Status: Complete 12/14/11

Scream Me a Dream

Chapter 12: Goodbye For Now

“So Soya knows Ville?” Russell asked as he dropped his keys into the bowl that sat on a table near his front door.

Josef nodded as he followed Russell to the kitchen, before he hopped up on the counter to watch him. “Yes, they know each other.”

“You didn’t tell me that when I gave you the tickets.” Russell smirked pouring them each a glass of wine handing one to Josef as he leaned on the counter next to him.

“Didn’t know I had to.” Josef shrugged, taking a sip of his wine.

“So how do they know each other?”

Josef smirked into his glass. “Why do you want to know?”

“Pure curiosity, I assure you.”

Josef shrugged. “They met when Soya was sixteen so Ville was…” Josef searched his brain. “Twenty? The way Soya tells me is that they just clicked. Everything that Soya does, has to be proven.”

“How so?” Russell asked.

Josef shrugged. “She has to prove to her mother that teaching dance was worth the money and time, she had to prove to her father that taking college courses was advantages, she has to prove to the world that she is one of the best dancers the world has ever seen. Her word is never trusted. She’s told me that Ville, Linde and Mige are the only people that accepted her word and never questioned it. She never had to prove anything to them.”

“You’re not like that with her?” Russell asked with a raised eyebrow. “I would assume since you’re so close it would be that way with you too.”

Josef shook his head. “Oh fuck no, Soya and I are constantly proving our worth to each other. It’s what makes our relationship work so well. If we didn’t I don’t think we’d dance half as well as we do.”

Russell nodded looking at Josef. “You want them to work don’t you?”

With a smile, Josef nodded. “I do, Soya deserves some good in her life, and I think Ville is the person to bring that good. I don’t care if they keep a strong friendship or fuck each other senseless really. I just want her to be happy.” Josef put his hand on Russell’s arm and squeezed lightly. “You know, while I’ve seen Soya laugh and smile, I’ve never seen her this happy. The only time I have ever seen her like this is when she sees them on TV or she’s looking in her old pictures albums and even then her smile never quite reaches her eyes.”

“Doesn’t it bother you that it wasn’t you that made her that happy? I mean…technically, haven’t you know her longer then they have.”

Josef shook his head. “Technically I have, but it took years, years for Soya and I to come to the level of friendship that we have, even when we first moved in together we rarely got along and we weren’t fully comfortable around each other. The main reason we moved in together was because it was convenient, we held the same schedule, we did everything at the same time, and we both loved the area, it just…worked for us. But it took us a year of living together to be this close.”

Josef shrugged again. “We’ve seen each other at our worst and at our best. We have seen each other cry about the most fucked up things and the stupidest things, we dealt with all the shit our families put out, and we love each other. However, even my relationship with Soya doesn’t begin to compare with what she had with them, what she still has. Am I bothered? Not at all. Should I be?” with a lift of his shoulders he said. “Probably, but I’m not. Like I said, Soya deserves to be, happy and so do I.”

Russell smirked as he lifted the glass to his lips and took a sip. “And what’s making you happy Josef?”

“At the moment? This wine,” he smirked. “You, and the dinner you promised me would make me quite ecstatic.”

“You’re quite the pushy man.”

“So I’m told, darling, so I’m told.” Josef laughed taking another sip of his wine.

XxxxxxX

Ryan Dunn leaned against the deck landing watching as dark Mini Cooper pulled up the snake drive, causing the sensor light to turn on and reveal the Mini Cooper to be a light blue. Dunn frowned, who the hell did they know that owned a blue Mini Cooper?

“Oh fuck.” Dunn cursed as he saw a young women get out of the car and stretch.

“What?”

Dunn turned and saw Novak walking over to him. “I think Bam needs to change the security code again, some fan got in.”

“No fucking way.” Novak said looking over at the car that was parked and the girl that was walking towards the back of the car. Novak frowned. “I think there’s someone else in the car.”

“Great,” Ryan groaned, “It just keeps getting better.”

“No man! It’s Ville.” Novak said pointing towards the car as Ville got out of the passenger seat, and said something to the girl, causing her to nod and back away slowly from the car with her hands raised slightly, causing him to laugh as he walked over pulling the truck open and pulling out his luggage. He put them on the ground and closed the trunk, leaning up against the back of the car, opening his arms and motioning for the girl. The girl laughed and launched herself at Ville hugging him.

Dunn raised an eyebrow. “Okay then.”

“You think it’s his girlfriend?” Novak asked watching them.

“Bam would have talked about it when he got back from New York though.”

“True.” Novak nodded, watching as the couple talked.

“What are you fuckers staring at?”

They both turned to see Bam walking out to the deck; he leaned against the railing and frowned at the unknown car parked in front of the house. “Who the fuck is that?”

“Ville’s ride, I guess.” Dunn shrugged.

Bam slid his eyes away from the car to the two people hugging near the back of the car.

“Do you know who the chick is?” Novak asked.

“Yeah.” Bam nodded, recognizing the long black hair that was pulled into a ponytail. “Her names Soya, she’s an old friend of Ville’s.”

Dunn frowned, that name rang a bell with him and Soya wasn’t a very common name. “Soya…the dancer?”

Both Bam and Novak turned to Dunn in amusement and surprise that he knew whom Soya was. Dunn rolled his eyes. “Angie dragged me to one of her shows when we were in San Francisco a while back and how the fuck does Ville know Soya? I didn’t think dancers and rock stars ran in the same circles.”

Bam rolled his eyes. “They met in Finland when she was sixteen I guess,”

“I wanna go say hi.” Novak said with a smirk as he sauntered away from the deck. “I hear dancers are flexible as fuck.”

They both watched Novak leave the deck before they followed. Dunn looked at Bam with a frown. “You don’t like her?”

“What?” Bam asked.

“You have that face of not liking someone, why don’t you like her?”

“I like her…fuck,” Bam ran a hand through his hair. “I don’t know,”

Dunn rolled his eyes. “Do you even know her?”

“Not really…” Bam hedged.

“Dude, this is your problem, you judge someone by how they look and instantly they’re either your friend or not worth knowing.”

“Well obviously, Soya may not be worth knowing.” Bam said with a roll of his eyes. “And I tend to be right about shit like this.”

“Yeah…like twenty-five percent of the time.” Dunn laughed as they walked out the door behind Novak, causing Ville and Soya to look up.

“Bam-Bam.” Ville smiled, though he didn’t let go of Soya’s waist where his arms were holding her.

“Hey Ville.” Bam smiled. “Soya.”

“Hello.” She said with a slight wave, than hid her face in Ville’s shirt causing him to laugh.

“You’re sniffing me.” Ville accused, though the soft smile on his face took away any annoyance that might have been in his voice.

“I can’t help it!” Soya laughed as she pulled away. “You’ve always smelled good, you know this!”

“I smell of cigarettes and sweat, kulta, that is in no way appealing.”

“To you.” Soya laughed she looked at the other two men standing next to Bam looking utterly amused by her conversation, causing heat to rise in her cheek. “Hello, I’m Soya Toivonen,”

“Ryan Dunn.” Dunn introduced, holding out his hand for her to shake, she smiled, pulling lightly away from Ville’s grasp, though he still circled her waist as she shook his hand. “And that’s Novak, I would avoid touching him, who knows what types of STD’s he has.”

Soya laughed and looked at Ville who smirked. “I really would avoid touching him.”

“Ha. Ha.” Novak said with a roll of his eyes. “So you’re a dancer?”

Soya cleared her throat and nodded slightly. “I am…,” she said slowly.

“So how far can you bend?” Novak smirked.

Soya frowned. “Far…I guess. I don’t understand the question.”

The group laughed, and while Ville tried to hold it in, he couldn’t help it, he leaned down and whispered in Soya’s ear. “Hän tarkoittaa, kuinka pitkälle voi taipua sängyssä?”(He means, how far can you bend in bed?)

“Oh!” Soya blushed and hid her face in Ville’s chest as she laughed, causing Ville to chuckle. She bit her lip and motioned for him to come lower, he bent down letting her whisper in his ear. “En tiedä kokemuksesta, mutta Josef sanoo sen melko pitkälle.”(I don’t know from experience, but Josef says it’s pretty far.)

She stood back on her feet and Ville straightened, staring at her. “Really?”

Soya laughed and pushed him. “You have a very dirty mind Mr. Valo.”

“Me!” Ville laughed. “You’re the one that started it!” he looked at Novak. “She says it’s pretty damn far Novak.” Novak smirked, but before he could respond, Ville put his hand up. “She’s not like that, so I wouldn’t even try it.”

“Damn.” Novak grumbled.

“So are you staying Soya?” Bam asked, for some reason feeling uncomfortable witnessing their exchange.

“Not this week.” Soya admitted. “I just came to drop Ville off, he was going to take a cab here and I just couldn’t stand to think of him paying that fare.”

“As if I didn’t have the money.” Ville muttered.

Soya rolled her eyes. “If it’s still all right with you, I was thinking about coming back up next week.”

“Not like you have much of a choice.” Ville pointed out, causing Soya to glare at him.

“No, yeah that’s totally fine.” Bam nodded.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to impose.” Soya asked, “Ow!” she looked up at Ville who wore an innocent smile. “Did you just pinch me?”

“No!”

“You pinched me!” she accused pushing away and looking at her hip where he’d pinched. “Ohhh! If this bruises you’re going to be in so much trouble!”

“Tell her she’s not imposing.” Ville said, knowing that Soya was looking for an out in asking.

Dunn smiled and shook his head. “Trust me, you’re not imposing, Bam has people coming and going from his house all the time. Novak and me being two of them, one more person won’t be making a difference.”

“Bam?” Soya asked.

“You’re not imposing.” Bam nodded. “Like Dunn said, I have people staying here all the time, it’s fine.”

Soya nodded and bit her lip. “Then I’ll be back next week.” She looked at Ville. “I should get going, I have to get up early tomorrow.”

“Stay,” Ville said. “I don’t like the idea of you driving back this late.”

“I’m surprised I’m allowed out of the house between you and Josef,” she muttered. “It’s fine Ville, I have to be in the studio early tomorrow and get some paperwork done.”

“You’ll be fine?”

Soya shook her head amused. “After all these years you’re still the same? Will Linde be following me home as well to make sure I make it through the door, or will it be Mige?”

“You’re hilarious.” Ville said dryly. “And if they were here it would probably be Linde.”

“Of course it would.” Soya said. “Would it make you feel better if I texted you the minute I walked in the door, like I will with Josef?”

“Marginally.”

“Then I’ll text you.” She nodded. “Now go, I can see your friends are getting impatient.”

Ville sighed and grabbed his bag and guitar case moving them out of the way of Soya’s car to let her get in. He tapped the window, causing her to roll it down once she started the car, he leaned in though the window and opened the consol at the center rummaging through it, before handing her a CD.

She took it with a frown, realizing it was his own CD, she laughed and pushed him away. “Just for that, I’m not listening to it.”

“Of course you will.”

She leaned in and kissed his cheek. “Olet ystävät odottavat, Ville.” (You’re friends are waiting, Ville.)

”Antakaa heidän odottaa”(Let them wait.) he whispered.

“I’ll text you the minute I walk in, promise.”

Ville nodded. “Ole varovainen, hyvä.”(Be careful, please)

“Lupaus”(promise) she nodded.

He stood straight and watched in amusement as she put the CD in the player, before rolling up her windows and pulling out of the driveway. Ville watched until the red lights of her car disappeared, he ran a hand through his hair and turned to his friends. Dunn looked amused, Bam looked confused, while Novak just looked proud.

“What?” Ville asked

“You dating that hot piece of ass?” Novak asked with a smirk.

Ville rolled his eyes. “Don’t call her that and no I’m not.”

“You’re not?” Dunn asked taken back. “You looked pretty fucking intimate to me.”

Ville shrugged. “We’ve always been that way. She’s a very close friend.”

“Right.” Dunn laughed as he walked away with Novak. “I give you guys two days after she comes back, before you’re hiding up in your room fucking.”

“You all right Bam-Bam?” Ville asked, deciding to ignore Dunn’s comments, hefting his bag over his shoulder and picking up his guitar.

“What? Yeah, I’m fine.” Bam nodded. “You’re rooms ready, by the way.”

“Thanks, I’m kind of tired, is it all right if I crash or did you have plans for us?”

“Nah,” Bam shook his head. “It’s all right if you crash, we’ll go out tomorrow.”

“All right.” Ville nodded as he walked towards the house.

Bam frowned at him then looked back out at his driveway where Soya had just driven off. That was the first time in a very long time he’d seen Ville that continuously happy. The smile hadn’t left the man’s face the entire time he was talking to Soya, not until she was driving away. Bam shook his head in confusion; how the hell had he missed that when he’d first seen them together?

XxxxxxX

Ville lay in bed, his back to the headboard while his legs were brought up so that he could rest his book on his knees while he read. He had tried going to sleep once he had settled into the room but he found that his worry about Soya driving back so late was keeping him up.

He looked at the clock and noticed that it was nearing one in the morning, which meant the Soya should have reached New York by now if traffic had been light like it had been when they drove to Westchester.

Sure enough fifteen minutes later his cell phone buzzed with a new message. He opened it and laughed when he saw it.

“All right I’m home you overprotective freaks, I’m going to bed and if either one of you wakes me up before eight, there will be hell to pay. Night – Soya.

Ville didn’t bother responding, having a feeling she’d probably passed out once she hit the bed. He had seen her yawn on the trip to Westchester, he could only assume how tired she was on the way back. Setting his book down and turning off the light, he settled into bed and found sleep easily, knowing the Soya was safely home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, it was def. fun to right. At the moment, I’m nine chapters ahead which is an amazing feat for me. So you guys have weekly posts to look forward to if I keep up in this manner, along with a sequel that I have running around in my head.

I was wondering, can anyone show me how to put hyperlinks up? I have the outfits used on Polyvore now, but I haven’t been able to figure out the hyperlinks. If someone’s willing to teach me, I would be forever grateful as I also have the YouTube video of The Dance of the Swans.

As usual, I love comments! They encourage me to keep writing and let me know people actually are reading this lol. So please comment!

-Kassandra