Status: Rewriting.

Half In Love

To Feel;

I sat straight up in my bed, sweat causing my sheets to stick to my drenched body. I was parched, I wanted a shower, and my room smelled like a pound – what a shitty way to wake up, you might say. Well, I woke up like this every morning. I took my extremely-too-cold shower, fished through my room for some clothes, posted up on the couch with some Doritos and watched old Rin & Stimpy reruns until my phone started vibrating.

Well, today was different, apparently. Not only did I not get to watch Rin & Stimpy, I didn’t even get to sit down with my Doritos before my phone started buzzing on the coffee table – which was really just a bunch of stacked pizza boxes glued together. My roommate and I make it happen, I guess.

u got green, bro?

I rolled my eyes; of course I have green! I’m a drug dealer, you idiot.

ya u want a q?

I sprung up from the couch quick and ran to my room, picking up my mattress and grabbing a pre-stuffed baggie. I got back to the living room right when my phone went off again.

ya bro same spot k? ill b there n 10

“Drug users are so predictable,” I sighed, slamming my apartment door behind me. Three blocks to go and no time to waste.


Image

“When do you start?” Darcy asked as we casually walked down the sidewalk.

I shrugged. “That Jeanette lady said she’d called me in to give me my hours tomorrow. I’m really not in that big of a rush,” I sighed, stepping over a large stick on the sidewalk. “The job doesn’t really seem as glamorous as they make it out to be – I mean, the women that work that are probably a cruel lot of panthers. Isn’t that what most magazines are?”

Darcy laughed. “Hey, my mother works for a magazine!”

“– and how old is her boyfriend?” I teased, a grand smile on both of our faces.

“Oh, hush! You know he’s cute. You’re just mad ‘cause you couldn’t – “

I followed her gaze to two young men exchanging a baggie of some sorts and some money.

“– holy shit.” Darcy mumbled a few more things from next to me, then she tugged at my arm. “Come on, just pretend like you didn’t see anything!”

I gave her an odd look. “Those were drug dealers, and were not going to do anything?”

“Nope,” she said simply, continuing to tug me along.

I nodded. “Okay.”

Those poor, unfortunate souls.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I made a throne for hope to sit." - La Dispute

I changed the layout. I didn't like the other as much as this one.