I'm Not Okay I Promise

You Promised Me

The next day I woke up with swollen eyes because of all the crying, luckily Nia calmed me down and got me to sleep. I washed my face and I wore some clothes and a scarf; since it was autumn.

I went outside and I took a stroll at the park outside. I sat by an empty bench and I looked around the view, orange leaves falling down from the trees. I saw a familiar figure walk by and I swore that he noticed me, he sat down beside me but I ignored him.

"Hi Terri." He said as he waved his hand, I looked at him and I saw fresh cuts. I took his arm and I looked at his cuts closely.

"A lot of leaves on the ground..." He said as he looked at my face, he touched my cheek.

"Don't mind those wounds!" He said and he hid the wounds.

"You did those because of me right?!" I said as I fell on his chest, I started to cry knowing that I was the burden that he's been carrying.

"You promised me that you'd never kill yourself again!" I said as I tried to free myself from his touch.

"I can't take this anymore Terri, I'm in love with you! I can't stand that we can't be together." He said as he hugged me tighter, I could hear his heart beating. I pushed him away and I scooted a bit further from him.

"I don't want you to get hurt Gerard! Brad will only hurt you!" I said as I looked away and wiped my tears.

"So you'll act like you're happy with him, just for me?!" He said as he pulled me closer, but I pushed him away.

"Yes! I'll do that for you, because you are my friend... Nothing more, nothing less." I said as I looked at his face.

"I love you Terri! Do you love me back?" He asked me and I began to cry.

"No! we're just friends!" I said as I ran away from him I went deeper into the forest but Gerard ran after me, he tackled me to the ground.

"I know you like me too!" He said as he looked at me and pulled me up.

"I don't, you'll only get hurt!" I said as I looked at him.

"No I won't, I'll do anything for you..." He said as he tried to kiss my lips, I avoided the kiss and I looked away.

"We're just not meant to be..." I paused. " I'm a prep you're an outcast..." I said to his face.

"Do those groups have anything to do with us? I'm just another boy and you're just another girl, I don't care if you're a prep! I don't care if I'm an outcast!" He said as he looked at me, I collapsed to the ground, staring at the trees. Gerard sat right next to me and I leaned my head over his shoulder.

"I wish everything could always be this way..." He said as he looked at me.

"But it can't! This is the last time I'm ever gonna see you or talk to you again... After I return to my dorm I'm all Brad's... we won't know each other anymore." I said and I kissed him softly on the lips, the kiss was heavenly. I broke the kiss and I touched his cheek.

"I can never kiss you again, I am doing this for you sake Gerard, I'll miss you..." I said as I tried to walk away. He pulled my arm and I sat down again.

"If this is the last kiss I'm ever gonna get from you, we should make it the bast kiss ever yet..." He leaned against me and his lips crashed into mine. We kissed passionately for two minutes as I noticed that I should leave now.

"I'll miss you Gerard, I'll remember our kiss until we meet again." I said as I stood up, he grabbed my arm and he gave me a hug, I felt his tears fall down on my shoulder. I let go of him and I went back to my dorm.

I saw Brad sitting at my bed when I came back, I ignored him and I went to my closet.

"No kiss?" He asked me, I glanced over him with an annoyed face.

"Get out of here you pig!" I said as I threw some hangers on him.

"I'm sorry... I'll make it up to you, tell you what, let's go to the restaurant for dinner later." He said and I looked at him.

"Later 7:00" He said and he walked out.

Should I really go to dinner with this prick?!
If he does any funny business he'll get my slaps all over his face.


I looked inside my bag and I remembered getting Ray and Melinda together! I forgot... I called Nia on my cellphone and she finally answered after a few minutes.

"Hi Nia!" I said on the phone.

"Hi Terri, did you know that Gerard tried to kill himself last night?" She told me and I said yes.

"Could you carry out my matchmaking plan tomorrow..." I asked her.

"Ok, I'll get the stuff later ok?" She asked.

"Ok, videotape the whole thing for me please?" I asked her.

"Sure!" She said and I placed my bag on my desk.

"Well, I better get some rest because tomorrow, we have English Class." I said.

"Well, get some rest ok?" she asked with a concerned voice.

"Ok, have a great day Nia!" I said as I hung up the phone, I locked my door and I took a nap.