I'm Not Okay I Promise

Getting To Know Terri Ratchet

I woke up the next day, still in my dress. I looked around and I stood up, I went to the shower to take a bath. I didn't remember anything from last night, except for my fight with Gerard. I got dressed and I went outside to Nia's dorm. I saw Nia in her bed, still asleep.

"Wake up Nia." I said and she woke up.

"Good morning Terri." She said with a smile and she went to her bathroom. I sat on her bed.

"What happened last night?" I asked her and I closed my sleepy eyes.

"Remember? The triple date with Gerard and Odessa." She said and she went out of the bathroom in her uniform and wet hair. She went to her dresser and she brushed her hair.

"Oh, I still can't remember anything..." I said and she looked at me.

"You should ask Gerard, he went to the same dorm as your's right?" She said and I nodded, making my way outside.

"Thanks Nia!" I said with a smile.

"You're welcome Terri, see you in English Class." She said and I knocked on Gerard's dorm, I opened the door and I saw Gerard in bed with Odessa.

"Oh, sorry about disturbing you two, you can continue what you're doing now..." I said while they looked at me with a shocked expression.I felt sad again, thinking this would be a better day then yesterday. I ran to my dorm, 5 rooms away from Gerard's. I slammed the door shut and I sat on my bed.

I should think of something else, not him! I have Brad anyway!

I heard a knock on my door and I opened the door, I saw that it was Gerard... Still wrapped around his blanket.

"Hi Terri..." He said, I looked at him and I giggled.

"No clothes?" I said while laughing, he blushed and nodded.

"So?" I looked at him and I sighed.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, to make it up to you, can we hang out later?" He asked me and I said yes.

"I forgive you! Just make sure that you wear clothes." I said and I giggled, Gerard went back to his room with a smile. I dressed up in black jeans and a blue shirt. I took my bag, and I took out some things to do from my closet. I waited for Gerard outside his room.

- Gerard's POV -

I wore some clothes and I went outside, Odessa woke up and she saw me all dressed up. She got up and gave me a kiss.

"Good morning Odessa!" I said as I went outside.

"Where are you going?" She pouted and dropped her blanket.

"Get some clothes on." I said as I stared at her body.

"You don't want to?" she said seductively, I looked away and I shook my head.

"I'm going to watch a movie with Terri." I said and she went to my bathroom with a smile.

"Enjoy your day with Terri." She said and she closed the bathroom door. I went outside and I gave her a hug.

"Ready to go?" She said with her beautiful smile, that's another reason why I like her. I grabbed her hand and we went to the theater. We took two seats close to the screen. after a few minutes, Terri got bored.

"Gerard, I don't like this movie." She said and we went outside.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked her. She took out a CD from her bag, It said : "Mirror Mask" She grabbed me by the hand and we went to Nia's room.

- Terri's POV -

We went to Nia's room and we took some seats, Nia ordered some pizza for us. How nice of her, and she left us alone. We watched the movie silently, we didn't speak to each other for the half of the movie until we got to this part:



That is why all the boys in town
Follow you all around.
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.


He began to sing along on his own tune like he was serenading me. I smiled and he moved closer.

"You have a great voice." I said and we moved closer to each other, almost close to kissing each other, I thought about Brad and I just kissed his cheek.

"Why?" He asked and I looked back at the screen.

"This is Nia's room, and you and I have someone else..." I said and I looked at him frown.

"Oh, sorry." He said while he touched his cheek. After the movie, we went to the cafe. We took a seat. The waiter came by and took our orders.

"What did you order?" Gerard asked me, I stared at his perfect hazel eyes for a moment, then I stopped.

"Oh, I ordered some Chocolate Mousse cake." I said with a smile. He smiled back at me.

"Tell me Gerard, why did a guy as hot as you end up being an outcast?" I asked him.

"You think I'm hot?!" He said looking at me.

"Of, course. Not just hot, perfect!" I said and I moved closer to him. I was about to kiss him again, I can't help it! I scooted away.

"Ok, I'll tell you the whole story... We were just normal once, not really outcasts when me and the others played spin the bottle. It pointed out to me and I took dare, Ray told me to make out with Frank or drink from the toilet. Of course you'd rather kiss a guy than drink from a toilet bowl. So I did it, a prep named Lucinda, Mikey's ex-girlfriend came in to our room to talk to Mikey, when she saw us kissing, she told people we were gay and we became outcasts." He said and the waiter gave us our orders.

"Want some cake?" I asked him while I took a bite.

"Nah!" He said while he drank some of his coffee.

"Come on!" I said and he nodded, I fed him a bite and I ate more of my cake.

"So how did it taste?" I asked him. He smiled.

"Yummy!" He said and we stood up after finishing my cake, we walked by the park holding hands, like a couple. I smiled while I looked at him, enjoying our walk around or simply "friendly date". We sat down by a bench.

"So that's why you became an outcast..." I said as I looked around, leaves falling everywhere, almost cold because winter is coming. I forgot my jacket, Gerard took off his jacket and he gave it to me.

"Odessa is so lucky to be with someone like you!" I said and he looked at me.

"It's the other way around, I'm so lucky to have someone like her." He said and he touched my cheek, I blushed.

"You're blushing." He said and he giggled. I looked at him too.

"But I'm the luckiest person to have a friend like you." He said and he gave me a hug. We stood up.

"We should go back to our dorms now, It's almost evening." He said and I grabbed his arm. We went back to my dorm and I gave him a hug.

"Thank you Gerard!" I said and I kissed him tenderly on the lips, I broke the kiss as soon as I remembered that he wasn't mine.

"Sorry about that..." I said and he gave me a hug.

"It's ok Terri." He said and he went back to his dorm. I closed the door, dressed in my clothes and I sat on my bed. I remembered him sing the song from Mirror Mask; Close to you. I smiled and I fell asleep.