Status: Updates may be a bit slow. Sorry everyone )=

Give 'Em Hell Kid

Gerard

I groaned rolling over on my bed and reached out slapping my hand down on my alarm and picked it up. I pushed myself up and read the bright red letters, shit it was almost two. I sat it back down and got out of my empty bed, wait, what the hell? I can’t believe they just up and left me. I sighed grabbing my brush and ran it through my knotted hair, grimacing as it tugged and pulled some hair out. I grabbed a tissue and wiped the smeared eyeliner off before shuffling downstairs. About half way down I realized that something was off, I could hear someone talking in the kitchen but it wasn’t Cory or Shannon. I continued my way down and as I grew closer I recognized Jenna’s voice, but I didn’t know who she was talking to exactly. I stepped into the kitchen and stopped dead in my tracks. She was sat at the far end of the dining table, and he was sitting with his back to me. Her eyes caught me over his shoulder and she stood up.
“Well good afternoon sleeping beauty. Cory and Shannon had to go home, they asked me to tell you that they were sorry.” she walked over to the sink and rinsed out her cup before pulling her sweater off of the chair. My eyes were focused on him, daring him to turn around, and he did too. He slid in his seat, resting his arm on the back of it. His eyes widened landing on me, I probably looked like a stuck up bitch right now. I had my eyes brows raised, a dark glare, my arms were crossed and I was leaning on one foot.
“Well then, I have to get to work. I’ll leave the two of you to catch up. When I get off today we’re going to go and sign the papers.” she explained grabbing her bag and came to me.
“See you sweets, please behave,” she gave me a quick hug and then left. I sighed looking back at him and placed my hands on my hips.
“Evelyn-” he stood up but I put up my hands in defense.
“I don’t care,” and I walked away.
“Evelyn just listen to me,” he followed, which was the complete opposite of what I wanted to happen.
“I don’t have to listen to a damn thing,” I walked into my room and collapsed on my bed staring at my red ceiling.
“We need to talk,” I picked my head up and looked at him leaning against my door frame.
“Ok Gerard, I’m listening,” his eyes narrowed when he heard his name leave my mouth.
“Don’t call me that.” I rolled my eyes and propped myself up on my elbows.
“I’m listening Mr. Way,” I cocked my head to the side looking at him. He sighed stuffing his hands in his front pockets.
“Look I know you’re probably mad at me and I understand that ok? But I want you to just listen to my side of things.”
“Listen? Listen to what exactly? How you just ran off leaving us on our own? How your stupid band was more important than taking two minutes to make a damn phone call, to try and find us? What the hell is there for me to listen to? You abandoned us, you abandoned me!” I yelled sitting up. He looked at me with a hurt and confused expression.
“Abandoned you? You thought that I- that’s what she told you?” I nodded.
“That and how you were turning into a lazy drunk.” I shrugged, he sighed rubbing his forehead before letting his hands fall to his side.
“I don’t drink anymore.”
“And I don’t care,” I shrugged.
“Will you stop acting like this? God you’re still so stubborn,” he whispered something else that I couldn’t make out but I didn’t bother asking. I sat there annoyed while his eyes roamed my decorated wall, stopping on one.
“Did you do that?” I looked over my shoulder at the large mural I had done about two years ago. It was a black and white cloudy background, with grey smoke outlining my favorite comic book characters that I had meshed together. Shit he was an artist and a comic book fanatic, just my luck.
“No, my friend Cory did it.” I lied not looking at him.
“You’re a terrible liar, you know that right?” he asked walking by my bed to get a closer look at it.
“I’m not lying.” I defended.
“Oh yes you are. Besides, Jenna told me about this while you were asleep.” he looked over his shoulder making me groan and fall back on my bed, Jenna would do that to me.
“She also mentioned that your mom talked about how much you’re like me,” now that right there pissed me off. I got up from my bed and walked to my closet, I opened up a trunk that had a variety of paints. Grabbing the black I popped off the metal lid and walked over next to him.
“What are you doing Ev?” I dipped my hand into it and reached up, smearing it all over my art.
“What the hell are you doing? Why would you do that?” he grabbed my arm and looked at me.
“My name is Evelyn and I am nothing like you! Don’t you dare say I am,” I growled ripping my arm from his grip. He shook his head and sighed looking at what used to be my masterpiece then down at the bucket.
“You’re very immature, you realize that right?”
“Only when I want to be, I’m kind of like my mother when it comes to that.” I shot back, a victory smirk plastered on my face.
“Well, get cleaned up, we’re going out,” and he walked away.
“Um, you are because I’m not going anywhere.” I stated as he stopped at my door.
“Too bad, the guys want to see you and I’m your father, what I say’s goes.” and he left. I groaned facing my wall and punched it, regretting it immediately.
“Shit!” I whined rubbing my knuckles. I looked back down at the bucket and sighed, fine I would go. I just hope he doesn’t expect a good reunion.

I rolled down the window on his car looking at the familiar stores flying by, realizing that in a few days I wouldn’t be living here anymore. I had only moved once in my life, well other then to a another house but we always stayed in the same area. When I was four, not long after he had left Mom moved us out of Newark and here to New York. It devastated me, because that’s when I knew that he wasn’t coming back, there would be no more nights of him singing me to sleep, no more time in the park. I sighed resting my forehead against the window and closed my eyes thinking about the last time he had taken me there.

I held onto his hand with the both of mine, skipping along his side as we walked up the grassy hill.
“Daddy will you push me on the swing like last time?” I looked up at him, the sun was shining on his face as he grinned and pulled me up.
“Anything you want pumpkin,” he kissed my cheek making me giggle. When we were close enough like always he put me down and I ran as fast as m little legs would go, and I would fall into the swing and stretch my arms out feeling like a super hero.
“Daddy look! I’m super girl!” I giggled kicking my legs and stretched trying to reach the rocks.
“Yep, look at you,” he pulled me up and sat me down on the seat.
“Push?” I looked up at him.
“What do you say?”
“Pwease?” I pouted, he grabbed the metal chains and walked back pulling me up into the air and let go. I giggled feeling the cool air hit my face and send my hair flying as I went forward and came back only to feel him push me up further into the air. After a while he would hold onto the chains causing me to slow down and the sky grew further away.
“No,” I whined kicking my legs hoping it would make me move faster, he laughed sitting down next to me and looked up at the sky.
“Daddy?” he looked over at me.
“Ev?”
“I love you Daddy.” I slipped from my seat and walked over to him motioning for him to pull me up onto his lap. He pulled up and wrapped his arms around me.
“I love you too baby girl, forever and always.” he kissed the top of my hair.
“Daddy, when I grow up, can I be like you? Because I want to be like you.” I looked up at him, he had a small smile on his face.
“You don’t want to be like me, I’m just a normal person sweets. There’s nothing special about me.” I frowned.
“But you’re my Daddy, you are special. Because my Daddy is the best Daddy and all the kids are jealous because they can’t have you.” I stated crossing my small arms.
“I hope you always think that Evelyn, I pray that you do,” he sighed running his hand through my hair.


Two days later he was gone, if only I had known then, though there wouldn’t have been much, if anything that I could have done. It was moments like those that made me wish that I could go back in time, before my family fell apart. Before I hated him for leaving me, for lying to me. I felt a tear slip down my face and I immediately wiped it away, I wasn’t going to give him that satisfaction. There was a loud slap on the window making me gasp and jump back followed by laughter.
“My partner in crime is all grown up,” I looked at the culprit and was met by a familiar face, Frankie.
“Evy!” he yelled against the window, it was official the pot had ruined his brain
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not that long, and I'm sorry :( I'm being rushed on time because I have a Chem test tomorrow and I desperately need to study.

Comments???
I'll update again when I get five more.