Uncompatible Love

Aloha Hello Not Aloha Goodbye

Ch. 38: Aloha Hello Not Aloha Goodbye! (My father is a Hawaiian native so forgive me if I accidently slip in words. xP.)

*Violet’s POV*(three weeks later)

-”So when do you two go back home?” asked Rebecca as she brushed Abigaila‘s, her daughter, hair. It was so long and dark, matching her mother’s and Native father’s. She looked a lot like her dad though, just had Rebecca’s nose and lips.

-”Soon Becca. Don’t worry. We’ll be out of your hair. Besides! Why do you care?! We’re staying at a hotel!” Jacob shouted at his sister. She glared and I smacked him. Rebecca’s young son, Hie, was fast asleep. I loved their names. I honestly thought that the children would have something more on their mother’s origins, not their father’s. Abigaila, which sounded a lot like Abigail, meant father’s joy. She was, Rebecca’s husband was very fond of his family and cared deeply for his wife and first born child. Of course, then there’s little Hie, which means attractive and noble. He’s a cute little thing that looks just like Billy. He has all of Billy’s facial features and I can’t help but smile because, so does Jacob.

-”Mommy, I don’t want Uncle Jacob and Aunt Violet to leave.” I smiled at the little girl as she pouted. Jacob stood up and bent down to sweep her up.

-”Aww! Come on Abby! I’ll come visit again! Or better yet.” Jacob looked over at Rebecca. “maybe your cheep mother could fly in so you can come play in the snow.” I smiled at Jacob, he didn’t like it here. It was much too hot for him and he was enjoying himself, but not the heat. He hated the heat.

-”Really?! Snow?!” Jacob nodded and began to play with her, making her ‘fly’ around Rebecca’s small home.

-”Well Violet, I’d say Jacob’s ready for kids of his own.” I knew she was joking, but I still turned bright pink, my hands that had been folded on my stomach where moved to my sides. “Oh I’m just kidding, honey! Your both so young!” she had placed her hand over my own, laughing it off. Jacob scoffed and placed down Abigaila. Hie started to cry, he probably had a nightmare. Rebecca, worriedly went upstairs to the little two year old. “Hey, Jake, do you guys mind dropping Abby off at her school on your way to the B-E-A-C-H?” she had to spell it out so little Abigaila wouldn’t want to ditch school to come with her uncle and “auntie”.

-”Yeah, come on Abby.” she gave him her hand.

-”Uncle Jacob, what’s a B-E-A-C-H?” she was only five and didn’t know quiet yet how to read. Jacob laughed and changed the subject, picking her up on his head.

-”I’ll be gone afterwards you two! I have to go run some errands for Kahoku.” Kahoku was her husband although for those, like Jacob and Rebecca’s family, who couldn’t pronounce it, he went by James, his middle name. Her husband owned some small family restaurant and he was a great cook, I even learned a few Hawaiian dishes to try with Emily. We said okay and left. After dropping Abby off at school, Jacob and I went for a stroll around the markets to buy souvenirs for the others. We already had a bunch, but still. That, and Jacob was hungry. After eating a well cooked meal, we headed to the beach.

-”So you enjoying your stay?” I turned to look at Jacob and I just nodded, a smile on my lips. He leaned in to kiss them, our hands locking together. We got our belonging from the back of Rebecca’s car and walked over to some changing rooms to get ready for the water. We split ways temporarily. I never was one to really reveal my body, but there was just this cute two piece bathing suit that I fell in love with. It was a dark green with white, black, grey, brown and black paw prints all over it. I knew Jacob would get a kick out of it. I placed it on and put my white beach dress over it, a flimsy little piece of cloth that went just over my knees. I grabbed my glasses and my towel and put on my sandals before heading to look for Jacob.

-”Gotcha!” I squealed in delight when I felt Jacob’s hot arms on me. “haha, umm…what’s with the dress.” he chuckled and I pouted. “We got to a good spot and I extended our towels on the warm sand as Jacob set up an umbrella. I took off my dress and bent down to go through my bag for my sun block. Jacob whistled and I felt my cheeks burn up. He laughed and took the bottle from me. I smiled, remembering the last time he did this. Although, it had turned badly for us at first and not to mention the fact that Leah nearly tried to rip through me. I smiled when I felt his warm hands on my skin. My shoulders. My arms. My back. I heard someone whistle and looked to the side to see a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes grinning at me.

He was a bit built, but not as much as Jacob. Speaking of which, Jacob was fuming. I think he was nearly getting ready to kick the poor kid’s ass. I grabbed his arm and told him to ignore him. The boy hadn’t gotten the hint. He was obviously the cocky type, I mean how else would you explain how the idiot kid walked right up to some girl knowing her extremely strong and big boyfriend was right next to her? He gave my a big grin, flashing his pearly whites. The second he opened his mouth, I could hear Jacob send off a warning growl. The boy looked at him confused, then I could see his adam’s apple move as he gulped. He was scared. I smiled lightly at the boy, before turning around and grabbing Jacob’s hand and tugging him towards the ocean. The last thing we needed was a conflict.

I splashed in before soaking my body in the cool waters entirely. I looked to see that Jacob burly had the water to his shoulders still, he was of course a lot taller than me. I frowned, he looked mad, looking around at all the vacationers and natives enjoying the beach. I splashed him, trying to get his attention. It didn’t work. I rolled my eyes and held my breath before diving down, hoping to scare him. It had worked, I heard a loud splash and next thing I know, I’m being lifted by my shoulders.

-”What the hell?!” he asked worried before pulling me into a tight hug.

-”Well…for one…your smothering me.” I said, my cheeks squished as I made a fishy face since my cheek was against his bicep and his arm was crushing the other one. He let go a bit, still lifting me up to eye level. “And second, I wanted you to pay notice me.” I grinned at him and he stared at me like I was crazy. I just giggled before pecking his cheek. We swam around after that, occasionally starting a splashing fight. I was floating lightly on my back while I noticed Jacob continued to look around.

-”What in the world are you looking for, Jacob?” I asked laughing lightly. He grunted and looked at me, grabbing me by my hips and starting to make his way to shore. “Hey!”

-”There are too many low life guys here who keep looking at you.” he growled out, venom in every word. I giggled, he was jealous. I looked around, there were a lot of men looking at us, but maybe it was for the spectacle he was making. I did however notice a few girls look at him like ravenous animals, ready to devour him. I shuddered, slightly upset. I pouted. “Well yeah! But…” I started pouting more, I probably looked like a fish. “Well there are a lot of girls looking at you too.” I crossed my arms, my cheeks huffing up in embarrassment as I was sure they were at the very least a few shades pinker than normal. He stopped before looking around and then down at me, grinning.

-”Your jealous.” he grinned, happy. I scoffed, pushing myself away.

-”Your one to talk Mr.” I grumbled. Going to pack up our things. He laughed.

-”Ok, ok. Let’s just…go home. Becca wont be home anyways.” he said, suggestively. He gave a seductive smile as he wiggled his eyebrows. I just smiled lightly, shaking my head.

-”Men.” I said, laughing when Jacob shouted in protest.

-”Hey!”

At Rebecca’s, Jacob had been right, no one had been home. And I guess you could say I had given into Jacob’s request. Although Jacob was showering at the moment, I was busy looking at my e-mails. I noticed mainly old read e-mails from my family. Mostly Alice, giving me updates on how the wedding preparations were going, what I‘d wear, what I‘d do. And more importantly, Alice was informing me about how the search for Theodore was going. They said they hadn’t seen him and that it was okay to go back home. Actually, the wedding was in another week, maybe it was best we did go back home. I logged off, hearing the bathroom door open, a few minutes later the door to the room opening as well and then close.

-”Ok, you can go now.” Jacob informed me, a towel loosely wrapped around his hips. I was staring at my laptops screen, a picture of my family on one side and the pack on the other. “What’s wrong?” I didn’t answer Jacob’s question for a bit, just continued to space out.

-”It’s….*sigh*….the wedding is this coming Saturday.” I told him. I heard him sigh as well, coming towards me, I could see through the reflection he had just put some boxers on and shaken his hair of the small droplets of water that clung to it.

-”I guess I really have to go huh?” I looked at him meekly.

-”Well…I’m going. If me and your friendship with Bella isn’t a good enough reason for you to suck up your bitter feelings towards my brother and go, then fine.” I tried to guilt trip him, but I was a bit angry. He had refused Bella’s offer to be the best man, instead Emmett would take his place. I stood when he didn’t reply and walked to the bathroom, locking it shut before going in to relax.

*Jacob’s POV*

I sighed, running my hand and scratching the hell out of my hair. She was mad, that’s for sure. I sat on the chair where she had been not too long ago. I stared at the picture on the screen, frowning. I guess she really was being ripped to choose between her family and the pack and more importantly, it was my fault. I sighed, knowing I was going to hate myself if I didn’t do what I knew had to be done.

-”Jacob! Violet! We’re home!” My sister came in, her strong perfume filled my nose.

-”Uncle Jacob!” I could hear the foot steps run towards the room. I quickly put on a shirt and some shorts. Why we hadn’t gone back to the hotel I don’t know, but I didn’t mind seeing the kids and my sister one more time before we left. Once I was done with the computer and confirmed my order…more like booked our flight, I shut off the computer and turned to see my niece jump at me, I easily caught her.

-”Hi Abby!” I smiled at her. “How was school?” She smiled and nodded.

-”Really really good!” she continued to nod and smile. “I learned my numbers up to a hundred!” she was grinning wide and I gave her a surprised enthusiastic smile.

-”Really?! Wow!” I laughed and herd my brother-in-law laugh as well.

-”She’s not used to seeing any of her mom’s relatives, thanks again for coming Jacob.” James was there standing by the door, my sister leaning at his side. His name was Kahoku, but many of their non Native Islander friends had trouble pronouncing it. I didn’t too much, but I just liked saying James better. Violet said she didn’t feel like she should so she went by using his actual name. She said she didn’t think she was allowed since only his friends and family called him that. I told her a million times that she was family, but she was about as stubborn as I was!

-”So…where’s Violet?” asked my sister.

-”I told her to go take a shower since we came from the…ugh B-E-A-C-H.” I spelled it out, little Abby pouting again. Becca giggled while James laughed at their five year old daughter. They were about to leave when I called to the two, my sister went first to go get little Hie, who was calling to her.

-”Yeah, what is it?” asked my sister when she got back. I scratched the back of my head. Abby hopped off my lap, hearing the ice cream man. Her father already knowing, reached into his pocket to get her some money, but I beat him to it. I gave her a five.

-”Wow! Five dollars?! Look mommy! Uncle Jacob gave me a bajillion dollars!” We all laughed at her naïve and childish nature before she ran off.

-”Um….since she just left, I didn’t want her to get sad anyways, so I’ll say this fast.” they looked at me confused, but I continued. “Violet’s brother is getting married soon and well…” I huffed, my sister already knowing SOME of the situation courtesy of Rachelle. Well she knew that I had had a thing for Bella and that I didn’t like her boyfriend, or fiancé or whatever.

-”And let me guess you don’t want to go? Oh my goodness Jacob would you just-” I sighed, cutting off my sister and stopping her from nagging at me. James put his hand on her shoulder, which shut her up, he motioned for me to continue, which I did.

-”I know Becca, I already booked a flight, we leave tomorrow, so…what I’m trying to say is thank you for everything and well…..hopefully you two can come around for the next wedding.” my voice somewhat died down at the end. My sister squealed, and jumped as best as she could with her son in her arms. James laughed and little Hie looked like he was ready to blow chunks.

-”Really Jacob?! Omg! When are you going to ask her?!” I shut her up, not wanting Violet to hear.”Sorry.” she whispered.

-”I don’t know. I brought it up to dad a few times while he was here too and well…..he wants me to give her mom’s ring.” altho my blush was still evidently on my cheeks, however much I wish it wasn’t, I was somewhat depressed at the thought of my mother. I really do wish she could have been here to see Violet in all her glory.

-”Oh Jacob….well….it seems like you two really were made for one another….dad’s right, you should.” she smiled lightly at me, and James just pulled her towards his side.

-”And don’t worry Jacob, I’ll get her there when you do.” James smiled at my sister before they both turned to me. We heard the shower shut off and we knew Violet would be coming out soon.

-”So you’ll leave tomorrow?” asked my sister, I just nodded.

-”Violet has stuff to do for the wedding and…yeah.” I just sighed, raking my hand through my shaggy hair.

-”Your doing a good thing Jacob, I’m sure it’ll make her happy.” she smiled at me, gave me a hug and left with James. And right on cue too because Violet stepped out three minutes after they did. I could hear Violet talking to my sister in the hall.

-”So are you two staying after dinner or are you going to go out?” I heard Violet’s small, fragile voice speak after.

-”I don’t know. I’m awfully tired, and well…I don’t want to be a bother Rebecca.” I heard her laugh chiming in after, I nearly melted at the sound.

-”Oh nonsense, your no bother! It’s that big lug you have for a boyfriend that’s the trouble.” I grimaced at my sister’s failed attempt to make a joke, although both girls did laugh.

-”I can only hear you, you know?!” I shouted to her, they only laughed more.

-”Well you two are more than happy to stay, unless you two are in a hurry to be alone in your hotel again now that we’re home?” I bet Violet was bright red right now, I loved the way she looked when her face heated up like that, she looked so cute. Violet started stuttering after that.

-”Nah! We did that before you guys got here!” I yelled at her.

-”Very funny Jacob.” I heard her footsteps leave towards the kitchen. The funny part is, it wasn’t a joke, I was serious. Well, oh well!

-”Why’d you say that out loud!” Violet came in shouting at me in a harsh whisper, her face fire engine red. I laughed and stood up and going to her. I hugged her tightly, she resisted a bit and it stung to know she was upset, more so over me.

-”I’m sorry, okay?” I whispered and she stopped struggling. “I’m being an idiot.” I waited for her to say other wise, but she told me to go on. I frowned, she was really, really mad! I sighed and kissed her cheek and walked to the printer. “here.” I gave her the papers.

-”What is this?” she asked, her voice flat, unfocused.

-”Look at it and see.” I laughed, she did as I told her and read over the print out of the receipt.

-”A flight? Tomorrow?! Oh Jacob, thank you!” she jumped at me, her arms hung around my neck and her legs were bent at the knees as she clung to me. I laughed and kissed her cheek, bringing her back down. “Wait..your coming too, right?” she asked skeptical. I sighed, took the papers and pointed to the part that said two tickets. She blushed and kissed my lips. “Thank you.” I nodded and we went down to eat.

*Next Day, After Flight*

*Violet’s POV*

I smiled holding onto Jacobs hand as we looked around in search of Embry and Quil. You’d think that wouldn’t be such a strenuous job considering how large those two are, but it was. La Push airport was busy today at the moment, since vacations were on and everything. We finally found the two, with shirts of course, because you know the saying ‘ No shoes, no shirts, no service.’ We walked over to the two and they happily greeted us. The two boys turned to me, devilish smirks on their faces.

-”So..is there a bun in the oven?” asked Embry, eager.

-”Yeah…are we expecting puppies Jake?” asked Quil. Jacob rolled his eyes and nearly growled at Quil to get him to remove his hand, which I hadn’t noticed was on my stomach.

-”Quit it will ya? What kind of question is that anyways?” he asked annoyed.

-”Chill Jake. We just heard, courtesy of Paul, that Rachelle heard a lot of moaning from your room. Actually Paul said she was pretty pissed, but we got a good laugh from it.” Quil said as the two native boys laughed, gripping their stomachs from the force.

“Wha-what?! Oh my god!” my cheeks were a deep scarlet from the embarrassment as I buried my face in my hands. I heard both boys shout out in pain once Jacob struck them, I’m guessing he did anyways. I felt him tug on my arm and mumble the word, ‘idiots’.

-”He-hey! We need a ride too, wait up!” they caught up and we found Jacob’s RABITT. Once we got in we drove back, home. I smiled the whole time, looking out the window and into the beautiful, lush green forest. I felt it calling to me practically. I closed my eyes for a second, but snapped them open once I felt a strong sense of the chills, it was like I was dumped into burning ice. I looked at my reflection, smelling intense scents, hearing more than just what was going on in the car, and saw far more than just the out skirts of the trees. I focused on my reflection and came across amber. I tried to stay calm and not turn, but Jacob noticed a change in me and tugged at my arm.

-”Hey. Hey? Babe? You okay?” I took several deep breaths and nodded. I turned to him smiling.

-”I got dizzy, sorry. I just really dislike planes.” I told him, a sad smile on my face. He brushed my cheek with his thumb and then turned to focus on the road.

-”Is that why your dizzy, Violet?” the boys asked. “Or is it something else?” they just wouldn’t drop it. And Jacob’s thoughts invaded my head, and before I could stop myself, I had spoken them. I guess I hadn’t really turned off the vampire in me. I hadn’t hunted in so long though.

-”If you two are so eager to have puppies, why don’t you two go fuck around somewhere else?” I told them. The car got quiet afterwards, no really, I could have sworn I heard crickets somewhere. I started stuttering a bit as I tried to apologize. “I’m so-I’m-I..” Jacob suddenly cheered.

-”yeah! Whew! Go babe! Haha! See, now both of you shut up!” he cranked on the music afterward and I heard the guys as they looked at each other.

-”Yup, definitely PMSing, no pups, oh well.” I just shook y head, and let my face touch the cold glass.

-”Jacob, Violet! Welcome…home.” the voice went from really loud, to really quiet. I felt my self shake as I opened my eyes. I was in Jacob’s arms and the whole pack was there. I blushed and told Jacob to put me down.

-”I guess I fell asleep, huh?” Jacob nodded, kissing my forehead. “Sorry. You should have woken me.”

-”Nah! You look cute when you sleep.” he smiled and I did too. I turned back to Kim and Emily, who were the ones who had been shouting.

-”Hi everyone.” me and Jacob said, everyone said their greetings and we talked about the trip, showing pictures and everything as Billy boasted about his grandkids. My phone started to vibrate and when they did, all the boys got tense.

-”Do you smell that?” asked Jared.

-”Yeah.” hissed Jacob. I looked to my phone, it was a text. It read, ‘look out the kitchen window. I did, and that was where all the boys were crowding. I saw Carlisle, and tensed, looking at the boys. Would they hurt him for crossing the line? But he had done so when Jacob was hurt and they had no problem with that. Billy wheeled himself over and smiled at me.

-”It’s okay, I took the liberty of calling him over, He wants to take you over to their home, is that okay?” I smiled at him, nodding my head, but frowned when Jacob spoke.

-”No, not okay.” I frowned. “Not with out me.”

-”But Jacob it’s just-”

-”No. Not without me.” Jacob was stern and I frowned again.

-”That’s not fair Jacob, the whole reason we’re hear is to see Bella and Edward get married and what if they need me for something?” I asked, hands on my hips. Emily tried to change the subject, getting all the others except Sam to go to the living room.

-”I’m sorry to butt in Violet, but…I don’t think we should leave you alone.” again, I spoke before thinking, I had read his thoughts. I was acting up again, I needed to feed. The scents of the humans here it was….beginning to seem tempting almost.

-”Why Sam? I get you don’t trust me, but for that?” I covered my mouth and he narrowed his eyes at me.

-”yes, just for that. We don’t know the extent of your powers, and although I delayed this talk for quite some time, much more than I should have. I think it’s best if one of us go with you. That is if you want to be a part of the pack’s life, and that means Jacob’s too.” I looked at Jacob, hoping he’d step in and help me out, but he looked just as hell bent on this decision than Sam.

-”Fine.” I nearly hissed. I tried to ignore the way the others thought of the face I had made, I reminded me of Victoria almost. I sighed and instantly ran out the door and into Carlisle, giving him a big hug. I couldn’t lift him though. ‘Oh great. Now it’s all gone.’ I thought, referring to my vampire powers.

-”Shall we get going?” asked my father sweetly, I grimaced and turned back to see Jacob nod at me, a bit farther away. “You’ll be joining us then, Jacob?” he just nodded and I rolled my eyes.

-’Alice had a vision, but I suppose she can’t see a thing now with him here. They weren’t suppose to know.’ I didn’t exactly know how he knew that I could read his thoughts, but they were very…insightful. He recalled Alice telling him about her vision. Apparently my urge for blood would have been to much and I would have changed while I was at a store. I’d go crazy and run out with inhuman speed and once over the boarder I’d run into one of the boys because…my future went blank.

-”So, how did the both of you enjoy your trip?” asked my father, trying to lighten up the mood as we all walked at an average human pace.

-”It was nice dad, thank you for asking.” I smiled at him, Jacob just huffed and crossed his arms. I glared at him and he answered.

-”It was good.” my father smiled at him.

-”Good, I’m glad. Shall we get there faster, I’m sure Alice might be a little worry since she probably can’t see us.” he smiled and I nodded. Jacob went behind a tree most likely to change. I saw the russet wolf pop his head out from behind. He walked over to me and nudged my thigh with his head, wanting me to hop on.

-”I can get there just fine Jacob.” I spoke sadly. I was sad and depressed that he was in favor of my being watched after like some child. I ran ahead of the men behind me and Jacob, caught by surprised, was the first to quickly catch up, not wanting to be left behind. I ran , letting the wind hit my face, I felt a bit calmer knowing I was able to breathe without the hint of human blood in the air being so strong. Suddenly I was caught by surprised as two strong arms wrapped around my torso, I let out a yelp and Jacob tackled the person who held me, bringing me down as well.

-”Emmett! You scared her idiot!” My breathing was strained as my lungs were being compressed. I recognized Rose’s voice and then Jacob’s growling soon died down as he got off Emmett.

-”Shit! Took you long enough.” complained Emmett. Rose and Esme were there to help me up and get the dust off me.

-”Are you okay, chere?” I nodded my head smiling.

-”Sorry, kiddo. I just didn’t think you’d scream like that. It’s just not like you.” I just looked away nodding.

-”I’m sorry Emmett. It’s just-I wasn’t concentrating or paying attention. It…wasn’t your fault.” I looked at Jacob and motioned to Emmett. I saw his large, beautiful eyes, roll in irritation.

-”He said he’s sorry, although it doesn’t sound like he means it.” I looked to see Edward coming with Alice who looked a bit morbid. She was next to tackle me, but into a hug.

-”Oh my goodness, I was worried sick! I thought something happened to you guys or something!” her eyes shifted to Jacob. “But…at least…your all safe.” her smile dropped somewhat.

-”Why don’t we…go on home, I’m sure you’ll want to head on home, well I know I want you to.” Smiled Esme, the tension lifting. I looked around and spotted Jasper.

-”Hiya Jazz.” he smiled his lopsided smile at me and came over to hug me as well. “Thank you, we needed that.”

-”My pleasure little sister. Can’t have you all depressed over something ….stupid.” his eyes drifted over to Jacob before going to Alice who began to wave us over to the house. I nodded, waiting for Jacob to quickly change behind a tree. We began to walk ahead, I noticed Edward head off and I gave questioning glances at the others. Rosalie was busy glaring at Jacob. Emmett tried not to glare at Jacob, Jasper tried to seem indifferent towards this but I sensed some hostility from him as well while Alice and Esme were looking ahead towards the house. It was Carlisle who finally returned my gaze and looked into the direction the Edward ran off to.

-”No need to worry. He’s simply going to go and retrieve Bella, Violette. He should be back shortly.” I nodded, glancing at Jacob when I sensed more hostility come from him at the mention of her name. I just shook my head and kept walking. I noted the wind pick up, making my golden locks sway in the wind, bringing in the scent of deer. My mouth was watering. I had to swallow back, my throat feeling dry. I shook off the feeling and noticed my father’s thoughts being directed toward me. ‘Edward better hurry. She doesn’t look like she’ll last much longer.’ I gave a small tentative smile at him and went inside.

Once there I sat down on the ivory coach and began to talk and catch up with my family, ignoring Jacob’s discomfort. He was sitting next to me, his hands stretched out behind the coach, while one arm was behind my head. His knee kept bouncing up and down in an irritating manner and I can tell the others were having a hard time ignoring his presence as well.

-”Oh, but you’ll love the gown, Violette! It’s a beautiful wine color, Bella’s dress is simply gorgeous as well! And Oh my god! You should have seen the ring it was this beautiful oval shaped ring with glistening diamonds and the most amazing band! It was so extravagant!” at the mention of the ring I felt myself shrink down into the size of a quarter….figuratively of course. That sounded like my mother’s ring. ‘So he gave it t her huh?’ I thought to myself. Images of my mother ran through my mind and I tried not to frown. Ironically enough, Jacob’s mood dropped some more at the mention of rings.

-’Damn…that sounds…really expensive…..” I saw him fist his hands together, he glanced at me and then looked back down. What was that about? Who cared if it was expensive? It was a beautiful ring, sure, but it was worth more because it was symbolic and it was my mother’s. ‘I can never afford the kind of things…’ his thoughts began to blur altogether. Come to think of it, everyone’s thoughts were. I heard the door open and in came Bella and Edward. Why was it that somehow Bella always managed to interfere with my ability to read people’s minds when I was like this. I had to concentrate extra hard when she was near. I wondered if Edward had the same problem.

-”Violette! Jacob!” I stood up, so did Jacob and Bella wrapped her hands around me as I did her, the both of us squealing . She turned to Jacob and gave him the same treatment. “You two made it!” I nodded at her.

-”Thanks to Jacob, we managed to arrange so we’d make it here before your big day Bella.” I smiled at her. Jacob smiled when she turned to him, her face lighting up the most I had yet to see.

-”Really?! Oh thank you Jacob! I’m so glad we’ve gotten past all this hostility! I just don’t see why we can’t all get along,” I wanted to laugh at the somewhat false happiness in the air. So this was their idea? Distract Jacob with Bella so that I could leave.

-”Yeah Bellz, wouldn’t miss it.” said Jacob. Bella pulled him to the coach as they began to catch up. They hadn’t talked in so long.

-”Ready?” I looked to Jazz and nodded. Alice and Rosalie coming along. Edward went only half way. We were going to follow the scent I had caught onto earlier. I could already taste the sweet, irony liquid. I felt my eyes go gold before turning into a solid onyx color. Thank goodness I made it out when I had, I could hold it in no more. I let the animal in me take over and ran at full speed, ready to make my kill and head back.

~Jacob’s POV~

I kept talking to Bella, trying to remember when the last time I talked to her was. I had to admit, I had missed. Of course, if I had a say as to where we were to have this reunion, it most certainly wouldn’t have been here of all places. When they had been talking about the wedding, I felt a pang of hurt in my chest. Bella soon wouldn’t be Bella any more. She’d be someone entirely new. Someone more savage, animalistic, wild….monstrous. She’d be…one of them. I looked at them all stopping at the big one, Emmett. The one who practically crushed Violet. Then I realized it. Where was Violet? I noticed a lot of them missing and I let out a growl. Bella jumped, frightened by the sudden hostility.

-”Where is she?” I growled out. Emmett just scoffed before smirking and turning away, his hands crossed. “Where. Is. Violet?” I asked slowly, venom laced into every word.

-”Calm down Jacob, Edward just had a few things to talk to her about. She needed to talk to her brother.” spoke Carlisle.

-”Anything he had to say he could have said in front of me.” I must have sounded vicious since Bella looked frightened. I tried to calm down a bit when I felt myself shake.

-”It’s called privacy.” Scoffed Emmett. I let out a low growl, snarling at him practically.

-”Then why aren’t the psychic, blondy and moodring here, huh?” Emmett hissed at me.

-”Jacob that wasn’t very nice…they didn’t do anything….” she trailed off when I turned my glare onto her too.

-”Yeah well something’s up and I want to know what the hell that -” I was cut off, that bleachy scent stronger now.

-”No Jacob. She’s right. They didn’t do anything.” Violet’s voice sounded less raspy, more melodic. I inhaled and noted that she was covered in that scent. The mind reading leech had his hand on her shoulder while the mood ring had his hand on her back, pushing her forward a little. I growled. Who said they could touch my imprint?

-”Possessive, aren’t you?” asked Edward, smirking.

-”Edward, stop.” I smirked as well when Violet smacked him hard enough to make him actually flinch.

-”Let’s go. We’re leaving.” I told her. She gave everyone hugs and walked on out ahead of me. She was mad. Great…. sighed and gave Bells a final hug before going to her. She waited for me and I went to go change behind a tree. I knew I was pushing my luck, but I went to her, nuzzling her side with my muzzle as I leaned down for her to get on. I wasn’t expecting her to actually do it, but smiled nonetheless when she did. I took off running, trying to ignore the lingering scent of leech that clung to her. I sneezed a bit and I could sense the wind blowing away the bittersweet scent and bringing back the aroma I knew and loved. Once I had made back to Emily’s I saw her get up and walk on towards Sam who waited on outside.

I knew I kind of wanted this confrontation, in hopes of finding out more about Violet…or Violette. Although, seeing the way Sam looked so sternly at her and how depressed my imprint looked. I almost wanted to just back down and take her home where I could make her feel better. Where I could make her mine and show her how sorry I was. She seemed so fragile and delicate under Sam’s gaze, looking small compared to him.

-”So how’d it go…Jacob?” at first I thought he was talking to Violet, and it was obvious she had thought the same. She closed her mouth and looked away, as I saw her shiver.

-”It went….well.” I decided to lie for her. “Nothing went wrong.” I couldn’t help it. She looked scared beyond belief and it broke my heart, and shattered my soul into pieces watching her like this. She looked at me, mouth slightly parted, shocked.

-”Is this true?” Sam turned to her now and she looked behind him to me. I motioned for her to nodd, and she did. “Fine. Don’t give me reason to believe that you’re a threat to my pack Violet. I already don’t bye that tale that you don’t know what you are….or do you know?”

-”I already told what I know Sam. I don’t know anything about my background. I’m adopted remember? The Cullens are my adoptive family.” she was getting frustrated, I could just tell by the way her tongue was poking at the inside of her cheek and she looked away..

-”Fine then….*sigh* I’m sorry, but I need to be cautious to protect my pack and Emily….I hope you understand.” she was quiet, but nodded.

-”Can I go home now?” she spoke quietly. He just nodded. She didn’t even wait for me, just walked on home. I felt anger flush inside of me, but towards myself. I think I needed to have a talk with Sam……