Status: It's supposed to be updated daily. But I will update it as soon as possible depends on my busy college life :D

No Strings Attached, Please?

THIRTY

Cam opened the door of the private limousine he rented for the two of us and once we arrived at the school, he then helped me to get out of the limo. His eyes lurked to where my low dress hung as I gave him a quick show of my cleavage. I smirked and slapped him lightly but he only grinned as he whispered me something about taking my dress off by himself.

Walking to the gym, we were met by the prom photographer who took pictures of me and Cam together. Cam even kissed me hard on one of the pictures. After that we proceeded inside the gym with some of the couples.

The gym was magically decorated with carton snowflakes which hung everywhere. Gust of confetti’s were flying through a big fan on the back side of gym as balloons were thrown to the dance floor. Some kids were dancing wildly on the dance floor and it was really loud as if it was a night club. People were chatting, dancing, eating and drinking in that gym as I tried to find some people I knew.

I spotted Carlton on the far side of table where he was sitting with Farrah Siswotedjo and they were chatting. Carlton looked happy as they toasted and drank their cocktail, on the other side, I found Bridget was on the dance floor, dancing with Ronald Clamp, a computer geek that thought he was the hottest dude in school and just as much of a douchebag as Mr. Cam Garrettson here. I wondered why would Bridget dance with Ronald instead of Kale. I heard Kale and Bridget went together to Prom even though the aura between them was still tense.

The DJ on stage was playing some hip RnB song as some kids were dancing vigorously on the dance floor, Cam suddenly wolf whistled.

“Nice set up here, let’s dance, babe…” Cam dragged me but I held him back.

“Not now, I’m starved and thirsty” I said honestly. It’s dinner time, and I was starved as a lion.

“Oh come on… it’s my favorite song..” his grip on my hand got tighter making me wince.

“Cam, please…” I struggled to get his hand off my wrist and then he threw my hand back.

“One quick dance” he insisted and then I weakly followed him to the dance floor. Cam started to dance as he put his hands on my hips while I moved my hips to the song.

“God, you’re some sexy, Sav. I love the dress” Cam smirked. I rolled my eyes, he only complimented my dress because it was a low dress that showed my cleavage much and Cam surely liked it. He leaned in and began to kiss me while we danced. But then his lips moved from my lips, down to my neck. I struggled to battle the sensation that Cam gave me as I closed my eyes tightly. But then Cam stopped when Coach Wood came to us and gripped Cam’s shoulder.

“The rules of this year Prom is Stay PG, Garretson, hold up your girly panties in a bunch, I won’t tolerate some kids here trying to ruin the night by those sexual display, even my best player like you, Garretson” Coach’s voice was stern and Cam gave in. We pulled away and Coach walked away trying to get another victim.

“Stupid old man doesn’t know how to enjoy the party” Cam muttered while we still danced.

“What can I say, he hates dance parties. Well, can we get something to eat now?” I asked and stopped swaying my hips to the song.

“Yeah whatever, but once you’re full, you owe me bigger than just a dance” he smirked and whispered it to me. He smooched me on the lips and gave me a numbing feeling on my lips. I silently groaned, this wasn’t what I planned to do. I shouldn’t have gone to Prom, and I should have dumped Cam because he was starting to irritate me.

We walked to the vacant table that was near to the dance floor. After taking the appetizer from the buffet table, my eyes saw something interesting on the dance floor. It was Kale who cut the dance that Bridget and Ronald had. Kale looked furious and jealous as Bridget looked annoyed that Kale cut off her dance with Ronald but Kale and Bridget danced anyway.

“Hmm this Prawn Salad is quite yummy don’t ya think?” Cam commented as he swept all the salad on his plate into his mouth.

“Yeah,” I said as I aimlessly ate the salad. While chewing the meal, I was watching the dance floor to watch Bridget and Kale, they looked cozy and seemed like Bridget finally gave in because she wrapped Kale’s neck with her tiny arms. I smiled in amusement and was glad that they finally could work it out. Meanwhile, I turned to the spot where I could see a couple was being too comfortable at the dim table near the DJ.

My eyes locked with Nat’s eyes, he was watching me from the distance as Lynn’s head was on his neck, probably trying to get him some hickey, but Nat didn’t look like he was distracted by it. He just watched me with his intense stare. I quickly looked away and found Cam next to me who was grinning from ear to ear as he gave me an envelope.

“What’s this?” I frowned at the sight of crème envelope in my hand. There only was written ‘For Savannah’”

“A present for you,”

I blushed, “Oh Cam, but I didn’t get you anything… I feel bad and I can’t take this…” but silently I wondered what’s on the envelope? What great present that could fit into an envelope?

“Nah, I want it to give it to you… just open it..” he smirked as he scooted closer to me.

“Ok…” I said as I slowly opened the envelope and found a card and a ring? Holy shit, a ring? What the fuck with it? My eyes widened and Cam looked happy to find I was so stunned to find the items.

“What’s this, Cam?” I swallowed hard. I hope it’s not something horrible. I stared at the ring with two beautiful diamonds on it. I bet this cost a fortune!

I lifted up my face and found Cam was as red as tomato. “You see that we didn’t make it official between us… I never asked you to be my girlfriend, on the other way, with our relationship now, I just think I really, really want you to be mine, Savannah. I mean it. I guess I’m in love with you, and I enjoy the life being with you… Well, this is not an engagement ring, it’s more like a promise ring for you so you could believe that I’m serious with you…”

Mother…

What did I just get myself into? I didn’t mean to make this guy fall in love with me. Whoa, whoa. He said he loved me? I didn’t even feel anything with him, so how could I accept this promise ring when I was planning to break up with him after Prom?!

“You’re a nice girl, you can put up with my nature of being a player, that’s why I stopped. I think you’re an amazing girl that I want to spend my life with” his stare was genuine as he held my hand. “And this card, is a key to a room at Ritz Carlton and tonight, I want to spent this night with you, Sav… and of course doing some earth-shattering sex ever” he burst to laughter.

Fuck, I was screwed.

Never in a million years could I hear that the Cameron Garretson could do this cheesy thing to a girl, and that girl was me.

“Cam.. I.. it’s…” I paused. I knew this couldn’t be happening. I didn’t love Cam that way, not even close to like-liking him. We just screwed each other, that’s all. I never meant for him to fall for me. “Cam, don’t you think it’s too soon? We uhh… we just got together for four months and this ring is too beautiful for me…” I said then I pursued my lips into a thin line.

Cam’s jaw was clenched, “What are you trying to say?”

“..I.. uh.. I just can’t take this, Cam. I believe that what we feel for each other is different… I love the ring really much, but I think it’s too early for us. We still have our academic plan in a University, I still need to finish my study at Sorbonne… I appreciate your attempt but I just can’t take this, Cam. It’s too good for me and too early for us”

“Jeez, Sav… relax, it’s not like we’re going to engage tomorrow, this is only a promise ring to show you how I’m being serious with you…” Cam let out his forced chuckle but I didn’t join him. I stared at him in pity, maybe it’s time that I should tell him that we’re not meant to be together.

“Cam, I believe you misunderstood my feelings towards you… Our feeling isn’t mutual, what we feel for each other is different, I am really sorry that I don’t feel the same way as you, Cam…”

Cam’s face was drained, like he just got sentenced to death. “But, Savannah—“ his voice was sounded like he was begging.

“I’m sorry, I think I need to go to the bathroom first…” I said as I got up from my seat and walked out from the gym to the powder room. Shutting the door I was met by my reflection inside the girls’ room.

“Gosh, is that how it feels like when you’ve been sorta proposed? Damn, it’s fucking creepy!” I said to myself. I turned the tap on and quickly rinsed my face to freshen it up. I looked like I just saw a ghost. Damn Cam, I still couldn’t believe that Cam would give me a ring like that! I thought we both had the same commitment issue, but I guess it’s only me.

As I redid my make up, I heard a faint voice of moan that came from one of the cubicle. Oh shit, I think somebody were up for something there. I put back my cosmetic into my purse and slowly bent down to find two pair of legs inside the cubicle, one pair was happened to be boy’s.

Wait, the boy was wearing familiar shoes. Only one guy that I knew who came to the Prom with Converse.

God, I even held my breath to listen to the couple. Who was Kale banging inside girls’ cubicle? Wait, was it Bridget? Damn, I didn’t know, but I hope it’s Bridget because if it’s another woman, I’d chop Kale’s dick and feed it to his dogs.

Hesitating, I decided to get out from the powder room. It’s somehow embarrassing and disgusting to listen to them. Geez, why would they choose the powder room? I quickly walked back to the gym but I was stopped when I accidentally bumped someone.

Nat’s body was towering over mine while he stared at me with the glint of happiness, it showed by the smile on the crook of his lips. Bipolar much, Nathaniel?

“We really need to talk, Sav…” he said. He didn’t give me much of an option and a chance to speak, he just dragged me to the far side of the deserted corridor and gently pushed me to the wall, his right arm on the wall.

“I think, there’s no more to talk about, Nat. You’ve made it clear…” I said bitterly.

“Hey, says who avoided me, huh?”

“Excuse me, I think you forgot that every time I came close to you, you always acted different and tended to stay away from me. You’re a fucking weirdo.”

Nat didn’t reply, of course, he admitted that it’s his fault in the first place.

“Right, I’m sorry, I just.. I don’t know how to act when I’m around you, you see you rejected me. I thought you liked me or something close”

“Well, if you really wanted to talk to me that much, you could’ve looked for me. Well, seems like you’re too much a coward to face your own problem. I did come to you to clear the things out, but you’re being immature and chose to stay away from me”

Nat swallowed hard, he looked as if he was slapped by my words.

“Fine, I admit it that I was too scared, I was too girly to face you. It’s just that I was really hurt when you rejected me. I really like you so much, Savannah and you treated me like shit.

He looked down as he scratched his tousled soft hair in frustration. “I thought you liked me after what we’ve been doing, I thought you cared about me, and to find that you rejected me that way, it screwed me out of my brain. Now, I’m here to face you like a real gentleman because I want to know what’s been running through that beautiful head of yours. I just need to know what you really feel about me, because it’s really torturing to find this cliffhanger. I want to know the fact, Sav. Just please tell me the truth…”

His breath continuously met my face, it smelled like mint. The old feelings when we were both were kissing hard came back to me just because of the scent of his cologne. The scent pulled me back to memories where we had sweet memories together and the time when he held me close. I really missed the warmth of his body.

“You’re asking me for the truth and meanwhile you don’t even give me an answer. You’re telling me that you like me really much then why in the hell are you still with Lynn? If you liked me for real, you would have dumped her. But see how it goes now, you two are still together. I don’t get what’s on your head, Nathaniel. Why would you ask about my feelings when you’re still dating Lynn. I think it’s useless and it doesn’t make any impact on your part.”

“I’m planning to break up with her tonight, for God’s sake! You have no idea what I’ve been through the whole month while still being her boyfriend. I’m still keeping up with her because she begs me to. She knows that I don’t feel the same way about her anymore, that I don’t feel anything special with her anymore. But, she still held me because turns out, she loves me, and she’s being serious with me because she thinks that I’m her first boyfriend who respects her the way that she is.

She knows that I’m interested in you, so she threatened me that if I come any close to you, she will commit suicide. It’s really straining to go out with a girl you don’t feel anything with, and the crazy one at that. I numerously told her we don’t work out anymore, but she insisted on keeping the relationship up, giving her crying power to make me feel bad. But tonight, I am determined to break up with her.

I just need your honest answer now, what do you feel about me, Savannah? Because since the last time we talked until now, my feelings for you doesn’t and won’t change. I still like you, maybe even close to love, sorry if it sounds creepy for you, but that’s how I feel.”

Under similar circumstances if I was cool with Nat, probably I would die of laughter because he sounded so cheesy and Romeo-like. But in this situation, my heart was thumping frantically inside my ribcage, he genuinely said that.

He liked me for real and I like him really much… so what’s holding me back?

Could it be my happy ending?

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Gazillion thank you goes to my Proof Readers:
Thea

SEE? I didn't break my promise this time. I did update two chapters in one night :D