Uncompatible Love

Not A Date!

Ch. 15: Not A Date!*start*

I was done taking a shower after a few minutes and wrapped a towel around myself. I was very excited. I really liked Jacob…so I hope I don’t blow this. Maybe I can get him to like me. That is…if the natural order of things doesn’t take place. I mean come on. You don’t see a cat going out with a dog….come to think of it you don’t see animals going “out out” now do you? ‘Oh great…I think I’m loosing my mind.’ I thought. I sighed shaking all thoughts out of my head. I wrapped a towel around myself and this time made absolutely sure no one was outside the door or blocking my path. I checked and double checked. Ok all clear. I walked over to the room I was sleeping in…I despite Jacob and Billy’s attempts, I still didn’t feel right calling it my room. Not yet at least. I entered and did the essentials. I wrapped the towel around my hair and headed to the bags I brought in before I went to shower.

I began to organize the clothing in an empty drawer and placed the shoes under the bed. I honestly did NOT want to enter the closet without getting rid of the dust soon. Maybe I could surprise the Blacks’ by cleaning the house spotless. I would do that actually. After I was done I began to look for something decent to wear. I looked outside.

‘No rain...’” I thought. There was no rain, but the clouds still heavily covered the sun shrouding the land in an artificial night almost. I decided on warm wear. I went back and sat at the edge of the bed as I picked out something to wear. I wanted to make a good impression. I really liked Jacob like I said. ‘Hmm…what would Alice choose for me……’ I was contemplating all my choices and pulled out some white jeans and a pale blue pair. I figured the white ones where a little too formal so I went with the dark blue ones. I slipped them on. Next a shirt. After examining two shirts over my body I decided on a plain yellow tank top with the combination of a warm powder blue sweater with yellow stars on the hoodie, sleeves and hem. I placed yellow earrings on that were shaped like little stars dangling from a silver crescent moon.(I actually have that out fit…it’s what I wore today…minus the heavy sweater...its sittin in my closet)I grabbed some yellow flats and looked into the vanity room Rebecca had in the room .I smiled at my appearance.

I went back into the bathroom and began to work on my hair and make-up. I was never one for make up so I just applied a little bit of lip gloss, eye liner, mascara, and yellow eye shadow to match(not much huh~_~’). I put on a decent amount. At least I wasn’t one to put on pounds 20 pounds of make up caked onto my face. I decided to leave my hair down so that it looked normal. I also didn’t want to look like I tried to hard. In the end I went with my hair down and had removed the make up so that only the lip gloss and liner remained. My eye lashed were already long so I just curled them. I thought I looked okay and went downstairs.

I smiled as I saw Jacob stare at me. His eyes lit up slightly, but he tried to hide it by coughing. He mumbled something incoherent and turned to me.

-”You look nice…ready to go?” I nodded looking around.

-”Where’s Billy?” I asked.

-”At Charlie’s…um they like to watch the game at his…flat screen….” I nodded. I just hopped Billy didn’t decide to bring a friend over…a friend who would recognize me. “So come on let’s go.”

That entire day Jacob presented me to multiple people. Some I had met at Emily’s house. I re-met Paul, Seth, Jared, Quil and Embry, who were apparently Jacob’s best friends, Sam and Emily. Later he took me to the home of a lady with the guys minus the engaged couple. We walked considering it wasn’t raining, yet. Jacob went on ranting about how many people he wanted me to meet and how I’d get along with them all because for some reason no one could resist me. I began to feel uncomfortable as he continued.

-”Jake…shut up will you…ignore him Violet…he’s just excited you’re here…” said Quil trailing off as Jacob pushed him. They began to mess around. I giggled.

-”I just know my mom will like you… everyone here does…your apart of our family now!” said Seth happily. I smiled.

-”Thank you Seth.” Jacob came next to him and smiled at him. He pulled me up the stairs as we neared a house. “Mom! Leah!” Shouted Seth into the house.

-”What do YOU guys want? And what’s SHE doing here?!” sneered a tall, tan girl. I shrunk in place. I looked around nervously trying not to look directly at her.

-”That’s not cool Leah….” I looked towards Jared as he scolded her. I looked towards Embry and Quil who were mumbling something towards Jacob. I looked at him and he glared at that Leah girl as he shook slightly. I grew nervous now. He soon stopped once the girl left the room with her nose held high. ‘Now I knew how Bella felt around Rose…sheesh.’ I thought to myself.

-”Don’t mind her boys…she’s just a little down…who might this be?” I looked towards the kitchen entrance and saw an elderly woman with short hair like the other girl. The resemblance was clear. This must be Seth’s mom. They had the same merry smile. I looked towards her.

-”Hey Sue.” I herd the boys call. “This is Violet…that…girl we…told you about…” said Seth as he jumped in. Jacob pushed me forward slightly as he smiled at me in encouragement. I smiled and looked at the woman.

-”Hello there honey….I’m Sue Clearwater…..Seth and Leah’s mother…I’ve herd a lot about you.” she said smiling and shaking my hand. I smiled as well.

-”Hello…I’m Violet…you have a beautiful garden. I noticed it was well kept before I entered the house.” I congratulated her as I remembered viewing beautiful daffodils, daisies, pansies and wild flowers outside. She smiled.

-”Why thank you….wow Jacob…you found quiet the pretty little thing. My eye bulged out as did Jacob’s. We looked at each other and blushed. The others laughed. “So what brings you boys over her besides that?” She asked.

-”Food….Emily’s out…gone shopping…so yea….” Said Paul Quil. Jared smacked Paul in the head as Embry did the same thing to Quil. I giggled.

-”What are you laughing at missy?” said Quil smiling at me.

-”Are you guys always this hungry?” I asked. They all smiled. Quil through his arm over my shoulder.

-”You betcha we are…get used to it doll.” I herd growling and his arm left it’s current location now being by his side.

-”You did NOT just call me doll” I said with a smirk.

-”Ooooo…whatcha gonna do short stuff…” encourage Paul. I smirked.

-”Nothing…yet…” They all laughed as Quil looked nervous. I had no idea what got over me to be less timid…but I liked it. I didn’t have to pull out fake smiles all the time her like back home.

-”Well you boys can help yourselves…I made pasta.” said Sue. “Please sit down…tell me about yourself..” she said motioning for me to sit down on the couch. I did and smiled at her. “Jacob aren’t you going to eat?” asked Sue as she looked up at him, confused. I was too. I had seen this boy’s appetite and wow was it large. What these boys ate was probably the equivalent to what a small army would consume.

-”No thanks to Sue….I think I’ll just sit here with you guys and listen in…” he said smiling at us. “If it’s ok that is?” He was mainly looking at me.

-”Of course dear….I can understand your natural curiosity for the girl……” I blushed as Jacob sat next to me. I looked at him and he smiled. “Don’t worry dear…the boy doesn’t bite….much” They both laughed….I guess the others herd because they began to laugh as well.

-”She’s right you know…I’d never hurt you…like Seth said, your family now.” I smiled. I could feel tears of happiness well up in my eyes. I looked down as my bangs created a shadow to shroud my eyes from viewers.

-”Thank you Jacob.” I whispered not looking up once. I felt a warm hand under my chin, as it slowly lifted my head to look into those shinning deep brown eyes that could peer into my soul.

-”No problem…and…call me Jake…all my friends call me Jake…that is…if it’s ok….so are we?” he asked. He still hadn’t moved his gaze nor his arm. I was in no hurry to do so. I soon snapped out of it and smiled nodding.

-”Yea…we’re friends….Jake.” He smiled at me. The other’s went “awww!” and I blushed again.

-”So dear….how are you liking things so far?”

-”I love it here…the scenery…the wild life…I kind of wish to venture into the forest…I would love to watch the sunset a top a cliff or….”

-”Cliff?!…You like cliffs……Hey Jake why not bring her over on Friday to the cliffs…I’m sure a little…initiative….is in order….don’t you guys?” asked Embry. The others nodded.

-”How bout it Violet…wanna go with me…to the cliff…I was actually gonna ask if you wanted to go watch a movie after that anyways sooo…” Jake trailed off. I smiled.

-”OOOO! A DATE JAKE?!” teased the boys. Jake blushed.

-”NO!… Not a date….not if you don’t want to I…I mean I get it-what I’m saying is-you know you don’t- Uhhh!” Shouted Jake aggravated. I laughed as he breathed in deeply. I giggled. “Ok…here goes….do you wanna go cliff diving with us?” I nodded. He smiled. “Would you-would you go on-no…would you go to the movies with me…” He was nervous.

-”As in…a date?” I asked smiling. Ok when I said Violette must have died literally at that moment because I was never confident with boys I liked. I would stutter and every time I tried to flirt I would end up looking like an inexperienced idiot.

-”Not if you don’t want to-I mean I know we burly know each other and…” I put my hand on his shoulder.

-”I’d love to.” I said smiling. “Maybe….we could….get to know each other as we go along…yes?” I aske he nodded grinning widely.

-”Sure, sure…I’d like that a lot.” Soon our moment was interrupted from the boys.

-”Sooo….still not a date Jake?” They all asked. He glared.

-”Ugh! I’m out of here…could you guys get any more annoying shit!” I saw that Leah girl get up as the mood darkened slightly. She slammed the door and for some reason got a sense that she did that often….déjà vu maybe?

-”*sigh* I’m sorry once again about Leah dear……If you’ll excuse me…” Sue got up and so did Seth as they followed Leah outside.

-”Ignore her…now…down to business” said Paul in a serious voice. Everyone looked at him funny. “Will you or will you not be wearing a two piece?” The others looked at him with an eye roll as I blushed and Jake through a cushion at him…”What?…What I’d do…just curious…shit….no need to be so…serious…” We erupted into a fit of laughter.

-”Wasn’t that what the joker said?” I asked.

-”Huh…oh yea!…my bad…” said Paul

-“Sooo…will you?” This time all the others smacked Quil as he asked Paul’s question. “Just Kidding…God!” He shouted covering his head. I was still laughing.

-”Ugh….we better get going….come on Vie….is it okay if I call you that?” asked Jacob.

-”Yea its’…kay…Jake.” I said smiling. All the guys went into a fit of ‘awws’

-”Heh heh…great...lets go…um…yea…the guys gotta get going soon…right?” The others soon grew serious and nodded. “We can head over to meet more locals if you want…”

-”I was wondering if we could take a walk in the forest.” I said hopeful. The others tensed.

-”Uhh…maybe another day……I’d have to…ask my….dad…you know” He said looking at the guys. I nodded. Sue came back inside as Jake stood up to go talk to the guys.

The whole time me and Sue talked about our lives. I was on the verge of tears by the end of it. She told me about her husband, and I about my parents….I felt sad I told her they were ill and died. Cancer. Yep that was what I said. I felt awful. Although I was surprised at how easy it was to talk to them. I was so open now.

*Jacob’s POV*

Vie talked about how she wanted to go into the forest. I tensed. She had gotten hurt once because of a bloodsucker. When she woke up she asked no questions and we figured she must not have seen the red head and blamed it on exhaustion. I we had never pushed it any further, me just being happy we got to her now. The guys saw me tense and I had to talk to them. I hadn’t been on patrol last night and I don’t think I will be this week. I have some…bonding to do, I guess. Not that I’m complaining.

Once me and the pack got upstairs, we began to talk as Sue distracted Violet. They were all on edge so I doubted this would be good news. They were all quiet as I waited for them to start…nothing. I sighed. I guess I would just have to ask. “So any one going to tell me how the forest is doing? Is there any trace of the bloodsucker that’s after Bella?” They rolled their eyes. I guess Billy still hadn’t talked to them. I think he was going to tell Sam and he’d take it from there. “I actually want to show Violet something and I don’t want to put her in danger you know?” They nodded as they eased up a little.

-”Well…we caught her scent near here again…along with another… we haven’t been able to find the scent of that one bloodsucker that went into Bella’s room, though? Said Embry. I nodded my head.

-”Yea, so I wouldn’t take her in there anytime soon…not unless you want VIE… to be chow” said Quil saying her name mockingly. The others laughed. I would have blushed, but growled at the thought of her becoming “chow” as Quil put it. They noticed my anger and stopped. “Easy Jake…just…steer clear of the forest…do you know when your aloud back? We could use another wolf…maybe get another hour of sleep at least…” said Quil.

-”What Sam has you guys doing more patrols?” They all scoffed.

-”No…but sence you left we each got an hour added to the time so that it makes up for YOUR patrol hours.” said Paul agitated.

-”Yea…which means less time for us and OUR imprints.” said Jared. Quil was the only one to agree. The others looked at them. “Oh…and sleep, course.” he said and the others quickly nodded mumbling ‘yea’

-”Sorry guys… I think it’s just for this week and that’s it…Billy’s going to talk to him to clear some things.” They nodded. The whole time they informed me about what had been going on in the pack that day I didn’t show. Nothing MUCH out of the ordinary.

We headed downstairs just as Seth and Leah came in. I glared at Leah. ‘If she even thinks about making Violet sad, I’ll make sure to make her feel her pain, Physically.’ I thought as I growled. Leah herd and glared right back. She just went upstairs to her room. I turned back to Violet who was smiling at me.

-”So…did you ask?” ‘ask what’ I thought. I guess she saw the confusion on my face. “You know…the forest….”

-”Uh…yea…he said the dangers said it’s not safe……”

-”Something bout bears….” jumped in Quil.

-”Bears! Really…oh come on Jake…please.” she gave me a puppy dog look and I was about to comply to her pleading…but thanks to the guys…

-”Sorry…Jake promises to take you some other time kay?” asked Embry. She pouted for a second, but nodded. I grinned.

-”So uh…lets go then.” I said.

-”Thanks for the talk Sue.” she said motioning to hug her.

-”Any time….. Stop by when ever you like..”

-”Oh she will…right Violet?” asked a happy Seth. I herd someone from upstairs scoff and the guys turned to look at each other. I guess Sue and Vie didn’t here Leah.

-”Yea…I will…thank you for the hospitality…good bye.” she said as they hugged once more. The guys said goodbye also. She hugged each of them and I stared as they hugged back. When she reached Paul he just smirked at me. The guys all smirked once they saw my reaction as I glared at him. If looks could kill, Paul would be one dead wolf.

In the car I tried to see what she talked about with Sue. They had been talking about the deaths in their lives. I saw she was sad. “You know I lost some one too once?”

-”Really…who? You seem so happy, I would have never thought.”

-”Nah, I get it…I figure why dwindle on the past…my mom died when I was a kid. Never had much time with her you know…I wish I could, but what’s the point of wishing on something that you know wont come true. My dad was always there though…I still miss her…I just don’t let it control my life ya know?” She looked at me in awe.

-”Your very strong Jake.” I smirked and she blushed. “Emotional wise….I could never do that…I’m sorry about your mother…”

*Violet’s POV*

I felt awful. During the ride, Jake asked if I wanted ice cream and agreed. That just gave us more time to talk and the subject brought tears to my eyes. The way he was so strong with the subject of his mother. I wanted to tell him my life story too. I would the best way I could. I wiped away a tear as he parked the car outside in the drive way this time. “I didn’t know my mother either.” I finally spoke for the first time since he began to talk. He stopped himself from exiting the door and sat back down to look at me.

-”Really…but you said they died a while ago.?” I nodded.

“They did…I never knew them actually……it wasn’t until my 14th birthday or so that I met her….I was an orphan…the doctor thought I was a still born…the surprise a medic had when he saw me” I said as I chuckled softly. His gaze never left my face as I continued. I could feel the tears again. “It was too late though…they…left…I guess you could say it took me 14 or 15 years to finally get the…courage… to meet them.” A tear slid down my cheek that was pressed against the car window. “I was happy…I felt happy…I had a family and I felt…normal…when they died…it wasn’t the same by my brothers side…or my foster family.” I said as more tears slid down my face. Jake wiped them off.

-”You seem pretty ok to me…beautiful, yes…but normal’ s overrated anyways…trust me.” He said as he gave me a small smile. We slowly began to lean in as the hand that was on my cheek began to rub the smooth surface. “Jake…”

-”Shhh…”

-”I burly know you…” I mumbled as we were less than an inch a part. If I slightly moved we’d lock lips. Oh how I wanted too. He let go sighing and pulled away. I closed my eyes as I placed my hand over my heart. I could feel my heart pounding against my rib cage in protest to the adrenaline running through my veins. Almost like when I’d run freely through the woods. I needed to hunt…and soon.

-”Your right…I’m sorry…can…we..you know, start over?” He asked as he sadly smiled. I nodded and shook it.

-”Yeah…” he opened the door and I opened mine. We headed to the front steps of the house. I called out to him. “Jake?”

-”Yea…” I leaned up to him as he took out his keys. I kissed his cheek as I saw this huge infectious grin spread across his face. I mimicked it. “Thank you.” I said as I entered the house to prepare lunch for us and Billy.