Status: Updates may be a bit slow. Sorry everyone )=

Give 'Em Hell Kid

Morning Departure

There was a constant poking in my shoulder, and the repetitive murmur of my name, but seeing as I was so content in my warm blankets I was refusing to actually acknowledge them. Remembering just how well my little fiasco with Frank blew over, I wasn’t going to put myself in the position of hurting myself again.
“Ev, come on.” they stated a little louder this time and I felt my bed sink in.
“The bus is here and we have to leave in twenty minutes.” I realized it was Dad, but it didn’t matter, I was pretty much dead to the world. Being held captive by the joyous wonders of my bed.
“If you don’t wake up then I’m just going to carry you, so either way you’re going to have to get out of bed.” I groaned into the pillow and rolled over clenching my hands along the edge of the mattress.
“No.” I sated definitively which only made him laugh. I felt my bed move again before arms slid underneath of me.
“What the hell are you doing?” I screamed as he picked me up.
“You can go back to sleep on the bus, but right now we need to load up your things in the van so that way Brian can take them to my house.
“As in... Schechter?” I mused.
“Yeah, why?”
“I’m a fan of the sideburns. Its odd I realize that, but when one of your best friends is a gay guy who so happens to love facial hair, it kind of grows on you.” I explained yawning and rested my head against his chest.
“Your friends are interesting.” he stated as he walked down the stairs.
“Is she seriously asleep? She went to bed at what.... nine last night? She’s slept for like fourteen hours.” Ray stated.
“Dude, she’s my brother’s kid, what the hell do you expect?” Uncle Mikey laughed.
“Yes, well this kid is awake because nobody realizes how much of a light sleeper she can be.” I groaned picking my head up to look at them. Dad let me down slowly and I fixed my shirt looking at all of them.
“Nice hair,” Frankie grinned pulling at it.
“Ow, who the hell do you think you are?” I grumbled smoothing it out.
“I know who I am, do you know who I am?”
“Yeah a midget skittle whore.” He gasped trying to pull an appalled facial expression only it wasn’t working.
“To be honest, I don’t see where she’s wrong.” Ray laughed causing the entire room, excluding me and Frank to laugh. Instead I shuffled into the kitchen only to find my coffee pot gone.
“Where the hell is it? I will kill whoever took it!” I opened up random cabinets, knowing full well that it wouldn’t be in any of them, but not wanting to take any chances.
“Its on the bus, so the quicker you get your bags, the quicker you can have coffee.” Dad shouted from the living room. I groaned heading to the stairs and looked up them.
“Why did you bring me down here when I would only have to go back up?” I whined causing everyone to laugh again.
“Wow bro, she got the laziness from you too!”
“I’m not lazy!” Dad defended, but I didn’t hear the rest of the argument as I ventured upstairs.

When I opened my door I saw my bags laying next to my closet door, all my boxes already gone, and then I looked back at my bed. Weighing my options I walked over and flopped back down on it, though it was cold... and I had no blanket because he took it down with me. Groaning I clung to my pillow and tried to force myself back to sleep.
“Do you need.... well why am I not surprised?” Frankie laughed and I whined.
“Just let me have five minutes. That’s all I want.” I mumbled, I heard him walking but I didn’t know where exactly.
“Well then I guess I’ll just take your things downstairs... you know, what you’re supposed to be doing.” he stated trying to pull the guilt trip.
“That wont work with me.” I laughed picking up my head.
“Yeah, I didn’t think it would, but I still thought I’d try.” Grabbing my duffel bag and suitcase then went to walk out but stopped, turning on his heel he walked over to me.
“I thought I was forgetting something,” he smirked snatching my pillow from beneath my head.
“Hey!” I reached out for it but he jerked it back and then grinned leaving my room.

Sighing I fell back down on top of my bed, my eyes scanning my walls. They were bare now, but it still didn’t take away the memories. I had practically grown up in this house, and now I was leaving it. There was a knocking on my door and rolled my head over to look at whoever it was.

“You know, I’ve never had this many wake up calls before?” I stated making him smile.
“Just checking to make sure you have everything,” his eyes roamed my walls frowning at the mess on the other end.
“I wish you hadn’t of ruined it,” I followed his gaze to see the black paint smeared over my painting.
“I act on impulse, its a nasty habit,” I shrugged sitting up.
The bed dipped and I looked back at him.
“I know that you don’t want to go, but I can’t just leave you here,” he stated softly.
“I’ll just miss it, well mainly my friends. I’m more of a hermit then anything, if it wasn’t for them I’m pretty sure nobody would know I existed outside of you and Mom.”
He only laughed shaking his head.
“Well we can’t have that now can we?”
“Depends,” I mused crossing my legs.
“The uh... movers will be here later on today and your furniture will be taken to my house okay?” I nodded looking down at the chipped fingernail polish.
“I take it its time to go?” I asked looking back up at him and he nodded.
“Well then, come on old man,” I stated getting off my bed and grabbed my comforter and tugged off the sheets.
“Hey I’m not that old,” he defended following me out of my room.
“You have a teenage kid, you’re old.” I stated.
“Right,” he laughed.
“I’m glad we could come to an agreement.”

I made it outside and stopped looking at the tour bus that was parked just at the curb. Looking back at the house I took a deep breath, staring at it like I was trying to burn its image in my mind forever.
“You okay?” his hand gripped my shoulder and I nodded slowly before sighing.
“In time,” I answered clutching my blankets closer to me and walked towards the bus.
I guess there was no turning back now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well in one month and twenty days give or take, it will be one entire long year since my last update.

I am SO sorry!

I've lacked inspiration, and because of that those of you who have subscribed, left comments and have truly been interested in this story have had to suffer.

But.... good news, I'm back! And with a new story (yeah, yeah shameless promoting haha). Do me a favor and check it out? Its based on a true story that happened to me -->You Are Loved

Also because I'm busy trying to update my other stories, I didn't have time to read through it for errors. So I apologize for any mistakes!