Status: Comment if you think I should keep writing.

Love Never Felt So Right

Sleeping

Tick tock hear the clock countdown
Wish the minute hand could be rewound
So much to do and so much I need to say
Will tomorrow be too late

Feel the moment slip into the past
Like sand through an hourglass
In the madness I guess I just forget
To do all the things I said

Time passes by
Never thought I'd wind up
one step behind
now I've made my mind up

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
gonna make every minute last longer
gonna le...


Was clearly heard throughout the whole car. Vanessa had left her iPod on while she started going to sleep. I wasn’t complaining, though. I actually liked the song One Day Too Late by Skillet. Soon after, I found myself humming along with the beat.

“And to think that you would be lonely with her.” Janet said from the backseat. I looked at her from the rear view mirror. My eye brows met in the middle. She let out a soft chuckle. “Ethan, how come you ignored my question earlier? I think it was pretty loud to me.” She asked cocking her head to the side.

My face switched from confusion to and expressionless look. Of course I heard her. I just didn’t want to bring up that subject on front of Vanessa. That would have made her start asking questions. And she always wanted somebody to answer her questions. At least, from what I can’t tell, she always did.

“Because I didn’t want to bring up the subject in front of Vanessa. She would’ve started to ask what that meant.” I answered truthfully. Janet nodded her head, now understanding why I had kept quiet. “So, where did you go?” I asked changing the subject.

“Oh you know here and there. I guess that made me get a little lost. But none the less, I enjoyed walking around for a little bit.” She said smiling. I smiled back.

Thirty minutes later I found myself parking my car in front of the garage. I live in a very average house in a very boring, average community with a lot of boring old people. All of the houses in my community are all painted the same, brown and beige. My house is a one-level, two-car garaged, overly-small townhouse. When you drive in and first see our house you will notice that to the left is a two-story, larger house and to the right is the same old but with a one-car garage.

Before I got out of the car I tapped Vanessa on the shoulder to wake her up. She didn’t budge a bit. Must be a heavy sleeper. Instead of tapping her again I shook her lightly. This time she grumbled something and tried to move my hand away. I thought it was cute. I was about to shake her again, but a tap on my window beat me to it.

I looked out the window to find Janet standing there with a look that said ‘what the fuck?’. I opened the door quietly a stepped out. I closed the door and went around back to get Vanessa’s duffle bags from the trunk.

“What were you doing?” Janet asked. I decided to play dumb.

“What do you mean?” I asked innocently.

“How come you didn’t shake her harder than this?” Janet said and barely touched my arm. “You always wake me up with a shove or yell.”

“Yeah, well because you’re my sister and shes not.” I said matter-of-factly.

“Nah, I don’t think that’s the only reason. I think shes your soul mate. And you didn’t want to do anything to her.” She said crossing her arms. I shook my head and grabbed all bags. “Well then, if you think that it’s not true then let me wake her up.” She walked around to the passenger side and was about to open the door, which Vanessa was leaning on while sleeping. I let an animalistic growl that surprised both Janet and me.

I didn’t think I could ever do that. I have never ever done it before. But, just thinking Janet might open the door to fast and let Vanessa fall just took me over the edge. I felt like I had to do it myself to make sure nothing would happen to hurt her. The growl was still vibrating in the back of my throat when I stalked to where Janet was. She backed off immediately with her hands up to show she surrendered.

Before I opened the door I made sure that my growling stopped. “Ethan, wait! Before you open the door let me just say, if she wasn’t your soul mate, then why did you get all possessive and protective of her? Your barely know her and you never did that to any other person. Either, if it was girl or boy. You showing that just makes sense that she is.” Janet said in a rushed tone.

“Well, so be it. But, never ever do that again.” I snarled still mad at her what she was about to do. I opened the door carefully, put my knee to keep the door open and let my arms slip around Vanessa’s body as she came almost out with the door. I heard an ‘hmpf’ behind me with the sound of bags being picked up. I saw Janet look at me one more time before disappearing inside the house from the corner of my eye.

I turned all my attention back at Vanessa’s sleeping body form in my arms. She looked so at peace. I didn’t want to disturb her, but I had no choice. I shook her again lightly. This time she snuggled closer to my body and let a soft sigh. I chuckled softly, but none the less shook her again.

Vanessa groaned and opened her eyes. She noticed arms around her and her back pressed against a chest. Twisting her head to look back, her eyes roamed my face before actually landing on my eyes. Her hazel eyes bore into my sea green ones. I felt I was pulled in even though by how close we were. I getting lost before I knew it.

Since I was bended down on my knees, her head was pretty close to mine. Her nose skimmed past mine as she tried to look at both my eyes instead of just one. I could feel her breath mix with mine when we breathed. My eyes darted down for a fraction of second to her lips before looking back up.

I tilted my head to the side a little like I was about to kiss her. And before I could actually she cleared her throat. I backed up instantly. She had to catch herself with the door if she didn’t want to hit face first on the garage floor. I felt my face go beet red.

“Sorry about that.” I said scratching the back of my neck. It was sorta my habit when I got nervous. “You wouldn’t wake when I was in the drivers’ seat, so I got your bags first and then came around this side to wake you up. But, you were leaning on the door so I had to hold you to keep from falling to the floor.”

“Like I just almost did?” She asked with a smile. I couldn’t believe at how calm she looked. Yeah sure, she was just a bit pink, but not like mine. That made me feel even more embarrassed. I covered my face with my hair. I just nodded my head not trusting my voice. She let a small giggle and got out of the car. Before closing the door she got her bag that she had up front.

“So, let’s go inside now.” I said stupidly and walked to the door. I stepped in and stepped to the side to let Vanessa in. Once both inside, I closed the door. I turned around and almost jumped. My family was right there staring at us. They all had smiles on their faces. I could only guess what has those smiles to be there. Janet must’ve told them.

I wasn’t so sure, but I was starting to believe what Janet had said to me before I opened Vanessa’s door. I did get possessive when I wanted to do it myself. And I did get protective when she kept talking about her. Maybe she is.

“Hi, Mom and Dad.” I said walking towards them. Vanessa followed into step behind me. I think she got a little embarrassed when she saw them smiling creepily at her.

“Hi, Honey.” My mom said. She was the first to step closer to us. As she walked closer I noticed Vanessa lean a little more into me. Her hand softly brushed mine. I felt a spark of electricity run through my whole body. I felt heat soon follow the electrifying spark. I blinked rapidly, not knowing that I spaced out.

My mom was now in front of us. She extended her hand towards Vanessa. “Hello, Dear. I am Emily, Ethan’s mother. It’s so nice to finally see you.” Vanessa looked at her hesitantly before taking it and shaking it. She let go after a few seconds.

I heard my dad cough lightly. I looked at him and he gave a knowing stare and then turned it to Vanessa. I growled lightly. I know he’s my dad and everything, but I just couldn’t hold it in. I scratched my throat to make it look and sound like I had throat problems.

“So, Mom, where is Vanessa’s room? I think she might be tired from the ride.” I said. The look of relief flashed in Vanessa’s eyes.

“Actually now that you ask, it was going to be by Janet’s, but then there was a problem. And so it will now be by yours. To be more exact, right beside yours.” She said stepping back. I was choked up.

“But, that’s across the house.” I said confused.

“Yeah, we have the rest of the rooms reserved. Now go show her, her room. She must tired.” My mom said.

I groaned, but none the less followed what my mom told me what to do.