Status: In the makings...

Are You Scared Yet?

Dix-Neuf.

“What a spectacular selection, Miss Marie,” Keith commented as I walked out of the dressing room in a Lolita style dress with a two-layered skirt. The underskirt was a bit off an off white with tiers of ruffles, and over that was the upper layer, a dark maroon-ish color – darker than my maroon hair – with a few of its own ruffles and a bow to the side. I wobbled a bit in the chunky black shoes, a bit of their own ruffles on them. Just for the record, I didn’t choose the shoes, the stupid clerk lady did.

At least I found one that I looked decent in; the past dresses looked as if I was a bunny, a whore, or a child. It seemed as if everything I had tried on was horrible up until this one. Oh, how glad I was for this to almost be over. I was never one for dresses or shopping in general, but Keith assured me it was for some sort of vampire ceremony that dealt with the ‘heroine’ – a.k.a. me, a.k.a. the one who most likely bit off way more than I could swallow – and not for his amusement or my torturing purposes.

“Thanks, Keith,” I said, my cheeks heating up slightly as I tugged at the end of the dress. It looked gorgeous on the hanger, but on me, I wasn’t so sure. I cringed slightly as the clerk came over to look.

“Oh! How lovely! You’re look beautiful, deary, I think I have some accessories over here that would go perfect with that!” She exclaimed and before I could really do anything, I was dragged over. I felt like a rag doll, and that, my friends, is something no one person would love to be. I felt as if I was tearing at the seams.

I sent Keith a pleading look, who just chuckled as he walked over. “I believe once Miss Marie changes, we’ll be ready to go,” he said to the lady, who frowned slightly, a small grin making its way onto my face. I may have walked a little too fast to the dressing room in the horrid shoes – note to self, beg Keith or whoever to let me wear my Converse, who cares if they’re in the worst shape ever?

I changed quickly back into my clothes, holding the dress and shoes carefully draped over my one arm. I walked up to the check out where Keith was standing and set the dresses down. I felt bad for Keith having to pay for everything, but I figured there was no use in arguing, I’d lose in the end anyway.

[x]

“Thank you Keith,” I smiled at the guy, giving him a small hug as I climbed out of the car, holding the dress. I started to walk to the place when he stopped me.

“No, no, Brendan can’t see the dress; I’ll take care of it and put it in the jet.” I was just about to ask about the jet – which I hadn’t known they had one, though I should’ve expected it – when Brendan came running out and over to us.

“Marie! Oh! Can I see the dress?” He asked like a small child, hugging me tightly – almost a bit too tightly – before going over to Keith who was now holding my dress and shoes – I had asked him about the shoe thing and he just said ‘We’ll see, Miss Marie’ which made me frown slightly like that phrase always did.

“No, sir, you’ll see Miss Marie in it during the ceremony.” Brendan made a small face.

“I can see a dress is more important than I am,” I faked a frown, crossing my arms over my chest. In mere weeks of being close to this guy – or should I say vampire prince? – I’ve noticed I’m not much of a bitch anymore, still a bit of a recluse, but not as much.

“No, no, no, no, no! A dress is nothing compared to you,” Brendan exclaimed, I could tell he hadn’t gotten the message that I was faking it because he seriously looked a little worried or ashamed.

“Chill, I was kidding, Brendan.” His name rolled off my tongue like it usually did: sweetly. I find that I like saying his name, and sometimes, I’d say it just to hear it. I smiled, and after a moment, wrapping my arms around him, and him in return wrapping his arms around me.

It seemed like forever that we just stood like that, but it was really only a few minutes, as Keith called to us, telling us we needed to be going or they’d leave the jet without us. That’s a silly thought though, what pilot would leave without the owners and all? Impossible.

Soon enough we were all seated on the jet, me gripping Brendan’s hand seeing as this was my first time flying at all. He just smiled sweetly at me before letting go of my hand. I was about to protest that when his arm wrapped around me, pulling me close to him. I smiled, leaning on him slightly.

The next thing I was aware of was lying down on the couch with him, closing my eyes as I drifted off.
♠ ♠ ♠
In case you're wondering, this is Marie's dress. (:
Comments are God. Just saying. So we deserve more, yeah?