Highschool 101

Give Her Time

Carmen gasped and her heart fluttered.

“What?” T.C. nodded and looked away.

“Yeah, since the first day I saw you. There’s something about you… I'm attracted to it. I understand if you don’t feel the same way. If you don’t I just want us to stay best friends cause-“ Carmen cut off his ranting by kissing him quickly. She pulled away.

“I, uh… I have to go,” T.C. sat there, frozen. He watched her run off.

“I'm such an idiot!” he muttered to himself.

“Dude, we all know that,” Joe said, coming to sit beside him. T.C. glared at him.

“Shut up Joe. I'm not in the mood for any shit right now,” Joe’s eyes widened.

“Dude, I was just kidding…” he said softly. T.C. nodded.

“I know. Sorry man. I'm just upset,” Joe nodded.

“What happened? I saw Carmen run out,” he looked at his hands.

“I told her I liked her and she kissed me, then ran out. I just LET her go,” he threw himself back against the couch and closed his eyes.

“Just give her some time man,” T.C. nodded.

“Yeah, you’re right,”

“Kyle,” Carmen said into her phone.

“What’s up?” his deep voice responded, slightly out of breath.

“C-can I talk to you?” she stuttered. She heard rustling from his side, then him breath deeply.

“You found another guy and you want to be with him so you’re dumping my sorry ass,” he said. she could sense the smile in his voice, making her smile softly.

“You understand?” he laughed.

“Of course I do! I knew that me and you couldn’t last long being away from each other! I love you, but you need this guy. I can tell. I'll always be your best friend though,” she smiled.

“I love you too, Kyle. I'll call you later,” she hung up and put her phone back into her pocket. She looked back at the house that the party was being held. She took a deep breath, then walked inside.

What she saw, made her gasp.

“What the HELL?!