Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 18

“You shouldn’t be here,” Rhian stated matter of factly as she opened the door to allow Andie into the house.

“But you said…” Andie began, confused.

“You need to go home, to talk to Brian, explain why you freaked out as well as be with your daughter.” Rhian said as Andie followed her into the living room.

“I can’t, not yet. He needs time to think.” She protested, joining Rhian on the sofa.

“No he doesn’t. He loves you and wants to be with you.” she replied.

“But he-“

“He what? Didn’t react the way you were expecting? What were you expecting? Cartwheels? Fireworks?” she yelled.

“No, but I just-“ Andie stuttered before Rhian continued.

“He’d just received his divorce papers. He-“

“Which he knew he was going to get at some point!” Andie interrupted quickly.

Rhian gave an exasperated sigh, “Yes he did, but that didn’t stop it being a shock when they arrived. But that doesn’t mean that it’s because he’s having second thoughts, or regrets leaving Michelle or that he doesn’t love you. But it’s ten years of his life. Surly you can understand that it’s not that easy just to sign it away.”

Andie stared at her, a slight look of confusion on her face as she thought about what Rhian had said. “But…”

“But nothing! That man fucking loves you; he wants to be with you. He’s left his wife for you, been through hell with his kids for you. Andie, you know I love you, but you’re being stupid right now. You’re totally over reacting to this.” Rhian told her with a sigh.

Nervously nibbling on her lower lip, Andie sighed. She had to admit that her friend was right. She had over-reacted. But she’d been scared. The more time she spent with Brian, being a family with him and Abigail, the more she loved him. She knew that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him, that she’d found ‘the one’. It scared her more than anything to think that she would lose Brian.

“You’re right. Fuck, of course you’re right!” Andie yelled, almost launching herself off the sofa.

“Where are you going?” Rhian called after her.

“Home, to Brian and my daughter, where I should be.” She replied as she ran through the front door, almost knocking Jimmy over as he made to let himself into his house.

“Thank fuck for that.” Rhian muttered with a smile, as Jimmy stood, confused in the doorway.

“Dare I ask?” he asked as he shut the door, turning to face her.

“Probably best you don’t.” she replied with an exasperated smile.

“Fair enough.” Jimmy replied with a smile and a shrug of his shoulders as he quickly joined her on the sofa, jumping over the back of it to land in her lap, his lips instantly finding hers.

Running almost every step of the way home, Andie came to an abrupt halt as she reached the end of the driveway, realising that Brian’s car wasn’t in the driveway. Suddenly panic hit her again. Where was he? Had he left her? Had he thought that she’d left him?

Cursing herself under her breath, Andie tried to shake the thoughts from her mind and walked slowly up the driveway, taking her keys out of her pocket to let herself in.

Her heart pounded rapidly within her chest as she made her way into the quiet house. She closed the door behind her, not sure what she was going to do next. There seemed to be two voices in her head. One telling her to go and check the house to see if there were any signs that Brian had left her. The other was screaming at her not to be so stupid, that there was a rational explanation for why he wasn’t there.

With a sigh, she shook her head, trying to shake the first voice from her mind as she made her way into the kitchen. It was pretty much as she’d left it.

She looked at the mail on the table, finding herself drawn to it. Some of it had remained up opened, but she noticed that the divorce papers were no longer there. She looked up at the sound of tiny feet scurrying across the wooden floor of the living room. She smiled as Pinkly made her way into the kitchen.

“Well, seeing you still here make me happier.” She said as she bent down to pick up the tiny ball of white fur. “I know your daddy wouldn’t have left you here if he wasn’t planning on coming back.”

Pinkly replied by excitedly licking her nose, Andie giggling at the sensation. “How long has he been gone hey? Shall we get you something to eat?”

As she refilled Pinkly’s food bowl, she paused briefly at the sound of the front door opening and closing. Taking a deep breath as she placed the bowl on the floor, Andie slowly made her way into the living room, finding Brian walking slowly up the stairs. Realising she was there, Brian smiled, before lifting a finger to his lips, indicating the sleeping baby in his arms.

She nodded with a small smile, not sure whether she should follow him or wait for him there. She stood still, listening as he took Abi to her room, then with a sigh, she slowly climbed the stairs after him, stopping in the doorway of the nursery watching silently as Brian leaned down to kiss her forehead, gently stroking her cheek before straightening up.

He stopped as he turned to leave; a small smile twitching at his lips his eyes met Andie’s. she took a few steps backwards as he walked out of the room, gently pulling the door shut behind him.

“I wasn’t expecting you to be here?” he said softly. “Rhian said that you were going to spend the night with her.”

Andie took a deep breath before answering, “I was gonna, but, well let’s just say she talked some sense into me.”

“I’m sorry.” They both said at the same time, both taking a step closer to each other.

“You have nothing to be sorry for.” Brian said quietly taking a further step closer to her, placing his hands on her hips.

“Yes I do. I’ve been an idiot. I overreacted, I should have known better.” She replied quietly, diverting her gaze.

“Hey.” he said using his index finger to tip her chin so that she was looking at him again. “I understand why you reacted the way you did. I didn’t exactly react in the best of ways did I?”

“You were in shock. I should have realised that it wasn’t something that was going to be easy for you.” she replied quietly. “I’m just sorry it took Rhian yelling at me to make me see sense.”

Brian gave a small chuckle, “She actually yelled at you?”

A small smile graced Andie’s lips as she nodded. “Pretty much yeah, she basically told me that I was being stupid and that I should come home and talk to you.”

“I’ve always liked that woman.” He replied with a smile. “And as for you, you will realise someday soon that I fucking love you more than anything. I’m not going anywhere, you’re stuck with me.”

“I love you too.” she replied, her smile widening as she looked up into his eyes, his lips lowering to hers.

She closed her eyes with a soft sigh their lips moved together, Andie parting her lips slightly to allow Brian’s tongue to slip past, entwining with hers as he began to walk her backwards in the direction of their bedroom.

Stumbling as her legs hit the edge of the bed, Andie fell onto the bed, pulling Brian with her. he sat up, quickly removing his shirt, Andie’s hands quickly finding his belt, removing it with ease before pulling down the zipper and pulling them down his hips as far as they’d go, his boxers quickly following.

As he stood to remove them the rest of the way, Andie quickly undid the button of her jeans and slipped them off her hips, allowing Brian to pull them off at the ankles before she sat up to remove her shirt.

Brian quickly rejoined her on the bed, his lips dancing lightly over her skin, working his way up over her stomach as his hand slipped behind her back, unclasping her bra effortlessly, taking the lace material between his teeth to pull it from her body, his tongue quickly finding her newly exposed right nipple as his fingers toyed with the other.

She moaned, raising her hips allowing him to press his hardened member against her, Brian’s hand trailing lightly down her body, slipping under the material of her panties, his calloused fingers rubbing over her opening before slipping two into her moist body, curling them rapidly within her.

She groaned loudly as she tightened around his fingers, spilling her juices over them. She barely had time to catch her breath as he withdrew his fingers from her, making quick work of removing her panties before settling between her legs again, thrusting into her.

“Fuck Bri…” she murmured as she raised her hips to meet his, allowing him to reach deeper into her. He sat back on his legs, pulling her with him so that she was sat in his lap, his hands firmly on her hips as he moved her over him.

She was quickly overcome with pleasure, her walls tightening around him as her juices spilled over his throbbing shaft. They moaned each others names before Brian fused his lips to hers, the force causing them both to fall back onto the bed.

“I love you.” he muttered against her lips.

“Love you too.” she replied, pecking his lips again before he rolled off her, pulling the sheets up around them and pulling himself closer to her, his arm slipping around her waist.

They lay in silence for a long while, allowing their breathing to regulate, Brian’s thin fingers drawing light circles on her bare skin almost lulling Andie to sleep.

“Brian?” she asked quietly breaking the silence.

“Yes baby?” he whispered back, kissing her cheek.

“Where were you when I got back?” she asked opening her eyes to look at him.

“My lawyer’s office.” He stated simply. “I signed the papers and thought I’d take them straight over there so that things can be finalised as soon as possible.”

“Really?” she asked with a smile edging its way onto her lips.

“Yeah, I want that part of my life to be my past so that I can have a future with you.” he said, propping himself up onto his elbow so that he could look down into her eyes.

She couldn’t help the smile that worked its way quickly onto her lips. “You make me so happy Andrea Jennings.”

“You make me happy too, you have no idea.” She replied still smiling.

“Oh, I think I’ve got a fair idea.” He said leaning down to kiss her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay with this update, but I've seemed to have lost a bit of my enthusiasm to write lately, although I have been working on some one shots...
Not As Bad As It Seems
Take Your Pick
A Yuletide Tradition

And if you haven't seen it yet, for those of you who've read Love is a Losing Game, I've started a sequel Led By Pride