Status: Complete 12/14/11

Scream Me a Dream

Chapter 38: Dinner with a Warning

Soya threw her bag in the back, gesturing for Emmy and Regan to do the same while Ville collected his things from Bam’s car. She watched as he hugged Bam with a smile, before walking away towards Soya’s car as Bam got in his own car and drove off with a wave.

“Ready?” she asked as Ville put his bag in with the others.

“Ready.” Ville nodded as Soya closed the back and went towards the driver’s side.

“I really hate your fucking car.” Regan muttered as he got in.

“Hey!” Soya warned, causing Ville to raise an eyebrow, sure she was going to reprimand the teen for his language. “Keep hurting my car’s feelings and I’m not going to let you drive it anymore.”

Ville laughed as he got in, wincing at the lack of leg room causing Emmy, who was behind him to laugh. “Go ahead and push the seat back, you won’t bug me.”

“Thanks.” Ville laughed, pushing the seat back as Emmy folded her own legs underneath her.

“Kick my seat,” Soya warned, looking over at Regan who was prepared to do just that. “And we’re going to have problems.”

“Why can’t you have a bigger car?” Regan moaned.

“Why can’t you have shorter legs?” Soya moaned back, though she smiled at him as she started the car. “So where are we going to dinner?”

“Do we have to go out?” Emmy asked.

Soya shrugged. “I don’t think we have anything in the refrigerator to cook, not that I really want to cook.”

“Can we order in?” Ville asked.

“Order in it is.” Soya agreed, not really wanting to deal with crowded restaurants anyway.

“Can we do pizza?” Regan asked causing Emmy and Soya to groan in unison. Ville watched the conversation in amusement.

“We ate pizza two nights ago at my house.” Emmy told him. “Aren’t you sick of it yet?”

“Who the hell gets tired of pizza? It’s an essential food group.” Regan said, looking at his girlfriend as if she were crazy for even making the suggestion.

“In what world is pizza part of a food group?” Soya laughed.

“My world, I say pizza.” Regan said with a decisive nod.

“Veto.” Emmy said.

“I second.” Soya shook her head as she stopped at a red light. “Chinese?”

“Ew.” Regan grimaced. “No.”

“We can’t revolve our menu around your pickiness.” Emmy told her boyfriend. “I say our guest of honor should decide.” Emmy said looking at Ville. “You craving anything?”

“I’m fine with what you decide.” Ville admitted, not sure what everyone else liked.

Emmy sighed. “Well, that doesn’t help.”

“Tony’s?” Soya asked making the turn onto her street.

“Italian’s good,” Emmy agreed. “Doesn’t he do personal pizzas too?”

“Tony’s it is.” Regan nodded.

Soya laughed. “Glad we found something that satisfies your extensive pallet, Regan.”

“I’m glad too.” Regan smirked as Soya parked in front of the townhouse.

“Grab the bags from the back and I’ll go put in the order.”

“Deal.” Emmy said as they got out of the car, she looked at Ville. “Don’t worry, we got yours too.”

“Thanks.” Ville laughed as he got out of the car and followed Soya up the steps and into the house as she flipped on the lights. She dropped her purse on the couch before heading to the kitchen to pick up the phone.

“Anything in particular you want?” she asked opening one of the drawers and scrounging around the take out menus before finding Tony’s and handing it to Ville.

“You save take out menus?” Ville asked with a laugh.

“Don’t act like you don’t do it too, you hermit.” Soya laughed as she dialed the number and put the phone to her ear as Ville looked through the menu. “Hey, Jamie!” Soya greeted. “Yeah, can I get one personal pepperoni pizza, one chicken Alfredo, one shrimp Scampi, and…” she looked at Ville as he pointed to what he wanted on the menu. “Oh! Make that two chicken alfredos.” Soya nodded as Jamie told her the total. “Thanks Jamie, no, no, twenty minutes is perfect. Ok, bye.” Soya smiled as she hung up the phone, only to wince when she heard the front door slam shut.

“Sorry!” Regan’s muffled voice shouted, causing Soya to shake her head amused.

“Grab your bag, we’ll take it up to my room.”

Ville smirked. “So forward, Miss. Toivonen. Who says I’m sleeping with you?”

Soya smirked back. “Your options are me, Emmy and Regan will not let you anywhere near that bed, Josef, who will mostly likely grope you, and the living room floor since Regan’s on the couch, oh! And he snores.”

“And you don’t?” Ville laughed as he went to the living room to retrieve his bag.

“I’ll have you know,” Soya started as she let him up the stairs to her room. “That I have never once snored.”

“As the man that spent the last week sleeping in the same bed as you, I think I would have the better knowledge of your snoring habits.” Ville teased.

Soya looked over her shoulder and glared at him. “I don’t snore, trust me, I’ve spent that last eight years sharing hotel rooms with Josef, and he would be the first person to tell me I not only snored, but take me to the nearest pharmacy so I could get any available product under the earth so I could rectify the situation. He hates having his beauty sleep interrupted.”

Ville laughed and followed her into her room. “You’re so fun to rile up Soya.”

Soya rolled her eyes, as she grabbed her pajamas out from under her pillow. “Yes, make fun of innocent little Soya.” She turned and stuck her tongue out at him, causing Ville to laugh. “I’m going to change in my closet.” She said, flipping the light switch in her closet. “You can change in here.”

Ville nodded as he set his bag on top of her bed and scrounged around in it until he found his grey sleep pants and a black shirt. If it had just been him and Soya he would have forgone the shirt, seeing as he tended to sleep without one anyway, but he didn’t think Regan would appreciate Ville walking around half naked with his girlfriend in the house.

He was just pulling the shirt over his head when Soya walked out of her closet, wearing her blue boxer shorts and a very familiar 69 Eyes shirt.

“That shirt looks familiar.” Ville said, tugging on the hem of her shirt, bringing her closer.

Soya looked down and shrugged innocently. “Don’t know why, Jyrki gave it to me when I saw him.”

“Lies.” Ville laughed. “I was looking for this all over the damn room when I was packing up. You stole another one!”

“You should stop leaving them lying around, then.” Soya smirked, looking up at him.

“I’m going to go home without shirts.” Ville chuckled. “How many have you stolen already?”

Soya thought about the shirt she had stolen when she’d seen him during his concert three weeks ago, the Hanoi Rocks shirt she’d taken her first night in Westchester, the shirt she was currently wearing and the Rolling Stones shirt he still didn’t know she’d taken.

“Three.” She lied, giving him an innocent smile.

“What lies you tell.” Ville laughed as he led her out of the room. “You thought about that answer much too long.”

“It’s three.” She laughed. “And you’re not getting them back.”

“It’s a good thing I’m going home tomorrow then. If I’d stayed any longer, I’d probably have to go back on tour without any shirts to wear.”

“I don’t think your female fans mind you not wearing a shirt Ville.” Soya laughed as she opened the refrigerator door and pulled out two waters and a can of Coke.

“Yes, but I’m pretty sure the rest of the band sees enough of my chest while on stage, they don’t need it on the bus too.” he laughed, “Water’s fine.” He said as Soya motioned for him to pick his beverage.

“As if your mother couldn’t send you more.” Soya stuck out her tongue as they walked into the living room.

“I’m thirty three Soya; I don’t need my mother to send me clothes.” Ville defended.

Soya snorted as she put the drinks on the table, and started clearing the surface, knowing they would end up eating in the living room. She piled the magazines and books up and started moving them to the floor near the entertainment center. “You act as if your mother still didn’t buy your underwear and socks.”

“Only when she knows I need them.” Ville muttered as he started to help her.

“I’m not judging you Ville, I think it’s sweet. I also know that she still buys Jesse’s.” Soya grinned at him as she fell onto the couch, Ville next to her. Ville looked around and saw that they were alone, but also besides his own breathing and Soya’s he didn’t hear anything else.

“Where are Regan and Emmy?”

Soya shrugged, picking polish off her nails. “Outside, probably necking.”

Ville couldn’t help the teasing grin that he shot her. “Necking?”

Soya nodded slowly. “Kissing.”

“I know what ‘necking’ is Soya.” Ville laughed. “I’m just wondering if you’re the only person in the world that still uses the expression.”

“I’m pretty sure I’m not.” Soya frowned, before turning up to look at him only to roll her eyes when she saw the teasing grin. “You’re annoying.”

“Ah, but you love me, don’t you Soya?” Ville laughed, pulling her closer to him.

“Unfortunately.” Soya muttered, grinning back up at him.

“So why are they outside in the cold kissing?” Ville asked.

Soya rolled her eyes. “Josef and his stupid rules. We knew that with Regan came Emmy, so Emmy’s been a pretty big fixture in the house this past week. So knowing this, Josef told Regan that he didn’t want them making out or anything else in the house. The only thing they’re allowed to do is hold hands and sit close to each other.”

“Why?” Ville asked.

Soya shrugged. “Josef probably just doesn’t want to see it, or walk in on anything.” Soya laughed. “But Regan humors him, even when Josef isn’t here they sit out front or out back and just talk or kiss.”

“So Regan’s doing well here?” Ville asked.

“Very well.” Soya nodded, resting her chin on his arm, only for Ville to turn so he was lying on the couch with Soya on top of him. His arm wrapped around her waist keeping her in place while the other started taking the pins out of her hair.

“Are you still adjusting to another person in the house?” Ville asked, placing the pins he had taken out in the palm of Soya’s hand that was resting on his chest.

“Not really.” Soya shrugged. “It’s a known fact that Josef hates having other people in the house that aren’t close friends, mostly because he feels that this is our space and no one else should intrude on it, but Regan has fit in perfectly. We have all found our rhythm for weekdays, we’re all in and out of the house all day and the studio isn’t too far of a walk from the school so Regan heads there to pick up my car and comes here or to help out. He’s a wonderful kid.”

Ville watched as Soya shook her hair out, bringing his free hand up to spread it over her back. “He looks up to you.”

Soya shrugged. “He’s like a little brother.” She admitted. “I know I’m his guardian, but Regan and I, we’ve always had this very comfortable relationship and it falls in the category of siblings. He’s a sweet boy; I don’t think either one of us regrets this decision. I know I don’t.”

“He doesn’t either.” Ville said, leaning up and kissing her softly, causing her eyes to close. “You’ve done a wonderful thing.”

Soya opened her eyes meeting his darkening green ones. “It’s not a big deal Ville.”

“Very big deal.” He murmured leaning in to kiss her again, not hearing the door open and close.

“It’s not fair that I have to kiss my girlfriend outside in the freezing cold, but you get to kiss your boyfriend inside.”

Soya pulled away from Ville and peeked her head over the couch to see Emmy grinning at her, holding two plastic bags, while Regan had his arms crossed over his chest looking annoyed.

“The kissing outside isn’t my rule,” Soya shrugged. “So it doesn’t apply to me.” She stuck out her tongue before moving off Ville. “Did you pay Jamie?”

“She’s still outside waiting.” Regan told her.

“Wonderful, grab the plates I’ll go pay her.” Soya said, grabbing her purse from under Ville’s legs and heading to pay her delivery girl.

“I still don’t think it’s fair.” Regan muttered.

“And he’s not my boyfriend.” Soya told Regan before closing the door behind her.

“If it makes you feel better, I initiated it.” Ville told him.

Emmy waved her hand in dismissal. “It’s not, he feels like whining tonight.” She turned to her boyfriend as she grabbed the other bag from his hand. “Go grab the plates and forks, baby.”

“Fine.” Regan sighed going to the kitchen.

“Ignore his moods,” Emmy told Ville as she set the bags on the table and started taking out the white Styrofoam boxes, sorting out the food. “He’s stressed with finals coming up; it’s the first year he’s actually studied for them. On a normal day, Regan’s pretty laid back.”

“Good to know.”

“That and he’s fiercely protective of Soya, so I’m not sure how he feels about you macking on her.”

Ville laughed. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Regan came back into the living room with forks and napkins only for Emmy to stare at him. “What?” he asked.

“Plates?”

“It’s my turn to do the dishes and I don’t want to wash them when the food is already in a plate we can throw away.”

Emmy shook her head and went to the kitchen herself as Soya came into the living room and looked at the table. “We need plates.” Soya pointed out.

“I’m not washing dishes.” Regan whined causing Soya to smile.

“I’ll wash them.” Emmy groaned thrusting a plate in Regan’s hand, before handing one to Ville, then Soya. Emmy put a spare plate in the center of the table, as Soya scrounged around the bags before pulling out a bulky foil package unraveling it, revealing breadsticks.

“I have the feeling Tony’s is a fixture in this household.” Ville teased as he watched Emmy, Regan and Soya all prepare their plates as if they’d all done the routine a million time before.

“Only when I’m off season and don’t have to watch my weight.” Soya said, absently, only to straighten and frown at her words.

“What?” Ville asked.

“Nothing,” Soya said with a shake of her head. “I just felt like my mother for a second, and that didn’t feel good.”

Ville smirked. “You don’t resemble Elizabeth in the slightest.”

Soya laughed. “That is the best compliment I have ever heard, thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Ville nodded as he transferred his pasta from the take out box to his plate. Once they fixed their plates Soya settled down on the floor between Ville’s legs while he balanced his plate on his knee, Regan and Emmy sitting on the opposite side on the floor.

“So how’d you two meet?” Emmy asked innocently, Soya didn’t talk much about Ville other than saying that he was a close friend from Finland.

“I feel like I’ve told this story so many times these past few weeks.” Soya groaned.

“We met at my father’s shop.” Ville answered for her.

Regan choked on a piece of his pizza looking wide eyed at Soya while Emmy frowned as she patted his back. “What type of shop?”

Soya laughed, but felt her cheeks heat anyway as they always did when she talked about meeting Ville. “His father owns an adult toy store.”

“I never thought you even knew what an adult toy store was.” Regan admitted.

“I…” Soya laughed. “Just because my room isn’t a revolving door of men, doesn’t mean I’m naïve when it comes to sex. And I didn’t go in for myself; my older girlfriends went in and dragged me along with them.”

“She thought she’d stay hidden if she stayed by the door, but I saw her and made her stand closer.” Ville told them and then admitted something he had only said to Mige and Linde. “I knew the minute she snapped at me that we would be friends.”

“You did not!” Soya laughed.

“I did.” Ville nodded. “You were far too interesting and too pretty for me to just let go. It’s the reason I went that Wednesday to pick you up from the studio.”

Soya slapped his leg, making him reach for his plate before it toppled onto the floor. “It’s also the reason you kept me hidden from Mige and Linde.”

“There’s that too.” Ville grinned, before looking over at Regan. “Soya says she met you through her studio.”

“Sort of.” Regan hedged. “I actually met her outside my social worker’s office after I punched a mirror.”

Ville raised an eyebrow and looked at Soya for an explanation; Soya looked back up at him and shrugged. “I met Amelia through Ben; I had a meeting with her to talk about setting up some free classes for some of the kids she worked with.”

“She walked in.” Regan said, getting Ville’s attention. “Saw me sitting on the chair holding my bloody hand, put everything down, grabbed me and dragged me to the girls’ bathroom and started cleaning me up.” Regan grinned at Soya, who smiled back. “I remember thinking that this chick was crazy. She kept rambling on about how she didn’t know many young boys but her little sister was always running into walls so she understood accidents.”

“I didn’t know he’d slammed his fist in the mirror of the boys’ bathroom in a fit of anger.” Soya muttered when Ville laughed at her.

“She really didn’t ask questions,” Regan admitted. “Which I admit I liked, ever since I got put in the system, I was asked questions. My social worker, my therapist, my foster parents, my dad, they all ask questions. Soya didn’t, it was refreshing.”

“She is definitely a breath of fresh air.” Ville murmured, leaning down to kiss the top of her head.

“Charmer.” She laughed, smiling at him. The rest of the night was spent finishing dinner, while Regan, Soya and Emmy told Ville stories of their five years at the dance studio.

Ville found out that he had been right in his little speech earlier in the evening. Soya was so much more than a dance teacher to her students. He found out from Emmy that because Soya was so close to her older students, she’d helped organize their junior prom the year before and had helped the younger students in their own school events; she made herself available for them outside her classroom. Emmy had even told Ville that many of the students even had Soya’s and Josef’s cell phone numbers with the knowledge that if the students ever needed them for anything, to call.

He had always known Soya had a large heart, even with her upbringing, she had always loved helping people, but it still amazed him how deeply she cared for the children she worked with. He thought this over as he brushed his teeth in Soya’s bathroom while Soya and Emmy set up Regan’s bed on the couch they had all just vacated.

He spit out the toothpaste running the water to clean his toothbrush and putting it back in its case, before leaving the bathroom only to stop when he saw Regan at the door frowning at the floor.

“Uh…everything okay?” Ville asked.

“Can I talk to you?” Regan asked.

Ville nodded slowly. “Sure, what about?”

Regan took a step into the bathroom shutting the door behind him, causing Ville to raise an eyebrow and lean his hip against the sink counter.

“Soya’s been nothing but kind to me you know? She’s like an older sister and I love her a lot. She didn’t have to take me in like she did and she doesn’t have to be so involved in my life and what I do with it, but she is and I love her even more for it. Really she’s like that with everyone.”

“I know.” Ville nodded.

Regan sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Look, I’m a fan of your music, seriously huge.”

“Thanks.” Ville smiled.

“But if you in anyway hurt my sister, I will kick your ass so hard that all you’ll be singing is high notes the rest of your life.”

Ville smirked and couldn’t help but like the kid who was glaring at him. As far as he could remember this was the only time a family member of a girl he was dating had threatened him with bodily harm, and technically he and Soya weren’t even dating yet. The fact that Regan cared so much for Soya to even make the threat had Ville agreeing to the terms without hesitation and speaking truthfully.

“I have no intention in hurting Soya,” Ville assured. “I care about her too much to ever cause her any type of pain, but if I should hurt her, I’m pretty sure you’re going to have to get in line to kick my ass. I’ll keep your warning in mind though.” Ville said.

“Good.” Regan said with a sharp nod as he opened the door. “Now…Soya said you would sign my CD so I’m going to grab it.”

Ville couldn’t help but laugh as he watched Regan leave the bathroom and go towards his room. Yeah, he definitely liked the kid.

“Regan’s a great kid.” Ville said as he closed the door to Soya’s room.

Soya nodded. “He really is, thanks for signing his CD and his poster.”

Ville shrugged as he sat down on the edge of the bed, watching Soya as she braided her hair, a nightly ritual he had grown fond of while she had spent the week in Westchester. “I don’t mind, you know that. I like your hair down.”

“Mmm, I know.” She said, looking at him over her shoulder as she tied the end of her braid with a blue band, walking over to him. “But when I roll over in bed I end up pulling on it. Those are the nights I seriously consider chopping it all off.”

He pulled the hem of her shirt so she was standing between his legs, while her arms wrapped loosely around his neck, his own arms finding their way around her waist so he could rest his forehead on her stomach, his eyes fluttered closed and stayed closed even when he felt her slightly shaking with laughter.

“Truthfully, when was the last time you slept?” She asked, running her fingers through his hair.

“Mmmm, long periods of time or just in general? Because I slept for about two hours last night.”

“Long periods of time.” Soya answered.

“Last Friday night.” Soya couldn’t help but give a small giggle, causing him to lean back. “What?” he asked.

“I haven’t slept for a full eight hours since I left.” Soya told him, cupping his cheeks. “Only an hour or two.”

Ville groaned as he fell back on her bed. “We are so fucked.”

Soya laughed as she lay on top of him. “I’d say we are, yes.”

Ville stretched, to look over at her clock only to frown when he felt something under Soya’s pillow. Lifting his head, he pulled the soft material out from under her pillow, only for her to try and snatch it back.

“Soya,” he asked amused “Is this my Rolling Stones shirt?”
♠ ♠ ♠
As always, thank you all again for your wonderful comments, they definitely keep me writing! Right now I’m about finished with chapter 47 and that one has been fun to write.

I think the most frequently asked request from you guys is that I post more often, and I have my own personal goal for this week, in order to achieve that but until I achieve that goal, twice a week is all I’m going to be able to do to right now in order to continually post. :D but I’ll try my best to try and go to three times a week. Try being the key word lol.

The preview for the next chapter has been picked, you know what to do to get it :P (comment, for those who don’t know lol)

Hope you enjoyed!! Next chapter up Saturday!

-Kassandra