

I nodded, “where are you going to take me?”

“I’ll think of something,” he said smiling. “But dress up a little, but you don’t have to go over the top.”

I nodded and smiled. With that we both walked back in. He took me by the hand and began to introduce me to everyone he knew at Carey’s. I thought that was generous of him. Katrina soon tagged along with us and before long she was dragging me off to play with her. It made me smile. She was so precious. She was excited almost at all times. Seemed to be the happiest girl on the face of the Earth. Baring her toothless grin, from a baby tooth she has recently lost. She was still adorable even without that tooth.

“Aryn, can you fix my pony tail? It fell out,” she asked holding up the pony tails.

I smiled and hand her sit down in front of me on the floor. I ran my fingers through her thin hair and began to comb through it to put it back into its pony tail. I smiled and fixed it and took a bobby pin out of my pocket and placed it into her hair give her bangs a little poof atop of her head. “There you go darling,” I told her smiling.

“Can I see it?” she asked,

I smiled and pulled out my phone and took a cute picture of her. I showed it to her and she smiled. “I gotta show daddy,” she said running off to show her father who was only a couple feet away.

He looked at the picture and smiled. I saw him hit a few buttons and then give it back to her. She ran back over and I smiled. I slide it into my pocket. “Thank you very much,” she said. “Daddy said I so pretty.”

I nodded, “that’s cause you are!”

She smiled shyly and began telling me some secrets. It made me giggle and smile because she trusted me so much.

This trip was going to be a lot of fun. I couldn’t believe the things that had already happened and we have only been here two days. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

I felt someone sit next to me. I looked over and saw Jessi smiling. “Hey where you been?” I asked her.

“Around,” she said shrugging.

I shook my head and smiled, “Jeremy is taking me out to dinner tomorrow night.”

“Aw that’s cute,” she said giddy.

“Only has a thank you for watching Katrina for him,” I told her rolling my eyes.

“Sure, sure it is,” she told me with a chessy smile.

I rolled my eyes once again and thought about what we were going to do all day tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this update took forever to get out, but hey its up now!

Comments?