Elven Chronicles Book 1: Into the Shadows

Return Home

I was just about to start taking down my tent when my father stepped in. Last night, the army had turned in early to prepare for the return home.

"Hey Kida. We have not had the chance to talk about anything. I just wanted you to know that I am extreamly proud of you, and you have proven yourself to be a true elven princess." He seemed uncomfortable with sharing his feelings. I choked up a little.

"Thanks. I really appreciate you saying that, and I am happy you did not say queen. I love you." He just smiled and pulled me close to him in a warm hug. I felt all the pressure of the past five weeks just slide off, and I felt safe. We finished my packing just as everyone else was starting. I walked off to find Isabel and help her out. I found her already packed and ready to go.

"Hey Isabel."

"Oh hi Princess," she looked happy to see me. "What is up?"

"Nothing much. I was wondering if you wanted to join me on our trip home."

She looked shocked that I would ask. "Of course. Are you sure it is okay? I don't want to be a bother."

"It is no trouble at all. I like you and want to become better friends."

She looked really relieved. "I would be honored then. Thank you. You have helped me get through the past twenty four hours."

"Anytime. Please call me Kida when among friends. I really hate being called 'Princess'"

She followed me back to my father, and we met up with Alia and Elwen on the way to see him. After everyone got ready, the hike home began. We traveled for five days straight until we reached the Air kingdom. It was late, so those from the Fire kingdom stayed with us for the night. Dinner with the royals and friends was fun and it was the first time we all got to let our guard down since before the war.

"I cannot believe we pulled that off," King Levan was saying over the main course, "Everything seemed to fall into place during the fighting. Those wolves helped as well."
He then turned his attention to me. "Princess Kida, you did a fantastic job. I'll be expecting big things from you in the furture."

I did not want to hear that crap. "Thank you sir. Hopefully I will not disappoint." He laughed along with some high ranking officers from the army. My dad just gave me an understanding look. He knew that I just wanted to return to my human life for a while. I said my good-byes to the others, especially the princes, and got my first great sleep in a while.

He, the rest of my tribe, and I, along with my father, left the next day for home. The run was about three hours long, and when we returned the woman and children of the men who left attacked us. They came running, while laughing, crying, and shouting for joy. The group split to have time with their families, while my father, dad, and I went off to find my mother.

"Kida! Gabe!" she shouted this from the doorway of the house. My sisters came running out to us. My father stepped aside so we all could have some time together. My mother ran with my brother in her arms and crashed into dad.

"Thank God you are safe," she said with joy. "I was so worried about the both of you." With that she handed my brother off and hugged me. I was never so happy to see her in my life.

"Oh Kida," she was talking through tears. "Thank you for staying alive."

"You should really thank my father. He did a good job making sure I was protected," I replied with a glance toward him.

"Leto." He came toward her as she hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you for keeping our daughter safe."

"Of course Tina. She was brilliant."

He turned away from her and pulled me aside. "I have to go now, and I will visit you in a week. Make sure you spend some time with the family, and keep yourself safe. Please just enjoy the next few days with your family, and I am so proud of you."
We hugged and he ran back into the forest.

That night was perfect. My family just talked and talked. I don't think my sisters had ever said so much in their life. After midnight, everyone fell asleep. The next week was prety normal, and we all tried to get back into a normal routine. My mother kept looking at me that whole week just to make sure I was not going to up and disappear on her.

I then realized that nothing for me was ever going to be normal. While I was in the forest hunting, I saw some wolves. The just bowed to me and were on their way. I realized that I had become someone different in the past six months, and I was never going to get my old life back. As a seventeen year old now, I had matured, and I noticed the boys looking at me as I walked past. I seemed more elven. My walk was graceful, my skin was smoother and a little darker. I was prettier, I think. I knew that my life had changed, and I was just going to keep changing. Whether it was for better or worse, I guess I just had to find out.

Welcome to the first book on the rest of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter!!! Hope people liked the book. Please give opinion by commenting. Next one will be started in two days
Thanks so much for reading
later