Status: Active.

Falling for the Rivalry Team Player

Four.

“Candice,” my mom called.

“Ya mom?” I asked.

“We’re leaving in an hour so please make sure you have everything,” she said.

“You got it,” I said.

I was still half asleep, after all that happened last night I wasn’t exactly sure how I was going to cope today.

I looked over at my phone and I noticed a text message

-Hey Candice! Early morning practice for our next game vs. the Habs. Wished you could have watched.

I smiled at his text, he wished I could have been there to watch him practice and damn I wish I could have been there too.

-Wish I was there too, shame I have to leave today :(

I really didn’t want to leave Boston, I really wanted to spend more time with him and see where things would go. Sure we only knew each other for a day, but at the same time there was something there between the two of us. The connection we shared was instant and I know he felt it too. We almost kissed twice. It had to mean something, right?

-A real shame, but I’ll see you in Montreal?

-You want to see me?

-Of course I do, please, please, tell me you wanna see me.


I thought it was adorable that he was begging for me to see him when he came to Montreal. Why would I not want to see him?

-Maybe.

I decided to play around with him a little bit. I thought it would be a little fun to do so.

-Oh, okay, I guess it was a great one date we had.

I figure that I was going to get a text saying that he meant to say day, so I didn’t reply for a little bit. I decided I was going to make sure that I had everything packed and then I was going to check my phone again.

When I checked my phone again about ten minutes later, I noticed that there was no correction text sent.

Was what we had a date?

-Date? ;)

His reply was instant.

-Yes, that was a date, but since I got a maybe, I guess it was our last date.

Damn, this was even more crazy than I had thought.

-See, I wasn’t aware it was a date that we had.

-It was, and I’d really like to have another one.

-Same here.

-Then Montreal, we’re doing something. Take me around?


He wanted me to take him somewhere in Montreal? I’d love to, but I’m not sure how I’d get around to my parents and have them let me go out with him. Then again, since we were in Montreal it would probably be easy for them to let me go.

-You got yourself a deal ;)

Milan kept on texting back and forth and we just had awesome conversations. I couldn’t get enough of talking to him; I just hated the fact that I wouldn’t be able to see him before leaving today. I really wish I could have seen him just because I really wanted to be able to see him again, hug him at least.

“Dad, how much longer do I have?” I asked.

“Still have thirty five minutes honey,” my dad said.

My last thirty five minutes in Boston and they were not with Milan, it sucked.

My phone began to ring and I found it odd. I wasn’t expecting a phone call from anyone today, but I didn’t even look at who was calling, I just answered.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey beautiful,” the voice on the other end said.

I knew who it was the second the word hey came out of his mouth.

“Who is this?” I asked.

I decided to play around with him; I really got a kick out of this.

“Oh just a man who was lurking in the Boston area,”

I guess he was going to play the game along with me. I liked that.

“Really? Well why are you calling me?” I asked.

“I typically like to scope out girls, take them to locker rooms, make them watch me change, almost kiss them twice, then I give them my number,” he said.

I hesitated; I didn’t know what to say to that.

“And then I like to go out by their hotels and just wait there so I can at least get a goodbye before they go back to Montreal,”

I froze and nearly dropped my phone on the bed. Was he really outside the hotel?

“Look out the window,” he said.

I did just as he said and then I saw him standing there. He looked so handsome out there, he really did, and I couldn’t believe that he came to see me.

“Mom, dad I’m just going to grab something quick to eat,” I said.

“Why honey, we’re going to stop at a restaurant,” my mom said.

“All right, I’m just going to grab a snack then,” I said

“Okay, don’t be too long now dear,” my mom said.

With that I left the suite that we were in and ran down and through the lobby.

As the doors opened Milan picked me up and spun me around.

“You’re so light,” he whispered.

I giggled a little bit and smiled.

“You came,” I said.

“Did you honestly believe that I wasn’t going to come and say bye?” He asked.

The look in his eyes was nothing but pure and it made me feel extremely happy. He actually came to see me.

“I don’t know,” I said.

“Well silly, silly girl, the day after our first date and you think I wouldn’t come say bye,” he said.

He kissed my forehead and I was grinning like a fool.

“When do you arrive in Montreal?” I asked.

“We arrive Wednesday,” he said.

“Oh,”

I was a little disappointed, today was only Monday after all. I’d be back home tonight or early Tuesday morning, I wanted Milan to be there already.

“It’s two days away,” he said.

“That’s true, but I want to see you,” I said

“I’m here right now, and you’re taking me around Montreal,” he said.

“Very, very true,” I said.

“And plus, it’s back to back games in Montreal anyway, so I’m not leaving until Sunday.” He said.

“I didn’t think of that,” I said.

“Well aren’t you like to have a man like me to fill in all those gaps in your pretty little head,”

“I’m offended,” I said

“Really?” He asked with a wink.

“Yes really,” I said with a smirk.

He grabbed my hands in his and he just smiled. His smile could take someone’s breath away and right now it was having that exact effect on me.

“Ever have poutine?” I asked.

Yes my question was kind of out of the blue, but I’m a Montreal girl, you have to expect me to love poutine.

“Nope,” he said.

“What?” I gasped.

“I’ve never tried it, sounds gross,” he said.

“Ouch, I’m a Montrealer, you’re trying poutine with me,” I said.

“Why would I want fries covered in gravy and having some odd cheese on it?” he said

“Because it’s part of who I am, and you asked me to take you around Montreal, so you’re trying poutine and that’s final,” I said.

“Should I even try and fight this?” He asked

“If you want a black eye and no second date,” I said

I was trying to be sly and clever and just tease a little; he seemed to like it a lot.

“Damn, part of me almost wants to fight you on this to see you get all feisty and hot,”

He blushed the second he said that and I did too. Did Milan just call me hot or imply that I could be hot? If he just did, holy shit I’m floored.

“Really now?” I questioned and moved closer to him

His forehead was pressed against mine.

“Maybe, you’ll get to see that side of me if your cards are played right,” I said.

“Candice, you shouldn’t be doing this now,” He said

“And why not big boy?” I asked.

“Because, you’re making it impossible to say bye,”

That was cute.

“Well maybe if you weren’t so freaking huge I could sneak you into my trunk,”

“Shucks,” he said sarcastically

He smiled.

“You know, I’m not a poker player, so I can’t play my cards, but I do know how to play a puck”

“Haha, real funny, trying to charm me with your hockey humor?” I asked.

“Is it working?” he asked

“Very much so,” I said

“Good,” he said deviously.

He leaned his face in close to mine and just lightly pecked my lips. I felt my knees go weak. I thought I was going to hit the floor, but I knew that if I fell Milan would be there to catch me.

“Bye,” he whispered

“Bye,” I said

“I’m expecting some kind of text,” I added

“You got it,” he said

He pecked my lips again and he was off.

I looked down at my watch, shit I only have ten minutes left.

I rushed back up as fast as I could to my room; luckily I had all my stuff packed up so my parents weren’t upset that there was only ten minutes left.

“You all ready?” my dad asked.

“Yes daddy, I’m just going to grab my bags,” I said

“Perfect, your mom and I will be in the car,” my dad said.

I hurried and got my bags and just headed into the car.

The second my parents began to drive my phone started to ring.

It was Milan again.

“Hey,”

“Hey, beautiful,”

Damn it and his being so sweet.

“I’m in the car now, driving back to Montreal,” I said.

“I just wanted to hear your voice, and wish you a safe trip back,” he said.

“Thanks, so much,” I said

“See you soon,”

“Indeed, remember our deal,” I said

“I can’t forget that,” he said.

With that our phone conversation was over.

“Who was that?” my mom asked

“Just my friend,” I said.

“All right sweetie,”

I put my headphones into my ears and he sent me a text.

-You have soft lips ;)

-Yours aren’t too shabby

-Will I kiss them again?

-If you play your pucks right ;)

-Touché


Our texts just kept going back and forth like always, I mean there was no getting enough of this man, there just wasn’t. Sure he still didn’t know my age, but hopefully he wouldn’t mind so much because our connection is totally and completely awesome. We kept on being silly and flirty with each other. At one point I realized that I had dozed off and I hadn’t replied in about an hour. I apologized a million times and he told me he thought it was cute and that as long as the dreams were about him that is was fine. Strangely enough the dreams actually were about him.

Our pit stop in Vermont wasn’t too long, nothing really exciting expect for some cheap clothes. We just shopped around a little bit, I bought myself a few things and we went to grab some dinner and just headed back to Montreal.

I couldn’t wait until I was back in Montreal, because on Wednesday Milan was coming and I’d get to spend time with him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed! :D