Uncompatible Love

Lifting of The Dark Veil

Ch: 11 : Lifting of the Dark Veil*start*

*Violet’s POV*

Wow! This woman did remind me of my mother, Esme. She was an amazing cook as well. Seems like she has lots of practice by the way these men eat. I was done eating and chanced a look at Jacob. He too was done eating, but made no haste to stand or at least stop stairing. Was there something wrong with me…OH NO! could he tell that I wasn’t what I appeared to be! I looked away, the blush I once had gone as a feeling of insecurity and panic took over me. I could never harm a human. Especially one with an angel like glow to them. He looked as if he was carved by angel’s out of the redwood trees that adorned California.(XD tlk bout mushyXP) I simply did not have the heart to hurt him nonetheless KILL him. Never! I stood up to put away my plate, but a hand was placed on my shoulder.

-”I got it. Don’t worry. You our guest…actually Sam wanted to ask you a few things…..is that ok?” she asked slowly. Oh no! They did know! What do I do?! I could either take the cowardly way out or stay and receive what was inevitable. I could not go with option 3 which was to eliminate them. I refuse to break my record of not harming, not ONE, human being…I refuse. I nodded my head. As this Sam fellow led the way towards the couch. He motioned for me to sit and I did. I noticed that Jacob quickly stood up and was at Sam’s left hand side. The others tried to make it seem as if they were not interested with what was about to unfold in the living room. I however, saw through that façade.

-”Do you mind telling us why you were in the forest so late? I understand that you ran away and everything, but you could have been injured far WORSE than the condition that your currently in.” he started with genuine curiosity. Maybe that was it…just curiosity. Well I should know very well about curiosity killing the cat. I could be the best example there is to find! Nonetheless I shall answer them.

-”I don’t know to be honest. I resided in………California.” I instantly decided looking at Jacob’s face again.(redwood trees ppl) “ I loved the wild life and figured if I kept walking I’d get to somewhere safe.” Not completely a lie right?

-”So you went into the forest? At practicly 1 Am?” He asked as he raised his eyebrow. Wow that’s how late it was…could have sworn it was much more earlier. Well when you’re a vampire you get used to not keeping track of time…what’s the point. We don’t sleep eat. SHIT WE DON’T DIE!

-”I know… but I always felt secured with nature…the trees, birds…bears…”

-”Oh my!” stated Paul who was hit in the head and shushed by Embry. I herd him mutter idiot.(lions, tigers bears..oh my…get itXp sorry)

-”Oh..and uh…I don’t know I loved animals………I herd La Push had wolves and wanted to check it out…it was mere coincidence that I actually made it.” The boys all got quieter when I said wolves. I guess the natives here are very protective of their tribal symbal.

-”Wolves? You came here to see wolves?! Shit I’ll show ya a wolf just give me a sec and…OW…WHAT THE HELL?!” Paul was hit yet again. Now all the boys glared at him…”Oh my bad….sorry” Sam continue to give him a hard stare and it was like he took the hint to leave. “Fine I’m going…but lover boy and the other’s come too” Sam nodded and looked to Jacob who was shaking and gritting his teeth as he stared at Paul.

-”Just for now Jacob…don’t worry nothing will happen” he didn’t budge and Sam turned to me. “Excuse me for a minute.” I nodded as he stood up and waited at the door way for a hesitant Jacob. He stared at me one more time and I looked down again. This was my fault they were fighting. I didn’t need to be super human to see that. Emily smiled as she made her way towards me.

-”I’m sorry.” I whispered my head still down. She picked it up as she moved my sticky bangs from my forehead.

-”You had a fever before. I think you should take a warm shower cause now you feel a little cold…but why on Earth would you be sorry…you didn’t intend to get hurt?” She asked herself more than me.

-”For intruding. I should just leave….please please please don’t send me to the officials….I know I’m just sixteen but…” I was hystrical now as tears were gathering in my eyes. I had made a fool of myself with that stunt I pulled. Disgraced myself…maybe I had acted a bit rational as Jenevive had said. But what could I do. I was done living like some immature child, Damn IT! I need to see if I can make it on my own…I’ll never know if I don’t try…

-”Shh..no don’t worry. We won’t everyone has their secrets…….besides I think you’ll fit in just fine here…who know’s…you might find someone worth staying here for.” she giggled at that. Was this some kind of inside joke or something…cause I didn’t see the humor in this. “ Now about that shower. Go upstairs and I’ll get you some clothes ok…I think the boys will take a while.” I giggled boys? More like Men! “What’s so funny…I want to laugh to.” she said with a tender smile.

-”They look more like 25 year olds to me…although I know how it feels to be judged by appearance. Things can turn out completely different.” She smiled. She must have thought I meant my age…by was she wrong.

-”They are boys…Jacob, Embry, and Quil are also 16...Seth is the youngest at 15” My mouth fell open. Where they on steroids. Those….BOYS…were huge. “Jared’s 17 and Paul just turned 18(to me it seems that way so sorry if you think differently)…Sam is 22...Leah…the girl that left once you woke up is 21...I’m also 22...like Sam. He’s my fiance.” I nodded. “And your right…appearances can be deceiving” she said as she giggled …again…was there something I’m missing here? “Now go.” I did as told. I felt……at home here…This woman reminded me of my mother…her kindness….my real mother. As the water pelted down on my bruised skin I remembered her again.

*Flashback to when Violette is actually 15...Edward’s 16 (he’s still human obviously)*

Carlisle had given me the big thumbs up at meeting my mother. I wondered how that would go…’Hello believe it or not I’m the little girl you left thinking she had been born dead…it’s a pleasure to finally meat you after 15 years, Mrs….’That was the thing. I didn’t know her name. I just remember her scent and appearance….but like I said…that was 14 years ago. I had also found her a while back, but Carlisle was still testing me after that other vampire took me in. He died of course. The Volturi herd of me and thinking I was a forbidden child killed him. I was able to hid and took the appearance of a normal human amongst the crowds. It managed to work and soon I grew rapidly in almost 5 years I looked like a mature adolescent. Though I had to stay hidden because my mother would never believe it was me if I was suppose to be a 5 year old child. I also paid close attention to the little boy she constantly held. I held no anger towards him. I just thought he was very fortunate…being fully human. But back to the point. I was finally about to meet them. The little boy was now about the age of 16. One year older than me making him my elder brother. I still looked at him with respect even if we never had met. I knocked on the door as a man answered.

-”Yes?” he asked looking at me.

-”I beg your pardon sir…but is the mistress of this home here today?” I asked. He nodded and called back.

-”Elizabeth, dear…it’s for you.” Soon a beautiful woman came to the door.

-”Yes…how may I help you?” I smiled it was her…MY MOTHER! I hugged her as she slowly wrapped her arms around my petit torso. “Not that I don’t mind the greeting, but who are?” I released and looked at her as now the boy, Edward, and the other man looked at us. My smile did not falter one second as my heart felt like it was soaring. So this is what it felt like to be human.

*End*

I shut off the water as I smiled. They may not have the same appearence… but they had the same tender smile and heart. A tear ran down my eye as I closed my eyes and leaned against the wall continuing to remember…To remember actually being human. Not that I didn’t have a family with the Cullens…it’s just… it was a vampire family. Edward was right after all. I wanted to be human. I have never been fully human…so I took what feeling I could get from that time period…along my HUMAN mother’s side.

*Continue Flash back from where it left off*

-”What would you say if I told you today would be an interesting day?” I asked my…mother. It felt nice just thinking it…I could only imagine verbally calling her that…with her so near that it.

-”I’d say…I’m willing to listen to your tale…but tell me..what is you name?” I smiled.

-”Violette.” I answered simply.

-”Violette? Why that’s French are you not from here?” I nodded ‘yes’ “Why don’t you come inside…Dear, Edward we have a visitor.” She guided me forward as I looked at the two males. They both smiled at me. A tear slid down my eye. “What’s wrong dear?” she sounded worried. I smiled.

-”I’m happy...that’s all honest ma’am” She nodded. She led me to the living room. Where I told her about myself…unfortunately I had to lie…and I felt dirty and unworthy lieing to my mother. I told her that I was found by a woman who was incharge of an orphange. I was born a live..just that I did not move…I was asleep. That’s what I told her. The woman was in tears. The man looked skeptical as the boy looked shocked. I continued.

-”I know it’s hard to belive but the woman that took me in had few records of the births that took place that day…after checking in with everyone else……you’re the last one…” I trailed off…that wasn’t a half bad lie. I thought both scolding myself and congratulating myself.

-”She does resemble you mother. Same hair, eyes, skin…”

-”I know…...I believe her” The man looked at her as they both smiled.

-”In that case welcome to the family Violette.” said the man. I smiled.

-”My daughter…” said the woman as she wiped her eyes. She brought me into a tight embrace.

-”Mother…” I said as I smiled as my tears soon danced down my face. From there I was not just plain Violette…an incomplete name. A dark soul waiting to be lighted…..no. I was now Violette Elizabeth Masson.

*end*

I stepped out of the shower as I wrapped a towel around myself. That was the day they had adopted their daughter officially. Thus explains the name change. I told her I wanted to also be named after her. She liked the idea. I soon fit right in and lost contact with Carlisle. That is…after the influenza took place. That day the dark soul dimmed. Edward continuing to live helped me some…but the death of my artificial human life put a dark veil over my whole being. I simply tried hiding it. I soon forgot about it as the Cullen family grew. Yet my brother made it clear I was no longer wanted. I shook my head as I headed out to see if Emil was there with the clothes like she said. I don’t know why, but the veil felt like it was being lifted….slowly but it’s better that nothing. I didn’t see her so I stepped outside and decided to check in her room. Although as I was walking I bumped into a warm chest. Instead of pulling away instantly, I felt safe there…at peace. Like there never existed a dark veil. I smiled. I rested my cheek against this person’s chest. All I thought was…I hope it isn’t Paul. My smile only grew.

*Jacob’s POV* ( When They meet eye to eye)

Wow! This girl was breath taking. She was beautiful. Gorgeous green eyes with specks of hazel and blue in them. Long lashes, plump pink lips that by the way took everything in me not to kiss. I saw her giggle then the food in my mouth slipped out. I know I was making a complete idiot out of myself in front of her but…I didn’t care. She was now my world, universe, gravity…my life itself. I knew I instantly fell in, love…no wrong. I knew then that I instantly IMPRINTED on this girl. Wow! I herd the guys groan and shout out something, but I didn’t care. I was too busy staring at her. I watched as she gracefully chewed her food. I felt weird watching her eat so I began to eat to. If any of the guys touch her……I’ll rip their throats out. Then it hit me. I needed to find that bloodsucker for putting her life in danger. It wasn’t just about Bella now…it was about…her…Violet. Soon she finished and the whole time I watched her. I couldn’t stop looking and admiring her beauty. The guys were right…she was hot, but knowing now what they thought about MY imprint angered me. She was MINE and only MINE.

Emily asked to talk to her as the others tried to hide the fact that they were eavesdropping. I just sat next to Sam and listened intently as she answered all the questions. I had learned some. Including that she loved wolves. That was good, it’d make telling her a lot easier. If I told her, which I would. Whenever she was ready I’d tell her. Everything. I just hope she likes wolves enough to want to BE with a werewolf. Although I was getting to know her during this…interrogation. Stupid Paul had to kill it with his big mouth and Sam through hints for him to leave. The idiot had to make us leave too. I clenched my teeth and glared daggers at him. Sam must have seen me shake and stood at the door waiting for me to follow. I was hesitant to leave Violet’s side. I knew Sam wanted to talk about her and this was just the excuse he was looking for. I looked Violet one more time and we made eye contact. Her eyes looked so sad. So pained. Who ever her stupid brother was was an idiot. I should find him and teach the moron a lesson. I stood up and followed Sam outside.

-”So did you imprint on her Jacob?” asked an eager Seth. I blushed. The Embry and Paul snickered.

-”Aw man! And you didn’t even want her at first. Damn it. She was soo hot too.” I growled at them. “She is! Shit! We’re giving you props bro!” This whole twin, speaking at the same time shit had to stop.

-”I’m happy for you Jake.” said Seth who smiled.

-”Yea man.” Jared and Quil patted my back. I looked at Sam who was thinking.

-”Sam?” He looked at me.

-”Jacob…she has to go.” he said solemnly.

-”B…but why…she’s MY imprint……Sam come on.” I would beg if I had to. I just found her. I couldn’t let her leave.

-”Jake……she has a home..”

-”You herd her…they don’t want her……I do. Look at Emily. It looks like she already got attached to her…Pleas Sam!” I was officially begging. The guys soon joined in agreeing with me.

-”Where is she going to stay Jacob……we need to go to the officials.”

-”No we wont” we turned to look at Emily.

-”Emily..” began Sam.

-”She’s taking a shower…don’t worry. And about that…we can’t turn her in Sam. Please I told her I wouldn’t. Besides Jake has two spare rooms. Don’t you Jake” I now LOVED Emily. I nodded quickly. “ See…I’m sure he wouldn’t mind…come Sam…it’s his imprint…what if it was me?” She hugged him. I knew he was going to give in. All the guys smiled in anticipation. We knew he was gonna cave…it was just a matter of…

-”Fine.” he sighed. She smiled and kissed him. “Go ask Billy Jacob” I nodded smiling like a fool.

-”Oh…wait Jake! On the couch I put some clothes. Would you mind giving them to Violet?” asked Emily.

-”I’ll do it!” shouted Embry, Paul and…Seth. I growled.

-”Oops my bad dude.” Said Embry rubbing the back of his neck.

-”Yea sorry…gotta get used to it…your lucky though” said Seth smiling I looked at Paul.

-”What?!…Fine…my bad.” he said sarcastically adding an eye role. I growled again. “Fine dude…I’m sorry” I could tell he meant it and nodded as I headed inside.

I made my way up the stairs when I saw the clothes. I was on my way when I bumped into her. I looked down blushing like crazy when I saw she only had a towel wrapped around her. Damn it! Teenage hormones working up here! I thought as I could feel ‘something’. I thought she would have pulled away but she just rested her head on my chest. This felt right…real right….I slowly put my hands on her lightly trying to get a reaction out of her. She looked like she was enjoying it though. I smirked proud that she liked my body. Someone cleared their throats. We pulled apart and Violet turned bright red while I tried to hide my blush. Thank you dark skin.

-”Have you called your dad yet Jake?” asked Sam. I shook my head no.

-”I’ll get to it…I just came to give Violet the clothes.” I said turning around to hand them to her. She muttered ‘thank you’ and entered the bathroom. Sam shook his head as he headed downstairs.

-”What?!” I called after him

-”Forget it.” he called back up. I shrugged as I looked at the bathroom door smiling and going downstairs to ask Billy.