Status: Finished

When She Cries

Chapter 30

Image

*Zacky's P.O.V.*

It's almost noon and Elle still hasn't woken up. When Val tried waking her up for school, but she practically begged not to go. Since it was Friday, Val didn't see any harm in letting her stay home.

Since last night, Matt really hasn't talked to anyone. We were all taking the day off from the studio today to get our heads cleared up. So much was going on, and I think Elle felt like everything was her fault.

"Is she still asleep?" Jimmy asked, walking into the kitchen. I just nodded. We sat in silence for a while, before he sighed, hanging his head. "You were right," he mumbled.

I looked at him confused. "About?"

"I do owe her an apology. It's just... Everyone was so quick to accuse me of drugs and shit, I guess it just followed me." He ran his hand down his face. "And I feel horrible for it. She was finally starting to look like she was happy here with us and she wasn't afraid anymore. Now that's probably all down the drain."

I paused, thinking over what he was saying. "She thinks Matt doesn't love her anymore," I said softly.

He looked at me with wide eyes. "Why?"

I shrugged. "With everything that's going on, she thinks that he doesn't love her anymore, and probably that you abandoned her. She was getting close to you. Just like when I screwed up..."

He shook his head. "We screwed up."

"But it's never too late to fix it." I might not be happy with how him and Matt reacted, but he was still my best friend. He's never given someone a reason to hate him, but damn he could be hard headed sometimes.

"I'm going to go see if she's awake," he said, heading towards the stairs.

*Elle's P.O.V.*

I was laying in bed, not bothering to open my eyes. I didn't want to get out of bed, I was fine right where I was. I know hiding from the world isn't going to do any good, but I felt safe.

I was confused when I felt the bed sinking next to me. So, I opened my eyes and slowly looked to the side. There, I saw Uncle Jimmy. He smiled softly, reaching towards me, but I flinched away. He gave me a hurt look. "Hey, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you," he said gently, reaching towards me again. I let him this time, and he ran his fingers through my hair. "I'm sorry, Elle, I really am," he whispered, looking at me with sad eyes.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked. I didn't want him or anyone else that I've come to call my family be mad at me. I didn't like it...

"No, Baby, I'm not mad at you." I nodded as tears came out of no where. Maybe it was relief? I didn't care. I was tired of crying. "Come here." He pulled me into his arms and held me close. "It's okay. We're going to get through this."

"How?"

"We're family, Elle. We all help each other through everything. All the guys and girls are here for you, just know that." I nodded, snuggling into his chest. "I'll lay here with you for a little bit longer, but then I want you to get up and get ready."

I looked up at him confused. "Why?"

"Because we need to go have a little talk with... Douche Bag."

I knew he was talking about, and I started shaking my head. "Please don't."

"Why not?" It was his turn to be confused.

“Why go?”

"Because, we need to have a little talk." I could hear the anger dripping from his voice.

"Please don't do anything, Uncle Jimmy. I don't want to lose you."

"You're not going to lose me."

"But if you do something stupid, then he'll get the cops involved and you'll go to jail. I'm not worth that."

"Hey." He took my face between his hands and made me look at him. "You are worth it. I would kill or die for you, Elle. You're my baby girl," he said, kissing my forehead.

"And why weren't we invited to the pajama party?" Michelle asked, her hands on her hips, and Brian standing behind her.

"Because I don't want to share," Uncle Jimmy said, pulling me to him and throwing the covers over my head.

"And why not?"

"Because she's mine and no one else can have her."

"Stop being so selfish, James," Brian said.

"As soon as you get down from your ego!"

Uh oh...

"Oh, it is on." Was all I heard, before he pounced onto Uncle Jimmy.

"Careful!" Michelle yelped. I climbed out of the bed and watched the two grown men rolling around on the bed.

"Yeah, that's not weird," Zacky said, as he stood at the door, shaking his head.

"Hey! Where'd she go?" Uncle Jimmy asked, throwing the blankets up and looking around frantically. I couldn't help but laugh at the what was happening in front of me.

Everyone froze. "Oh... My... God. Did we just get her to laugh?" Brian asked.

"I think so," Michelle said, smiling.

Uncle Jimmy jumped from the bed, and ran over to me. "Do it again." He smiled.

"Freak," I laughed, shaking my head.

"It's a miracle!" I rolled my eyes at my insane uncle.

"So, now that you're up, you can get ready," Zacky said, smiling. I looked at him, before making a run for my bed again. But I was sadly stopped by Brian grabbing my shoulders.

"No, Little Miss. Go get your little butt showered and dressed."

"Please don't make me," I pleaded, not wanting to go anywhere Mike's.

"It's going to be okay, I promise. That fucker won't even dare do anything while we're around," he said, trying to comfort me, but it wasn't working. He might not lay a hand on me, but he'll still try to do something.

Why were they making me do this?

Image

Image