Status: Complete, look for the sequel soon.

Find Your Twitching Hart in Vegas

Swing A Little More On The Devil's Dance Floor

lt was a light bulb in my head going off had woken me up the next morning. I pushed myself up so that I was on my hands and knees on the large mattress of the hotel room bed. I jumped up, threw my hair into a messy bun and dashed out into the main living room.
“ARYN!” I yelled stopping in the middle of the living room
“What,” she asked slightly panicked that I was running and screaming
“I know what we’re going to do today,” I calmed down slightly but my breathing was still irregular.
“And that would be,” Carey’s laid back voice asked, I whirled around and screamed in surprise from seeing a shit load of people who looked similar to Carey sitting in our living room.
“Oh yeah I forgot to mention they were out here didn’t I,” Aryn chuckled nervously.
“Cute pajamas by the way,” Carey smirked, I glanced down and went about sixteen different shades of red as I realized I was in short shorts and a tank top before dashing back into my designated room.

I could hear Carey and his little group of…Idiots seems fitting at the moment laughing their asses off. Oh I’d show them! Quickly showering and letting my hair air dry for the most part I quickly dug through my bags and found a really cute pair of Supervixen jeans from True Religion and a Superman tee shirt. I was a nerd at heart. I grabbed my beat up DC skate shoes and applied my make up before leaving the bathroom and walking through my room into the living room.

“So what are you planning on doing for your project,” Aryn asked trying not to laugh at the glower I was giving Carey.
“Well I was planning on Vegas,” I sighed grabbing my camera from the side table
“We’ll come with you,” Carey said standing from the couch, his tattooed hands tugged on and straightened his jeans.
“Umm…No you won’t,” I grumbled rolling my eyes at him, hey just because he wasgorgeous,nice…Whatever. He’s annoying!
“Who knows the city better than you do,” he asked arching an eyebrow at me I glared at him.
“I would rather you smother me with a pillow,” I muttered under my breath, I wasn’t sure anyone had heard me, but one of the guys sitting closest to me started cracking up.

“Oh shut up,” I grumbled more to myself rather than anyone else.
“I’m sorry but are you always this cynical,” the laughing guy asked while everyone looked on confused.
“Nope,” I replied popping the p “Carey just manages to bring that out in me,” I flashed him a cheesy fake adoration smile and skipped out into the kitchen for a Monster and so that I could go take pictures by myself.
“Okay fine I won’t show you around, but when you stumble upon the nasty side of Vegas don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Carey called as I flipped him the bird and left the hotel suite.

Walking around Vegas Carey’s words kept ringing in my ears; I shook my head to disperse my thoughts and glanced up at the large building I was in front of. I rolled my eyes as ’Hart and Huntington Tattoo’ glared at me from above.
“Stupid…What ever he is,” I wanted to throw a mini tempertantrum, but I figured that that would not be a good idea in the middle of the sidewalk. Especially not in front of Carey’s tattoo parlor…Shop…Thing. Sighing I shifted my body slightly to the left to get better lighting and snapped a picture of the sign. The shadows and lighting were contrasting each other and I loved it.

Stepping into the air conditioned building I glanced around and found both Aryn’s and mine tattoo artists. Snapping quick photos of them I scampered out of the shop. I’m sneaky when I wanna be. Three days in Vegas and I already had half of my portfolio done. As I wondered around the streets of Vegas I found myself getting a little edgy, one because the Monster was kicking in and two because Carey’s words wouldn’t get out of my head. Maybe I should call Aryn and see if she could get me to the pyramid shaped casino/hotel. That’s really where I wanted to go, I think that it would be a really cool picture to get at night. But since it’s not night and I don’t really want to travel around Vegas at night…On foot, by myself, I figured that I could at least attempt to scope out the quickest way to get there during the day.

Scowling I walked into the nearest shop and asked for directions, the lady behind the counter smiled and gave me a sheet of paper with the directions on them.
“Thank you,” I sighed happily, feeling much better that I now had a way to get there, that pyramid shaped hotel was my land mark to get to other places kinda.
“You new around here,” she asked I nodded and leaned against the counter
“Yeah I’m here for the summer,” I smiled she laughed
“You came to Vegas for the summer,”
“Yeah…In retrospect probably not the best idea, but neither was going into that tattoo shop,” I mumbled the last part under my breath.
“So aside from summer vacation what brings you to Vegas, because honey no one just comes to Vegas for the hell of it…Well some do, but you don’t seem like that kinda girl,”
“I came to Vegas with a friend of mine to get out of Iowa, to see a little bit of the outside world…And to get away from my annoying ex boyfriend,” I laughed. The woman laughed and nodded “Vegas is the place to do that,” I smiled and reached for my phone in my pocket as it went off.

“Hello,” I asked confused as to why Aryn was calling me
“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU,” she screamed
“Okay first off, ow, and second of all why are you freaking out,” I asked
“Because I thought something had happened to you, I’ve been calling you for like thirty minutes now,” she growled.
“My phone didn’t go off,” I said slowly hoping to not piss her off anymore.
“Okay we’re coming to find you and we’re gonna walk around with you, because many scary looking tattooed guys means no one gets shanked,” I had to laugh at her…Hey it was funny!

“Aryn its Vegas, not the ghetto,” I laughed
“Don’t care, where are you,” she got right to the point.
“You’re really not kidding when you say they’re going to walk around with me are you,” I asked half laughing.
“No I’m not, where are you,” she repeated I rolled my eyes and gave her the address to the little shop I was in before hanging up.

“You’re friend sure seems worried,” the lady behind the counter said.
“Yeah we’re kinda like sisters, but she’s freaking out over nothing and now she’s sending in a bunch of tattooed muscled guys and I’m not gonna get any pictures taken,” I grumbled resting my head on the counter.
“Well maybe you can make them part of those pictures,” the lady said helpfully, my head shot up and a wicked smirk spread across my face.
“You’re brilliant…I get to take photos, that’s a plus, and I get annoy the shit outta Carey and his friends, yet another plus, it’s a win-win situation for me,” I did a little happy jumpy dance thing in a circle and cheered silently in my head.

“Oh my god we found you,” Aryn sighed and hugged me, Carey just arched an eyebrow and smirked at me in an almost ‘I told you so’ manner.
“Hey I didn’t call you dumbass, Aryn called me,” I stuck my tongue out at him.
“What the hell happened to the shy you…I liked her better she wasn’t snarky,” Carey grumbled
“You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit,” I sang at him before snapping a picture of his disbelieving face.
“You did not just say and do that…Did you,” he asked a small laugh in his voice.
“Why yes, yes I did,” I put my hands on my hips and smirked.

“Okay I think I like her,” one of the guys laughed hugging me, my feet weren’t on the ground and my camera was crushing my boobs. Not gonna lie wasn’t really enjoying this.
“Mase I don’t think she’s liking that,” one of the other guys laughed, it was the ’Potter’ guy from the Hills. I was quickly set on my feet and I sighed slightly in relief.
I grinned at him and snapped a picture of him; I then whirled around and sat on my butt before taking a picture of “Mase” talking to Carey. It was an interesting angle seeing as both had good features for the angle.
“What is with you and the floor,” Carey asked hauling me to my feet.
“I like the floor it doesn’t move…Except for sand…I don’t like sand,” I said in a childish voice. Carey rolled his eyes
“Don’t blame me, blame Potter he’s the one that stuck me on the sand dune,” I grumbled crossing my arms. Carey once again rolled his eyes
“Okay people I think we’ve terrorized this place enough, let’s move out,” Carey called to the large group. Before leaving I snapped a picture of the lady behind the desk.
“Thanks for the directions,” I called waving. She waved and chuckled a goodbye before going back to work.

“Directions to where,” Aryn asked falling into step beside me
“The pyramid shaped hotel thingy,” I said handing her the piece of paper, Aryn nodded and I noticed that we were in the middle of a pack of guys…All muscled and tattooed.
“Umm…I think we’re gonna die of testosterone poisoning,” I said glancing at the men surrounding us. Aryn laughed and just shook her head
“You might be right,” she laughed quietly. I nodded my head and poked Carey in the back
“Why are you poking me,” he asked glancing over his shoulder
“Because I’d like to know you’re not leading me off to some alley way to have me killed,” I grinned at him cheesily. Carey laughed and shook his head ‘no’.
“Oh you suck,” I grumbled
“Umm…Dudes love this and all, but we’re in Vegas, it is hot, you give off a lot of body heat and we’re in the middle…MOVE,” Aryn said. They all shifted away from us at that comment.
“YAY for Aryn,” I cheered and skipped away from the pack of guys.

Once I was far enough away I turned and snapped a picture, Aryn was standing next to me by now and chuckled at the picture. I will have to admit they’re not bad looking me, and they’re even better looking when they’re walking down the Vegas strip. I actually kinda like this photo.
“So I’m hungry,” I said as my stomach growled Aryn rolled her eyes and suggested we get food.
“Yeah but where to eat,” I sighed
“We get free food at Wasted Space,” Twitch grinned
“What the hell is that,” I asked
“Carey’s bar…Nightclub thing,” Mase…whose real name I learned was Mike said. Carey was walking up ahead of us and had no idea we were going to make him feed us.
“Carey…Oh Mr. Hart,” I sang from behind he whirled around slightly panicked
“That either means you want something or you’re about to kill me,” he said laughing.
“I’m le hungry,” I responded.
“Oh you want food,”
“Uh huh,”
“Okay…Wasted Space,” he asked the group who all nodded.
“Lez go,” I mumbled zig zagging while walking down the sidewalk.
“Is that normal for her,” one of the guys asked Aryn a slightly worried tone to his voice.
“Yeah…She got asked to take a sobriety test by a cop in Iowa because she was doing that down the sidewalk in the middle of the night,” Aryn laughed.
“No! I was doing it into on coming traffic, not that there was much, but still, get the story right,” I giggled still staring at my feet.
“You worry me child,” Twitch laughed
“Yeah…That’s what my mother says…She also says that photography won’t get me anywhere, but you know what I say to that? Fuck you,” I grinned before starting to skip in a zig zag. Have to admit I was having a lot more fun with these guys than I thought I would. And I got some pretty awesome photos.

Once we got to the nightclub thing that Carey owned we were seated quickly and I started snapping photos.
“Put the freaking camera away,” Carey moaned throwing his head back I smirked and took a photo of him.
“Okay that’s it,” he said suddenly before pinning me between Potter…Er Todd and the seat and snatching my camera.
“Oh you little bitch,” I grumbled trying…And failing to get my camera back. We were seated in one of those ten person booths in the VIP section. And Aryn and I were pretty much in the middle.
“Okay here I’ll make you a deal; I give you the camera back and you only take picture of people if you’re in them,” he smirked.
“Have I mentioned how much I hate you…Gimme,” I grumbled Carey laughed and for one of the first times I noticed how much I liked it.

We were…For the most part having a fun time. Aside from me and Carey and the sarcastic quips we threw at each other it was pretty fun. I glowered at Carey and felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I picked it up and read the text I’d received from Aryn.
Awwwe you two are flirting I stared at the screen really not comprehending what it said for a while.
“You look like someone just shot your puppy,” one of the guys from the Mulisha commented…I think his name was Brian…He was the dude that had offered me the water at the hills.
“I-I-I how the hell do you get that,” I asked Aryn after shutting my phone quickly. She just cracked up laughing and didn’t stop for a while.
“Does anyone want to explain,” Mike asked the group as a whole.
“Not really,” both Aryn and I said at the exact same time, the whole group of guys got this wide eyed look on their faces.
“You sure you’re not twins or something,” Mike asked
“Not as far as I know,” I grinned tilting my head sideways. I felt my camera being lifted from my lap and a flash let me know a picture was taken.
I glanced at Carey as he grinned
“Was that really necessary?” I asked kinda annoyed
“Yep,” he smirked.

It was then that all hell broke loose.

Some obnoxious cow started making a huge fuss about something and Carey went about as stiff as a board and white as a sheet in the same moment. I was really getting annoyed at her bitching so I did the only thing I knew how to do. I got up and stalked over to her where she was complaining about something. What I didn’t really care, but she was annoying the shit outta me.
“Listen…Chica I really don’t give a fuck what you’re pissed about, but seriously I don’t even know you and I hate you already, so please take you’re little bitch fit…Some place else, because some of us are trying to have a good time,” I snarled. The security guard looked at me wide eyed and half the people who were sitting in the room with us started cheering.
“Do you know who I am,” the woman snarled, her voice was like nails on a chalk board, screechy and scruffy even without her high pitched tonal range.
“No, and frankly I don’t really give a damn, if you do not leave in thirty seconds I’m going to deck you,” I spat my glare worsening. The woman had short bleached blonde hair and pink dyed into the fringe.
“You can’t tell me what to do,” she said glaring at me. Ooo I’m shaking in my boots…I’ve met scarier farm animals.

“I’m going to go sit back down with my friends and you’re going to leave right now, before I tell the owner that you’re causing a disturbance to the peace,” I sighed.
“You can’t do that because sweetie I know the owner,” she grinned, she looked like an insane alley cat.
“You know what you make me wanna do?” I asked her switching topics quickly, she looked at me like I was insane.
“What,” she asked arching an eyebrow.
“You make me wanna punch a baby kitten and I like cats,” I sighed “you make me very, very sad,” I sighed in an almost disappointed way.
“I’m gonna go sit back down now,” I sighed and walked back to my table.
“I’m proud you didn’t hit her,” Aryn laughed
“I wanted to…Can I please go hit that cow right in her annoying fake little face…URGH I don’t even know her and I think I’d rather shoot myself in the foot with a shotgun than have to be around her,” I slammed my head back against the seat of the booth. Carey still hadn’t regained much color and he was still ramrod still. I sighed and grabbed an ice cube before pulling back on the collar of his shirt and dropping the cube down his back.

That seemed to shock him back to the present as he grabbed the very cold ice out of the back of his shirt.
“You know a simple poke would have sufficed,” he grumbled I shrugged and he stuck the ice cube down the front of my shirt.
“Holy shit,” I breathed in as the cold ice got stuck in my bra.
“What,” Aryn laughed
“It’s in my bra, it’s in my bra; you asshole it’s in my bra,” I instinctively tried to get away from the ice.
“Well get it out,”
“I’m not reaching into my shirt in a restaurant,” I said as the cold water dripping down my stomach made me twitch.
“You want me to get it,” he laughed
“NO!” I smacked his arm he just laughed and I glowered. Once the ice cube had melted I felt much better, but the front of my shirt was dark with water. In retaliation to him sticking ice down my shirt I stuck more down his…And it was pretty much a vicious cycle of ice cubes.

The peroxide blonde had left the nightclub, but Carey was texting on his phone now more than ever.
“I’m going to take that away from you,” I stated my tone bored as he yet again replied to a text message.
“I think you need a new shirt,” he laughed
“That’s cause you put ice cubes down my shirt,” I glared
“You did the same thing,” he laughed I stuck my tongue out at him and crossed my arms over my soaked chest.
“Come on,” Carey stood from the booth and I followed, he led me to the Hart and Huntington store grabbed a small shirt with the logo on the front and handed it to me before directing me to the back room so that I could pull the soaked shirt off.
“I think you planned this,” I arched an eyebrow at him as I tied the back of the black shirt with a hair tie. The front of the shirt simply read ‘Hart’. I rolled up the sleeves on the large black shirt and glanced down, now my jeans and shirt were the same color.

Carey rolled his eyes at me and I laughed before walking out into the main area with him, Aryn and Twitch were completely not paying attention to anyone but the other so I chucked an ice cube at Aryn and ducked under the table.
“That’s cold,” she yelled at me I laughed and rolled out from under the table. I popped up and put my hands on my hips.
“You love me,” I winked and started singing ’Devils Dance Floor’ by Flogging Molly. I have odd taste in music, but you get used to it. Finally we left the club and went back to our hotel so Aryn could get ready for her “Thank you dinner” with Jeremy. I still think it’s a date, but she keeps insisting it wasn't. Yeah my left foot it isn’t. Oh well, I’ll keep my mouth shut…For now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jessi

Sorry about the length it kinda got away from me. ^.^; Hope it makes up for it being late. COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace, Shade.