I'm Not Okay I Promise

Close To You

I woke up the next day and I did the same things I do every morning, I put on some warms clothes and I went outside. I went to the cafeteria and I ate some breakfast, I took my phone from my bag and I saw 5 messages. 3 from Nia, 1 from Frank and 1 for Brad. I read them all and here are the messages I got:

Nia:

Hi Terri! I just wanted to invite you to my food review with Ian... Reply soon : )

Nia:

Terri, come over to Yellow Cab... We have some pizzas waiting for you, I'll be there with Ian all day eating pizzas : )

Nia:

Terri, you should have came with me, I stopped by Frank's this afternoon and we played spin the bottle... I saw Mikey at Yellow Cab too : )

Frank:

Terri come over to my dorm with Brad, were playing games all day... Just knock on my door ok?

Brad:

Hey babe, I'm going to England for two weeks but I can still make it on time for the dance... I'll send you a dress next week, love you, stay nice ; )


I went for a stroll across the park and I sat on the bench I usually sat on, I looked by a tree and I saw a ribbon with a note on it. I came closer and I opened the scroll. It said:

I'm in love with an angel named Terri,
She has the most beautiful eyes and the brightest smile...

Winter is full of magic and mystery, meet me your mystery man later by the lake here at the park, angels are the most special beings in this land, and that means that you mean a lot to me...


I took the note with me and I came home, I saw Frank by my door like he was waiting for me. He went closer and I smiled. He grabbed my hand and he dragged me across my dorm to his room, blindfolded my eyes and he knocked on the door, I heard the door open and he took off my blindfold. It was dark and I couldn't see anything, the lights suddenly opened and I saw everyone there with a banner and a cake. They all yelled surprise and I played a little game of pretend.

"You really believe that today is my birthday?!" I said angrily.

"It isn't your birthday?" Nia said sadly, I began to laugh inside.

"Really, what kind of a fool would believe that today is my birthday?!" I said and I pouted, they all looked at the room filled with decorations and I gave them a cheesy grin.

"I'm just joking, thanks guys!" I said and I hugged Nia who came closer to me with a cake, a chocolate mousse cake! My favorite cake. I blew the candles and they yelled: "Happy 19th birthday!" I and I began to jump around. I stopped and I sat down on the floor, I saw everyone except for Gerard. I began to wonder where he could be, I just sliced the cake and we all began to have fun.

Frank confessed on truth or dare that he sometimes still wets his bed after seeing a scary movie, we all began to laugh at that. Bob did a handstand for 5 minutes, after 3 minutes his face was all red. I went to the park to check on the person who wanted me to go there, I said goodbye for a while and I went to the park. I sat on the bench by the lake waiting for a person to come by, suddenly a person covered my eyes and I took his hands off my eyes. I saw that it was Gerard, he sat beside me and I looked at the lake.

"Like I said, winter is full of magic..." He said and I kissed his warm cheek, he looked at me with a smile and I smiled back.

"Happy birthday Terri." He said and I laughed. He looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh nothing, you didn't get any cake!" I said laughing and he pulled me closer to him.

"There's nothing sweeter with you by my side." He said and I smiled.

"You're too mushy!" I said and he giggled.

"Really? Am I?" He asked and we both began to laugh, he took his bag and ho took out two pairs of ice skates.

"What are those for?" I asked him, he smiled.

"Silly, we're gonna ice skate." He said and I felt nervous, I can't skate! I want to learn how but my parents don't want me to skate. He helped me put on my skates and he pulled me up, we went closer to the lake and he began to skate. When we went to the middle, I almost fell down. Luckily Gerard grabbed my hand and I held on to him tightly.

"Gerard, I don't know how to skate." I said and he smiled.

"You can grab on to me." He said and I hugged him tight as we skated around, I loved the feeling of holding on to him tight. I smiled as he glided around the lake, after a few hours he stopped and we went back to the bench. We took of our skates and we went to a near by tree, he took a knife from his bag and he carved the initials GW+TR. I smiled and I hugged him tightly.

I don't want to let go of him so I held him tight, we sat down the bench and we talked about the first time I came here to Loyola High. I laughed at the times when we got interrupted.

"You're good at skating!" I said with a smile and he gave me a grin.

"Thanks! You're good at swimming." He said to me.

"You're good too... You can teach me lessons." I said.

"More like "Drowning Lessons"... I can't teach you anything but skating and drawing and singing and other stuff like that." He said.

"You're perfect." I said, he touched my cheek and he came closer.

"I'm not perfect, I'm a mess." He said and I frowned.

"No you're not, you're the whole meaning of perfect for me." I said and he smiled.

"Gerard, how did you meet Odessa?" I asked him and I looked away.

"My mom and her mom are co-workers, I met Odessa when they had a Christmas Party on mom's office." He said.

"How old were you two then?" I asked him, wanting to know more about him.

"Odessa was 10 and I was 12." He said and I smiled.

"You're lucky you picked her, you don't know me that much..." I said and I stood up. He stood up too, he touched my cheek and he went closer.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked, his lips almost about to kiss my lips.

"Why do you have to ask me?" I asked him, he shrugged. He kissed me passionately on the lips, I want to stay like this forever with him. He broke the kiss and he walked away, I chased after him.

"Gerard!" I said and he stopped, he looked back at me and I gave him a kiss, we stayed that way for 2 minutes. Then suddenly snow began to fall down. I broke the kiss and I looked around, I began jumping around the park and I hugged him tight.

"Like I said, winter is full of magic." He said and he kissed me again, It felt so good, kissing him at the first drop of snow.

"Kiss me again Gerard." I said and I pouted.

"Why?" He asked me.

"You're the best kisser I've ever known..." I said and he gave me a kiss, the best kiss I've ever had. He grabbed my hand and we went back to Frank's room. We went inside and we continued to play spin the bottle, we played charades later on. I teamed up with Monica and Mikey and Ray won, Bob just watched us play. I enjoyed my birthday here, I love Loyola High, I love Gerard.

I will never forget this day... 12/5/2007