Sequel: Contagious Chemistry
Status: READ THE SEQUEL:D

Summer Is When Everything Could Happen

Ninth

When we arrived in Seattle, Vance told us that we were booked for a private acoustic session on KISS. The ride to the studio was fun. Filled with laughter and discussion about what song Dana and I would be performing.

The studio was located near a beach and when I got out from the van, I didn’t know that The Summer Set was invited to do an acoustic session too. Stephen smiled at me and I smiled back. when John got out from the van, he waved at me.

We found out that our turn was after The Summer Set and I decided to watch them from the side of the small stage. Brian and Stephen walked up to the stage, greeted by some screams from the girls in the crowd. They started with Love Like This, Chelsea and then Punch-Drunk Love.

“So guys, my friend Stephen here, wanted to sing a song for the girl of his dreams.”, Brian said through the mic before he walked off the stage.

Stephen fixed his position up on the stool before strumming an intro to a song. suddenly, I recognized the song. it was Miss Magazine by Romance On A Rocketship.

Hey hey, beauty queen
The cutest thing I've ever seen
You are unmistakable
I wish my heart wasn't breakable

You could never be alone
You've got my song in your headphones
You've got me on the edge of my seat
I've got your song on repeat


My mouth hung open a bit and Dana nudged me on the ribs. Stephen’s eyes would flickered to me occasionally. It felt like all the noise went down the drain. All I could hear in my ears was his voice.

Hey hey, Miss Magazine
Come sit here next to me
You take my breath away
I hope I make you feel the same

Under these plastic stars
You stuck up on your ceiling
I hear your heart beating fast
I can't shake this feeling

You've got a way of making me
Feel like a little kid lost in the city
I saw your face on a picture screen
Your eyes were glowing, if you know what I mean


My legs were shaking and Vance told me that I had to record something for KISS, and when he led me to the studio, I kept looking back past my shoulder to Stephen, who was still singing on stage.

He smiled a little and when I walked into another room, I sighed and looked up front. When I was already in front of the radio’s mic, they gave me a script for it.

“Hey, this is Ally Smith from New York Suicide and you’re listening to KISS FM, and I wanted to say Stephen Gomez, you got my heart on lock.”

I handed the microphone to the woman and walked out from the studio, finding Stephen was talking to his bandmates. It was now our time to go on and I gave Stephen a wink before going on stage.

Dana and I did two of our songs and I whispered to her that I wanna do a cover. She nodded and started the intro to Hey Stephen by Taylor Swift.

“So, I want to sing this song to the guy who just got my heart on lock.”, I smiled teasingly before singing the first sentence.

Yeah
Hey Stephen, I know looks can be decievin'
But I know I saw a light in you
And as we walked we were talking
I didn't say half the things I wanted to
Of all the girls tossin' rocks at your window
I'll be the one waitin' there even when it's cold
Hey Stephen boy, you might have me believing that I don't always have to be alone


My eyes peeked from the corner to Stephen, who was standing on the side of the stage. He looked like he was taken off guard when I sang that song, but a moment later, his lips formed into a wide smile.

'Cause I can't help it if you look like an angel
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain, so...
Come feel this magic I've been feelin' since I met you
Can't help it if there's no one else
Mmmm....
I can't help myself
Mmmmm........
Mmmmm........

Hey Stephen, I've been hlding back this feelin'
So I've got some things to say to you
I'd seen it all so I thought that I'd never see nobody shine the way you do

The way you walk
The way you talk
The way you say my name
It's beautiful, wonderful, don't you ever change


My eyes wandered to the side of the stage, the first thing I saw was Stephen, smiling widely, but then, I saw John, standing next to his brother. He looked broken, hurt, and all I could see in his eyes was agony.

'Cause I can't help it if you look like an angel
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain, so...
Come feel this magic I've been feelin' since I met you
Can't help it if there's no one else
Mmmm....
I can't help myself
Mmmmmm......
Mmmmmm......

They're dimming the street lights you're perfect for me
Why aren't you here tonight?
I'm waitin' alone out
So come on and come out and pull me near
And shine, shine, shine...

Hey Stephen I could give you
fifty reasons why I should be the one you choose
Oh all those other girls...
Well, their beautiful, but would they write a song for you?


I took another look to the side of the stage and John was nowhere to be seen, but Stephen didn’t even notice about his brother’s missing presence. His eyes were only locked on me.

I can't help it if you look like an angel
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain, so...
Come feel this magic I've been feelin' since I met you
Can't help it if there's no one else
Mmmm....
I can't help myself
If you look like an angel
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain, so...
Come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you
Can't help it if there's no one else
Mmmm....
I can't help myself


Dana finished the guitar and the crowd screamed in return. I rushed off the stage and ran out from the studio. John was leaning onto a tree, near the lake. He was throwing some pebbles onto the water. He didn’t even notice me, walking towards him.

“John.”, I said and placed my hand on his shoulder, but he shook it off. “Can you please listen to me?”

He kept his back on me and with his arms crossed. I sighed. I knew he wouldn’t face me but I still knew that he could hear me. “John, I’m sorry. Maybe you thought I won’t fall for your brother and honestly, it’s hard not to.”

“You still fall for him even thought you know that he would play you.”

“People change, John.”, I said through my teeth. “Maybe you should give him a chance.”

Finally, he turned around and faced me. his eyes were a bit red and wet. Guilt stormed inside my mind. “John…”, I wanted to take his hand but he snatched it quickly.

“Just don’t come crying to me when you know the truth.”, he said with venom dripped down his every word. He walked away and just left me there. Tears wanted to form in the corner of my eyes.

Suddenly, someone’s cool hand caressed the back of my neck. I turned around and greeted by Stephen’s smile. When he saw my tears, his smile fell. “What happened?”, he asked quickly as he wiped my tears with his thumb.

“J-John.”, I stuttered. “He hates me for falling for you.”

Stephen’s jaw hardened and he pulled me into his arms. I broke down and he supported my weight since I almost slid down to the ground. He took me to the lake’s shore and we sat down on the sand.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and just listened to my crying. When I calmed down, I leaned my head on his shoulder. “He’ll come to his senses. He just needs some time to accept us.”

“I hate it when someone’s mad at me.”

Stephen cupped my chin with his fingers and then leaned down, pressing his lips on mine. When our lips touched, it felt like the worry I had five minutes ago were gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
is this suck? well,it's not over yet;D