Uncompatible Love

Graduation Day

Ch. 29: Graduation Day

I had no idea how long I had been asleep in that tub, but it had to have been a while. However, at what point I had fallen asleep I don’t know. I got up and could see my hands and feet and my skin were wrinkly and prune like. I was lucky enough I did not drown in the water as I slept. I guess that time I spent in my actual form, had tired me out more than I would have ever imagined. Although as I looked in the mirror, I couldn’t help but laugh at my reflection. You’d think, well what could be so funny as to make her laugh after going through what she did with her family? Well, the answer is simple. See as a vampire, or partial vampire, I could not age. So seeing my skin in the state that it was in, was quite hilarious. I pictured that this is somewhat what I would have looked like, if I had been allowed to age, like any normal mortal.

Unfortunately, that humor died down. I quickly changed as well as I could, given that I was still drowsy and tired, and then went to my room to check the time. I had guessed that I was asleep for about an hour, give or take a couple of minutes. After that I quickly made way back outside. I’d unfortunately have to walk all the way back to Port Angels, instead of going over to Emily’s. I could just hear Jacob now, whining, complaining and scolding me. Yet it was necessary that I go back. What explanation would I have for arriving by foot and Jacob’s car no where to be seen? I could always lie, no surprise there, and say that it had been stolen, but I didn’t have the heart. That car was Jacob’s pride and joy, he had told me so himself. He had built it with his own two hands and worked on it constantly. So, no other choice.

I stepped outside and felt a small wind. It was beginning to get late, and so I’d have to hurry. I just snuggled closer into my jacket and began the long walk to Port Angels. I had been quite busy during the walk, mostly getting rid of traitorous tears that slid down my cheeks. I had been too preoccupied by my thoughts, which all consisted of my family, to notice that someone had wrapped their arms around my waist. I saw brown hair, and it took me a while to register the words this person spoke. It was Bella. She was apologizing over and over, but for what, I wasn’t sure. I had enough of this.

-”What Bella?” I asked pulling her away. I was in no way here to listen to anything at the moment. I was still angry and as for talking to anyone with any particular relation to Edward. NO THANK YOU! Her eyes were bright red from crying and she had emotions of regret and sorrow consuming her. I fixed my harsh tone and corrected myself. “What’s wrong Bella?”

-”I’m…s…sorry! I…I told him! I…I know you must h…hate m…me!” she wailed. I looked around. No Edward? And I was in Forks too!

-”Bella….Bella..*sigh*” I couldn’t get her to stop the waterworks. I gripped onto her shoulders again. “Bella!” she stopped. “It’s. O. K.” I told her, slowly. “It’s not your fault. I, I did this to myself. It doesn’t matter anyways. I’m sure Edward is trying to figure out how to get to Jacob to tell him the truth. It doesn’t matter.” I wasn’t surprised I wasn’t there blubbering now. I took in a deep breath, to prevent myself from bursting into tears.

-”Oh Violet! I’m sorry.” she hugged me now. I couldn’t do this. “Maybe…maybe he won’t say anything, I mean…”

-”No Bella. He will. You didn’t see his face, his reactions. I can already see his future. Nothing. Which means that he’s with the wolves or something, because his future is blank. He’s going to tell him soon.” I told her. It was the truth. No matter how I tried to look at this, Edward’s future vanished, and that was the only reason why that would be. I knew he would confront the wolves soon, for one reason or another. SO why wouldn’t Edward grasp this opportunity to expose me to them?

-”Well why are y…you o…out here?” she asked, removing the remainder of her tears, clean from her face.

-”I…actually, maybe you could help me Bella.” she looked at me, confused. “First off, where’s Edward?”

-”He’s out hunting. He was…mad…when I got there Alice told me what happened.” she looked down away. I sighed.

-”Um…Bella, I need a ride to Port Angels. Can you take me?” she nodded, not bothering to ask me any questions. The ride was silent, dead silent besides the sound of the moving vehicle. Actually, Bella was in her own thoughts. Occasionally I would have to snap her out of it to get her to remember just exactly what she was doing at the moment and proceed to watching the road. Once we got there, I figured why not get her, her present now. I just made it seem like it was for me and was just getting a second opinion. In the end I, or we, decided on a pair of simple earrings.

-”Vioette?” she was trying to get my attention, but I refuse to turn while she calls me by that name. “Violette?” I heard her sigh and I think she understood. “Violet?” I turned to her.

-”Yes?” I asked her, like she had just burly been addressing me.

-”Why…is it such a big deal to Edward? That you love Jacob I mean. He had made a big deal when I would hang out with him too.” I clenched the small bag and felt my nails dig into my palms. I remembered his words. He thought Jacob was using me to get back at him for taking Bella. He was wrong. Dead wrong. He was. Yet, as I thought all of this through, it seemed to me that I was assuring myself that, then actually believing it was the truth.

-”He thinks Jacob’s just using me. I guess he just thinks I’m his tool.” I spat out, with so much venom, anger and hostility. As ridiculous as this may sound, it wasn’t in my nature to be so angry. I’m a naturally happy person, but I have my boundaries, which Edward had crossed. I had heard Bella gasp, but she never tried to consult me and tell me he was wrong. Could it be possible she thought that Edward was right? That Jacob was using me? No, no, no, no. I have to keep telling myself that. Remember. He told you he loves you. He worries for you. Yet that dream, or the way he spits out the word ‘leeches’…… maybe.

I saw Jacob’s RABBIT in view and turned to look at Bella. I couldn’t look at her eyes as she looked at the floor. She was deep in thought, and I wanted to know what she spoke off, but it took a lot out of me to look particularly into her head. I opened the car door and threw the small bag into the car, not really caring. I called to Bella a few times, trying to bid farewell, but she never once turned to look at me. Finally I just waved my hand in her face, which did the trick as she came crashing back to Earth. So to speak.

-”ugh! I’m sorry! Um…what happened?” I sighed.

-”Nothing Bella. I have to go. I’ll…see you tomorrow.” it had just dawned on me as now, I, stood there with my mouth open like an idiot.

-”Um…yea I guess. SO you are coming?” I nodded, now frowning. “I’m real sorry about this, but Jake was going to come anyways right? You might as well come with him.” I nodded, looking at the ground. I wiped away my tears that dripped down my face with my sleeve. Bella looked at me sympathetically and hugged me, apologizing once more as I stepped into the car.

I drove off, but not after making sure Bella was in her own car. I had followed her up to her home and then drove off at a quick speed. Too afraid to run into Edward this late at night and in this car. It wasn’t mine, so if Edward made a dent in it trying to stop me, I would have a hard time telling Jacob how I got that. Not that it would matter in a couple of hours. In twenty four hours or so, he would know the truth. Edward would tell him, and they’d all know. Actually from what I knew only he and I were going, oh and with the company of Quil and Embry. Both were being forced to go, since Sam didn’t trust them alone on Cullen territory. ‘Smart man,’ I thought sadly. I drove over to Emily’s and parked the car in the drive way. I got out and went over to the door, but it opened before I could even knock. There stood an impatient Jacob, leaning against the door frame, arms crossed. He stepped outside and closed the door, walking over to me.

-”What’s the point if you know their still going to hear us?” I told him, motioning to the nosey boys at the window, trying to conceal themselves with the curtains. I saw Emily shoo them away.

-”Fine. Come on.” he said motioning to the woods with his head. He put his arm on my back and lead me through the dense shrubs to a small clearing, away from earshot.

-”This wasn’t necessary. I was just simply telling you.” I told him, my voice was soft and sounded so fragile at the moment.

-”I thought you weren’t going to take long?” he asked. He was trying to put on a hard face, but he saw that I wasn’t in such a good mood. “What’s wrong huh? You’ve been acting weird all day.” ‘I was the one acting weird? Who had the weird dream?’ I wanted to blurt it out, but held my tongue. Instead I shrugged my shoulders and he sighed, I could see he was getting irritated. “Are you going to tell me what you meant at the house? About you keeping things from me.” he seemed so sad, but I knew I felt just as bad. Deep inside I was breaking, my heart was. I knew I’d be spending my last few minutes with him, so I should try to make them something to remember, not of us fighting and arguing.

-”Don’t worry, you’ll find out tomorrow. At Bella’s graduation.” I told him, looking down. I wiped a tear away. He came up to me.

-”What’s wrong? Did Bella do something?” he asked, scared and worried. I shook my head no. There went another tear. “Then what is it?!” he was getting nervous now.

-”It’s……me.” I told him. He was looking at me like if he was trying to read my facial expressions, maybe even see what I meant by all this confusing babbling of mine. “Your going to hate me, but….I don’t want you to” I was blubbering now.” he hugged me.

-”I can’t ever hate you, ok.” I shook my head no and he sighed, frustrated with me probably. “Look if it’s that bad or that important, why not just tell me now?” he asked, putting emphasis to the ‘now‘.

-”Because.” I said stubbornly, not giving him a decent answer. “I…I want to be with you longer.” I told him. He tensed.

-”Wait. Your leaving me?” he asked, sounding hurt and sad now, adding on to the other emotions he probably felt. If I was him I know I would feel confused, sad, hurt, betrayed, and maybe even angry, but he was too sweet to show that side of him. Around me anyways.

-”N…no… but you will.” I told him. He hugged me, then kissed the top of my head.

-”I won’t leave you. I can’t. We’re suppose to be together, remember? Imprinting? This is it. I imprinted on you because we’re perfect for each other.” I had heard this speech before, but what was the point. Was it possible for him to just imprint on my human side? I mean, because I knew he couldn’t have gone against his actual instincts and fallen in love with a vampire. He’s suppose to want to kill me and burn the pieces for heaven’s sake! Me? I’m suppose to find him revolting and hate him, like the other normal vampires! Then again, maybe that was it. I wasn’t normal.

-”Jake? Do you think I’m…normal?” I asked wiping a few tears.

-”I’m not normal, so who cares if you aren’t. Why? Do you want someone…normal?” he asked. I bet he thought this was all on him. It wasn’t. I just wish I could be the one to change. For him.

-”No! God, no! I love you the way you are. I just….I don’t think you’ll feel the same way about me, Jacob.” I sighed. I was just making matters worse and spending my last few moments with him arguing and making this harder for the both of us.

-”What? That’s ridiculous. Come on Violet. Tell me what this is really about.” I sighed. I guess I really did have to grow up. Face the truth, or was it music. Well what ever the saying was, you get the point. I guess I had to put up with it and hope for the best. One thing was for sure though, I may be living for an eternity, or maybe not, but I would certainly not be spending it in the viewing eyes of my brother for much longer. What ever the out come of Jacob finding out the truth, I have to vow that Edward Anthony Masson Cullen will have nothing to do with my life again. He always seems to view me with scolding eyes. Nothing I ever do is right and I will always be a child to him.

-”Jake. You’ll find out tomorrow. Just, can we do something today. Let’s just forget all of this and go inside and then make the most of the day. Ok? Please?” I begged with him. No literally begging to him. He looked broken as he bent down to my level and picked me up. He kissed me on my lips and pushed me up against a tree. This wasn’t what I meant when I said make the most of it, but I wasn’t going to mind what could be our last kiss. I took it. Jacob kissed me so hard, I began to get dizzy my vision got darker as I began to see black spots from the lack of oxygen. He finally pulled back and smiled softly at me.

-”Is that what you had in mind?” I smiled and pecked his lips.

-”I think your kisses are the best I’ve ever had Jake. I love you.” I’m sure going to miss the way he kissed me though. I hugged him again and held his hand, as he locked our fingers in place. WE smiled at each other as I pulled him along the way to Sam’s house. The moment we got on the porch we heard people scurrying around in the house and voices. Jake laughed. “What is it?” I asked him.

-”They were trying to listen, but I guess they didn’t know we had left into the forest.” he told me quietly. “But I guess those jackasses don’t know when to mind their own business!” he spoke louder and I could hear booming laughter erupting from within the house. Jacob shook his head and lead me inside the house.

All the boy’s greeted me warmly and we all sat around to watch t.v. Emily would ask if I was hungry, all the boys merrily accepted her offer, where as I had passed. Emily must have seen how strange I was acting, or how silent I was being because she called me over. She led me through the hall and we went into her room. She went into her closet looking for something. She must have found it because she pulled out a box. I would have rolled my eyes after seeing what they were. Chocolates.

-”Now don’t go telling the boys where I hide these, okay?” she giggled, and I did too. “I usually save these for a special occasion or it’s a girl’s night, but you seem pretty depressed.” she smiled sadly at me and walked up to me, chocolates in hand, and took a seat next to me on the bed. “They say chocolate can mend a broken heart. I say we test that theory. So how about it? What’s bothering you?” she opened the box and I ate one, sighing at first. As the delicious sweet hit my stomach I smiled. Maybe it was like medicine for the heart.

-”Thank you Emily.” I told her smiling. I would miss her after I had to leave. Then the frown came back at the thought. Emily took out to of the gold colored chocolates as she handed me one and removed the foil from hers. I did the same and we each ate our delicious chocolate. “Mmm.” When was the last time I had chocolate?

-”So, are you going to tell me, sweetheart or am I going to have to wait till we gain another ten pounds off of these chocolates” we both laughed.

-”Nothing’s wrong. I’m just really scared. You know about tomorrow.” she seemed confused.

-”Oh! Your afraid of being in a room full of vampires!” she concluded. OH how wrong she was.

-”Something like that Emily.” I told her, stuffing another sweet into my mouth.

-”Oh don’t worry! Jacob will be more than willing to protect you if it comes down to something. That’s why Embry and Quil are going anyways. As a precaution. Don’t worry Violet. You’ll see that everything will be ok, just try and have fun at the party.” I nodded, trying my hardest to smile.

-”Thanks Emily, you and the chocolates sure did the trick.” I wanted her to think I was feeling better, and it worked when she went to put the sweets away. We both stopped when we herd the floor boards creaking, signaling that one of the boys was heading this way.

-”Hey Violet. Ready to go?” I saw Jacob poke his head through the door. I nodded my head and hugged Emily goodbye.

-”Thank you Emily. I’ll see you around.” As I hugged everyone there, I took my time and made it worth while before leaving. Even with Leah and with her we usually just don’t mind each other, but I did anyways. We then headed back home to get ready for the next day.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*The Next Day*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

I woke up and felt arms around my waist, as I usually did. I turned around slowly and came face to face with Jacob’s sleeping form. I looked at the clock and the bright red numbers read 7:45. I sighed. I was usually the early bird, but I felt like staying in bed and just stay wrapped up in Jacob’s arms. I felt safe and secure like this, like nothing would get to us. I leaned up and kissed his forehead, making him stir just slightly. Once he stopped, I pecked his lips and just snuggled into him. I loved his scent because even without my heightened hearing, I could still smell pine on him. I would always wonder how he’d smell if I was to put my full potential in it. Then I’d remember about how the other’s thought of the wolves. They thought they smelled like dogs and in Rosalie’s word’s revolting wet mutt smell.

I placed my hand, palm down, right over Jacob’s heart. The thudding and steady beat made me jealous of him. It was so much more easier for his kind to pretend to be human. To fit in. To live in a world among humans and mythical beings. To not have to struggle to survive. TO not have to fight against instincts. To find love. Then again because of me, Jake wasn’t exactly following the last two. Somehow, he had done the unthinkable and imprinted on a half vampire hybrid and I too fell in love with him. Way to make things more complicated Violette. I saw Jacob stir and move around a bit, then slowly, his eyes fluttered open. He smiled once his big dark pupils looked into my green ones. I kissed him on his lips and he, eagerly, returned it as well.

-”Mmm. What a wake up. You should really do that more often.” I smiled at him, and gave him one last peck. He looked behind him, towards the clock. “Wow. I woke up early. It’s burly 8 o’ clock. Let’s go back to sleep yea?” I laughed as this time he brought my small frame atop of his over sized one, so that I was on top of his chest. “mmm. Comfy?” he asked. I just nodded.

-”Come on. Let me get up. I have to make breakfast.” I must have said the magic word, because he let go alright.

-”Ok. I’m hungry anyways.” and as if to prove his point, Jacob’s stomach began to roar in agreement. I chuckled and got up off of him.

I quickly got to work at making Jacob and Billy’s meal. I prepared the table as well and hadn’t even notice Billy get out of his room. I did however hear him turn on the television and soon Jacob came downstairs too, rubbing the sleep from his eye. He must have gone back to sleep after I came downstairs. I put the food on the plates, making sure to put double on Jacob’s plate, and called them over. Billy would occasionally ask what we’d have planned. Jacob reminded him about the graduation and he told us to get ready.

I quickly found some simple clothes and put them on since I still had to worry about the party later on. I had chosen yellow long sleeve shirt with blue jeans and my denim colored vans. I put my hair in my ponytail and walked downstairs seeing as Jacob was there too, we just had to wait for Billy. When he was ready he told us that he had to call Charlie. I panicked there. Charlie would surely remember me from my last visit and I could not get him to lie, there was no way. I sighed in relief however when I heard the conversation taking place.

-”Hey Charlie. What time’s the ceremony?” I could just burly make out what Charlie said through the line. At 12 o’ clock. It was 5 until 11, we had time.

-”Oh alright then. We’ll see you there?” I heard Charlie again. He had asked who and who was going.

-”Oh just me and Jacob, but Jacob’s bringing over his girlfriend. Ok then. Alright then. No sure. Bye.” Charlie had asked Billy if he could stop by and get him some flowers to give to Bella since he wanted to get there early and had to pick up Bella’s mom.

-”So to the flower shop?” asked Jacob. Billy nodded. “Alright. Babe get the house keys and lock up yea, while I get my dad in the car.” I nodded.

-”Where are they?” I called to him, as he carried Billy down the steps with wheel chair and all.

-”My back pocket! My bad!” he called. I rolled my eyes and went to him. I got them and he had to make me blush. I guess this might be the last time he sees it, since I might just be another Cullen to him soon. Another pale faced Cullen. “Now don’t go grabbing anything else now! Don’t get too handsy.” I smacked his shoulder and jogged up to the door to lock up. Jake jogged up to me and took the keys, but not before wrapping me in a hug to give me a kiss.

-”Ok. Come on you two!” shouted Billy. WE pulled away and went to the car. I got in the back, behind Jake, since Billy was seated in the front passenger seat.

We got the flowers and literally, zoomed over to Fork’s school. Jake helped Billy get out and I got off as well. Lot’s of boys were staring at me. Some had one of those looks and others had the ‘I recognize you from somewhere’ look. Jacob seeing this, put his arm around my waist tightly and pulled me to his side. I just kissed his cheek to ease him up. We walked towards the gym, where the other parents and guests crowded the entrance. Billy wheeled himself over to Charlie, who was waving at him. Jacob and me, just slightly behind. That is, until someone tugged at my arm. It was Angela.

-”Oh my god! Your back from France? I heard how you left. Bella told me. I didn’t know you were back.” Jacob looked at me funny.

-”Hi Angela. Yea I just got back a few months ago. I just didn’t go back to Fork’s.” she eyed Jacob. “Oh um….Angela this is Jacob. Jacob this is Angela.” I introduced them. Jacob rose his brows in acknowledgement, not caring. Angela just stared at him shocked. ‘Wow. He’s so tall.’ wait! Had I just read her thoughts?! Oh my god! I did. I think I’m beginning to slip up! I have to breathe in, relax. All the stress is getting to me. That’s all. I tried to stay calm and it worked. For a second. ‘How does she know Violet?’ Those were Jacob’s thoughts! OH no! I think I’m loosing control!

-”Wow! I never knew your brother was the type to let you have a boyfriend.” said Angela. ‘Especially since he always glares at him. He’s that guy that used to hit on Bella. Man he’s gotten bigger.’ I closed my eyes tight, trying to escape the voices. There were too many now. Sobbing mothers, worried fathers, anxious kids. It was too much. “SO have you seen Ed…”

-”Angela!” I thanked whoever it was that approached us. Not! I read Jessica’s thoughts as she looked at Jacob up and down. “Violette?! Oh my god! It is you! Wow…um so who’s this.” My hands clenched.

-”This is Jacob, my boyfriend.” I told her. I think my eyes turned black for a second. I inhaled and exhaled twice before continuing. “Jacob this is Jessica.” I told him. He did the same thing with Angela.

-”Oh well. I guess I’ll see you at the party right? Bye!” she pulled at Angela’s hand towards the stage. I sighed and was about to walk to the group of people who stood to do the pledge of allegiance. Jacob held me back.

-”Violette? Brother? What were they talking about?” Jacob looked confused. “And what did that girl mean by ‘your back’?”

-”What did you think Violet was short for? Violette is French for Violet or Purple that’s why. I also used to come here. Before I ran off I mean.” I looked away.

-”So you mean…your family knows where your at….right?”

-”Now they do. Their here.” I told him.

-”Your brother you mean?” I nodded. “Cause you said your parents died.” his tone was that of accusing now. I sighed.

-”They did. My real parents anyways. My adoptive parents are rich and…their here too. Along with my other siblings. They’ve been in Fork’s all along. That’s why I went to La Push. Then I got to you.” I told him, looking away sadly.

-”What? Then….god! Are your parents that stupid that they didn’t notice you were less than a few miles away?!” I shushed him, a few of the people looking at us. I pulled him outside since the ceremony hadn’t fully began yet. The kids just burly entering.

-”They now I can take care of myself. I told you I don’t always need protecting.”

-”Wait. You said you left because of your brother. Now you have siblings? Plural right?”

-”look Jake. I left because my brother. He’s more protective ok. My other siblings didn’t want me to leave, but…I had to. None of them did and they told me to come home.”

-”SO wait. Your leaving me?” he was sad now as he looked into my eyes. I leaned up and kissed him so hard, I could have sworn that for sure my animalistic instincts were surfacing.

-”Never. I’m always going to be with you. Weather you want me to or not.” I told him smiling. “Weather you know it or not.” I whispered hugging him. He smiled sadly at me. “Look. I promise that you’ll find out more about me at the party.”

-”Why at the party? Why not now? As a matter of fact, why not before? You know, when I told you all of my secrets?” he looked sad and torn. “I thought you trusted me.” I felt the tears stinging my eyes. I could also hear the people’s names being called. They were burly on the last names with ‘A’ though.

-”I’m-I’m sorry but….I just- I don’t trust myself.”

-”Yourself? You don’t trust yourself? That makes no sense! Violet..or Violette or whatever! I love you so, so much and I want you to understand that I’ll love you no matter what. Flaws and all. So look your baggage is my baggage. I don’t care if you have family drama or whatever. It won’t matter because only you matter to me. Please? Can you just tell me what’s going on?” I shook my head no.

-”I can’t!” I blubbered. It was a good thing I did not wear mascara or I’d be looking like a wreck at the moment. “My..brother will tell you. He…ugh!” I shouted agitated.

-”Who’s your brother?! Are you afraid of him or what?!” I nodded my head. “Why?! Listen, he won’t ever hurt you. I won’t let him. He can’t take you from me.”

-”Yes he can.” I whispered.

-”No…only if you let him take your from me. DO you want that? Do you want to be taken from me?”

-”No….I just….Jake.”

-”Yea…”

-”Promise me. Promise me you won’t hurt anybody.”

-”huh? Why?”

-”Just promise. You’ll find out, but…promise me. I won’t ask you to continue loving me or anything else. Just, just promise you won’t hurt anybody. I don’t want to see the people I care about getting hurt. And that goes for you too.” I told him. He was silent and just soothed my back and kissed my hair.

-”I, I promise. OK? I promise. Now come on. Don’t cry.” I did as told. “There, now come on. Their on the ‘G’s now.” I nodded. Good. That means Cullen was taken care of already. My siblings had graduated enough times already, this was just one out of many and many more to come. We entered quietly, and the adults too fixed on the graduates to even turn to acknowledge us. Jacob greeted Charlie and before he could even introduce me an angry parent had shushed them both.

-”Hey kid. How bout you just tell me later. Seems some people are a bit antsy. Oh, but nice to meet you.” he whispered loudly, trying to see over Jacob’s massive frame.

-”Um…yea. Likewise.”

We had been waiting for Bella to be called up and I tried to avoid contact with certain people. Which was difficult since I could feel their gazes fixed on me. I could even see Edward’s glare being thrown at me, and just in case you wanted to know, yes I can still read thoughts. Although there were too many at once to understand, Edward was much more better at mind reading than I, I could still hear Edward loud and clear. He was just trying to find a way to get to me, he was also saying such god awful things about Jacob. Edward really hated him I guess. I guess Edward had finally found out I could read his thoughts because his eyes widened.

-”Bella Swan!” The other’s stood up to applaud and cheer her on. I slowly averted my gaze from Edward, to Bella. I read her thoughts as she looked at me. She was giddy and anxious about something. What the hell? Was she like, looking forward to mine and Jacob’s demise or what? No. Calm Violette. Don’t go there. Bella got her award and many began to get uncomfortable, and when I mean many I meant Jacob and Billy since Edward was walking Bella.

-”Ok, Billy give these to Bella now. We have to get going. See you around now.” Billy told Charlie and we both headed out. I could feel Edward’s glare on us as we walked out of view. “So. You two going to the party?” I could see Jacob tightening his grip on the steering wheel. His thoughts showed that he was worried about the vampires and my brother. If only he knew how closely related both were. The both of us just nodded, both quiet, very quiet. “Hmm. You both be careful now, understood? Jacob look after Violet and your brothers.” Jacob nodded.

-”Don’t worry about me now Billy. I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself.” I saw Jacob look at me through the rear view mirror, eyeing me.

-”Oh I know! Yet, it’s better not to take a chance.” he looked back towards me, smiling. “Soon as you get home, call the boys and then get ready you two.” we nodded again. The rest of the car ride was quiet.

Once we got there, we did as Billy told us to. Apparently, he had invited Charlie over to the house while we were at the party. Sam wanted Jacob to go, to get information on the red headed vampire and the other newborns that the pack had been running into. I had felt so helpless, still do, anytime they would fight against one. Yet, I had no choice if I wanted to keep my secret a secret. Jacob was done using the phone and walked into my room, closing the door behind him.

-”Um… that was the guys, they said they’d call when they were ready. Um…do you want to shower first or should I?”

-”Why don’t you go first? I have to get my stuff ready anyways, and besides, you don’t take too long.” I told him.

-”Alright.” he walked up to me as I was in the closet, looking to pull out the dress. “You look….worried.” he told me, as he wrapped his arms around my waist. “Don’t. I told I wouldn’t do anything didn’t I? I promised. So, if your worrying about me, just stop.” I felt him press his lips to my hair and travel to my neck. I wrapped my arms around his neck after turning to face him. I kissed his lips, as the kiss became more urgent and intense. His kisses trailed once again to my neck and I couldn’t suppress the moan that escaped my lips. I read his thoughts, it was hard for him to control his emotions right now. He doubted his control, as I doubted mine. We had to end this. I felt his hands snake up my shirt and massage my stomach as they traveled higher.

-”We*pant* have to stop*moan*. Jake.” when I said his name, it came out as a moan, only turning him on more. He moaned too and began to lead me to the bed. “Jacob. Come on. Stop.” he pulled back, both of our breathing was labored. His cheeks were tinted pink and I bet mine were to. I tried my hardest to avoid his head, too embarrassed of his thoughts right now.

-”Sorry. I guess I just lost it.” he apologized. I pecked his cheek and smiled.

-”It’s ok. It’s not like I pulled away any sooner either. It’s both our faults.” I patted his cheek, smiling. “Now go on, or we’re never leaving. On second thought…” he laughed.

-”Ok, ok. I’m going. Just one more kiss.” he pointed out a finger. I smiled and leaned into him. I gave him a long, sweet kiss and then pulled back. He walked backwards, grinning and disappeared down the hall. I was quick to get everything ready.

After Jacob was done showering, I went right after, taking as little time as I could. Not really. I always loved the feeling of the water. That’s why I’ve always loved creeks and the beaches, the fresh breeze of the sea or calming feeling of the water, feels marvelous. After I was done I quickly went over to the clothes I had set out on my bed and changed. Occasionally I would look at the clock. Right now it read that it was about to be 7:30. I had already finished getting my hair ready and everything. I had placed my hair in curls, wearing the blue dress that Alice had manage to get to me, along with some matching dark navy blue shoes. As for the make-up, I put on dark blue eye shadow and a shinny lip gloss for my lips. I looked decent enough. I walked outside and I heard a wolf whistle. I turned around and there stood the Quil, who began to laugh afterwards.

-”Damn! Make way for the beautiful and stunning, Violet” cackled Quil. I was Jacob step out of his room and smack Quil straight across the back of his head. I giggled. “Ow! What the hell man! Damn that hurt!” MY giggle soon turned into laughter. I just shook my head and turned my attention to Jacob.

-”Wow. Quil’s right Vie. You look beautiful.” he told me. I looked at him. I think that I hardly ever saw Jacob wearing clothes, until now of course. If anything, he always had on cut of jeans and a plain shirt. This time he wore dark blue jeans and a button up shirt. I smiled at him.

-”You don’t look half bad yourself.” I kissed his lips. Quil scoffed at our public display of affection. I smiled at him. “Aw. Don’t worry Quil! You look good too.” I told him giggling. Quil grinned with pride and Jacob just rolled his eyes, bringing me closer to him.

-”Ok. Come on let’s go. Party starts at 8 and we have to go pick up Embry.” Before we headed out I went to go pick up Bella’s present. I walked into my room and went to the drawer near my bed and rummaged through it’s contents. I heard Jacob come in and close the door again. I read his thoughts, he had something to give me.

-”Hey Jake? What’s up?” I asked being coy. I had found my gift and put it in my bag, which by the way also matched my dress.

-”Oh um….I made Bella something and well…I got to messing around and made you something too. I thought it came out better so I want you to have it.” I smiled at him and we met each other half way.

-”Really? What is it?” it was a bracelet, or I had picked up from his thoughts.

-”Ok. Close your eyes.” I did and I waited for him to do something. “Stick your hand out.” I did, eyes still closed. I felt something cold wrap around my wrist and dangle there. “Ok. Open them.” he told me. I did. Hanging off of my wrist was an adorable charm bracelet made with a bunch of tire bracelets and ribbons. Dangling off of it were four little wooden charms. They consisted of a little crescent moon, a wolf, a large J, a V, and a heart.

-”Wow. It’s amazing. You made this?” he just nodded, looking away. I could see his cheeks as they burned a bright pink. I leaned up as far as I could and brought him down to my level. “Thank you. So, so much. I love it.” I pulled him even lower and kissed him. I didn’t want things to go any farther and pulled back. I laughed at him. I had smeared my lip gloss all over his lips. He licked his lips.

-”Mmm. Cherry.” he laughed, cleaning his face. I laughed too and pulled out my lip gloss, applying some on again. “Ok. Let’s go.”

We all made our way into the car and went over to pick up Embry. When we got there I noticed he looked kind of uneasy. He greeted me and we made our way over to the party. Jacob held my hand the whole way there, while Embry and Quil were stiff. I tried to shake off their thoughts. They were each uneasy about being alone in a house with vampires, but also excited. They wouldn’t mind tearing apart my family. Unfortunately their mental pictures were all but too graphic and I felt a shudder run down my spine. Jacob must have thought I was cold because he turned on the heater. I could hear loud music now as we got so close, the car vibrated from the bass. I tried to remain calm as we parked. Jacob waited for me to get out and put his arm around my waist, leading me inside, the boys just a few feet behind us.