Uncompatible Love

The "Other" Cullen

Ch. 7: The ‘Other’ Cullen*start*

This school seemed pretty average. Gossip girls, sluts, jealous chicks, jocks, preps... drooling pigs…I mean guys. Seriously though can their thoughts be any louder. All I was getting from the girls so far where things like ‘she better stay away from my man’, ‘I’m sooo jealous of her bod right now..,’, ‘next school slut’…oh that one was nice. I had passed a girl with dark hair, glasses and a camera in hand thinking that I looked like a nice person to talk to. I smiled towards her, but the boy standing next to her practically melted thinking I was looking at him. *sigh* As for the guys. One word, disgusting. Let’s just say it all involved ‘ravishing me’, ‘going on a date, or ‘Please don’t have a boyfriend!’ The last one was kinda funny cause I didn’t. I sighed in relief as I saw the attendance desk as I neared the glass doors. I smiled at her politely.

-”Hello.” I said. The middle aged woman looked up with a ‘what now!’ look, but looked at me shocked. I read her thoughts. ‘Wow. I wish my skin looked like that. She looks like she could be a model. Seems to young to be one though’ I frowned in my head. Why does everyone assume I am THAT young. I could pool off being 17!

-”Y…yes? M…May I help you?” I smiled again and nicely asked her,

-”Um…I was just enrolled here. My father is Carlisle Cullen…my name is Violette Elizabeth Mason Cullen…I’m a…sophomore. I was told by my brother to get my schedule here.” I said smiling at he showing my teeth.” I could see she now understood.’ Figures she was the other Cullen they sent…are all of them that good looking…even this one and she’s fairly young…at least this on seems ‘normal’. I felt offended, but that’s what I get for listening in on private thoughts…or anyone’s thoughts for that matter.

-”Here you go Miss Cullen. Just have all you teachers sign this at the end of the day stop by and put it in the bin that says attendance. It’s to make sure you’ve situated yourself quiet well in this school.” She told me. Did she think I was an idiot? It was obvious as to what I had to do. *sigh* She smiled as I said thank you. I looked over my schedule.

1st per: Home Economics room: 202

2nd per: Algebra II Honors room: library

3rd per: Study Hall room: 705

4th per: P.E room: gym

5th per: Biology Honors room: 134

6th per: Study Hall room: library

7th per: English Lit Honors room: 207

8th per: French II room: 115

-”Great the dumb schedule doesn’t even say when’s break.*sigh*”

-”Hey there kiddo” Emmett! Before I could react he snatched my schedule. “Hmmm…you got advance courses…didn’t Carlisle tell you to bring it down a knotch?”

-”I know…but I couldn’t help it…at least this way I won’t die of boredom asss much.” He just sighed handing it to me.

-”Breaks are after every Study Hall. Seems like you got class with Rose and Alice 1st… Study Hall with all of us which means break too…I think Jasper Alice, Edward, Bella 2nd … you got P.E with Bella…Bio and French no one…Study hall… all of us again yes!…and 7th with Edward and Bella.” he said giving it back to me. I hugged him jumping to cling to his neck. He looked around laughing as the others watched my PDA thinking I was here to steel Emmy…EW!!! He patted my back no prob look here comes Rose…she’ll take you to class.” I nodded and she went straight to Em to quiet the whispers of the others to assure them that things weren’t always what they seem.

-”I think she’s the ‘Other’ Cullen we herd about.” I herd many people say as they watched me walk away with Rose.

-”Stinks being new huh….you get used to it…ps the bickering STILL hasn’t ended about us…which I’m sure you’ve herd all the things they’ve said about us.” I nodded no longer smiling.

-” Yes I have and apparently they figure they can get a date with the other SINGLE Cullen…the other half of the school is betting money that I end up with Edward…Ew gross… I hate school*sigh*” I could here all the gossip and everything they thought about me. It made me want to go hide under a rock. Especially when they figured that since the Cullen’s date amongst each other I would end up with Eddy… which was stupid since they knew nothing about me and my BROTHER.

-”Here we are…Look Alice saved us seats…she must have seen what your schedule was going to be.” I simply nodded and headed towards the back near a window.

-”This will be great…and don’t worry your pretty little head short stuff.” said Alice. I scoffed. I may be biologically younger than Alice…but I was taller even if it was only by an inch or two.

-“Just tell me…how many people are going to either ask me out or try and start a fight with me…and will there be any awkward presentations about the new student?” I asked her. She spaced out for a second before Rose nudged her as the teacher came in.

-”Hello student’s…I’ve been informed that we are having a new student…Vio..Violeet..Vio”*sigh*

-”Violette.” I corrected her as I stood up. She smiled at me and I gave her small smile. Many people gasped whispering things like ‘that’s her’ or ‘No way she’s in my class?’

-”Yes well welcome to Fork’s High School…I hear your quiet the little protogee…must feel a little awkward though no…in a class filled with seniors?” I shrugged my shoulders as I bit the inside of my cheek. A nervous habit I picked up. “Would you introduce yourself?” I looked at Alice as she mouthed sorry I knew she had seen this. I stood up again and went towards the front of the class trying to block out the thoughts of the students.

-”Hello.” I said shyly as I waved. “My name is Violette Cullen…I’m…15...just got back…em that’s all…may I sit now?” I asked now looking at the teacher. She nodded, obviously disappointed with my ‘speech’.

-”Yes well, you may take the seat you had next to your…sister?” I nodded signaling that they were indeed that.

The rest of that class was boring as all we did was get introduced with the utensils and cooking safety tips because I was new.*sigh* Alice also warned me that if I didn’t want to join any sports…to do not-so-good in PE today. That and that I’d have to go through another 3 of these awkward presentations and that I’d just have to wait and see how many boys would ask me out. I was sooo happy when that class ended.

-”See ya later kiddo” said Rose as she hugged me and left to join Emmett’s side.

-”Let’s go…I see Jasper…We’ll just have to surprise Bella and Edward.” said Alice as we gracefully made our way towards the next class. (ok classes are boring so I won’t bore you unless I think of something intressting that will happen DURING CLASS)

-”See it wasn’t that bad.” said Jasper as the five of us exited out of 2nd. The girls giggled as Edward still looked mad. I’ll just ask him during break, I didn’t enter his mind because I figured he was collecting his thoughts…same with Bella.

-”Yea…you weren’t the one that got asked out 5 times! AND JUST IN THAT CLASS!” I told him.

-”Yes well…you should have some peace to yourself during study hall.” Me and Edward grunted. At least I knew he was paying attention to our conversation. Either that or he’s really mad.

-”Easy for you to say. Your not the one being asked out.” Jasper quickly made a face and I could tell he was trying to hide his anger. Even though he wasn’t my blood brother I still treated him like it…which meant he was just as protective, without the crazy fighting.

-”Yes well let’s go.” The second I got there all eyes were on us. Especially me. I felt like the new attraction at the zoo. People watching my every move, taking in my every detail anticipating what I will do next. Let’s just say that I officially hate mind reading…now I just felt bad for Edward since he NEVER got a break from this. Isn’t it kind of ironic how he hates listening to people’s thoughts, but the one mind he wishes to read is unreadable? To be honest all we really did in Study Hall was well, Rose and Emmett mad out. Jasper and Alice just stared and smiled…well Jasper tried to…but it looked like it was still hard for him so I tried to make him feel relaxed…it worked. Bella looked like she was in her own planet, same for Edward. I wanted to know what they were thinking, but seriously, is being attacked by ravenous boy thoughts really worth it? Didn’t think so. Me…I was just watching the clock pass by as I thought of just leaving, but Dad wouldn’t be too happy about that and mom would be disappointed in me. You see that’s the thing, I hate disappointing people I’d rather go through this torture.*sigh*

I smiled as I went to sit next to the others as I neared the table I noticed the kind girl with the camera look my way. She was trying to get Bella’s attention.

-”Bella? So will you?” asked Angela. I had tapped into her mind to find out her name. I figured she was in two of my classes anyways and figured it be rude if I didn’t remember it. It’s not that I didn’t remember, it’s just I never knew it.

-”Huh? Sure I’ll help you deliver your invites thanks you’re a life saver.”

-”Mmm. Life savers huh? I personally prefer Jolly Ranchers but?” Suddenly all eyes at the table were on me.

-”Oh Hello. You’re the new girl right?” I nodded my head. “Wow you have really pretty eyes.” I smiled at her. ‘Does Dr. Carlisle only adopt kids with Golden eyes? Guess I better go get me some contacts.’

-”Yea…thanks I guess.” I looked towards the gangs table. They were staring at me waiting for me to go to them. I noticed Edward get up and leave. Weird. “Bella can I talk to you.” she nodded her head. “What’s going on with you and my brother?” I asked getting straight to the point. She was very hesitant, but eventually answered.

-”Do you remember the wolves…the one’s Rosalie mentioned?” I nodded my head for her to continue. “Well one of them, my best friend, yes the one who helped me.” I also knew about how this wolf boy helped heal Bella of her lonely void. “Well he invited me to a bonfire and…well your brother didn’t approve.” ‘But why is he mad at me.’

-”You don’t need his permission Bella. Just go. He’s your boyfriend, not your husband…well at least not yet.” I said smiling and winking at her. She just giggled a little while blushing and fidgeting with her fingers. “So what you should do is…” I trailed off as Edward came closer. Shit now I knew why he was mad and why the others where staring at me. Alice! Damn it!

-”We need to talk” I was going to talk and protest by pointing at Bella, but, “NOW!” He pulled me roughly by my arm. If it wasn’t for the rock hard skin he would have broken my arm. I pulled out of his grasp as we got behind the school. “Class is about to begin so I’ll make this quick.” He stared ahead of me instead of at me. “The wolves are dangerous. I don’t want her anywhere near them so STOP trying to ‘Help’ her understood?” By the time he was done he looked at me waiting for me to reply. I opened my mouth to object, but thanks to the bell.

-”Got to go Ed. Late for class” I said in a harsh voice.

PE. Only one word to describe it…HELL! Do you know how tight the damn clothes are? Do you know how awful it was being so short, yet trying to explain how you were good at EVERYTHING! Damn it! Alice TRIED to warn me, but I was to stubborn, maybe Edward was right and my human side makes me just as stubborn as these mortals. Either way I declined numerous invitations to join sports or once again dates.*sigh* Bella tried to talk to me and ask what Edward wanted, but told her that it was nothing and that he wanted to know whether I had accepted any dates lately. Edward could be very annoying when he gets on protective mode. The bell rang and I left.

The rest of the classes were boring and with all honesty, I didn’t listen to the teacher at all. Although when I tried to take a look at Bella’s future it looked like it just disappeared. I’d have to ask later. When Study Hall arrived everything was quiet. Well our little group was. Everyone either in their own thoughts or making out in Rose and Em’s case. The bell rang and we all exited the library to go ‘eat’. I pulled Bella outside and I saw Edward eye me suspiciously. I instantly turned off his powers from working on me. It usually made my head hurt if I made it last longer than 20 minutes, but I wouldn’t need that much time.

-”Why can’t I see your future?” I asked her

-”…”