I'm Not Okay I Promise

Odessa Myers

A month later, Brad and Terri are beginning to get along great... Gerard and the others already started their band. Frank and Monica are now a couple. Ray and Melinda are still friends. Mikey likes Nia but he doesn't tell. Gerard moves on knowing that Terri's happy with Brad...

I woke up the next day, and I saw Nia frowning at the side of my bed. I washed my face and I fixed my hair, I sat down beside her and I talked to her.

"Good morning Nia!" I said with a smile.

"Good morning Terri, there's bad news... Odessa's back!" She said, I thought to myself, who's Odessa? And I began to get afraid to ask.

"W-who's Odessa!?" I asked her, she didn't speak for a while and I looked around my room.

"The head cheerleader of Loyola High!" She said, I was shocked... Knowing that Monica is head!

"I thought Monica is head cheerleader?!" I said to her.

"She's just in charge until Odessa comes back, Odessa came back from her 3 month trip to Milan." She said and I panicked.

"Why are you telling me about this?! What's my connection to Odessa?" I asked her, she looked down at the floor and she sighed. She looked at me with a sad look.

"She's dating Gerard!" Nia said, it broke my heart when I heard the word dating! I can't believe this! There must be proof! I dressed up in my school uniform and I went outside. I went to the cafeteria with Nia. To my surprise, Odessa is with Gerard! Gerard snaked his hand around her waist. I felt like I was starting to cry when I saw him with her.

Image
Odessa Myers

I took some food and Nia and I sat down at a table close to Gerard and Odessa's, I saw them kiss. It's true! They are together... I felt like I want to bang my head on the table but I can't, picking Brad over Gerard.

"I should have picked him! It's better if I pick him and become an outcast unlike picking Brad and being miserable, looking at them from afar, kissing!" I said as Brad came in. He sat down beside me. He gave me a light kiss in the lips.

"Good morning my Terri!" He said and I smiled, I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Good morning to Brad!" I said and he smiled.

"Can we have dinner later?" He asked me and I looked at Nia.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Because Odessa and Gerard invited us!" He said and he snaked his arm around my waist. I felt uncomfortable seeing them have dinner with us, with all the kissing and the hugs.

"You mean like a double date?!" I asked him and I began to sweat, feeling nervous.

"Yup! But Nia can come too if you like!" Brad said and I smiled.

"Nia can go with us! Just pick a date ok?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Sure, we can go!" I said as Brad kissed me in the cheek. I left the cafeteria and I locked myself up on my room. I started to cry.

"Why would he do this to me?! He said "I'll always be yours," but now he's with Odessa!" I said as I buried my face on my pillow. I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I said, it was Brad. It's ok if he came in, he understood that I like Gerard and that I'm ok with being his girlfriend. He wiped my tears and he gave me a hug.

"Oh Brad!" I said as I cried on his shoulder, he gave me a kiss and he touched my cheek.

"Babe! I know you like Gerard, but now that you're mine we can still make this work. Remember the first days when I was your's... Spagghetti got spilled all over me on our first date!" He said with a smile, I giggled.

"See? You can still be happy with me?" He said and I smiled.

"You should wipe off your tears now, so you'll look gorgeous with the new dress I bought you!" He said and I wiped of my tears.

"You bought me a dress?" I said and he smiled.

"I'd buy anything that money can buy for you..." He said and he gave me a box. I looked inside and I saw a blue and black dress. It looked like this:

Image

"It's so pretty Brad! Where did you buy it?" I asked him.

"I bought it from France!" He said and I began to jump around smiling and I hugged him.

"Thank you Brad!" I said and I smiled.

"Anything money can buy for you!" He said and he gave me a kiss.

"You should got o the salon, Nia is waiting for you there." He said and he left. I went down the hall and I saw Gerard all alone. I talked to him.

"Who's Odessa?!" I asked him.

"My girlfriend!" He said and I felt hurt.

"I thought you'll always be mine?" I asked him.

"But that would never work, you'll leave me here lonely while you have a boyfriend. I don't expect that we'd still be together because it's no use! You're happy with Brad!" He said and he touched my cheek, I slapped his hand away.

"You liar!" I said as I ran to the salon. I sat on a vacant chair next to Nia.

"He said it wouldn't work if he waited for me!" I said as I shed a tear.

"You still have Brad! He's better than that lying jerk!" She said and I wiped away my tear.

"You're right! Let's just enjoy what we have, I'm better off with Brad anyway!" I said as we talked all day at the salon. I went back to my room to get a nice nap.