Uncompatible Love

The Wolves

Ch 13: The Wolves*start*

Had he just said Bella! Oh no! Oh no oh no oh no! Not Bella! She’ll tell Ed and…wait…how does he know Bella. I thought the only friends she had from here where…..Jake. Jake! Jacob! Stupid! Stupid ! Stupid! Of all the Jakes! Aww come on! The wolf. I had to like the wolf. So does that mean the others are wolves……..That explains the jokes, in side jokes…the hearing, all the mystery to them. What had I gotten myself into. I wanted to be CLOSE to the wolves. To feel protected as a human…but not THIS close. Great the poor prey just went into the lions den, well if you could really call me prey. And now Bella’s coming! Shit! I’m dead…I’m dead I’m dead…I’m soooo dead! Billy noticed me acting strange.

-”Is something wrong Violet?” I shook my head no.

-”No just…tired……my head hurts.” He nodded.

-”So Jake’s told me a lot about you?” I winced when he said Jake. Man I AM stupid! “I see you’ve gone through a lot……Jake has too you know?” I stopped my own thoughts to listen. Really…he looked like a happy go-lucky person.

-”Really how so?” I asked curiously. He sighed.

-”Some things are better left for him to tell you.” I knew he meant about Bella. Bella told me about how he felt towards her. That must have been who he was talking about on the phone when he called his dad. My heart twisted in agony and pain. I gripped it. It hurt a lot for some reason. I was questioning myself as to WHY it would. I only knew him for a day! ONE DAY! “Is something wrong Violet?” asked Billy worried. The others stopped to look at me.

-”Why_let ok?” asked Claire as she took my face in her itty bitty hands. I nodded wincing as the pain began to stop. Now my head REALLY hurt. I contemplated my options as I thought about what I could do to get out of this situation. I couldn’t fake faint or they would take me to the hospital sending me directly home. I couldn’t run……my heart wrenched at the thought. I couldn’t fight them. Again the pain in my heart. What to do?!

-”Hey kiddo…you ok?” asked Jared. I nodded.

-”Is it your head…when Jake gets back with Bella you could go home with them.” said Emily. This wasn’t helping. I nodded. I had no other choice. *sigh*

-”I just need some sleep.” I said in a whisper. Sam came up to me next to Emily who was kneeling in front of me.

-”So much for a welcoming party huh?” He asked me. I was confused. He took notice. “This was a welcoming party for you. We wanted you to meet a few people from this rez, but…you don’t look to good.” he said. The others instantly shouted.

-”Welcome to the Pack Violet!” The boys shouted along with Kim and little Claire. I winced. It was very kind of them but their booming voice hurt my head more. It also didn’t help when you’re their mortal enemy and they shout out ‘Pack’ *sigh*.

-”Fellas, settle down…Sam why don’t you take her to your place to rest. Meanwhile we can….discuss a few things.” he was careful with his choice of words around me. Either way Billy had saved me from a whole lot of trouble. “When Jake takes Bella back…we’ll make sure to stop by for her…no point in throwing this for her if she’s in pain…it was too early anyways as Jake said…” he said smiling at me. Early? Early for what? I shook it off as I was given a glass of water by Kim. I chugged it down. Sam nodded helping me stand.

-”Can you walk to the house?” he asked I nodded as I slightly swayed. Of all my years of ever walking as a human…that was THE most ungraceful maneuvering I had EVER done. I thought as I made my way over to the house.

That was one close call, but how many more will I be able to evade? How many more charades can I pull off? Soon we arrived. As soon as my head hit the sofa’s arm rest, I blacked out. Hello dark veil.*sigh* I was not used to handling so much stress as a human. My body wasn’t used to it so as a result, my body felt the need to MAKE me relax.

*Jacob’s POV*

Shit I had forgotten that I invited her. I could tell the guys weren’t happy that I left my imprint to go get Bella, but I promised. Besides, I wanted her to meet her. I was smiling the whole way to Bella’s, but not because I was going to see her, no. I kept seeing Violet’s blushing face and her giggling as her smooth hands passed over her lips to try and hide her pearly white teeth. Man…I sound like those guys from some cheesy romance story when a writer has too much time on her hands (XD…I actually dnt have enuf time thnk uXP). I drove up to the house and knocked. Charlie answered.

-”Hey Jake…… uh…Bella! Jake’s here!” he shouted upstairs. Bella slumped down the stairs. What was up with her? Come to think of it…where’s her bloodsucker?

-”Hey Jake.” she mumbled her greeting. I shrugged it off as leech trouble. I said bye to Charlie as Bells and me made our way into the rabbit.

-”So…where’s leech…I would have thought he would have dropped you off at the treaty line?” I asked her. She was quiet and serious. A tear slipped down her eye. I may no longer love her as much as I did Violet, but the love was still there and I had to help her feel better. I wiped the tear away and with a much more gentler voice asked, “hey….Hey what’s wrong….Bells?”

-”They can’t find her…and it’s my fault…” tears were running down her eyes.

-”Find who Bella?”

-”Remember the last time I came?” I nodded as I watched the road and listened. “Well my friend, Edward’s sister, Violette went missing……they got into a fight because she went behind Edward’s back to plan this…for me and you to meet that day.” she sniffled. “They’re worried because they can’t find her…it’s like the earth just swallowed her whole…Edward feels awful, Rosalie hates me more, Alice is constantly trying to read her future, Emmett isn’t as hyper, Jasper’s even more quiet if possible while Esme and Carlisle are depressed…on top of it they STILL want to throw me a graduation party!” she shouted as the water works came. I pulled to the side as I stayed there to soothe her. I could see the guys glaring as they saw me embrace Bella. I let her go.

-”Come on let’s go. I know what will cheer you up.” I told her smiling. “I imprinted…wanna me her?”

-”That’s g..great J..Jake.” she said smiling and stuttering because of the sobbing. I returned the smile however and waited for her to dry her eyes. I went and opened her door. The guys only further glared at me. What was up with them? I know they didn’t like Bella, but did they have to push it this far?

-”Hey guys! Bella’s here!” Bella murmured a hello as did everyone else. I went to get her a plate of food when Paul bumped his shoulder against mine causing me to drop the food. “What the hell man?!” I asked him harshly.

-”My bad…didn’t NOTICE you there Jake.” he said in a harsh whisper. The guys just looked away. Ok what was up with them? I noticed my dad shake his head. And Sam cleared his throat.

-”Bella…any news on that woman?” he asked. She shook her head as she ate.

-”I’m actually not suppose to be here right now…Edward will get mad..”

-”Then go..” I herd Paul mutter. I glared the others normally would have, but they were looking away like if they didn’t notice a thing.

-” You boys will just have to double patrols no Sam?” I choked on my chips as my dad said that.

-”Dad…Vi….” I looked around…where was she. That explains why he had said it like nothing.

-”What finally remembered your imprint Jake?” asked Embry. “Just didn’t want us to have her, huh?” he asked as he and Paul glared. The others just simply looked at me while Seth, and Bella looked down.

-”Where is she?” I asked them now panicked.

-”She’s at Sam’s Jake…she wasn’t feeling to well… I think it’s time we all head home…take Bella back and go pick her up after words…..we’ll talk later.” said my dad.

-”You won’t be patrolling for a while Jake.” I looked at Sam. “ Your job is to look after your imprint for now…got it?” I nodded, not that I mind anyways. He looked at Bella. “and ONLY…your imprint.” I glared, Bella took the hint to and shuffled a little uncomfortable.

-”Let’s go Bella” I said as I stared at Sam the whole time.

*Billy’s POV* (b4 jake got ther w/ Bella, but after he left to pick her up)

-”Sam” I called to the pack’s Alpha. He nodded towards me as he came back. “Don’t let Jake patrol for a while.” The others looked at me shocked.

-”How’s that fair! Moron leaves his imprint and he gets the days off! Shit! If he don’t want ‘er I’ll take ‘er!” shouted Paul.

-”Yea…first he begs to let her stay…then just leaves her when leech’s girl calls….girl’s been through enough as it looks…” jumped in Embry. I nodded and stopped Sam before he could scold the angered teenagers.

-”Your right.” I stated simply. Their mouths hung open. “That’s why he needs less patrolling.” I told them.

-”How so Billy?” asked Quil who was holding a fidgety Claire.

-”You want him to spend time with her, huh?” asked Seth. I smiled at him as soon the others understood.

-”We don’t exactly know why Jacob is acting distant with his imprint, but…I’ll speak with him…maybe things are different.” I told them. I may be mad at him, but I wanted to defend him. He was my boy after all. They nodded their heads and we began to pack things up a bit. Sue had come by but we told her what happened. Now all of us were left hungry with only chips to fill us up. Seems like Violet and Jake’s relationship just might spice things up for everyone else along with them. We soon saw Jacob’s Rabbit park. The boys growled and glared. I couldn’t see.

-”They're here.” stated Paul.

-”Thank you captain obvious.” said Jared. I tried my best to understand why they were glaring.

-”He’s fucking hugging her! Why I otta..”

-”Paul relax…it’s his imprint he’ll be hurting in the end.” said Sam. I herd car doors slam and soon Sam the two approaching. Jacob was smiling I guess it was as the others thought. Maybe he wasn’t completely devoted to his imprint. I’ll just have to have a serious talk with him.

*Jacob’s POV*

I dropped Bella off and headed back to the beach glaring the whole way there. What was up with them?! Why were they acting like that towards Bella?! And why the hell hadn’t they told me sooner about Violet?!?!?! My grip on the steering wheel tightened to the point where I had to control myself not to break it off! I got out of the car and saw that everyone was gone except Sam and Billy. *sigh* This was going to be a long night. All I wanted to do right now was go to Violet and hold her, but doubt it. No one said anything to each other as I put my dad in the car and the strapped the chair on top (we used to do dat w/ my uncles chair wen we’d drive in his smaller car.).

-”Bye Sam.”

-”Bye Billy.” Sam then ran to the forest to shift. The others were probably already patrolling. The car ride to Emily’s was also silent. I chanced a look at my dad and he looked to be deep in thought. What had I done this time? We arrived thee and I got out. I knocked on the door. Emily opened it and she looked like she about to go to bed. I was a bit skeptical to talk to her. What if she was mad at me too?

-”Hey Emily….uh…is she…here?” I asked hesitant. She nodded and opened the door as she yawned. How late was it? I shrugged it off. Then I saw Violet curled up on the sofa. I felt bad. I should have kept her warm. I scooped her up in my arms, but retreated. Shit forget keeping her warm. She was burning up. “How long she been like this?”

-”She said she was tired but then she started clutching her chest and hyperventilating…then she said she need to rest…so Billy suggested we bring her here…” She trailed off. I nodded. “Jake?” she called before I could fully pick Violet up. I nodded. “Don’t hurt her……she seems…..nice……special.” she said smiling. I was confused.

-”I’d NEVER hurt her Emily…trust me.” her smile widened. She nodded mumbling good night. I picked her up in my arms. I didn’t want to have her there to long or she would get worse. Even though inside I was soaring on cloud nine as I felt her smooth skin against my arms. I inhaled her scent and smiled. Strawberries…fresh picked. I got close to the car and opened it and laid her on the back seat, but before I did I kissed her forehead. We soon took off back to our…home…Our home…I like the sound of that.