Status: Updates may be a bit slow. Sorry everyone )=

Give 'Em Hell Kid

Packing

It was going to be one of those mornings, I could tell the moment I was rudely woken up by a midget man screaming and leaping onto my bed. I also knew it was going to be one of those mornings when I screamed falling off of my bed and racked my shoulder on my night stand cutting it open.
“Oh shit! Are you okay?” I groaned gripping it as I looked up at Frank who was peering over the edge of the bed with wide eyes.
“You hurt me Frank.” I mumbled pulling my hand away to see blood.
“Oh shit! Call an ambulance!” he yelled jumping off of my bed.
“Frank I’ll be fine. What the hell are you talking about?” I got up off the floor.
“Yeah you will, but I won’t once your Dad finds out. He’s gonna kill me, I’m too young to die, I’m too pretty Evy. I know you understand that right? Please, please, please don’t let him kill me,” he dropped to his knees and wrapped his arms around my legs pleading. I didn’t know what to say to that, staring down at a grown man who was acting worse than me. I tried walking away but that proved to be impossible with him clinging to me for dear life.
“Um, someone help!” I yelled coming to the conclusion that I wouldn’t be going anywhere. I heard footsteps coming down the hall and mentally thanked them.
“What’s going on?” it was Ray, he took one look in the room, seeing the weirdo at my feet and just laughed.
“Frank what the hell are you doing?” he cocked his head to the side looking down at him.
“He’s going to kill me! I hurt Evy, I didn’t mean to!” he whined finally letting go and rolled onto his back.
“How in the world did you hurt her? What did he do? Attack you or something?” he looked at me incredulously.
“Something like that. Now if you don’t mind, excuse me.” I slipped past him and headed to the bathroom in the hall getting the first aid kit. I shut the door, locking it and pulled off my shirt examining it in the mirror. It didn’t look that bad, maybe it would take a while to heal. I knew it would bruise, I had banged my legs on that thing plenty of times to learn by now. I cleaned it up, pressing some gauze to it before taping it up, pleased with it I pulled my shirt back on and put everything away before heading downstairs.
“Don’t kill me,” Frank whined.
“I’m not going to kill you, now what did you do?” I walked into the kitchen finding all of them standing there, well Uncle Mikey was standing while everyone else was sat down.
“I scared her, she fell. See ask her!” he pointed at me and everyone looked my way.
“Yeah, it’s way too fucking early for this,” I grumbled going to the bread box and got a bagel popping it in the microwave for a few seconds.
“It’s not bad is it?” I looked over wondering who it was that asked.
“Ev?” I looked at Dad who seemed concerned.
“Huh? Oh, it’s fine, I took care of it.” I yawned taking the bagel and made me a cup of coffee.
“Well what happened? You didn’t hit your head did you?” ugh it was too early for questions.
“No, just my shoulder. Don’t kill him,” I caught the time on the wall and groaned.
“Because I get to kill him for waking me up too early.” I grumbled hopping up on the counter and fell back into the wall.
“She is so your kid,” Bob stated looking at Dad.
“What time do you normally get up?” I looked at Ray and shrugged.
“Not this early. On weekends normally noon, school days.... I’m late to school a lot because of it.” he just laughed looking at Dad who shrugged. I picked and ate my bagel, uncomfortable from the silence that had filled the room. Finally I couldn’t take it anymore and I stopped eating, looking at everyone.
“I’m not going to just blow up any moment you know, or disappear. You all are creepy as hell for just sitting here.”
“Well actually, I need to talk to you,” Dad stated rubbing the back of his head.
“I take it that it deals with me packing to leave?” he nodded.
“They only gave us a few days off and the first day well... I knew I wouldn’t get you to pack and then yesterday with the funeral I didn’t even want to bother. But we have to leave tomorrow, I know it’s not a lot of time, but we’re all here to help if you need it. You don’t have to pack everything because we’ve only got about a month left of the tour and then we get a break so we can come and get the rest of your things. Your friend said that she would watch your dogs until then so they’re taken care of.” he explained.
“Wait, so I’m going on tour, with all of you?” they all nodded.
“What about school?”
“I was going to set you up with an online school, and I’m sure at least one of us could help you if you needed it.” I nodded looking down at my empty coffee mug. I knew I would be leaving soon, just not that soon.
“Ok,” I mumbled getting up from my seat putting my mug in the sink and took my half eaten bagel to my room with me.

I had been packing for about an hour, not getting further than my dresser drawers when there was a knock on my door.
“Come in,” I stated zipping up my bag and looked over to see Dad standing there.
“Do you need any help?” I shook my head tossing the bag to the floor and then walked over to my closet grabbing my suitcase and dropped it on my bed.
“You sure?” I nodded opening it up and started pulling clothes off hangers and tossed them in it without bothering to fold them.
“Look, I know it’s on short notice and I also know that we’re not on the best terms right now. Sorry isn’t good enough and I understand that. I just, I don’t know what you want from me. I don’t have an excuse for me not trying to find you and the truth will only upset you. I know that your Mom told you a lot of things, stories that... I just, I want you to know that I did care, I’ve always cared. Walking away was the hardest thing I’ve ever done Evelyn, and there hasn’t been a day where I wonder what would have happened if I didn’t. But I live with it, and I know that right now, the only reason you’re not treating me lower than dirt is because of the fact that you’re hurt. Your Mom just died and your guard is down, I know that once this gets distant then you’ll be back to hating me. But until that day comes, I’m going to use up all of the time because I’ve finally got you back.” he finished shoving his hands back into his pockets and looked at my walls. He was right, he had hit the nail on the head with that one. My guard was down, and the moment it was back up that hate would come back. I walked over zipping up my suit case and eyed my cabinet.
“Do you think you can clean off all of my CD’s and movies?” he looked over at me and nodded going over to it.
“Uh where do you want me to put them exactly?” I looked around my room, trying to remember where I had put my stereo box at. It was new and I hadn’t bothered to trash the cardboard box.
“One moment,” I got down on the floor and tossed my bedding up so I could look under my bed.
“I have a box in here somewhere.” I stated and started to pull everything out from underneath of it.
“Why in the world do you have so much random stuff under there?” he laughed.
“I’m a pack rat, Mom says it was the worst thing I picked up from her.” I stretched touching it with my finger tips and reached out even further, the metal of my bed set digging into the covered cut. I winced finally getting it and pulled it out as I stood up.
“Here, there should be duct tape on top of the cabinet.” I handed it to him and he nodded, popping it back out.
“The guys went to get some more boxes, they should be back in a little bit.” he stated taking the purple duct tape from the top of the cabinet. I went back to my closet grabbing my cardboard tubes and frowned looking at all the posters on my walls.
“Wow, you have a lot of Cd’s,” he stated. I nodded as I started to take my posters down.
“I work at a.. shit, I forgot about that.” I mumbled remembering I actually had a job.
“Forgot about what?” he looked over at me.
“I work at a music store about ten minutes from here, I forgot to call Ben, my boss and tell him that I’ll be quitting. But uh yeah I get discounts so I pretty much buy two CD’s every check. That and I always love going to garage sells, people pretty much throw out good CD’s.” I explained making a mental note to call him later on after I’ve finished packing. We continued packing when he said that he was done.
“Do you want me to put all of this in here as well?” I looked at the mess of books magazines and everything that had been under my bed.
“Sure, if it’ll fit.” I shrugged and went back to taking down my posters.
“Honey, we’re home!” someone who I took as Frank shouted, and soon there was the sound of people coming up the stairs and towards my room. They all entered my room with arm full of boxes and I laughed looking at them.
“Um, I don’t think we’ll need that many you guys. I might have a lot of shit, but it’s pretty much small things.” they all just shrugged and let them fall to the floor.
“What do you want us to pack?” Bob asked holding up sharpie’s and packaging tape.
“Um, just pack anything and everything I guess. For some reason you scare me holding those things.” everyone but Bob laughed, instead he huffed and dropped them.
“Bob wouldn’t hurt a fly, unless that fly is Frank. He’s just a giant teddy bear.” Ray laughed shaking his shoulder.
“Shut it Toro,” he stated, obviously trying not to smile. Strange enough, I was actually enjoying myself. Watching everyone be their own weird self, it was something that Mom had never really gotten. She was the sane one, thinking things logically. She would say that a cloud or a spill looked like a flower or a bird. I was the one who thought they looked like cartoons and monsters. I would go into crazy stories about it, and she would just look at me like I was insane. But around everyone in here, I felt like they wouldn’t look at me like I was insane. I guess my new dysfunctional family wouldn’t be that bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while )= to be honest I kind of forgot about this one.

But, it was a positive update yeah? No fighting or anything. I'm sorry if there are grammar errors, I didn't really look for them when I read back over it.

Let me know what you think?

Dude... 8 stars??? You all are AMAZING!!!