I'm Not Okay I Promise

The Dance

I woke up the next day from the sweetest dream I have ever had, maybe it's because I spent time with Gerard yesterday. I got up with a smile, I went to the bathroom and I took a bath and I wore some clothes. I looked at my desk and I saw a note, I took it and I read it :

My dearest Terri Ratchet,
Your eyes glimmer like the moonlight,
Your smile, like the sun, brightens my day...

Meet me at the park by the lake later...
-Anonymous


I held the note in my hand, thinking about who sent this note... Could it be Gerard? I smiled knowing that he maybe the one who sent this card. I began to change in some warm clothes and I went outside to eat breakfast. I went to the cafe to get some coffee and cake, I ate my breakfast and I looked at my cellphone. I think I should call Nia, I picked up the phone and I called Nia. She picked up the phone.

"Hi Terri! Good morning." She said and I smiled.

"I got another anonymous letter, who could it be?" I asked her and I saw Gerard and Odessa come in.

"I don't know who it is, you think it's Gerard?" She asked me.

"Well then, I should just go later right?" I said and I looked at Gerard and Odessa as they took a seat.

"I think it's not Gerard." I said and I saw them kiss.

"Why Terri?" She asked me.

"He's happy with Odessa, what can I do? There's nothing else I could do but to go to the park later." I said and I stood up, they saw me and they waved hello.

"Sure, can I talk to you later? Me and Ian are going to Yellow Cab for some pizza later." She said and I went to the door.

"Ok, have a nice day with Ian." I said and I hung up the phone, I passed by Gerard and Odessa's table and I waved back. I went outside to take a walk around before I go to the park, I went by the pool. I remembered the time Gerard and I took a swim, and the time that he wanted to kill himself because of me. I took a seat by the pool and I looked around.

It's a nice view, you can see the blue skies from here. I stood up and I went back to my dorm, I saw Gerard sitting by my bed and I said hello.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, he looked at me. I sat down by his side.

"Hello? Say something Gerard!" I said and I stood up, he grabbed my hand and he kissed my lips. He laid me down on the bed and minutes later, we were making out. I knew that it was wrong to cheat on Brad but I couldn't help it! He began to take off my sweater. I gasped when he removed my pants, now in my underwear, I had to stop him.

"Gerard?" I said nervously, but he won't stop. He was about to pull of my underwear when I shoved him away.

"Why?" He asked me. I stared at him.

"Come on Terri." He said and he went closer.

"No! I have a boyfriend Gerard, you have a girlfriend!" I said and I looked at him. He sat beside me. He gave me my clothes.

"But I can still kiss you right?" He asked me and I nodded, while getting dressed. He moved closer and gave me a kiss. He broke the kiss, gave me a hug and he went outside. I looked at the time and saw that it was 3:30pm already. I took my bag and I went to the park, I went by the lake and I took a seat by the nearest bench. I waited and I saw a guy heading this way, the guy went closer and it was Brad, I gave him a kiss and he sat down.

"Hi Terri." He said and he smiled, I smiled back at him. He gave me some roses.

"Merci! How sweet of you." I said and I kissed his cheek, we stood up and we looked at the lake. We stood by the rocks and he looked at me.

"Terri, would you like to go with me to the dance?" He asked me and I gave him a smile.

"Of course!" I said and I gave him a hug.

"I love you Terri." He said and I was shocked, knowing that he just wanted me for a popularity boost.

"I'll definitely go to the winter dance with you." I said and I looked around, the lake was already frozen. I kissed him on the lips and I said goodbye. I went back to my dorm both confused and happy.

I'm ok with saying yes, I'm dateless if I said no...
But saying that he loves me?
I don't love him back, but I can't break his heart...
I'm still in love with Gerard, no one else...
I love Gerard, not Brad!
I'm in love with Gerard?
I'm in love with Gerard!


I know that I look like a fool jumping around and I felt so happy for realizing that I love Gerard, but I felt sad again, knowing that he has Odessa. I fell on my bed and I started to cry.

Frank and Monica are happy...
Ray and Melinda are happy too,
Nia and Ian are happy,
Why can't I be happy!?
I love Gerard but I'm with someone else,
I don't know if he still loves me but I want to know,
I want to make sure,
I need to get closer to Odessa to get closer to Gerard,
I should start this plan tomorrow morning...


I sat on my chair and I did some of my homework...