My Desperate Endeavor To Find My Whoever.

Everything I'm Not

"'Cause the girl that you want
She was tearin' us apart
'Cause she's everything
Everything I'm not"


If there was ever a time for those moments in tv shows where they look at the sky and scream. "NOOOOOOOOO!!" it was now.

I hung my head, and sighed loudly.

Fuck. My. Life.

Alex walked over to Jack they whispered for a moment, and he made his way out of the room.

"Ugh." I flopped back and stretched out across the couch, pulling a pillow over my face.

My cheeks were still burning, and I was a little bit angry with the world.

Jack came, picked up my legs and sat underneath, setting them in his lap.

"Andrea, why are you blushing?" He asked me.

"Because, Alex asked me if I thought he was attractive...and NEH." Which wasn't a total lie...

"Well you do know why he asked you that?" Jack asked me, in a 'duh' tone.

"Why?"

"Because he fucking likes you!"

"Jack Barakat, do you know something I don't?" I asked him removing the pillow.

"No, he hasn't said anything, but if you ask me, it's pretty fucking obvious!" He finished with an eye roll.

"You're not the first one to tell me that." I said returning it."Jack?"

"Yeah?"

"Is she here to ask him to take her back?"

"My guess is yes."

"Oh." I was silent. "And Jack?"

"Hm?"

"Do you think he's gonna take her back?"

"Andrea...I don't know."

***

Alex's P.O.V.

I couldn't help myself from thinking 'Why does she decide to show up now?'. I was doing perfectly fine without her.

Seriously.

I shook my head a and stood up.

I walked over to Jack, and stopped where he was. I whispered to him, "Why's she here?"

"I dunno, dude," Jack replied. "She just said she wanted to see you."

I shook my head again and walked over out of the lounge. I continued on, until I found her standing near the door.

About as soon as I walked in the room, her head snapped up.

A smile spread miles across her face. Me though, well. Let's just say that I wasn't nearly as happy.

"Hey," She said quietly.

"Hey."

Silence.

"Aren't you wondering why I'm here?" Lisa asked me, still grinning as she played with the hem of her shorts.

"Uh...a little." I replied, still indifferent.

"Well. I missed you. And I'm sorry. And I want you to...to take me back." She said, still quiet.

After everything we've been here, she came for me.

I didn't know what to say.

I mean, I've been with her since high school. I always thought we were perfect, but recently, things seem to have changed.

But she was still the same girl I loved in high school, right?

People change, I always thought I knew her. Yet ever since I met Andrea, that seems to have been proven wrong.

I was totally and utterly conflicted. I didn't know what to do, because ever since I met Lisa, i had always thought she was "the one."

I had never once questioned whether we were meant to be together.

Lately though...

I guess the final question is, do I want her back?

***

Andrea's P.O.V.

When Lisa showed up, I had thought that after all this crap, there was no way in hell that Alex would ever take her back.

I was obviously proven wrong.

If he hadn't taken her back, I wouldn't be silently crying to myself, over the disturbing noises I was now facing.

I felt like punching a wall.

I felt like bawling as loud as I could.

I felt like nothing was going my way-it never was.

Yes, I'm that angry.

Yes, I'm that hurt.

Yes, I felt that hopeless.

And honestly, it wasn't just because I loved Alex, there was more to it.

But at the moment, I didn't know what it was.