Status: Completed

Reminiscing

Chapter 2

“So, since it’s the first day of school, I thought I’d let you have it easy for today. We’re going to be starting a project that will take up most of this semester, because to be honest with you guys, I can’t be bothered to teach you,” Many of the girls giggled at this, they were all twirling their hair and giving googly eyes at him. It completely repulsed me, not just because I find no attraction to girls whatsoever, but because they were parading themselves as whores. It was disgusting. “Just pick an emotion and go with it, you can create whatever you like, whether is be a drawing, painting or even a clay model, I don’t really care. So … get started I guess.”

The class immediately started to talk amongst themselves, discussing what they were going to do for this art project. I myself was too preoccupied in studying Mr Way, he seemed really nervous and awkward when he was explaining what we had to do. My guess is that he’s either just started teaching or he’s just that type of person. Eventually I decided that I was wasting my time in trying to figure out Mr Way, instead I started to think of which emotion I was going to chose. Right now it was between anger and sadness, but I think that if I chose anger I’d end up breaking my pencil.

In the end I decided to go with sadness, but I wanted to make it a certain type of sadness. Heartbreak. An emotion I had experienced many times before. I wasn’t entirely sure how I was going to go about expressing myself but I was defiantly going to draw it, I can’t mix paints for llamas and clay just doesn’t seem to like me that much. Plus with drawing I could just do it in black and white so it would take less time, heck, I could have it done by the end of this lesson if I wanted to.

Whilst everyone else was still chattering about what they did this summer, I pulled out a blank sketch book and started to draw aimlessly. My summer wasn’t really that interesting to be honest with you, it was just me and my mom at home since my dad left us when I was 9, he was never really much of a father anyways. All I did this summer was sit on my lazy ass, watch TV and practice guitar. My guitar is probably the most precious thing I own, it’s white les Paul and I named her Pansy.

I looked down at my paper to see a crumpled heart, I didn’t like the look of it so I screwed up the piece of paper and started again. This time it turned out to be a hand gripping a flower, and something dripping from it, whether it be blood or something else I’m not quite sure, all I know is that I like the looks of it so far. I continued to shade in the necessary areas when I felt the presence of someone in front of me, that and they were blocking my light. I looked up and was met with the unmistakable eyes of Mr Way.

“Hey.” He said, greeting me casually before taking a seat in top of the desk next to mine.

“Erm, h-hi Mr Way.” I stuttered, I could already tell that my cheeks were starting to heat up.

“Please, call me Gerard.” He smiled at me, showing most of his teeth, it was kind of cute that his teeth were so small but they suited him. wait, did I just callMr Way Gerard cute?

“O-oh, sorry Gerard.” I apologised, stumbling over my words slightly.

“So, what’re you drawing there?” he asked, pointing to the piece of paper I was trying to shield from his view with my hands but in the end I gave up and handed him the sheet of paper. He examined it for a few moments before responding. “I’m guessing you’re portraying frustration or pain of some sort?” I nodded, I didn’t think anyone would get what I was trying to express but I guess that’s just because he’s an art teacher “This is really good, I really like it.”

“Really?” I questioned, I hope he wasn’t just patronising me.

“Yeah I mean it, it looks like you’re almost done with it.”

“I think so. So ... is this you’re first teaching job or something?”

“Uh-huh, I just finished college and I’m not really getting anywhere with promoting my art work so I took a job here, all I really need is to pay off college bills.” He explained openly.

“I’m guessing that teaching wasn’t you’re first choice then?”

“Nah, to be honest with you it’s really boring. Plus, I never thought that I’d be back here off my own free will.” He chuckled.

“You mean you went to school here?”

“Yep, it wasn’t the best high school experience but I guess it made me who I am today. So how’ve you survived through high school?”

“I don’t know really, I just try to get good grades and stay out of people’s way really. Not that it matters, they’ll still find a way to take the piss out of me some how.”

“What do you mean? Why would anyone make fun of you?” he asked, what was I supposed to say, because I’m gay? No, what if he’s homophobic? I’d really like to get to know him and that could be a major conversation killer.

“Oh erm, I don’t know really. I’m an easy target I guess.” I said, offering a small, strained smile. Just then, the bell rang for lunch and most of the students started to pack away their things and file out of the classroom.

“Okay class, I’ll see you guys tomorrow, keep working on you’re projects!” Gerard announced to the class, half of which were already leaving before he had finished speaking. I sighed before shoving my stuff into my messenger bag and slinging the strap over my shoulder.

“See ya ‘round, Gerard.” I said with a wave before I exited the classroom and headed off towards my locker. I shuffled through the many students in the corridor until I reached my locker, the disadvantages of being short are that you’re either really unnoticed or really noticeable. I entered my combination and pulled open the locker door where I started to shove my books into it, before I was so rudely interrupted.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey, thank you guys so much for reading <333
here's the picture Frankie drew, i found it randomly on the internet and htough it was pretty xD

Image

i'd like some feed back from you guys, even if it is criticism, i just wanna know xD
keep commenting and subscrbing guys! <333