Sequel: Contagious Chemistry
Status: READ THE SEQUEL:D

Summer Is When Everything Could Happen

Thirty First

My fingers tapped rhythmically on the wooden table outside the smoothie café as we sat down around it, protected by the big umbrella hovering over us. Pat rolled his eyes when he took a look at his watch again for the thousandth time in the last five minutes. I leaned back onto the wooden chair and leaned my head back until my eyes were staring at the bright, clear blue sky.

Dana had her legs pulled up to her chest as she rested her head on her knees and Lance was finger drumming onto the table. We were waiting for Kaitlyn to show up after we called her and she was in Phoenix with her parents for a vacation.

“Where is she!?”, Pat grunted as he sat up straight. “She should be here by now. Or should I say ten minutes ago.”

“Can you be a little patient? Probably she’s on her way.”, Dana snapped as she glared at him. Pat glared back and they were now in a glaring contest. I cluck my tongue and had my head back front.

“You guys are like kids.”, I scoffed. “Pat, stop jumping on Dana’s back, she’s trying to get our band together and back on Warped. Dana, stop spitting at Pat, he’s a person, and he has feelings.”

After I said that, all their eyes were on me. Lance stayed quiet, probably not wanting to get dirt on this. Dana looked down and sighed before leaning forward and pecked Pat’s cheek. “Sorry, Patty.”

Pat grinned and ruffled Dana’s hair in a brotherly manner. “Me too.”

I smiled at the sight. It felt really good to have a band time, and every time we had a stupid fight with each other, we always know how to revive the situation and the relationship.

“New York Suicide?”, a voice asked doubtfully from behind me. I turned my head around and found the girl who came up to me a month or so ago. She was holding a digital camera and her face were so bemused. Probably because we were sitting in front of her. “I’m Kaitlyn.”

“Hi!”, my face lit up and stood up, before pulling her into a hug. “I remember you, how are you?”

Her face was kind of priceless when I pulled away. She had her mouth hung open a bit and her eyes sparkled when I hugged her. “Is something wrong?”, I asked.

“I-I’m sorry. You guys are like, my favorite band, so…”, she didn’t finish her words. I waved my hand and let her sit on my seat, and I pulled another chair from the other table.

“So, Kailtyn, you have something to show us?”, Pat asked with a relieved look. Kailtyn nodded slightly before handing him her camera. Pat’s fingers fidgeted on the camera before his eyes widened on something. “You guys have to look at this.”

My eyebrows cocked up and Dana and I exchanged glances before we huddled up behind Pat. It was a video of Megan confronting me. It was kind of blurry and afar, but her blonde hair was popping out and there won’t be a doubt about this.

“I was trying to give you guys the video as soon as I heard the news, but posting it into the internet isn’t the best idea too, so I contact your tour manager and he told me to talk to Dana.”, Kailtyn explained, more like stuttered, as we watched the video.

After the video was done, I nodded and smirked to Kaitlyn. “You won’t mind if we borrow the camera for a week right?”

“Huh?”, her face was puzzled but Dana already knew what I was going to say so she just placed her hands on Kaitlyn’s shoulders.

“In return, you’ll do something that all your friends will be jealous off.”, Dana smiled down at her.
****************
I put on my sunglasses as we walked through the arena to the Hurley. Com stage. We had to be escorted by securities because there were so many people who wanted to ask us a question and Kevin walked in front of us. Reckless Dreams was on and I could hear Megan’s singing from afar.

The whispering of the fans gave me chills and some of them were talking about me, specifically me. When we got to the backstage, Kevin told their sound guy to cut the power off Megan’s and her band mate’s mics. When it was already off, Vance gave me my mic and I ran out to the stage.

The crowd roared when I came into sight and Megan’s eyes bulged out like they were going to pop out from their sockets. “What’s up, Atlanta?!”, I screamed through the mic and smirked at Megan. She was still frozen at her spot. “I’m sorry to interrupt Reckless Dreams’ set but—“, I pushed the mic away from my lips. “You’re busted.”, I said quietly to Megan.

Her face turned pale and then, the security dragged her off the stage. Her band mates followed her and then, Dana, Pat and Lance walked onto the stage, greeted by the howling screams of the crowd. “We’re New York Suicide and we’re here for you guys!”

They erupted into hysterical screams again as Lance and Dana started the intro to All Time Low’s Poison.

‘I've got a house in the back of my head
But I can't find a permanent resident
Cause the markets down and
The area's not so good these days
I've got a watch but I don't have time
I got a road and it leads to decadence
But a dead end sign waits down the line
I leave my footprints for the evidence’
, I sang through the mic and before I sing the chorus, suddenly, an arm wrapped around my shoulder. I turned my head to the side and Alex grinned at me. That was why the girls in the front row went nuts a few seconds ago.

‘So take my life
I'll hand it to you
And you can try on my clothes
But you can't fill these shoes
On a silver platter
Your wish came true
So your heart of gold turned platinum
You can take my life
But you can't take it with you
’, we sang together and the crowd sang along. It felt so good and it was like ecstasy to be on stage. You’d be craved.

‘More long days and fleeting nights
So tell them, wake me under flashing lights
Cause I'm a brand name bought and sold
They say a face for fame is a crying shame
Because to face the crowd is to play their game
And I can play a little too rough now and again’
, Alex sang alone and he jumped off from the stage and into the front of the barricade. The girls went crazy as he lent in his hands and I just laughed at the view. “Ally Smith, everybody!”

‘You drank the poison and I let you in

So take my life
I'll hand it to you
And you can try on my clothes
But you can't fill these shoes
On a silver platter
Your wish came true
So your heart of gold turned platinum
You can take my life but you can't take it with you

You drank the poison and I, I let you in
Would you trade that heart of gold for a minute in my skin
You drank the poison and I, I let you in
Would you trade that heart of gold for a minute in my skin’
, I sang alone as Alex jumped up back to the stage.

‘So take my life
I'll hand it to you
And you can try on my clothes
But you can't fill these shoes
On a silver platter
Your wish came true
So your heart of gold turned platinum
You can take my life but you can't take it with you.’
, Alex and I sang together. When we finished the song, the crowd erupted into a loud cheer.

“Welcome back.”, Alex whispered into my ear before pulling me into a hug. It was good to be back.