Sequel: Ever After Never Came
Status: Finished!

I've Hoped For Change, It Gets Better Everyday

I Did The Wrong Thing To The Right Girl

“Whoa, wait so you and Abby are like together?” Alex exclaimed in disbelief. Jack had just finished explaining what happened in the parking lot not even an hour ago. Zack sat silently and exchanged looks with Rian.

“Well, not really. I don’t know,” Jack admitted. “Why wouldn’t she tell me?” he asked, referring to the new information he’d just learned.

“Maybe it was because you were being a real ass that night?” Zack suggested bitterly. He couldn’t understand why Abby would give Jack the time of day after all the shit he’d put her through.

“I know I was! I feel terrible. It would’ve been my fault if something had happened,” Jack shivered. Abby could’ve been raped that night, and it would be his fault.

“Yeah it would’ve. You’re such a jerk to her. Why would she even talk to you?” Zack snapped.

“Calm down, Zack,” Rian warned. He’d had enough fighting between all his friends. “Can’t we all just get along? I mean really. We used to always be together and never had a problem, now ever since Abby’s joined us; all anyone seems to do is fight.”

“You can’t blame it on Abby! It’s not her fault,” Zack said defensively.

“Yeah, it’s not!” Jack added.

“I’m not saying it is, believe me, I like her. She’s like my little sister, but let’s face it; ever since she came into our lives, all we do is fight. Something has to change. Seeing as Alex and I haven’t gotten into it, I’m guess it has to do with the fact that you two like her,” Rian explained. “So both of you need to discuss it, Alex and me are going to get some food.”

Jack and Zack both looked each other and sighed as Rian and Alex left the room. Neither one knew what to say, but both knew they had tons of words.

“I really like her, Zack. I’m not just messing around.” Jack was the first to break the silence.

“Then why’d it take you so long to realize that?” Zack asked. “Why’d you hurt her?”

Jack didn’t answer, not that Zack actually expected him to. He knows Jack will probably never have an answer, but Zack’s trying here, he’s trying to understand. Jack opened his mouth once, twice, even attempts a third time, but no words came out. In the end, Jack simply shrugged, knowing that it’s not enough, but it’s all he had.

“Whatever, she obviously wants you. If that’s what makes her happy then fine,” Zack sighed. “But if you ever hurt her like that again, I’ll personally make sure you can never walk normally again.”

Jack smiled slightly, not because he thought Zack’s threats were empty, but because at least Zack’s willing to let him try. “Thanks, Zack. I swear I’m done hurting her.”

Zack nodded, hoping it’s the truth. “Then get things straight.”

“So we good?”

“Yeah, we’re good.”

Jack, always having been a hugger, closed in the distance between him and Zack in a second and hugged the bassist with all his might.

“Okay, Jack. This is getting borderline weird. Let go.” Zack pushed against the younger man. Jack chuckled and let go, settling for a side hug, the only ‘appropriate’ PDA for males.

“Well I have a call to make, so I’ll see you later. Tell Alex and Rian that I’m gone,” Jack said, grabbing his backpack and walking out the door.

=~*~ =~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=

I was sitting in my room finishing up my homework when my mom walked in and handed me the phone. I looked at her questioningly.

“It’s Linda,” Mom mouthed. I nodded and took the phone from her.

“Hello?” I said into the receiver. My mom shut the door behind her as she left.

“You little whore.” Linda hissed. “I can’t believe you. You can’t stand that I might actually be happy for once so you take the one thing I care about away?”

I stood and walked over to my window, sliding up the pane and stepping out onto the roof. “What are you talking about Linda? I’m confused.”

“Oh, of course you are. Play stupid, why don’t you?” Linda seethed. “I know about you and Jack!”

Okay, so I can’t say I didn’t see this coming. I mean I attacked him at school and told him I loved him. Of course he’d have to tell Linda about that in order to break it off with her. I stare out across the yard watching the tree branches sway with the breeze. It wasn’t too cold yet, but we were expecting another snow soon.

“I’m sorry?” I asked, not sure if that would suffice. “I don’t really know what to tell you, Linds,” I said.

“Don’t you dare call me that, we’re not friends. You’re a slut and I hate you.”

“Okay, well, is that the only reason you called?” I wasn’t surprised that she was telling me off, but at the same time, I wasn’t going to take her insults.

“You don’t even feel bad about what you did? What kind of person are you?” Linda’s voice cracked and so did my resolve.

“Of course I feel bad, Linda.” I sighed. “But it’s done so what more could I possibly do?” I asked. “I love him, and he loves me. I can’t change what happened and I don’t want to argue with you.”

“You’re breaking apart a family!” Linda was wailing by now, being overly dramatic. I rolled my eyes and suppressed my urge to scoff.

“Linda, you and Jack do not constitute as a family. Unless you’re like pregnant or something, you don’t-” I broke off mid sentence, my eyes widening. “Oh my god, you are, aren’t you?”

The other line was silent. “Linda? Linda, are you there?” I was getting panicky and I wasn’t sure why. Sniffles were the only response to my question.

“Linda, are you pregnant?” I asked slowly.

“Yes,” she replied sobbing. I leaned back against the window pane in shock. This was so not supposed to happen.

“Does Jack know?”

“I was trying to tell him, but he wouldn’t let me say anything. He just broke up with me on the phone and then said he had to go to your house,” Linda cried harder. “I only found out today. He won’t answer any of my phone calls.”

Okay, if I didn’t feel like a home wrecker before, I definitely felt like one now. My cousin was pregnant with Jack’s baby. And I was breaking them apart, color me guilty.

“I – I don’t know what to say.”

“Just forget it, you’ve done enough!” The line clicked, signaling that Linda thought I was done talking. I stared at the phone. Linda had spoken.

I stepped back inside my room in time to hear the doorbell ring. I ran down the stairs, missing the last one and tripping. Jack was looking in through the window laughing. I rolled my eyes as I got up and limped to the door.

“Are you okay?” Jack asked laughing. I glared at him.

“No, I just fell. You’re so mean for laughing,” I chastised. He leaned in to kiss and hug me. I smiled for a second and then frowned, my conversation with Linda replaying in my head. “We need to talk.”

Jack cocked his head to the side. “Okay, what about?”

I led him up the stairs to my room. “For starters, about us and about my cousin.”

He sat against my headboard and patted the space next to him. I joined him and he pulled me into his arms. “Okay so let’s talk.”

I took a deep breath before launching into my discussion. “I like you a lot, we’ve established that much. And you like me, right?” Jack nodded in agreement. “ “Okay, well that was all fine and dandy until ten minutes ago.”

Jack looked very confused. “What happened ten minutes ago?”

“Linda called me,” I said, looking at my hands.

“Oh, well we don’t have to worry about her. I broke up with her already,” Jack dismissed, shaking his head.

“Uh, actually, we do have to worry,” I told him.

“And why’s that?” Jack cuddled me close to him. He hadn’t shaved in a while and the stubble was tickling me, but that was about to be the least of my worries.

“Linda’s pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys, how was that for a huge twist? Well, I guess it really wasn't that big, because some of you already guessed what would happen ----> Akaytoremember =) But still it's like wow, seriously? They were so close.

Well let me know what you guys think. I love to hear them!

Comments = Love!