I'm Not Okay I Promise

Brad's Girl

tinued to eat her cheesecake. We went back to the dorms and I went back to my room. I saw Gerard sitting by my bed.

"Hi Gerard." I said to him, and he hugged me.

"I know who sent the flowers and notes..." He whispered in my ear.

"Brad!" We said in chorus. He let go of me and he sat on my bed.

"How did you know?" He asked me, and I told him that Elise and Nia told me about Brad's feelings for me.

"Do you really have to be his girl?!" He said with a sad look on his face, I nodded in disappointment.

"Why?" He said as tears fall down his face.

"It's for my social status, Elise said." I said and I turned away, leaving Gerard in my room. I need to get some fresh air, I went outside and I sat by a bench on the campus park. I saw Brad coming closer to me and he sat down beside me.

"Hi Terri!" He said as he looked around the park.

"Hi..." I said to him, hoping that he'd go away.

"Listen, did you get-" I stopped him and I nodded.

"So will you be my girl?" He asked me and I pasted a fake smile in my face.

Do it Terri! This is what's best for you!

"Sure Brad!" He hugged me tight and he ran away.

"What have I done?!" I said as I talked to myself. Nia came by and she saw me looking depressed.

"What's the matter Terri?" She asked me.

"Everything! I love Gerard! Why did I do that!" I said as I started to cry on Nia's shoulder.

"Does Gerard know about this?" Nia asked me, I nodded.

"I left him crying in my room!" I said as I continued to cry.

"You should go talk to him..." Nia wiped off my tears and I ran around the campus looking for Gerard. I went to the pool where we swam, I saw him on the pool alone! Like he was trying to drown. I dove in and I carried him into the stairs. I began to cry.

"Gerard!" I shouted out as I cried, I didn't care if anyone saw me.

"Terri..." He said while coughing. I continued to cry.

"Don't do that to me!" I shouted out and I tried to stop my tears, but I can't.

"Terri, why are you forced to date Brad?" He stood up and he embraced me, trying to stop my tears.

"Terri... I love you!" He said out and I cried harder.

"I don't want to be with Brad! I want to be with you!" I said as I cried, he wiped off my tears and he kissed me softly on the lips. He carried me to my dorm and he lied me down. He went outside the door.

"Gerard! I don't want you to die!" I said as I ran to him and I hugged him.

"I will never do that again, I promise you Terri... I promise." He said as he lied down in bed with me. I woke up two hours later, Gerard was not with me. I dressed up in something dry and I went outside. I saw Nia and I ran to her.

"Hi Terri!" She said as she smiled.

"Gerard tried to kill himself!" I shouted out and we talked about it at my room.

"He said he loves me!" I said and we jumped around screaming like our talk a few days ago.

"Well then, you should hang out in private more often." She said and she giggled.

"Well then, I better get something to eat... I'm hungry!" I said and we ordered some pizza.

"So, now that you're Brad's girl... What do you plan on doing?" I was shocked to hear her say the word "Brad's girl", even if I'm not!

"Brad told everyone already?!" I said as I took a bite of my pizza.

"Yup! Spread out like a plague!" She said and I laughed, but I felt really angry. We talked all night until we got sleepy. I cleaned out the mess in my room and I said goodnight to Nia.

I dressed up in my PJ's and I went to sleep.