The Unwanted Marriage

Big deal?

“I sprained my foot! I promise! I fell on the floor because this bastard blocked my way when I was running!” I angrily yet nervously explained to Ms. Kim.

“It’s true,” Siwon confirmed.

“Well, let’s say it’s true. But how about this?” she said and pressed the play button.

I saw right before my eyes the most awkward moment that night. It wasn’t really that clear because we were behind a bookshelf, but I saw Siwon on top of me. I felt awkward with him again and I felt a bit hot. Honestly, I don’t know why but that’s how I felt.

“Why are you blushing?” Ms. Kim suddenly asked me.

I was so caught off guard! I didn’t even know why I’m blushing!

I tried to think of possible answer but nothing came out from my brain, “Ah…”

“She lost her balance and I fell with her. That’s all that happened Ms. Kim.” Siwon defended us. Well, not literally. I know very well that he was only defending himself.

“Okay. I don’t actually know what the truth is yet so I’m going to have further investigation. I’ll inform you later about it. So for now, just go back to your classes,” she said then chased us away.

While we walked out of her office, I still felt a bit embarrassed about blushing. I looked at myself in the door glass and saw my face still red.

Siwon suddenly stopped right in front of me and looked at me mockingly.

“What was that? Why didn’t you answer?! It was your entirely fault!”

“What?! It wasn’t my fault! It was yours! Who told you to massage me? Huh?!” I angrily answered back.

“My fault?! I guess you even liked it!”

“In your dreams!” I answered back. What the hell happened to his intelligent mind, having stupid conclusions like that!

“If not, why is your face red?!” he teased me! He even had the nerve to tease me!

“Yah! I didn’t blush because of that! I’m…. I’m sick!” I yelled back and walked hurriedly away from him.

I was so in agony the whole morning. I wasn’t able to pay attention to class (well, I always don’t pay attention to class) and I wasn’t able to mingle with my two close friends. When lunch time came, I walked towards the cafeteria with Sooyoung and Amber.

“Yah! Please tell me honestly, did you and Siwon spent the night together?!” Sooyoung suddenly asked just right after I ate my food.

I was so dumbfounded by her question and because of that, I almost choked. Amber helped me by tapping my back and Sooyoung offered me her bottled water.

“Are you okay now?” Amber asked.

“Yeah.”

“So, can you answer me honestly?” Sooyoung asked again

“How did you know?”

“So it’s true then! How could you do this to me? Huh HaeMi? You’re supposed to be my friend!” she suddenly mumbled.

“Yah, Choi Sooyoung! If you only knew how much I hated my day yesterday! Even if we did spend the night together, we didn't do anything! Alright?” I told her.

“ Besides, no matter how broken hearted you are and how high your desire is to have Siwon, that will never happen because he is your cousin,” Amber added.

“You don’t have to keep on reminding me,” Sooyoung said with watery eyes.

“We have to say it because we are your friends.” Amber explained.

“Anyways, what really happened? You’re supposed to be enemies. How did you end up being together?” Sooyoung asked again; now back to her usual self.

“We were locked up in the library,” I answered briefly,

“So, it really is true!” she stated again.

“Sooyoung, could you just tell me how much you’ve heard?” I asked her.

“Rumors are spreading that you two had sex in the library last night. Is it true?”

I looked at her with surprise. I even thought that no rumors spread like this.

“NO! Absolutely not true!” I defended myself.

“How far did the both of you go?” Amber suddenly asked out of nowhere.

“Hey! Are you deaf? I just said nothing happened!”

“'Nothing happened' is different from 'not true',” Amber corrected me.

“You cannot hide anything from us, so you better tell what exactly happened!” Sooyoung threatened me.

“FINE! We were locked up and I got sprained. He took care of me, gave me his food and allowed me to drink his coke..”

“Oh my! He never, EVER allows anyone to drink his coke! And that would mean, you had indirect kiss with him!” Sooyoung interrupted.

“Ew! Don’t remind me and let me finish.”

“Sorry.”

“And massaged my foot. Ms. Kim thought we had sex because of our conversation, which is clearly not true! And by the way, who started spreading that rumor?!” I explained to them.

“I heard it from Heechul.” Sooyoung answered.

“From Leetuk.” Amber said.

“So, it really is all over the school! Sheet! My reputation will be on the rocks because of this!”

“Super! What if Ms. Kim kicks you out of school because of this! OMG!” Sooyoung suddenly, out of no where, said the worst scenario ever.

I wasn’t able to react because there was absolutely 100% possibility that it would happened. My mind started to float somewhere and I imagined and started thinking what will happen to me if I get kicked out. I could be, and absolutely will be a laughing stock!

“Don’t even bother to think about it. It’s impossible.” Amber suddenly said.

“Why do you think so?” Sooyoung asked her.

“If they were to kick her out, it would have been a long time ago! And besides, HaeMi’s dad is..”

“Don’t mention it. It gives me a lot of pressure.” I interrupted her.

The lunch break was so short and I wasn’t able to eat enough food because of our conversation. That’s why when I entered the class, my stomach was so noisy.

When I went to the comfort room, I saw a girl student holding a piece of doughnut. Because I couldn’t stop my hunger anymore, I went to her, took her doughnut and ate it as fast as I could.

She just stared at me, she looked really surprise but she couldn’t react because it was me.

“Thanks for the food!” I said and walked slowly away from her.

“Actually Haemi. I’m so sorry!” She suddenly begged me.

“Huh?” I looked back at her and saw her already crying and regretful.

“The doughnut.. It’s….” she couldn’t continue talking because she was already crying.

“I deserve to die. I’m really sorry!” she continued.

“Will you just tell me what's wrong?!” I angrily said.

“The doughnut; it’s rotten” she said. And that, that made me want to throw up!

I tried everything to get the doughnut out of my system but it seemed like it’s already in the process of digestion. So, I went back to my class feeling so sick.

“HaeMi, to my office,” Ms. Kim suddenly interrupted our class.

I followed her silently, still feeling so sick. And when we arrived, I was surprised when I saw my sister, Yuri, my dad, Siwon and a couple (who seemed to be Siwon’s parents) there. I sat beside my sister and asked her what is it all about,

“I don’t know,” she answered.

“Well, I’m sorry for the disturbance but there’s something really important that we have to talk about.” Ms. Kim paused and looked at each and every one of us.

“Mr.Lee, Mr. and Mrs. Choi, we have caught your children having or doing something that married couple should only do inside the school premises.” She dropped the bomb.

I wasn’t able to hold my sickness anymore so I ran towards Ms. Kim’s toilet just located inside her office and threw up.

When I was done, everyone looked at me with their eyes wide open and mouth half closed.

“You’re pregnant?!” my sister suddenly asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written by Kiashu, edited by Technochic.