Uncompatible Love

Devoted

Ch. 14: Devoted*Start*

*Jacob’s POV*

The car ride was very silent. My dad just looked straight ahead the whole time. Thankfully, though, we got home soon cause this whole cold shoulder crap is getting on my nerves. I parked the car and stepped out to get the wheelchair and helped Billy out. I pushed him into the house up the little wooden path to help him wheel himself up. He wheeled himself over to the kitchen and sat near the table…waiting.*sigh* I went back to the car to pick Violet up. At least her fever had gone down some. I looked her over and smiled at the peaceful look she had. She was beautiful in everyway. I took her inside the house.

-”Put her in Rebecca’s room.” I herd my dad call out.

I simply nodded and did what was told. I placed her on the bed and moved the comforter aside. I noticed she didn’t bring her bags. I’d just go get them later before she woke up. I didn’t think I’d be able to change her anyways…..yea I didn’t want to risk it. Instead I just took off her shoes and covered her up with the comforter and an extra blanket since it got pretty cold at night. I sat at the edge of the bed and stared at her for a while. The whole time I was smiling. Who knew it’d be this easy to find your imprint. Maybe it wasn’t as rare. I looked back at how hard I tried to gain Bella’s love. With Violet…I had a feeling things were going to just come naturally. I kissed her forehead goodnight and headed downstairs to see my dad now in the living room.

-”Sit.” My dad ordered pointing to the couch. I did. “Now…tell me what’s going on Jacob” he said sternly. Kinda reminded me of Sam when he acted like that.

-”That’s what I’d like to know.” I told him looking confused. “What was up with everyone……It’s not like I did something wrong.” I told him.

-”In a way…you did.” Ok now I was confused. “Those who had found their imprints already are mad at how easily you could put YOURS aside for another girl…” I was about to deny, but… “Let me finish……the others who didn’t are mad at the fact that they WANT to find their imprints…..Now….the question is….are you SURE you imprinted on the girl?” I was mad now.

-”What?! Of course I did I love her! I only went to Bella to keep my promise to her. I also wanted her to meet Violet! Their idiots if they’d think I’d hurt her. I don’t want Bella that way anymore….sure I still love her,…but not like I love Violet dad…” At first I was whispering harshly at my dad, but towards the last bit I fixed my tone showing I meant it. I saw Billy nod.

-”In that case……come give your old man a hug.” I smiled and he patted my back. “I’m happy for you Jake…….but this means you have to be completely devoted to her……you’ll also have to tell her the truth at some point…” I nodded sighing.

-”I know……I just……I want her to get used to me first…you know….to the pack and everyone…” he nodded.

-”Alright……you have a while until Sam lets you patrol again….I’ll clear things up with them deal?” he asked shoving his fists my way. I laughed and lightly hit his knuckles with my own.

-”Deal dad..” I said still slightly chuckling.

-”Good……now how bout tomorrow we do this……I’m tired.” He said as he began to roll himself up the ramp to the upstairs. (my uncle had that too instead of stairs^-^) “Night Jake!” he called.

-”SSHH! You’ll wake her…..” he chuckled and whispered my bad. “Night.” I called in a loud whisper.

I went into my room thinking about what I could do to make her feel at home. I just stared at the ceiling with my hands folded behind my head. I was smiling like a fool. I could just picture her smile. I would do ANYTHING to always see that smile. I’d do ANYTHING to keep her from harm……including those leeches. I was NOT going to compete for her love with another leech….not again anyways. With that I slowly drifted to sleep dreaming about her, goofy grin still plastered on my face.

*Violet’s POV*

I woke up to a light. It was the sun. The sun’s rays were shining through some slightly parted light blue curtains. I got up to stretch a little when I noticed something slide off my body. I looked and it was a blanket. I looked around and I was in a room. I guess this must be my new home. I looked around the room. The bed matched the curtains in color, while the walls was a slightly brighter shade of blue. Next to the bed was a night lamp sitting on a white drawer. There was another on the opposite side of the bed. I looked and it had a few pictures. I looked at them and saw a standing Billy and a woman with russet skin and Jacob’s deep brown eyes as they smiled at each other. This must be their mother. A tear slid down my eye as the word came into my thoughts. I shook it off and wiped the tear continuing to look at the pictures. The next one was on two girls that looked alike. They look like a female version of Jacob. I chuckled slightly. ‘They must be twins obviously, so this was one of their rooms’ I guessed. The next one made a big smile light up on my face. I picked up the picture frame delicately in my hands. It had a macaroni art frame…Inside was a picture of those to girls in the background with a little toothless Jacob in the middle. It was adorable. There were also lots of pictures of wolves around…drawings of animals mainly, but the most drawn was the wolf. I shivered. I’m not so sure if I’d fit here anymore.

I stood up and walked to the curtain. I was a little wobbly, but pinned it on the fact that I had slept for so long. My body would adjust. I peered outside and saw that there was a little garage hidden behind a few vines. I could see the forest behind it. How I longed for a little run.*sigh* I looked at the garage and noticed someone leaving in a car. It was a bug, a Rabbit (Vee had told me what exactly it was…but I forgot~_~’) I think. It looked old, but it was obvious someone had worked hard on it. I saw the car door open and Jacob had emerged. Where was he going? I saw him go and close the red door of the garage then enter the car again. He was no longer in my view. I just hoped he wasn’t going to see Bella. I wasn’t jealous, at least not completely. No I just didn’t want her to bring her. Doesn’t sound so nice does it? Like I said, it’s not jealousy, I just don’t want my secret out in the open I trusted Bella, I just wasn’t sure how the wolves would handle the fact that they are not only helping, but LIVING with a vampire. I closed the curtains. I walked into a door that was on the opposite wall. I entered and saw it was a walk in closet. It didn’t have much. Just old clothes, shoes and few board games. It was dusty in there so when I inhaled I sneezed causing the dust to travel around. That only caused a fit of sniffles. I tried to escape the dust by exiting the closet.

-”Atchu! Atchu! Atchu! ACHU ACHU ACHU!………AATTCCHUU!” didn’t work apparently.

-”Bless you.” I turned to the door smiling and shaking my head to clear myself of the dust.

-”Thank you!” I said happily to Billy. He smiled back at me.

-”So how do you like the room?”

-”Oh it’s quite lovely… I’m guessing this was your daughter’s room?” It was more of a question than a statement. He nodded.

-”Yes actually…Rebecca’s….she’s in Hawaii. I have twin daughters. Her and Rachelle who’s in college” He informed me I nodded.

-”Wow…twins…that must have been nice……did they ever argue?” I asked. He smiled.

-”All the time…but they always came around in the end…they are family and family is family…a little stubborn, but never anything too bad.” I nodded. My smile now gone. Billy noticed and felt bad. “Why don’t we go downstairs and I’ll make you something to eat…you must be after waking up so late.” I blushed.

-”Um…what time is it?” He smiled.

-”12.…” My eyes grew…I was always an early riser you know, ‘Rise with the Sun’, ‘The early bird gets the worm’…well yea….so much for breakfast.

-”In that case why don’t I cook us lunch…since breakfast is over?” I asked as I chuckled softly.

-”I don’t think that’s a good idea….your our guest and…”

-”Nonsense! It’s the least I could do for all your hospitality. This may be your home, but I’m just intruding…” he frowned.

-”Tell ya what….you can cook…but no more intruder business…this is now your home too, so get used to it…how bout it?” He asked smiling. I nodded smiling too. “great…I hope you won’t mind, but make enough for 6 people.”

-”Six?” I asked confused. “I thought it was just you, Jacob, and I?” He nodded.

-”Oh it is! It’s just that Jacob eats a lot…trust me…he should be back in a little bit…no worries.” I nodded….wow that just adds on to the proof that they ARE shape shifters. I followed Billy downstairs and he showed me into the kitchen. “Well I hope this is good enough, my kitchen is you kitchen….little small but….”

-”No…it’s perfect….cozy.” I said with a smile. “A cook should be able to cook in any environment as long as they have the tools right?” I asked with a smile. He smiled as well.

-”Well I suppose your right…” He wheeled himself over to the living room to watch some television. I looked around. It was a cozy kitchen. With a medium sized fridge and a large round table like at Emily’s that could sit 5 large boys at most. I went into the cup boards to see where everything was. They were filled with cans and junk food like chips, soda, cookies. Wow…I guess health isn’t a problem for these boys. Next I checked the fridge and looked inside. There was a bit of food. I found a few potatoes and took them out…I’d make mashed potatoes. Then I found chicken. Well now we have our dinner I guess. I closed the fridge and set aside everything I’d need to prepare a meal. I turned to pre heat the stove, but when I turned back around I nearly jumped. Billy was there.

-”Before I forget….I haven’t gone to the grocery store yet…and these boys eat a lot so….if there isn’t much you could wait for Jake to come back……but it’ll take a while…” He said.

-”Oh no it’s fine…I just hope you don’t mind mashed potatoes and chicken…” I said with a small chuckle. He patted his stomach.

-”Can’t wait.” He said as he rolled away. I began to cook.

Soon I was finished. I began to set up the plates on the table. I saw Jacob’s car pass to the back, most likely to put it in the garage. He came in with at least 7 bags in each arm…and that was because no more would fit. He came in through the kitchen door and I opened it for him. He smiled to me.

-”Hey…..your awake……Oh uh I brought you your clothes from Emily’s….they’re in the car I’ll go get them. I nodded smiling. He started walking backwards towards the door still smiling and then turned around. I still continued to smile. For once he was wearing a shirt…not like the hallway incident. I blushed as I remembered how his chest felt…his warm chest…. ‘Get a grip!’ I shouted in my head. I convinced myself that the only reason I liked it so much was because I was used to the cold temperature of vampires. ‘….yea…that’s it.’ I soon began to place food on each plate. I piled it up practically on Jake…I mean Jacob’s plate. I figured only his friends called him that. I was just a stranger living under his roof. I poured KoolAid in a cup for each and placed it next to each plate. Jacob came back with more bags. “Don’t worry…I haven’t seen inside the bags….Emily told me not to unless I planned on getting labeled as a perv.” He said trying to crack a joke. I chuckled.

-”Well she’s right……but I don’t think that of you…you seem like a great person……” I trailed off and we just stared there smiling at each other like a couple of idiots. ‘…Hmmm…a couple……No snap out of it’ “ Um…foods ready…Billy told me you would be hungry so I put a lot on your plate…tell me if you want more.” He frowned.

-”You shouldn’t be cooking……you were just sick….”

-”It’s fine Jake…me and her made a deal…right Violet?” asked me Billy. I smiled and nodded.

-”Right Billy…..Come on don’t want dinner getting cold now do we…” They soon sat around a plate. I hope they enjoy my meal. The whole time I would take a peek at them to see there reactions. Their eyes widened. “Oh no…you don’t like it do you?” I asked frowning.

-”No no…its….great….where’d you learn to cook….” I looked down. My mother had taught me…back then when I was around. She’d say she wanted to prepare so I’d be able to keep a husband who disserved me and I him. Jacob glared at his father. Then I looked up smiling.

-”My mother did….before she died…to be honest I hadn’t cooked since then….you’re the first I’ve cooked for in a looonngg time…” I said like it was nothing.

-”Well its real good…your mom must have been pretty good too then…must have been just as beautiful too….” said Jacob half smiling. I smiled too and blushed scarlet. Billy chuckled mumbling ‘cheesy’. I giggled and Jacob nudge him. That only made me laugh more.

-”See we should act like clowns more often Jake…I think she likes it.”

-”Well I’m acting I don’t know bout you dad.” said Jake sarcastically. I laughed again. Jake smiled my way. “Uh…so…how ya like the house Violet?”

-”Don’t worry I like it.” I said now my laughter drowned out into giggles. “It’s cute and cozy……I always wanted a house like this…near the woods with a big backyard and dog…” Billy burst out laughing and Jacob blushed. I didn’t get it. “Is that so funny?” I asked with a confused face. Billy dismissed it by waving his hands franticly trying to stop laughing.

-”No no….just a dog?….big dog I’m hoping? Small ones seem to girly…” Oh…now I get it… I blushed.

-”Yea……a big dog…you know if I ever find someone to settle down with….I’m sorry I’m blabbering again.” I said as I covered my face with my hands to try and cover my blush. Jacob also blushed and Billy laughed again. After Billy’s laughter died down Jacob tried to relieve the tension.

-”Uh…so…um Violet…I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today….I could give you a tour of La Push…introduce you to a few people…i..if..if you want course.” I smiled. He was cute when he stuttered. I nodded.

-”I’d love that Jacob.” He smiled as me and him stared into each others eyes. Billy soon distracted us though.

-”Ok you two…I think that’s enough mind talking no?” Said Billy. Jacob blushed and I just smiled trying to hide the sadness….Eddy… I got up to do the dishes. “Oh no you don’t Violet…you go take a shower and get ready for your date…I’ll do them.” I blushed at “date”. So did Jacob.

-”Dad…” I herd Jacob mumble. I nodded going upstairs to get ready.