Highschool 101

Leave Knight

“Come on, I want to introduce you to some people,” Justin said to Kinsey over the blaring music at the party. She nodded and subconsciously moved closer to him, squeezing his hand harder. He squeezed hers back encouragingly and pulled her through the crowd, over to his group of friends. He smiled and wrapped his arm around her waist.

“Guys this is Kinsey. Kinsey, this is Nick, Kevin, Joe, Demi, Selena, Danielle, Taylor, Ashley, Zac, Vanessa, and you already know T.C.,” Kinsey smiled at them.

“Hi guys,” they all replied and then they fell into easy conversation. Kinsey instantly hit it off with the girls.

“Oh, I love this song!” she gushed when Ke$ha’s song, Take It Off, blared through the speakers. Justin nudged her.

“Wanna dance?” she nodded and they walked to the middle of the dance floor. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him. They swayed together, dancing like regular high school students.

“There’s a place down town where the freaks all come around,” she sang softly, moving her hips with the beat. Justin’s eyes widened slightly.

“Your voice is beautiful,” she blushed.

“Thanks,” he smiled and opened his mouth to respond but he was cut off.

“Justy!” Justin closed his eyes and turned around, pulling Kinsey beside him.

“Uh, Miley… hi!” he said. She glared at Kinsey.

“Justin, sweetie, you said you weren’t coming tonight!” Kinsey tensed.

“I'll let you two talk…” she murmured, walking off. Justin called after her but she ignored him. He sighed and turned back to Miley.

“Who is she?” she snapped. He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

“She’s a girl that I like…” she scoffed.

“What about me?” he raised his eyebrows.

“What about you? Nothing was going on between us,” she rolled her eyes.

“Just tell your temporary girlfriend to watch her back,” Justin’s eyes darkened.

“You won’t touch her,” he growled. She smirked.

“We’ll see,” she turned and pranced off, leaving Justin standing there tense. He took deep breaths before walking off, looking for Kinsey. He found her standing against a tree, watching the party. He walked over and smiled softly at her.

“Hi,” he whispered. She looked at him once before looking back at everyone else.

“Why aren’t you with your girlfriend?” his eyebrows raised.

“Cause I don’t have a girlfriend. But there’s a girl that I want to be my girlfriend,” she looked at him with her blue eyes shining.

“Then why don’t you go find her? She looked mad when she saw you with me,” he smiled.

“I'm already with her,” her eyes widened.

“What?” he nodded and reached forward, grabbing her hand.

“Yeah. Kinsey, I know it’s only been a day, but I already really like you. So will you be my girlfriend?” she blushed and nodded.

“Yeah,” he smiled and wrapped her in a hug. They stood that way for a few minutes, swaying to the music coming from behind us. He pulled back and looked into her eyes, moving her bangs out of her face.

“I need you to promise me something,” she nodded.

“Sure,” he sighed.

“Tell me if Miley does anything to you, OK?” she nodded.

“OK,” he smiled and started leaning forward to kiss her.

“Knight’s alert!” someone yelled. Justin pulled away from Kinsey, groaning.

“I have to go take care of this. You want to come with me?” she nodded and he pulled her through the crowd that had gathered at the backdoor, pushing himself to the front. He glared at Sterling Knight, Taylor Swift, and Tony Oller.

“What are you doing here? This is Warrior territory!” Justin growled. Sterling smirked when he saw Kinsey grabbing onto Justin’s arm tightly.

“Came to check out the party. That’s a nice piece of meat you got Bieber. You tapped her yet?” Justin tensed with anger.

“Don’t you dare talk about her like that!” Justin made to lunge for him but he was held back by strong hands. He turned and saw a furious Taylor holding on to him. Justin stepped back and held Kinsey tight, feeling her shaking and not knowing why.

“Leave Knight. And don’t come back!” Taylor threatened. Sterling smirked again.

“Only for you Lautner. See you on the field,” Taylor Swift looked at Taylor and smiled, motioning the ‘call me’ sign at him. Taylor gagged and she walked off, following Sterling and Tony out the door. Pretty soon, everyone moved away from the door, leaving only the usual group standing there.

“I wonder what he was really doing here,” Zac said. Everyone shrugged except for Justin, who was still trying to get Kinsey to calm down.

“Kinsey, what’s wrong?” he whispered, trying to pull her face away from his chest. She just clung tighter to him.

“What’s going on?” Ashley asked him. He shrugged and winced when he felt Kinsey shake again.

“I don’t know…” T.C. stepped over.

“I just texted her sister. She told me to tell you to get her home as soon as you can,” Justin nodded.

“OK. Come on T.C., let’s go,” T.C. nodded and they said goodbye to everyone, walking away from the party.

The whole ride to Kinsey’s house was silent. She sat on Justin’s lap, holding on to him tightly. She finally stopped shaking but she wouldn’t talk.

Honestly, he was scared. And he has never been this scared before.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT!