I'm Not Okay I Promise

I Need Your Help

- Mikey's POV -

I woke up in my usual room with Odessa, feeling a bit down and with the bite I got from the raccoon in the backyard, I couldn't sleep. Things are going around my head about how I feel right now... For Nia actually, I like her and all, but with Ian in the way, I know she would probably choose him over me. What could I say? I have no chances with her anyway. I got up and stretched a little, wanting to know that our time inside this house is over, and that the winter break is coming sooner than expected. I reached over for my glasses and I looked at the clock.

3:18

"Fuck..." I said to myself, I knew what I needed to do... I need to speak to Gerard right now. I got up and I went outside, it was normally dark, since it's still 3 in the morning. I gave out a yawn and I sat on the couch. I looked around for the remote control, no use, it was really dark and I couldn't see a thing. I started to walk over to Terri's room, I gave a soft knock at the door, hoping that I don't disturb them in some way...

"Hurry up Gerard!" I murmured while I stood still by the door. Eventually, Gerard opened the door looking all sleepy.

"Mikey what is it?" He said while he rubbed his eyes a little.

"You can see me in the dark?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"Why wouldn't I? I mean, I spend some days inside my dark bedroom." He said and I sighed.

"Come in." He said and I shook my head.

"Nah, can you just talk to me in the living room?" I asked him and he nodded. I sat down on the couch and he just stood up, looking around the living room.

"What's the problem Mikes?" He said and I sighed.

"How did you know that I have a problem right now?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"Come on Mikey, you're the only one who wakes me up at this time of night." He said.

"Day actually." I corrected, he sat down and I slumped on the couch.

"So?" He said, waiting for me to start speaking.

"Uh..." I said, thinking of how I could start.

"I...uh...um..." I stammered.

"Is this about school?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"A little." I said.

"Ok... About the jocks?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"No." I said and he shrugged.

"Just spill Mikey, I need some sleep for tomorrow." He said tiredly.

"It's because of Nia." I said on one quick breath.

"What about her?" He asked, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

"Uh, nothing." I said.

"You woke me up at 3 in the fucking morning for nothing?!" He snapped and I shook my head.

"You want to know?" I said, I couldn't see him very well but I'm sure that I saw him nod, I took in a deep breath.

"Ok, The truth is, I..." I paused.

"You what?" Gerard said and I sighed.

"I like Nia..." I said while looking at my bare feet.

"So you just woke me up to tell me that or do you have anything more to say?" He said and I nodded.

"I have to ask you something?" I said.

"What? You want me to date Nia?" Gerard joked and I shrugged.

"Why would I let you date her?!" I spat back, he shrugged.

"Maybe." He said.

"Don't tell me you like her!" I said and he shook his head.

"Hell no! I love Terri you ass!" He said and he punched my shoulder.

"Ouch!" I said out loud.

"Shhh." Gerard said and I shrugged.

"Ok, so that's the first part of it." I said.

"What's the second?" He asked.

"I have no chance with her you know that right?" I said and he stood up.

"You do have a chance Mikey." He gave me and pat on the back and I sat down.

"I don't, face it!" I said.

"You do! Stop saying you don't" He said.

"I don't."

"You do."

"I don't."

"You do."

"I don't."

"You do."

"Ok, stop this Mikey, or I'm going back to bed." He said and I sighed.

"I think..." I said.

"You think?" He repeated.

"She'd rather choose Ian over me." I said.

"Why do you think that?" He asked.

"Because it's true." I said.

"We don't know that much yet Mikey, maybe I could ask Terri to ask her about that." He said and I smiled.

"Thanks Gee." I said giving him a hug.

"Whatever Mikey, now let's get to sleep, It's almost 4" He said looking at the clock.

"Sure." I said and I went back to my room.