Uncompatible Love

Too Good To Be True

Ch. 17: Too Good To Be True *Start*

*Jacob’s POV*

I could feel my heart beating quickly as I rubbed the sun tan lotion on her back and I felt my fingers trembling in anticipation. Her skin was a little cold from the temperature of the water, but my body heat was quick to change that. I never knew imprinting could be hard. I mean I saw the way Sam did it. Sure the guy was a little traumatized from hurting Emily and everything, but overall he seemed like he enjoyed every minute. I did too and that’s the problem. It was so hard keeping everything a secret from her. Having to fight off my animal instincts to just mold my lips against hers, to tell her how I feel, to make her mine and no one else’s. I don’t know how Sam did it, but I don’t think I can last very long keeping up with this charade.

I began to wonder what our life would be like together. For her to be my wife, our kids. I turned red at that as my mind began to create crazy fantasies and such about our honeymoon. ‘Great adding onto the teenage hormones I also got animal instincts taking over.’ I was so focused on the feeling of her skin against the palm of my hands that I burly caught what she was saying. I had to practically force myself to listen. I grabbed the bottle of lotion and opened it too pour more in my hands. The little bit I already had was either smeared on her skin or it evaporated with my immense heat.

-”So we still on for the movies later on?” I was shocked. She actually wanted to know. I felt the stupid bottle in my hand pour too much lotion and it mate a stupid sound. I was pretty shocked, but happy at the same time.

-”Uh…What…I mean...yea, Yea we are!” I shouted excited. ‘Stupid stupid stupid. Why am I stuttering?!’ I scolded myself in my head. I heard her giggle and I quickly stopped almost melting at the sound. ‘So…beautiful…’

-”Ok then…um I think my back good….thank you” I herd her say. I don’t know why, but I had leaned into her slowly without her noticing. I saw her turn around. We were pretty close, so close that if I just….I began to lean in just a little. I could here her heart pounding. I wasn’t so sure if she was excited or scared or nervous. I just waited to see if she’d push me away. When she didn’t I began to lean in again slightly until my lips just burly teased hers. I closed my eyes at the feeling and it took everything in me not to just smoother her with intense fiery kisses. No, I was patient. I leaned in a little more and it was now more than a peck.

I began to get worried when she didn’t kiss back, but I felt her lower herself onto the towel and slowly push me down on her. Her lips felt like velvet against my own and even though I was shocked further more, I wasn’t sure if it was for the fact that she was kissing back, or that she was the one getting really into it. I didn’t mind though, boy did I not mind.

The kiss began to get hungrier as it grew harder for me to stay calm. I began to kiss her with a lot of intensity into it. I couldn’t hold back the low growl that escaped my throat when I felt her tongue glide over my bottom lip. I was getting excited fast and I mean fast. I could already feel the tent building in my pants. I wanted to be the one in charge, the dominant one. I forced my tongue into her mouth. I herd her moan when I massaged her tongue. The vibration being felt inside my mouth as well. I didn’t know what I was doing anymore. I was just letting my body do what it wanted. I let my instincts take over and it looked like it was doing a pretty good job at whatever it was doing.

-”Hey guys it’s time too…WOW!” She pushed me away startled. I was panting pretty damn hard and so was she. I looked towards her and she was pushing her hair back as her cheeks turned bright red. I was pretty damn pissed and disappointed. I reached over Vie and made my way for her bag. I grabbed it and put it on my lap. I didn’t need another reason for them to taunt me.

-”Getting frisky were we?” I looked up to see Quil. He was smirking and I would have growled. “It’s always the quiet ones isn’t it?” He asked mostly Violet. I glared at him. ”ha ha…easy Jake…I was just messing with her. Please…proceed..” He teased as he made his way to the others laughing. I could hear him telling the others as they all looked over here and laughed. I rolled my eyes.

I looked over to see Vie had her face in her hands shaking her head. I frowned did she not want to kiss me? I placed my hand on her shoulder. “Hey…hey there…he was just messing. Remember I told you. Quil’s just a clown ignore him.” I tried to soothe her. She got up and draped her towel over her shoulders.

-”I’m sorry.” I heard her mumble. I stood up too.

-’Sorry? For what? You..you didn’t do anything…it was my entire fault I was so stupid….” I told her. “Great going Jacob of course she don’t like you. Why would she like me anyways she too pretty and out of your league.*sigh*” I said unaware that I was thinking out loud. I heard her gasp. I looked to see if she was hurt. She was looking at me wide eyed. “I said that out loud didn’t I?” I asked. Still in her shocked state, she nodded her head. I sighed frustrated. “look I’m really really sorry I get it if you regret the kiss I’ll tell the guys to lay off and…” She shut me up with her lips. It was just a peck, but it got the job done. She had a tint of pink on her cheeks and a small smile.

-’You…you think I’m beautiful?” She asked. I nodded. She kissed my lips in a short sweet innocent kiss. “I think your beautiful too Jacob Black.” I smiled.

-”So…does this mean…. I mean I know it’s only been a few days, but I really like you and..” she shut me up again this time with her delicate finger as it grazed over my skin.

-”I can’t be your girlfriend..” I hung my head. ‘Figures’. “Because…..” My head snapped up, what was her excuse. “You haven’t asked me yet.” she said smiling. I did too.

-”Um…oh...well…Will you?….Be my girlfriend that it?” I asked. She nodded and took a hold of my large hand into her tiny porcelain hands.

-”I would love to Mr. Black.” She said smiling. I grinned and pecked her lips.

-”Hey love birds!” We turned to see the guys shouting at us. “Time to go! Emily called, she wants to see Violet!” shouted Paul. I looked at Vie and motioned to the guys with my head. She nodded. I guess she had gotten along well with Emily. We walked hand in hand towards my car.( A/N: Ok I’m not good w/ cars, but my cuz Vee is n she said that it’s a Volkswagen RABBIT…or something like that so yea that’s all proceed) We heard the guys run up next to us.

-”SO…you guys together, together?” asked Embry. I looked down at Vie she nodded happily. I smiled and nodded. I heard Paul, Seth and Embry mumble ‘lucky’ and I smirked. Quil patted my back mumbling ‘way to go!’ I grinned.

*Vie’s POV*

We were together. I was so ecstatic! Sure it was all a little rushed, but I couldn’t help it. All my life, out of all the years of being alive, I hadn’t really lived. Now I was and I was having an amazing time. Maybe all I needed in life was a gorgeous, teenage, shape shifting boyfriend. As for the age you know what they say, age is just a number, right? Anyways, in a way I am still 16. In appearance anyways. Besides Jacob could pull off being 20 and I heard that his kind doesn’t age either. Well not until they stop shifting. It didn’t matter though. None of our dark secrets mattered, for now at least. I would make the most of what little human life I could get. Edward went and got him a human girlfriend. He’s in love with his prey. So why couldn’t I go and get me a rival/boyfriend?

We made our way to Emily’s. The car ride was interesting enough. The boys squished and bickering in the back seat. While me and Jacob were stationed in the front of the vehicle holding hands. I was smiling the whole way and I would catch Jake staring at me. I would scold him saying to watch the road and we’d just smile at each other. I felt like I was glowing. Is this what the others felt like when they stood in the sun. To glow in a florescent rainbow of colors and scents. I loved the feeling I got when near him. It was like we were being drawn, pulled, towards each other.

When the ride ended I couldn’t help be a little disappointed when we had to let go. Jake got out of the car as the others made their way towards the cozy home. I was about to open my door when Jake beat me to it. I smiled as he took my hand again. This time he pulled me into him as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I smiled as he pecked my cheek one more time before he opened the door and gestured me in. I smiled. All the guys were grinning at us and Emily was smiling. It honestly looked like she was about to cry. She ran over to hug Jacob.

-”Oh Jake! I’m so happy for you!” She exclaimed. I smiled sweetly at her. She then came to me. “Aww! I told you, you would be at home here!” She told me I nodded. “You better make her happy mister…” she told Jacob . Jacob pulled me to his chest grinning and nodded.

-”Quit the mushy stuff…lets eat!” we looked towards Paul who groaned when Emily smacked his hand away from the food with a wooden spoon. I used my hand to cover my mouth hoping to prevent the giggle that wanted to escape.

-”It’s ok…Everyone laughs at Paul anyways..” Jake said as he pulled my hand away. “Besides…I like hearing your laugh.” he told me smiling. I returned it. I could feel glistening tears wanting to escape. Gosh what was this boy doing to me?!

-”Not yet Paul…wait for the others to go first.” said Emily. I saw Kim stand up I hadn’t noticed her. She walked up to Jared and they looked at each other with a great intensity. It almost matched that that Sam gave to Emily. I looked up to their relationship. They had a strong bond and an even stronger love for one another. Jared and Kim seemed to have that too. Kim walked to me next with Jared still holding onto her waist. She hugged me and I hugged back.

-”Hey Violet! Nice to see you again!” I smiled.

-”Nice to see you too Kim.” I told her. I saw Sue stand up too and wheel Billy to the kitchen. I smiled politely at the two and waved.

-”Why_let!!!” I saw little Claire run my way as she hopped out of Quil’s lap. I opened my arms and leaned down to catch her. “Wanna sit nex to me? Qwil too!” she shouted happily.

-”Nuh uh Claire. She’s gonna sit with me..” I looked to see that Jake leaned down slightly to our level. He was making this adorable puppy eyed face. Claire giggled.

-”Noooo….Me!” It was obvious she was teasing him. Jake pretended to cry. Claire reached over to move his hands and I handed her over to him. “No cwy Yake…no cwy ok?” I saw him nod continuing with the charade. I smiled. He was so good with children. “She sit wid you kay?”

-”How bout I sit next to both of you?” I asked her. She cheered and agreed. Jake put her down and she grabbed my hand as she ran over to get Quil. Jake chuckled and held onto my other hand.

-”Qwuil…wets goooo!” she told the happy teenager. He was just like a big brother to her, so gentle and caring I smiled at him.

-”Ok let’s go.” He said taking her hand. He smiled at me and Jake. ”Your really good with her.” He told me I grinned nodding. “You have any younger siblings.” In a sense yes, but not literally.

-”no…I just really like little kids. I never got to have an actual child hood so I like spending time with them. So small and adorable.” I said squealing. I felt Jake squeeze my hand. He “knew” about my past about how I was an “orphan” for a while and never had a family at Claire’s age. I didn’t lie to him, but I didn’t say the truth either. He knew a lot about me now, well, what I could tell him, and vise versa. I knew there were things he kept from me, like the whole werewolf thing. I didn’t know much about it to begin with so it was ok, it was just that the curiosity was driving me crazy and I wanted to be bold and ask questions.

It made me sad that I couldn’t be fully honest with him. He knew my favorite color, I knew his. I knew his favorite pass times, he knew mine. He even told me about Bella. I never knew the story the way he told it. He must have really loved her, but I felt no hate toward Bella, I knew how much she loved my brother. My brother I wonder what they were doing.

-”Violet! Violet?!”

-”Huh?” I asked as I saw the others waiting on me.

-”Could you pass me a napkin?” asked Kim. I nodded dumbfounded. I passed her what she asked for.

-”You ok?” Jake asked leaning in to whisper in my year. I nodded.

-”Fine…just thinking.” I said smiling. He smiled back.

After the meal everyone went to the living room to watch a bit of TV. Well the boys did. Embry, Seth, Leah, and Paul were watching sports. Claire and Quil where trying to play Uno, but no matter what he did Claire always won. It was amusing to watch from afar. Sam and Emily where just in the kitchen while Kim sat on Jared’s lap watching the TV and smiling at one another. Sue bid goodbye deciding to take Billy home too. I was leaning against the counter since there were no more seat available. I saw Jake wave me over I smiled and did. He patted his lap.

-“I don’t bite member?” I smiled as he chuckled. I sat on his lap and blushed. The others were staring and smiling at us. Jacob pulled me closer to his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist while I placed mine over his. He was nuzzling my shoulder and I smiled enjoying the feeling.

Everyone was pretty much just conversing amongst each other merrily. Me and Jake had even decided to play with little Claire and Quil. We, of course, lost but it was still fun to watch Claire shout out “Uno!” it was an adorable site. Jacob was sitting Indian style while he had one arm wrapped around my waist as I sat a little bit away. Just enough so that I wasn’t on him. We were playing yet another game.

-”I think I won you this time Claire.” I told her pretending. We giggled both giggled and she suddenly slammed her cards down.

-”Uno!” she shouted happily. I laughed and so did the others. I felt Jacob nuzzle his face into my shoulder. Gosh he was so affectionate. I liked that about him. We may have just started going out, but that’s what I liked about him. He made it seem like we knew each other forever and we’d been going out for years. I began to lean my head slightly on his returning the affection by nudging him with my head. He moved off when someone cleared their throat.

-”Jacob we need to talk outside.” We looked up to see Sam. Jacob’s face hardened and nodded. He pecked my cheek one more time while he stood.

-”I’ll be right back.” he told me I nodded. I turned to look at Sam. He caught me staring and I was worried something was wrong. Did he not want us together? My thoughts were washed away when I saw him give a reassuring smile. I returned it and continued to play with petit Claire and an enormous Quil.

*Jacob’s POV*

We were having such a blast. When Violet and Claire giggled me and Quil would look at them and smile. We both card deeply for our imprints and watching them like this made us happy too. I officially adore Claire more than I did before. She was helping make Violet feel right at home with the others too, not just me and my dad. I began to nuzzle my face into her shoulder. I did it out of affection and I hadn‘t really realized what I was doing until I felt her nudge back. I was happy she was okay with the whole PDA since I knew how shy she could be.

I heard someone clear their throats I knew it was Sam and pushed my head away from Vie. I looked up conforming my thoughts when I saw Sam. He said that he wanted to talk. I had a feeling I knew what about. My face hardened and I nodded. I didn’t want to leave Vie, we were having such a good time. Sam better not ruin my good day. Not that he could. I’m on cloud nine at the moment. I stood on my knees and kissed Violet on the cheek telling her I’d be back.

-”Jacob?” I nodded for him to continue. “Your father talked to me a while back. I hadn’t seen you for a while so I hadn’t had the chance to apologize. We, the pack and I, are sorry for mistaking your feeling for Bella and Violet.” I was shocked he was saying sorry.

-”It’s…o..kay…I guess.” I told him kind of confused. He smiled at me. He walked up to me and patted my back. Ok now I was really confused.

-”So….when are you going to tell her?” This really wasn’t helping either. “Violet, when are you going to tell her what you are?” he said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I made an “O” with my mouth now understanding. I shrugged a bit embarrassed. “From the looks of it seems that time isn’t an excuse anymore.” My cheeks got redder I shrugged his hand off of my shoulder.

-”I..wel…whatever!” I huffed. He laughed and I glared. “I’ll see.” He nodded.

-”Well your dad wants another bonfire…and that means…” aw shit the deal. I groaned and he laughed again. You made a deal with him, now you have to stand bye your word Jacob.” I was still groaning. He patted my back. “I think you should go home and think about what your going to say.” I muttered whatever as he led me back inside. Damn it! I wasn’t expecting that deal to come back and bite me in the ass!