Uncompatible Love

Feeling Better?

Chapter 37: Feeling Better?

*Violet’s POV*

Currently I was in Jacob’s small bed. He was asleep on me again. This time I was laying all the way back, his head on my stomach and his good arm draped over my waist. Somehow he got like that and I wasn’t going to wake him up, that is until I could heard a car coming up to the small house followed by two sets of steps. It had been about two weeks since the fight already, Jacob was recovering well. And sure the first week was killer, having to straighten Jacob’s mending bones wasn’t easy, but now they were properly aligned and healing well. I got out of bed and picked up Jacob’s head. Jacob just groaned in response and blinked a few times before scratching his head with the arm that wasn’t completely wrapped in bandages. He looked at me before mumbling a good morning, I was already up and out of bed.

-”Good morning sleepy.” I kissed his lips and walked to the door in time to open the door for Carlisle, Edward came in as well. They both smiled at me, Billy wheeling himself in. Jacob stood up straightening himself. Now the wolves and vampires where officially friends. Sort of. They were all thankful for all the help and attention my father had given Jacob. Although Jacob was the only one who still had a not-so-secret grudge against my brother, Edward.

-”Hello, Violette.” I nodded at my adoptive father as he gave me a peck on the cheek as his greeting, hands filled with two medical bags. Next Edward came and gave me a small hug, greeting me as well. I moved out the door, with Edward so Billy could come in instead. I waited by the door frame with Edward.

-”How are you Jacob.” asked Carlisle, a sincere smile plastered onto his face. Jacob sat up gingerly and carefully minding his ribs.

-”Good. I have my awesome nurse to thank.” He winked at me, I just blushed and awkwardly looked at Edward who tried to restrain a growl. I didn’t want to know if Jacob was showing Edward our make-out sessions through his mind. Or the damn massages that Jacob always asked for. What? It wasn’t like I could deny him anything in his condition. Carlisle looked at me, not knowing the double meaning behind Jacob’s words since they weren’t meant for him to know, but for Edward.

-”That’s good. I always knew she’d make a great medic. I keep insisting she become a doctor, but she never applies herself to it, thinking she’s too young.” he smiled at me. It seemed he forgot about the ruse I had been trying to keep up with these days. Billy cleared his throat, an eyebrow raised.

-”Well, she does seem too young, isn’t it a little too early to be putting such pressure on a young girl her age? Already you want her to work by your side?” Carlisle looked at me and just turned to Billy, nodding, a small smile on his lips. For some reason I knew I had to keep my guard up especially when around Billy. I knew he was that little boy I had met when I ran into the old pack leader on my own. Whether or not Billy remembered me, I wasn’t sure, but I was in no way going to just waltz right up to him and ask him directly. Carlisle got to work immediately removing the bandages and inspecting Jake’s bones. He smiled.

-”Well, good news. Everything seems to be in order. You won’t have to stay in bed anymore, I just wouldn’t shift for another week or two and no sudden movements.” Jacob smiled at me before winking, Edward growled again stepping up in front of me.

-”He said no sudden movements.” Edward growled and Jacob smirked, once again I could only imagine what Jacob had in mind behind that smirk of his. Our parents looked at one another, not aware of what was going on. Billy cleared his throat and spoke.

-”Thanks Doc. We really owe you.” said Billy sincerely.

-”No problem, it’s the least we can do.” smiled Carlisle before leaving.

-”Will you walk us to the door Violette?” asked Edward. I looked at Jacob, almost asking, and he nodded. I did walk them out the door, closing it behind my back.

-”What’s the matter?” I asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He cleared his throat.

-”Maybe you and Jacob should go on a little trip.” he told me, looking at the window. I looked up and Jacob was looking out the window. I saw him wince when he turned suddenly when I spotted him. He shut the curtain and I sighed. He would ask me about this later. “WE-I’m willing to pay for both your tickets. Go anywhere.” he seemed to think about it for a second. “Anywhere except Italy, that is.” I had a sarcastic smile on my face.

-”What for, what’s with the sudden generosity?” I asked him. He looked away. I suddenly remembered something. ”Your starting the arrangements for the wedding, aren’t you?” he looked at me and nodded, his eyes still far away. “Why else?” I demanded, and he did not answer. “Edward! Why else?” I spoke up, Carlisle looked at me from the car.

-”Alice had a vision.” he stopped to take a deep breath, swallowing audibly. “Theodore’s going to return…and he’s looking for you.” I wrapped my arms around myself, stuttering now as I spoke.

-”A-are y-you sure?” I asked him and he nodded. “W-why?” he shrugged. I remembered his words from before. ’See you around princess. And I mean it my love, I’ll see you sooner than you think. Wait and see, I will have you soon. The era of courtship is dead anyways.’ I closed my eyes breathing in deeply. “When?” I asked him.

-”Alice isn’t sure. He keeps changing his mind. He’s not sure how to go about it, whether to just come of his own will, wait until there’s an actual reason for him to come to the states or to ask Aro for permission. He may be strong, but he’d be a fool to try and take on the royal guard.” I nodded. “You should leave as soon as possible.”

-”A-and the wedding?” I asked him, he smiled.

-”Alice has that under control. You just need to be here at least the day before. You are after all the maid of honor. Which by the way Alice is fussing over, but she understands that you as my sister have to be at my side.” he smiled at me and I did too, but it went away just as soon. “Besides, Bella asked to have Jacob as the best man. She’ll ask him over the phone.”

-”The phone? Really?” I raised an eye brown, hands on my hips.

-”I don’t trust how that conversation might turn out with that boy’s temper.” I glared at him, turning around and lifting my hand as a goodbye to him.

-”Whatever.” okay, so I could have handled that better, but he just said my boyfriend, the love of my life, my soul mate, my cantante, had no self-control. “Bye, Edward. I’ll talk to Jake about it.” I closed the door and heard the car leave. Just like I had said, Jacob appeared on the sofa and patted the other cushion. I sat next to him.

-”What was…that about?” I smiled at him and just shook my head in the negative.

-”Nothing…he was…just glad your okay and…he was actually worried.” I smiled. “He’s not that bad you know?” he grimaced and I kissed his cheek. We just sit there, watching television when Rachelle walks in, spotting me and Jacob on the couch.

-”Oh! What are you doing down here?!” she shouted, hands on her hips.

-”Don’t worry Rachelle, he got the ok from my dad. He’s okay now.” Jacob looked smug at her and she stuck out her tongue at him. “Brat.” Jacob lifted his hand, giving her the bird. I grabbed his finger. “DO that again, watch me break that too.”

-”Come on you two.” I complain and Jacob pouts, I gave him a kiss in the cheek and I‘m about to kiss his lips, when Jacob moans, but in agitation. He looked behind me at Rachelle.

-”You mind?” he asked her, annoyed. She merely scoffed before looking at the mail and opening some. Jacob turned to look at me, grinning before kissing my lips. He lifted his hand gently and slowly to my cheek and kissed me. Leaning slightly into me, his tongue snacked out of his mouth, gliding across my bottom lip before biting onto it.

-”Easy there. Your not suppose to move much.” I licked my lips, and fixed my hair. He grunted and was about to speak when a shriek scared the both of us. I stood up quickly as did Jacob. He winced at the action and I checked him over, hovering my hands over his shirtless torso. “You okay?” he nodded.

-”Yeah. That sounded like my sister. Chelle! Chelle you okay?!” he winced as he walked towards the stairs. Rachelle then ran down and I stepped aside, she stood wide eyed on the last step.

-”I got a letter from Rebecca!” she shouted in glee. Jacob groaned and if this was a cartoon I would have face palmed myself.

-”Idiot! You scared the crap out of us.” ‘Especially me.’ I thought to myself. I guess I was a little uneasy since my talk with Edward.

-”Well! Rebecca said she might come over.” She smiled, but then it fell. “But she’s also mad because we never visit her.” Jacob made a face, holding his midsection.

-”No duh! She only lives so damn far away! Why’d she have to move all the way over there and get married.” Jacob asked sarcastically.

-”Where does she live?” I asked him, Rachelle answered instead.

-”She lives in Hawaii and I want to go see my nephews!” She whined and that gave me an idea.

-”Why don’t we go?” she looked at me like I was stupid.

-”Yeah, hang on let me tap into my endless amount of money. She took out her purse and opened it. “Poof! What do you know, no cash.” Jacob glared.

-”I could pay. I mean, it’s only four of us.” I told him.

-”Really?!” she shouted happily. I nodded and Jacob put his arm around me, bringing me closer to him so he could whisper into my ear.

-”Violet, it’s four round tickets and it’s expensive.” I pulled back.

-”I know. Edward offered me two tickets any where I want.” he looked at me, skeptically. ”I told you he wasn’t that bad.” I smiled sadly. “Besides, I have a bit of extra cash from my summer job.” well, they were jobs I had taken in the summer. 107 years of summers does that to you, you have plenty of cash.

-”Gosh! What summer job did you take, maffia?” she asked sarcastically.

-”Want them or not?” I asked, laughing. She nodded her head.

-”I’ll go tell dad the news!” She got her keys. “Oh wait… Paul…” she sighed. She looked at me as if asking if I could spare another ticket, I was about to nod when Jacob shut my mouth and held my head still.

-”That’s enough Chelle! Choose! Hawaii or Paul! Personally I’d choose Hawaii since I have no idea what you see in stupid Paul” she stuck her tongue out.

-”I could ask her the same thing about you.” she said, leaving to her car. He looked at me and flipped off Rachelle again, I was pink in the cheeks. I wanted to take them all with me just in case Theodore tracked my scent down here. I would feel horrible if that killer got to Rachelle and Billy. If anything happened to them on my behalf, I don’t know what I’d do. Jacob looked at me.

-”Your.. Something else you know that. Like my very own genie or something.” I smiled.

-”Well than master, what will your second wish be?” I said, head held high, hands crossed as I tried to imitate a genie. He smirked.

-”Well….” his hands traveled from my shoulders, to my waist and roaming everywhere. He eyed me suggestively and I groaned.

-”Jacob! You’ll get hurt!” I pulled away.

-”Aw! Come on!” I shook my head in the negative and he pouted. I grabbed my phone from my pocket. And wrote a text message

To: Edward

Subject: 4 tickets

Body: Hawaii please!!!! Round trip fair. 4

Passangers. 2 of them are for a month, the

other 2 are for a week longer.Tank you.I’ll

pay for the other 2 tickets. Thank you!!!!!

I waited for a little bit for him to reply back and I didn’t have to wait much longer before my phone started dinging followed by the vibration. I flipped it open and read the text.

From: Edward

Subject: Re: 4 tickets

Body: Sure. I’ll send them to you in the

Mail. The date is set a week from now.

To: Edward

Subject: Re: Re: 4 tickets

Body: thank you. ILY!

I snapped my phone shut and looked at Jacob. Who was busy looking for something to wear. “We going to Emily’s?” I asked him and he nodded. I went to help him out since he had trouble bending down. I pulled out some boxer shorts and some khaki shorts, I pulled out a red shirt. “This one?” he made a face and said no. I looked through his drawers and pulled out a dried green shirt, it was one of the few loose ones he actually had. He just shrugged and stepped into the bathroom, leaving the door open slightly. “You mad at me?!” I called to him. I heard no reply and I smiled, I knew what the dramatics were about now them. “If I go in with you will that cheer you up?!” instantly his head stuck out.

-”It’s a start.” he grinned and I rolled my eyes. I got my clothes and went into the restroom, locking the door shut.

*Edward’s POV*

I had just finished texting my sister. I had to lie to her. A part of me had a feeling that deep down she still had some feelings for that stupid idiot, Theodore Gonzales. He was somewhere near these lands right now. Alice saw him. He had some nerve. I hadn’t decided whether it was bravery or stupidity for coming here without consulting Aro, Caius and Marcus first. Right now I knew it’d be stupid for me to come alone. The kid was strong. His ability to cast a metal blast of telekinetic energy at any angle was hard to avoid. I had felt that first hand.

-”Edward. He’s hunting near here. Do we confront him?” asked Alice, I saw her vision. I nodded. My other siblings there with me too.

-”If things get too violent, you know what to do Jasper. His ability is tied to his emotions. If he’s not calm than he can’t concentrate on where to let the energy emerge.” Jasper nodded. I had fought Theodore before when he had upset my sister. I remember wanting to rip him to shreds when I found out what he wanted. He had only been following out diet to get closer to my sister. He found her intriguing and he thought he could get her. At some point I have no doubt that he had loved her, just as my sister had him. That of course all died down when he tried to make my sister his. She had refused, she was able to read minds as well, so she probably saw the changes in him just as well as I had. After the meeting with the Volturi those years ago in Paris, he had a new perspective. He craved human blood more frequently, he tested his abilities to the max. He thought that his abilities alone would be enough to hold down my sister. Little did he know that it wouldn’t work against her. She rendered him useless and that’s when I came in.

I remember seeing the scared look on my sister’s face, tears would have been streaming down her eyes if she hadn’t been smart enough as to be cautious around anyone other than her family. To think we were going to make him a part of the Cullen Coven. That idiot, in his rage, fled off and began to attack a human hiker. A passer by. He tore him to pieces in front of my little sister. He threatened her that if she didn’t come with him, he would reveal our secret to everyone. Obviously not a smart thing to do when we’re so close to Voltera, Italy. We threatened him as well, and he was smarter than to let us involve the Volturi. He left, angrily threatening us that he would return. He had and he was trying to win over my sister. This time he brought with him a friend, Denis. A male vampire with the ability to strengthen bonds, or weaken them. He made her fall in love with Theodore all over again, we had to kill Denis.

That wasn’t easy, Theodore would randomly start to use his telekinetic blasts to send me flying at least 30 yards away from him. He could make his telekinetic energy surround him as a barrier before releasing it to send his enemies, or us, skidding across the dirt. With the help of Jasper, I was able to take him down. He couldn’t concentrate with unstable emotions so he had my sister help him. He ordered her to attack us. Denis weakened her bond with us and strengthened hers with Theodore. It was hard trying to defend ourselves from my sister and not hurt her. We tried to talk her out of it and eventually we did. We tried to get her to resist against Denis’s power, to block it. After much effort she succeeded and Theodore ran, leaving Denis to suffer his fate.

-”Emmett, you go with Rose to block his path the other way. We have to reach him at the exact same time or he’ll just blow us all out of the way. Jasper, as soon as you spot him, you know what to do.” he nodded.

-”We can’t let him get to Violette, again Edward.” I looked at Rose and nodded. “Has he- is someone else with him like last time?” she asked. Alice answered her question.

-”No, he’s all alone.” Alice. Emmett scoffed.

-”Kid’s suicidal than, I guess.” Emmett snorted out.

-”You said he had spotted her with Jacob, correct?” asked Jasper, I nodded. “What if he’s after him?”

-”I thought of that possibility, she and Jacob won’t be in Washington for a month or so. Plenty of time to dispose of Theodore once and for all without Violette knowing.” Rosalie bent her head.

-”Sad to see she still feels something for him.” I looked at her, out of all of my other ‘siblings’ she had known my sister the longest, therefore her bond with her was greater. I had read Violette’s thoughts, whether that interest was out of shock or love, she still felt a pull to him. Maybe it was just hard for her to let go of the past. Since she was her first love, it’s always hard. I just hope I was wrong, or killing Theodore will bring more trouble than it’s worth.

-”Come on Rose, you saw how she felt for that mutt, I’m sure she was just surprised to see him. Right, Edward?” he gave me a look, he wanted me to agree with him whether it was a lie or not.

-”Let’s get going.” I ran off to find Theodore. It didn’t take long before we did. He was near the werewolves’ land. He was sniffing the air and turned to look at me. I was in sight first.

-”So, are you going to tell your pathetic siblings to come out of hiding?” he smirked at me and the others emerged from the trees, growling at his insult. ‘SO where’s my prize Edward? I’m dying to get my hands on your sister.’ His smirk never once faltered and I charged at him, he saw this coming and sent me flying back into a couple of trees. I knocked them all down. We all charged him and he just as easily deflected us.

-”Jasper, now!” I shouted to him. Theodore growled and ran at me instead of concentrating on the others who were closing in on him again. We rammed each other this time, his anger flaring. I gripped his neck and he sent me flying again. The others closed in and jumped at him. He jumped high above on a tree and ran from tree top to tree top away from here. I growled. He’d be back though, we saw this coming, but I thought we’d be able to stop him.

-”Edward, he’ll be back and next time he’ll confront Violette.” Alice said, her hand on my shoulder. I nodded.

-”Look again.” I told her, running to Bella’s house. I needed to relax and forget this whole mess. The future should have changed since Violette accepted those tickets. A month was enough time for me to catch that idiot. Or so I hoped.

*Violet’s POV, a week later.*

I woke up and turned around, we were in my bed now. We being me and Jacob. Since he could move around now he always snuck in here again. Of course I never let him go too far since I wasn’t completely sure he was fully healed. Besides, Rachelle’s bedroom was right next door and I don’t think I can keep quiet. That upset Jacob, since he always pestered me over it. I moved Jacob’s hands that were wrapped around my waist and turned to look at him. Still asleep. I got up and walked downstairs and smiled at Billy who was reading his paper.

-”Want some coffee, Billy?” he looked at me and smiled.

-”If that wouldn’t be too much trouble.” I smiled and went to make him his coffee. I placed the cup near him and went to make breakfast. “So, we really going to Hawaii, huh?” I looked at him and nodded. He had a grin that reminded me much like Jacob’s. “That really was nice of you and your brother. Haven’t seen my twin girls together in a long time. Actually, haven’t seen all of us together in a long time.” his eyes were distant. He must have meant his wife too. He sighed and picked his paper up. I saw the water collecting in his eyes though. I saw the mail and went to go get it.

-”Speaking of which, Billy, the tickets are in my room, we leave tomorrow morning. Rachelle works right, and I know you have that trip with Charlie planned so I got your flights right here.” I handed him the two tickets and he smiled at me, looking over them.

-”So you two are leaving after us huh?” his eyebrow raised. I looked away.

-”Edward and Bella are going to be planning their wedding and I know how upset Jacob is about it, so I thought…” he smiled and wheeled himself over to me, patting my back.

-”My Sarah would have loved you.” he had a small, sad smile and he wheeled himself away after. I stared after him.

-”He’s right you know, my mom would have loved you.” Rachelle smiled at me and went to get herself some breakfast and coffee from the kitchen. I smiled at her, pink tinting my cheeks. “So…we leaving tomorrow morning?” I nodded. “What time?”

-”at 10. Well we should leave at ten. The plane boards at 10:45, so yeah.” she nodded. I felt hands wrap around my waist and than, who I can only guess was Jacob, put their chin on top of my head.

-”Mmm… smells good in hear.” Jacob looked at Rachelle who ate the food and she taunted him, eating slowly and dramatically. I laughed.

-”Want some?” I asked him, pecking his lips. He nodded, eagerly.

-”So we leavin’ ‘morrow?” asked Jacob, his mouth full. Rachelle smacked him in the back of the head and she held her hand, it was bright red. Jacob also momentarily chocked on his food. I laughed as the two glared at each other childish sticking their tongues out.

-”*sigh* DO I have to ground you two here? Me and Violet can leave on our own to Hawaii.” threatened Billy, only half joking. They both shook their heads, eyes wide.

-”N-No! We’re good.” I giggled and served myself a plate full of food. I was starving!

*NEXT DAY*

-”Rachelle! Come on! I’m wasting gas ere!” called Jacob to his sister.

-”I’m coming!” she shouted back, she turned to Paul again and gave him another kiss. Their eighth goodbye kiss since he got here.

-”Leave them alone Jacob! She’s just going to miss him. SO stop! Poor Paul. Imagine you having to go a month with out your imprint?” he frowned and I heard Billy laughing next to him. We were right outside the gates to the airport, Paul had driven us in Jacob’s rabbit. Which is why he was mad that his precious gas was being wasted. Rachelle was leaning into the window talking. Jacob swung his hand over my shoulder.

-”Flight B-18 now boarding.” we heard the intercom call out.

-”Rachelle! Come on that’s us!” We were already settled, our bags there, but we had come outside to see what took Rachelle so long. She had been gone for twenty minutes and Jacob had gotten irritated.

-”Bye, Paul…” she kissed his cheek this time.

-”Bye Chelle.” Paul gave her a sad smile as she pulled away and he drove off.

We were all aboard the plain now. It had only been twenty minutes and we still had a ways to go. I was sitting next to Jacob, my head on his shoulder and he was leaning against the window, asleep. I was dozing off when I notice one of the flight attendants stare at Jacob. I made a face and then moved the arm rest, leaning into him more. The attendant glared at me and grabbed a tray of food before coming closer. Jacob woke up when she cleared her throat.

-”And here’s the awesome Violet who brought us all here!” she squealed. She hugged me.

-”May I offer you something?” her face a little too close to Jake’s. He was still groggy and mumbled a no thank you. He got himself comfortable, sitting me on his lap, arms around my waist. He placed his head back and dozed off. I grinned at her, placing my head back on his chest. The flight attendant left with a huff. Note to self, don’t take anything from flight attendant. I finally just dozed off.

-”Please, make sure you have taken all your possessions , thank you.” I heard someone say and than felt myself being shaken awake.

-”Violet, Jacob. Wake up.” I opened my eyes and when I tried to sit straight, I woke Jacob up. Rachelle stood in front of us. “We’re here.” Jacob got up, rubbing his eyes. We all got our things and then our luggage before we went outside. I heard Rachelle screech ad run at some girl. She looked just.like.her. I guess that’s why their twins. I laughed at my idiocy. Jacob and Billy smiled at them and they went towards her. I stood by Jacob’s side. Rachelle and Rebecca were talking when Rachelle, I think, turned Rebecca, once again I think, towards me and pointed at me.

-”Hi! Violet, huh? That’s pretty. Chelle and my dad talk so much about you, and I can’t ever get my little brother here to talk about anything else when I talk to him!” she giggled and Jacob groaned when she gave him a big hug. When greetings were done she clapped her hands together. “Well, let’s get going. Dad, your going to love James! Oh! And the boys got so much more bigger than last time” she squealed as we made out way inside the van.