The Unwanted Marriage

My Sister's suggestion

“Huh?!” was all I could even say. I was shocked when she suddenly asked a virgin like me, a stupid question like that! Of all the people, it was my sister! My loving Unnie!

“My God. We have to arrange the marriage as soon as possible,” Siwon’s Mom suddenly said.

“Siwon, you didn’t even bother to tell us that you have a girlfriend! Haha,” Siwon’s dad laughed. Did he think it was funny? It wasn’t funny at all! And it’s absolutely not true!

Siwon was still in the state of shock, as I looked at him. He looked stupid and just stared at me.

“Yes. We should set the date as soon as possible,” My dad calmly agreed to Siwon’s mom.

“No! I can’t marry him!” I protested. How can I marry him?!

“If your going to push through the wedding, I’m gonna kill myself!” I threatened them. But it seemed like there was no effect at all.

“And my baby!” I added. It just made them more surprise.

“I’m not the father! I swear! I’m not!” Siwon suddenly yelled.

“So, you’re really pregnant?!” My sister asked again.

“No! I’m not.”

“Then why mention a baby?!”

“It was just to threaten you!” I told her.

“Nevertheless, even if your pregnant or not, the school administration have come up to a decision that your children are going to be expelled from the school.” Ms. Kim suddenly said.

Here it comes, the worst scenario ever! Sooyoung was right! Urgh!

“Ms. Kim, you know you can’t do that!” My sister suddenly protested.

“Well, we can. Unless, your children would take up the responsibility of their action and, you know what I mean.” Ms. Kim added.

I don’t actually know what she means, but it felt really creepy!

We weren’t able to come with a decision inside Ms. Kim’s office because Siwon and I would protest every now and then, so we decided to go home.

I, my sister, and my dad stayed quiet inside the car until we reached the house. It was so obvious that my sister didn’t want to talk to me. I attempted to open up a discussion with her but she didn’t even answer me. Not even a word. My dad on the other hand was a bit happy. I don’t know why! I expected him to be angry at me or what but I was just surprised that he wasn’t.

During dinner, we discussed things again.

“We’ll be meeting with Siwon’s family tomorrow and discuss the wedding,” my dad stated.

“I’d rather attend some other school than marry him.”

Unnie suddenly dropped her spoon and fork to the plate and glared at me.

“You can’t transfer! Mom wanted you to finish high school there!” She tried to relax herself while saying it.

“Mom is already dead; she won’t be able to react if I transfer!”

“HAEMI!” my dad yelled at me for the first time that day. I know he was angry but he just didn’t want to show it to me.

“If you still have respect and love for your mother, you will do everything just to graduate from that school. That’s the only thing she wanted you to do before she died,” my dad explained.

“I could do anything except marrying him. Dad, how could I risk my independence just to fulfill mom’s last wish?”

“It’s your fault anyway. You have to take care of your own mess Haemi.” Unnie added.

“By what? By marrying?!”

“If you can’t even respect your mother’s last will, then you better get out of my house!” My dad angrily told me then walked towards his room.

My dad never raises his voice, not even when he’s already very angry, that’s why I felt really, really bad.

“You know very well how it hurts him whenever we mention Mom.” Unnie suddenly opened up.

“Haemi, I know very well that you are still young, if I were in your situation, I’d never agree to marry him too. But you have no other choice. If you love dad, you really have to do it.” She continued

“Unnie! I don’t wanna be stuck with that bastard forever!”

“Have you ever heard of divorce?! Aigoo. You don’t really think, don’t you?”

“Dad will be very angry if I do that.”

“Our goal here is for you to graduate in that school. That’s what mom said. She didn’t say anything about picking a person for you or something. So, I know very well that after you graduate, dad will be very satisfied and then you could have a divorce.” She explained to me.

I was so amazed by my sister! It never actually came into my mind. She’s really intelligent.

“Unnie!!! Thank you!” I said while hugging her.

“So we’re settled now? You have to endure it. Graduation is just a few months away anyways.”

“Wait! What if Siwon won’t agree about the divorce?”

“Always remember who you are HaeMi... You are the school Gang’s leader right?” She said.

I was pretty much satisfied with my Unnie’s suggestion! Honestly, I almost forgot that nothing ever comes in my way. And I absolutely won’t allow Siwon to block my way.

Now, what should I do to make that bastard agree to divorce me?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Written by Kiashu, edited by Technochic.