Status: Comment if you think I should keep writing.

Love Never Felt So Right

Honest

Letting the hot steamy water of the shower wash over felt so right, like, it was washing away all my troubles and were being drained down with the rest of the water. I don’t know how long I stayed in there, but the water had started to get colder and colder. I stayed under the cols water for a few more minutes before I decided that I liked the hot better than the cold.

After I was done getting dressed in my normal sleeping attire, which were just some old, ratty, gray sweats and a plain black tank top. I had thrown my hair in a messy bun with my bangs in front of my face. I sat on the edge of my bed with a sigh.

To say the least, I was starved. I hadn’t eaten anything since the morning, to which now seemed to be almost yesterday. I wanted to get something to eat before I went to sleep. I’m going to get a late snack and hope that I don’t wake anybody up. Everybody still seemed like strangers, except Ethan. But, that was only because I had spent more time with him. And well he threatened me if I left again. I didn’t think it was serious, though. He didn’t look so serious, like, if he hurt me he would regret it.

I stepped out of my room quietly. I looked to my right and found Ethan’s door opened slightly. In order to get to the kitchen I had to pass his room. I barely heard my footsteps as I started walking. I peered in Ethan’s room when I passed it. He wasn’t on his bed because there seemed to be nothing there except bed sheets. He was most likely in his restroom or something.

I turned my head back facing forward and started to walk again. I couldn’t see well in the dark, so I had to feel along the walls. After a few seconds and some rapid blinking I was able walk without having my hands on the wall. As I neared the kitchen I saw a little light on, but didn’t think much of it. It was probably just a little light that was left on.

When I rounded the corner into the kitchen I saw a body hunched over a small bowl on the island. As I neared I noticed it was Ethan. Maybe he wanted a late snack, too. But, how can he possibly be eating in this very little light?

“Hey.” I said softly. He looked up surprised. But he just nodded his head towards me. “What you eating?” I asked looking at the bowl.

“Cereal.” Was all he said. He scooped up another spoon and put it in his mouth.

“How can you eat in this little amount of light?” I asked pointing at the light that was switched on, on top of the stove. Ethan started to chew a little slower and once he swallowed he pursed his lips off to the side in a cute kinda way. He looked between me and the light, like he expected the light to say something. Finally, his eyes landed on me.

“I have good eye sight.” He murmured. I let out a quiet chuckle and shook my head slightly. I think he noticed me eyeing his cereal bowl because next thing I know he’s getting up and reaching over to get another bowl.

Once there was cereal inside with some milk that was left in the gallon he had off to the side and a spoon in it, he pushed it the stool next to him. I took it as an invitation and sat down next to him. As it turned out he was eating some Fruit Loops.

“So, what you are doing in here so late?” I asked glancing at him from the corner of my eye.

“I was kinda hungry.” He said sheepishly.

“Oh, thank god I wasn’t the only one.” I said grinning at him He grinned back in response.

“So, what’s your favorite color?” I asked trying to make some conversation. His grin grew bigger.

“To be honest, green. Yours?” He said after some thought.

“Same. And can I ask you something? I don’t want to sound nosy.” I asked looking at him straight in the eye.

“You just did.” He said his eyes sparkling with amusement.

“Okay then, can I ask another one?” I asked patiently.

“You just did again.” He said smiling like an animal. I smacked his arm playfully.

“You know what I mean.” I exclaimed. He nodded his head as to say go ahead and ask.

“How old are you? I mean you. . . Okay, I can’t explain right now, but I had a reason to ask a while ago. I just forgot.” I said in a rushed tone. He started to drink his milk from the bowl. I waited and watched.

“Why does it matter?” He finally said. Why does it matter? Guess I’m the kind of girl who if I have a question about something or if I want to know something, I have to get the answer. And Ethan is about to find out.

“Because I’m curious.” I said. I got up from the stool and went towards the sink. I started to rinse and wash my bowl. I reached over to get Ethan’s. Just because I never been here before doesn’t mean I have to leave dirty dishes that I used laying around for somebody else to wash.

“Well, if you so want to know,” I nodded my head anxious to know. “I’m twenty.” He finally said. Hmm. So that explains the slight beard he has. I just nodded my head.

“What’s your favorite animal?” He asked after he noticed that I wasn’t going to say anything. I thought it was pretty random, but ehh.

“Umm. . . Wolves. They really fascinate me.” I said drying my hands with a napkin. Ethan’s eyes darkened slightly before going back to normal.

I noticed that he sniffed the air again. He tried to make it not noticeable, but since I was looking at him I did. His eyes darted in the direction of the hallway of our rooms. I looked that and saw nothing. I turned back to face Ethan. He had a small smile when I looked him. When my eyes came upon his I felt a spark run through my body.

I felt a certain pull that made me want to go up him and kiss him. The longer I looked the faster my heart started to beat. I had to resist the urge to walk anywhere near him. I put on a forced smile.

“Well, thanks for the cereal. I’m gonna go to bed now. It’s late and I’m tired.” I said pointing my thumb back and started walk back words. He just smiled and said good night. I quickly turned around and walked to my room. Once I got there I closed my door and leaned on it.

As I walked in my room, I felt wind pass me. I looked to my side to find my window open. Odd, I knew I left closed. I hadn’t even walked anywhere near the window. I stared at it for a few more minutes before deciding to close it. Well, maybe I did, but I would remember. Guess it’s like they say, the older you get the more you forget. But, isn’t it till you get much older. I shrugged and closed the blinds too.

I walked over to my bed and got it ready. Right before I got under the covers I always turn the light in the night stand off. A letter was sitting by the little clock. I knew it wasn’t there before. I would have noticed it when I looked around.

I though maybe it they had put it in the wrong room, but it was too late for anybody to come here. And I would have at least noticed somebody else walk in the kitchen. Except, it wasn’t in the wrong room. My name was written on the front in cursive writing. Since it had my name I opened it.

Dear Robert & Ann,
How long has it been? A while of course. Well, I have some unfinished business with you. And her name is Vanessa Moore. I believe I have told you what I had wanted you to do with her. And that has yet to happen. If you don’t kill her soon, I will send somebody who can. If you have grown attached you must say goodbye soon. I trusted you to do the job. And when you accomplish it I will give you your money. I know you might not need it, but who knows. I want it done soon. Or YOU will pay.

Yours sincerely,
V.A.E.

I hope this letter showed you something little girl. Your “Parents” showed great love, huh? I know where you are now. And there’s nobody who is going to stop me from getting you. NOBODY. Not even the stupid Wolves you’re living with. I will make you fear every moment. Remember I am always watching. I will get you soon.


I reread it over and over again. By the time I finally understood I let out a small screech. My heart was beating so fast I thought it would pop out of my chest. The door slammed open and in came Ethan and the rest of his family. They looked around the room expecting to find something. Ethan was the first to step forward.

“What’s wrong?” He asked crouching in front of me. Concern was filled in his eyes. I showed him the letter. He read it over and then threw it over to his parents. His dad grabbed it and started to read it. My attention was turned back to Ethan when he grabbed a hold of my hands. He looked at me dead in the eye with so much seriousness.

“I won’t let anyone touch you.” He said with veracity. I knew he was telling the truth. There was no doubt in my mind. I squeezed his hands. But there was one thing I can’t get out of my mind.

“You’re a wolf.” I said in statement not question.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!