I'm Not Okay I Promise

Melinda

I woke up the next morning and I took a shower, I dressed in my uniform and I went to English Class. I went to my chair and I saw a note, I recognized the writing as Ray's. I read the note and it said:

Thank you very much Terri!
Melinda got to know me better and she said that we could hang out again!
You're a genius, a real matchmaker!
Thank you very much! : )

-Ray and my fro!


I thought about it and I would really like to see the video Nia took. I went to my next class which is Art, I took my seat and I waited for our teacher, Ms. Ivory to come in. I was really shocked when I saw Gerard come in, he waved at the other students and he gave me a smile. The only vacant seat left was beside me, so he sat down and he looked at me.

"Hi Terri." He said and the Ms. Ivory came in, she told everyone that Gerard, her top student would permanently take her class at this time.

Great! Gerard is here! How will I concentrate without looking at him?!

My mind began to argue about this situation, Ms. Ivory fixed her things and she wrote something at the blackboard. It said:

Draw a portrait of the person you love most

After a few seconds I began to draw, Gerard took a lot of glances at me at that time. I put my paintbrush down and I looked at him.

"What?" I asked him, he gave me a smile.

"I'm drawing a portrait of you!" He said and he was so sweet to draw a portrait of me. I wanted to kiss him right now but I know I couldn't I went back to my work after that. I went back to my dorm after class, Gerard went to the same direction as I did. when I was almost close to my room. He grabbed my waist and he kissed me in the lips, more like a dip kiss.
He broke the kiss and he looked around, luckily no one was there.

"What did you do that for?" I asked him, he touched my cheek.

"I still love you Terri, and I will always be yours..." He said as he walked away. I didn't really expect that he'd do that, luckily no jocks, preps or anyone in sight but us. I went back to my room and I called Nia.

"Hello?" She said on the phone, I giggled.

"Hi Nia! It's me Terri!" I said and she began to laugh.

"Oh hi Terri! Come by to my dorm so we could watch the tape!" She said excitedly.

"You read my mind!" I said and I grabbed my bag and went to Nia's dorm.

"I'll wait ok?" She said.

"Ok, order pizza!" I said with a smile. I hung up the phone and I went to Nia's dorm. I saw Nia sitting at her bed, facing the TV. I sat down, she took the tape and we watched it. It all happened like this:

- Video -

The corridor...

Melinda went to her locker, she found a note and it said :

Please tutor me, I'll wait for you at the library...

She closed her locker and she went to the library. Ray found a note in his locker too... It said:

Ray, meet me, Frank, Mikey and Bob at the library...

Ray went to the library too, he saw at table and he sat down, Melinda went in. She saw Ray and she sat down, Ray was blushing when Melinda sat down. She giggled and she began to talk.

"H-h-hi M-melinda!" He said while he was shaking.

"Are you the guy who sent me here to tutor you?" She asked.

"N-n-n-no!" He said as he looked around.

"Why did you bite a crayon the other day?" She asked Ray.

"I wanted to get your attention..." He said and Melinda looked at him.

"How sweet!" She said and Ray began to get more uncomfortable.

"Really, thanks!" He said and he calmed down, he didn't blush and he didn't shake.

"I like you Melinda!" Ray said and Melinda blushed.

"Thanks Ray, you're the first ever person who liked me!" She said and Ray blushed.

"You're welcome, with you're new look more guys will like you!" Ray said as he looked around the library.

"Can you tutor me some other time?" Ray asked Melinda and Melinda nodded.

"We could hang out at the Cafeteria some time!" Melinda said and she smiled, revealing her perfectly white teeth. They went outside and the video stopped.

- End of Video -

"Wow that was great!" I said as I took a bite of some pizza.

"You're really a great matchmaker!" Nia complimented me.

"I'm the lousiest one, I can make other people's love lives but mine is screwed up!" I said as she joked about matchmaking, she made me giggle.

"I wish that I can kiss Gerard again..." I said to her.

"That will happen someday, but just not now." She said and I went to my next class.

"Where are you going?" She asked me.

"To History Class." I said as I walked out of the room, smiling.