Status: Complete!

Mr. Geek and Ms. Popular

Who Are You Again

Ahhh, the first day of senior year. I walked down the long hallway towards my locker, saying hello to everyone who passed by me, well those who I knew, and those who we do not consider as the geeks, nerds or the just plain losers slash freakish people. See I run this school, along the side of my boyfriend, Matt Johnson.

"Yo babe!" Speck of the devil.

I laughed slightly, turning around to find Matt walking towards me.

"Hey baby," I smiled up at him giving him a hug and a light kiss on the lips.

“How is your morning so far, babe?” Matt asked, hugging my waist, while I placed my books into my locker.

“Good,” I sighed, when Matt started placing kisses along my neck.

Soon the bell rang and we kissed goodbye. I made my way to the science building, where I found that the teacher made up seating assignments and put me next to a Joseph Jonas. Hmm must be new. I thought, taking my seat at the lab table assigned to me.

Once there I took out my notebook and started on what was on the board. The scraping of the chair next to me, snapped me out of my own thoughts. I looked over to find a guy with a button up shirt, slightly tight jeans, dark brown almost black hair, and glasses. He ignored me and never looked up from his backpack.

"Hi, you must be Joseph," I stated, making his head snap in my direction, as I smiled at him. He stared back at me, slightly shocked for some reason.

"Y-y-yeah," Joseph stuttered, nodding his head.

"Well hi, I'm Carly, are you new?" I asked, still smiling. Joseph shook his head, now looking slightly angry.

“No, and I know who you are,” Joseph spat out, glaring at me.

Must be a geek then. I thought glaring at him. I shuddered at this thought. I almost made nice with a geek. Soon the bell rang and the teacher walked into the room.

"Welcome class, I'm Mrs. Ellis and the people who you are sitting next to will be your partner for the rest of the year, not to mention for the first assignment, which will be a five thousand word essay on chemical bonds and their reactions," Mrs. Ellis said, smiling at all of us.

Everyone groaned, not believing she would start off the year with an essay. Everyone seemed happy about their partners, besides two people... yep you guessed it, Mr. Geek next to me, and myself. I raised my hand, glaring at Jonas.

"Yes Miss James?" Mrs. Ellis smiled at me.

"Is there anyway to switch partners?" I smiled sweetly back, hoping she would say yes.

"I'm sorry, but no Miss James, there is not," Mrs. Ellis glared at me. Guess she's not fond of the whole paring popular people with other popular people... figures, she looks like she used to be a geek in high school anyways.

I groaned, placing my head in my arms, while she went on and on about the classroom rules and what not. As soon as the bell rang, I ran for the door and to my locker, where I saw Matt leaning against it, waiting for me.

“I hate that bitch,” I growled, throwing open my locker door after unlocking my lock.

“Who and why?” He raised his eyebrows, confused on my sudden outrage.

“Mrs. Ellis, she put me with a fucking geek and wouldn’t let me switch partners,” I snapped. I started to take breaths to clam myself.

“Wow, she is a bitch, doesn’t she know who you are,” he shook his head, hugging me.

“Apparently not, if she pared me up with that lame freak,” I sighed, hugging him back.

“Carly?” I heard a voice from behind me.

Rolling my eyes, I turned around, only to find Jonas standing there. Matt tighten his grip on my waist, glaring daggers towards him. He seemed to always be the jealous type, even if it came down to the lowest of the lows.

“What do you want?” I sneered, making Matt chuckle behind me.

“Uhhh, I uhh, w-w-wanted,” Jonas stuttered, shuffling his feet a little bit.

“Spit it out man, can’t you see she doesn’t want to talk to you, and who are you again?” Matt growled, stepping in front of me.

“Joe Jonas.”

I looked around Matt to find Jonas glaring at him. I never knew he was that tall.... He had to be only a couple centimeters shorter than Matt.

“Ahhh yes, Jonas, younger brother of Kevin Jonas, pole vaulting extraordinaire, and older brother of Nick Jonas, the one with the voice, but seems like you’re the geek in the family,” Matt laughed. I looked up at him, wondering how he knew of him when I did not.

“Uhh y-yeah, but C-c-carly, I-I was wondering if you wanted to work on the paper tonight, so w-we could finish it early?” Jonas questioned, looking at my peeking form behind Matt, who did not seem to like this one bit, because he stepped towards him more. This only causedJoe Jonas to step back.

“She can’t, she has chorus tonight.”

“Actually that got canceled, so I could spar a few hours doing that stupid paper,” I spoke up, shrugging my shoulders and coming out from behind Matt. Both heads snapped towards me, Jonas just staring, while Matt glared down at me.

“What?”

“Listen, the sooner we get this paper done, the sooner we don’t have to talk to this loser,” I explained, looking up at him.

“Yeah, okay,” he sighed, while his face soften towards me.

Looking back over towards Jonas, I noticed him not looking so happy. Wonder what crawled up his ass.

“Okay, where do you want to do this paper?” I sighed, paying more attention to my nails than him.

“My house, I have to watch my little brother."

“Fine, meet me here at the end of the day,” I sighed, shutting my locker, and walked away with Matt, leaving behind a staring Jonas.

I soon found myself getting into my car, on our way home with Jonas in the passenger seat and his little brother along with mine in the back.

“Do not touch anything,” I warned Jonas once we got inside and pulling out of the student parking lot.

Senior year and doesn’t even have a car or licenses yet. I gripped the steering wheel, not believing I have this geek inside my car.

“She has a slight case of OCD about things,” Shawn, my younger brother announced, chuckling a little. "You should see her purse." He grabbed my purse from the center counselor, unzipping it, and showing the two Jonas’.

In inside laid a hairbrush on one side, my wallet on the other, and some lip-gloss on the bottom. If anyone touched or moved it out of order, I normally freaked on them and I would have to stop anything to fix it.

“Leave my purse alone,” I growled, glaring at him for a second through the rear view mirror, before putting my focus back onto the road.

I pulled up into my driveway and looked back towards at Shawn, while he started getting out of the car.

“Do you have a key?” I questioned, rolling down my window.

“Nope,” Shawn shook his head and stuck his hand through my window.

I gave him my keys so he could go unlock the door. Once unlocked, he ran back handing me the keys.

“I’ll be back later, Dad is suppose to call, but you know him, and on the way home I’ll pick up some dinner, okay?” I started up the car, looking up at him.

“Okay,” he nodded his head, starting back up the driveway. I smiled at him and started to back out, but stopped and stuck my head out the window.

“If you go any where, you better call me and let me know where you are!” I called out, before he went inside.

“OKAY!” he yelled back, throwing me two thumbs up. I giggled, shook my head and started to back out again.

“Who’s that?” I heard Nick ask from the back seat.

“Who’s what?” I glanced through the rear view mirror at him.

“On your key chain, who’s the little boy?” He pointed down to my keys.

“Oh that’s my other little brother, well half brother, he lives with my Dad and Step-mom,” I liedsomewhat.

“Cool.” He smiled at me through the mirror.

“Uh turn right here,” Jonas voiced, pointing to the next street.

I listened to his direction, turning down the next street on the right.

“Second on the right." He pointed to the blue and white house. I pulled up the driveway and both boys seem to jump out of the car.

“MOM, WE’RE HOME!” Nick announced, once we stepped through the doorway.

They both kicked off their shoes by the door, causing me to do the same. A beautiful looking woman, with dark brown curls, came walking out of the kitchen. I assumed she was their mother, because they looked just like her.

“Hello boys, and who is this?” she asked, smiling at me.

“Uhh this is Carly James mom, we have a paper to write together,”Joe Jonas explained.

“Hello dear, I’m Denise." She stuck out her hand to shake my hand.

“Hi, nice to meet you,” I smiled, shaking her hand.

I noticed Jonas looked slightly shocked by me being nice. Denise nodded her head, still smiling brightly.

“We’ll be in my room if you need us mom." Jonas began walking up the stairs, me in tow.

“Alright, well dinner should be ready soon, Carly dear, are you staying for dinner?”

“Sorry Denise, I can’t, but thank you for the offer.” I gave her an uneasy smile.

“That’s okay dear, maybe some other time.”

I smiled, nodding my head, and then followed Jonas up the rest of the stairs. Where we then went through the second door on the left.

“I thought you were supposed to watch your little brother, Jonas,” I perched an eyebrow his way, while placing my bag on the floor, and sitting on his bed.

“Uh, I do, but mom usually makes us dinner then she leaves to go meet our dad at a restaurant,” he explained, while taking a seat at his desk.

I just nodded my head and dug my Science book out of my bag. We sat in silence, taking notes. I sighed, falling back on Jonas' bed, rubbing my head, because of a sudden headache. Jonas looked up at me.

"Are you ok?" Jonas asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a headache," I sighed, closing my eyes.

"Do you want some medicine?"

"Yeah, please," I nodding head, looking at up him.

"I'll be right back." He started walking towards the door, only to trip on nothing but his own two feet.

"Are you ok?" I sat up to get a better look at his sprawled out body, while trying to hold in my giggles.

"Yeah, I love going on those long trips." Jonas throwing me a huge grin.

I couldn't hold it any more, and started to crack up laughing. I got up and held out my head to him. He smiled up at me, taking my hand. I tried to pull him up, only to fall down myself, half landing on Jonas.

"I have to agree with you, those long trips are fun," I agreed, as we both laughed.

This was the first time in a while since I have laughed that hard. I was still half lying on Jonas, when we both started to calm down.

"I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time," I admitted, as Jonas and I smiled at each other.

"Liar, I saw you laughing today at lunch," Jonas pointed out.

"That was a fake laugh, I hadn't laughed a true laugh like I just did since before my-," I stopped short, shutting myself up. I stared at him with wide eyes, not believing that I allowed myself to get this far.

"Since when, Carly?" I heard his voice softly ask, and that's when I noticed how close we really were.

So close, I could feel his breath on my face. I looked into his eyes and could tell that he was willing to listen to whatever I had to say. Though I am not to sure if I am ready for that yet, especially with ageek person I just met.