Status: Active.

Falling for the Rivalry Team Player

Three.

I sat down by my dad and he was awfully happy to see me again.

“How was it?” He asked.

“It was great!” I said.

I’m really glad that he didn’t know that my over enthusiasm was for the fact that I almost kissed Milan Lucic!

"Who did you see?" My mom asked

"Well I saw Kovalev, Koivu,Higgins,Gorges,Price." I said.

"What about Maxim Lapierre?" My dad asked.

"Oh um, well yea I saw him." I said

I hated him so much, I really, really did. He was so mean and arrogant that it bothered the shit out of me. He practically ignored me the entire time. If it wasn’t for Carey Price to make sure he noticed me, he would have cared enough to even say hello. His little shy guy thing in front of the camera was just a joke, honestly he’s the most arrogant prick I’ve ever met.

“And what did you think?” my father asked.

“Well, uhm, he was nice,” I said.

“Just nice?” my mother questioned

“Yes mom, he was just nice,” I said.

They both seemed to be a little disappointed with this fact. I couldn’t tell them how I really felt about him, they’d be upset. If you haven’t guessed, Maxim Lapierre is the man they want me to marry.

“Well that’s kind of sad,” my mom said

“Don’t you guys think that maybe it’s a little- you know- he’s twenty-four,”

My father shot me a look and I knew it meant just shut the hell up.

"Sweetie you're only going to get married at 20 so don't worry, He'll be 30, It’s ok." He said.

Yea sure, me marrying that loser when I’m twenty and he’s thirty, I really don’t think this is a wise idea. I could picture what it would be like already and that’s a really scary feeling. A really, really scary feeling right now that is rushing through me, me and Maxim Lapierre, eww.

“Never mind,” I said.

“All right,” my father said with a smile.

This tall man in a business suit came up to my parents and they began to talk to him. Who knows what they were talking about, and honestly, I’m not sure I even wanted to know.

I turned to the left of me and I noticed that Milan was walking down the hallway. As I looked, I noticed that he motioned for me to come over to where he was. I needed to make a breakaway and go see him, I just had to.

I began to walk toward him and my mother turned her head toward me.

"Umm, Candice where are you going?" My mom asked.

"I'll be right back like 10 minutes tops." I said

"Oh alright then go on." My mom said.

When I saw him, he instantly hugged me.

“Why did you want me to come here? And why did you hug me?” I asked.

He jerked away quickly and it seemed as though I upset him, it really wasn’t my intention to do so.

"Why you didn't want me to hug you?" He said

Shit, I knew he was upset.

“No,no that’s not it at all, I was just surprised, I didn’t think I’d see you again tonight”

“Well look at that here I am,” he said with a smirk

“Why are you such a jerk?” I asked jokingly

“Me a jerk?”

“Yes, a big, funny, cute jerk,” I said.

Oh my, I just told him he was cute, damn it, I can’t believe I did that.

“Now, I’m cute?” he said.

I just nodded my head and blushed.

He took my hand and placed something inside of it.

“Open this up later,” he said.

“Okay,” I agreed with no hesitation.

“Hey Candice,” he said

“Ya?” I asked.

“Are you free tomorrow?”

Ah, my heart sank.

“I wish, I’m not from Boston, I’m from Montreal, and we leave in the morning to go to Vermont and then back to Montreal the next day,” I said.

“Shit,” he said.

“I know,” I said sadly.

“Look, I hope you have a long distance texting plan,” he said.

“I just so happen to,” I said.

“Perfect,” he said softly.

“Hey Milan,” I said

“Yes?” He asked.

“Thanks for today, I wasn’t expecting it and I just had a cool time with you,”

“I had a great time with you too, and look out during the game, I’ll try to do something for you,” He said.

“Really now??”

“Yes, anything you want, I’ll do for you-during the game of course,”

“Nice save, you suave man, and I want either a goal, an assist or a good fight with Maxim Lapierre,” I said.

“Damn, the last one I can do for sure,” he said with a smile.

“I’m glad,”

He smiled at me and once again he leaned into me. It was going to happen again, we were going to kiss. As I went in, he kissed my cheek.

I blushed in both embarrassment and joy. Milan Lucic kissed my cheek, my cheek out of any girl’s cheek it was mine that was kissed today.

“You rooting for us tonight?” He asked.

“Nope, just you,” I said.

He gasped a little and he hugged me again. I really liked when he hugged me.

“Milan, come on, you gotta get down here!” Their coach yelled.

“I gotta go,” he said.

“I heard,” I said

“Promise me you’re routing for me,” he said.

“I promise,” I said.

“Good, see you again right?” he asked.

“You want there to be a next time?” I asked.

“Of course I do,” he said.

“I do too,”

He kissed my cheek again and left.

I walked toward where my parents were and lucky for me they were still talking to that man that was there before I left.

I looked at the paper before I said hi to my parents again; I noticed that he left me his phone number. I shirked internally; Milan Lucic gave me his number. Now I get why he asked if I had the international texting option on my phone.

-Good Luck, I’m rooting for you ;)

That’s the very first text I sent him. I hoped that he appreciated it.

-I’ll be looking for you ;P

Was his reply and the reply was pretty instantaneous and it gave me butterflies. He said he was going to look for me; gosh Milan was such a sweetheart.

So maybe I’m a little bit insane right now, being thirteen and all. Yes, I’m thirteen, but in less than a month I am going to be fourteen. Shit, I’m six years younger than Milan is. Once Milan finds out how old I am, he’s not going to want to have anything to do with me. I should have thought about that before I did anything that I did today. My age was the first thing I should have told him about, now I don’t want to tell him how old I am.

“Candice who was there?” my mother asked when she noticed I had returned.

“Oh it was no one,” I said.

“Well alright then, you just seem to be awfully happy,” she said.

It was true, despite my huge fear about the whole age gap, but seeing Milan and sharing the moment we did together made me feel like I was on cloud nine.

“You know how I am before Habs games!” I shouted

“That is very true,” my dad interjected.

We sat down and we were right behind the Habs player’s bench and it was awesome. Before the game began, Price turned and waved at me. I smiled and waved back to him. My parents noticed this gesture and they were quite pleased.

“He’s such a nice young man,” my mother said.

I nodded and smiled.

I was focused on the ice because I was waiting to see number seventeen come out on the ice and play his heart out. I felt that he was really playing this game for me.

The puck dropped and the game began, from the first face-off, I knew this was going to be one hell of a game. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, my parents and I were screaming and yelling like crazy. We sounded as if we were insane and we were so loud it was amazing. One thing’s for sure going to hockey games with my parents is always a fun and memorable experience.
I could see his number seventeen and he was skating right toward Carey Price. I couldn’t believe that I was actually hoping he’d score on Carey. I felt like a complete and utter traitor, but I wanted him to score a goal for me so badly. He was actually out on a breakaway and before I knew it the siren went off, Milan Lucic had scored the first goal of the game. The crowd went wild! My parents cursed and I cursed along with them because I had no other choice. Inside though, I was doing a little happy dance, he actually scored a goal for me, and he actually did it. He skated around the ice before going to tap his player’s hands and I believe he spotted me. He passed right by, looked me dead in the eye, pointed and winked. Luckily, my parents didn’t notice that, but I did and I blushed and smiled and giggled a little bit.

The game was going strong and sadly the Habs weren’t doing so well. They were getting shots on net, but Tim Thomas wasn’t letting anything go in. Sometimes they would make really terrible passes and the Boston boys would easily intercept and then they’d get all the scoring chances. The defence was good, but not as good as I hoped they’d be, they really needed to be a little tighter and they weren’t. They were giving Boston too much easy access into their zone and that was really hurting them. It was the end of the second period and it was three to nothing for Boston. Sure there was the whole third period and they’d be able to catch up, but if they kept on playing the way they were now, I doubt that they would manage to even score one goal.

“Candice, you want anything?” My dad asked me

“Actually I do, I’m starving,” I said.

“I’ll be right back,” he said.

Usually, we’re in the boxes and I was under the impression that it was there we were going to be during today’s game, but for some reason that wasn’t the case this time around. Something about giving Boston fans priority and them having all the boxes already be taken, so they gave us seats right behind the Habs bench. I usually like being in the box, but for obvious reasons, I’m awfully glad that we were in the stands this time.

My dad came back with hot dogs, popcorn and some drinks. My mom and I dove into them as if we hadn’t seen food in ages. It was quite amusing actually to see my mom eat the way she was eating.
It was about eleven minutes into the third period and the score was now four to one for Boston. The Habs were most probably losing this game. Also in the last goal that Boston scored Milan had an assist, so far he was two out of three. I wondered if he could make it three.

Suddenly, I saw a pair of gloves drop and low and behold, it was my man, Milan. He dropped the gloves with Maxim Lapierre and damn did he beat on his face. He hit him real hard and with four punches, Max was down on the ground. Though I wanted to scream and yell for Milan, but I knew that if I did that my parents would question me and I didn’t want to be questioned. Inside though, I was jumping for joy, Milan actually did all three of those things for me. I couldn’t believe it, but I’m glad that I did.

The siren went off and the Habs lost the game. I was quite pissed off that they lost because they were in desperate need of a win, but that didn’t happen. I must admit though, I wasn’t as upset as I usually would have been for the simple fact that Milan did what I had asked him to.

-You did all three, I only expected one. Thanks. :)

He replied:

-I had to do them all for a girl as lovely as you.

I blushed so hard when I read that. He said I was lovely, oh this boy was going to be the death of me.

-Don’t forget me okay?

-Never, Candice, I can’t forget you, promise, you better text me.


I smiled the whole ride to the hotel; we kept on texting back and forth. I didn’t want to stop texting him, but I had to get sleep.

-Gotta head to bed :(

-I should rest too, that fight really wore me out. ;)

-Haha. Good night Milan

-Goodnight Canidce

-Sweet Dreams boy!

-Dream of me Candice ;)


I felt my heart flutter yet again, I was definitely going to dream of him tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy! :D