The Girl With the Black Book

Sieben

Bambi Rose was happy that it was a weekend. She changed into her muggle clothes that her parents let her buy at some store called a mall. Bambi Rose adored all these muggle things that she has found. She finds them fascinating in every way. She wore a plain blue shirt with a style that the muggles liked to call a 'tank top' and a pair of blue jeans. She slipped on her socks and converse that she found at a show store called 'Journey's'. She loved everything there is at the muggle world. Sometimes her parents will let her go to wherever she pleases by herself. Bambi Rose knows that they don't want her in the same house as her brothers and sisters.

Bambi Rose grabbed her black book and a pencil and an eraser and went toward the black lake. She loved the sounds of rippling water coming out of the lake. She enjoyed the loneliness by herself. Makes her feel that she can do anything with the silence around her. She began to finish her drawing that she started in her Transfiguration class. The picture was fairly simple and very pretty. She drew a small girl, somewhere around the age of six or seven, and she drew death in her painting, or something similar. Bambi Rose finished drawing her hair and wrote a small caption on the bottom, which read 'Art is anything that you can get away with'.

Bambi Rose liked what she did. Vormund suddenly appeared on her shoulder. Bambi Rose petted him and smiled.

"Rose, you need to choose," Vormund told her.

Bambi Rose nodded. She grabbed her list of people and decided to choose Hermione. Bambi Rose liked Hermione. She was nice to her. Hermione always made her feel as if she wasn't weird or crazy.

The next day, Vormund swooped down and gave Hermione the black book. Hermione was a bit surprised to say the least. The pages were blank. She tried to get to the end, but nothing stopped and nothing ended. Hermione closed the book and went to the back cover. She saw plenty of names covered the back page, some of them were on the next page. Hermione grabbed her quill and quickly wrote her name neatly, right next to Bambi Rose's name. Hermione was surprised that the ink dried quickly enough. She never saw a book before that could do that.

Suddenly, drawing were filled with different quotes and messages, but the drawings were something Hermione has never seen. Some of them made her stifle her giggles while some she thought were absolutely amazing.

"What do you have there, 'Mione?" Terran asked her.

"I... I think I have your sister's black book," Hermione told him.

"How come she gives it to the people she knows, yet she doesn't give it to her own siblings?" Terran asked her with anger dripping from his voice.

"I don't know. I'm not your sister, you know," Hermione told him.

Hermione flipped though the pages. One she liked in particular. It as a small boy holding magnifying glasses on one side while the other was with the same boy, but he was happy and was holding up a peace sign. Hermione found them really good and very detailed. She captured the expression and the shadows in each of her pieces. She noticed a small quote on the bottom. 'Life isn't about finding yourself - it's about creating yourself'. Hermione found this something everybody should have, if not, should do. Hermione grabbed one of her quills, dipped it in ink, and began writing.

'I think everybody should do this a lot. Not a lot of people know that life is creating yourself, not finding yourself. I also think the drawing is cute and very realistic. Keep on doing the good work.' Hermione didn't know what to do next. She signed her name quickly. Just has her signature, the book closed by itself and zoomed toward Bambi Rose. As if she knew, Bambi Rose got hold of the book before it hit anybody.

"As if she knew..." Hermione muttered to herself.

"What was that?" Harry asked her.

"What? Oh... nothing," Hermione told him.

Hermione was determined to find out what's going on with Bambi Rose. Hermione just had to. She wanted to know why she's like this and not like her brothers or sisters. She really wanted to know, so much even if it kills her. Literally.