Highschool 101

Calm Down

Justin's leg bounced up and down as he sat beside T.C. on Kinsey and Carmen's couch.

To say he was scared, was the understatement of the century.

After Kinsey freaked out at the party, she was immediately brought home, only to be taken upstairs by a frantic Carmen. They haven't been back since.

It had been half an hour.

"Dude, you need to calm down!" T.C. said, forcefully pushing Justin's leg. Justin sighed.

"I want to know what's wrong with her! What if I did something? What if she got scared when I started yelling at Sterling? What if-" Justin got cut off short when footsteps were heard behind them. At once, both boys turned to see Carmen standing there, a sad smile on her face.

"She's asleep," she spoke up. Justin breathed out.

"What happened?" Carmen bit her lip.

"Maybe you should wait for her to tell you..." Justin's eyes darkened.

"No! I think you should tell me now!" he growled. Carmen rolled her eyes, unfazed.

"Alright... Kinsey's only had one boyfriend in her life, besides you Justin. They were serious. One day, they were at the mall and the opposing team came up and started stuff with her boyfriend. The guys got into a big fight outside and Kinsey's boyfriend got stabbed. He didn't make it. Ever since then, whenever something like that happens, she freaks out," Justin was tense by the time Carmen got done talking.

"Wow, that's so... sad," T.C. spoke up finally. Carmen nodded.

"Yeah... Maybe you guys should go. School tomorrow," the boys agreed and left, one thought crossing Justin's mind the whole time; How could he help Kinsey get over this?