Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 19

Andie moaned softly into her pillow as she stretched her limbs, realising that it was the sound of Abi crying over the baby monitor that had woken her up. She rolled over onto her back, rubbing her eyes before opening them. As she pushed herself up to get out of bed, she realised that Brian wasn’t led next to her. Slightly confused she made her way to Abi’s room, taking her out of her crib and pulling her close to her chest to soothe her.

“Okay baby girl, shall we go get you a bottle?” she said quietly as Abi quietened instantly at the sound of her mothers voice.

She took her down to the kitchen and took a bottle of milk out of the refrigerator to heat up. as she waited, she gently bounced Abi in her arms, a small note on the counter catching her attention.

“Gone surfing. Xx”

Smiling, Andie took Abi back upstairs, grabbing a blanket for her before slipping flip flops on her feet and pulling one of Brian’s hoodies on before heading back down stairs, grabbing the bottle of warmed milk before making her way out to the garden, wandering through the small gate that led to the beach.

As she walked further towards the ocean she spotted Brian perched on his board. She stopped and sat down, settling Abi in her arms and wrapping the blanket around her as she gave her her bottle, watching Brian with a smile on her face.

As she placed the lid back onto the empty bottle she watched as Brian walked out of the water towards them.

“Good morning.” Andie said with a smile as he approached them, her eyes not missing the opportunity to wander over his body that was exposed as he wore his wetsuit off his body, enjoying the way the water dripped from his dark hair over his sun-kissed skin.

“Hey, how are my two favourite girls this morning?” he asked leaning down to kiss her lips.
Andie kept his lips against hers for a lingering moment, “We’re fine.”

“Good, now will you both be joining me for breakfast?” he asked with a smile.

“We most certainly will.” She said holding out her hand for him to help her up.

They walked back to the house, Brian’s arm draped casually around Andie’s shoulder. As Brian showered and changed, Andie prepared breakfast for the three of them. She sat down at the kitchen table, Abi sat next to her in her high chair, enjoying the cereal she was being fed as Brian returned, walking into the kitchen slowly, his face serious as he studied the paper in his hand.

“Everything okay babe?” she asked.

“Yeah, it’s um…it’s my decree absolute.” He said as a small smile crept over his thin lips.

“Really?” she asked unable to stop the smile that burst onto her lips.

“Yep. I’m officially divorced.” He replied as he made his way around the table to stand next to her. “I’m a free man.” He added, leaning down to kiss her.

“Not quite totally free.” She whispered against his lips, feeling him smile.

“We should do something to celebrate, get the whole group together for drinks or something.” Brian said as he sat down next to her.

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea.” She said, gaining a look of confusion from Brian. “I just don’t want to provoke Val. She’s Michelle’s sister, and after Rhian’s birthday, I don’t know, it would kind of feel like we were rubbing it in her face or something.”

Brian looked thoughtful for a moment and nodded. “I see your point. Okay then, how about you and me go out to celebrate, just the two of us?”

“Assuming we can get a baby sitter, that sounds like a plan. I’ll call Rhian.” She replied with a smile.

“I’ll make us reservations at Crivello’s.” he said as they both took out their phones.

As Brian called the restaurant, Andie dialled Rhian’s number, taken aback slightly as Jimmy answered.

“Oh hey Jim, Rhian about?” she asked.

“She’s in the shower, which is where I should be. What’s up?” he replied.

“Your dick by the sounds of it.” Andie muttered with a smile as she watched Brian’s eyes widen.

“It most certainly is, now are you going to tell me what you want so that I can go put it –“

“Just wanted to know if she was available to babysit her favourite niece tonight?” she said loudly to cut him off.

“Sorry baby, no can do, we have plans for tonight.” He replied.

“Oh, okay, never mind then sweetie, I shall leave you to…whatever it was you had planned.” She replied. Jimmy replying with a laugh before ending the call.

“Everything okay?” Brian asked as Andie scrolled through her contacts list.

“They have plans, but I’m gonna give Lacey a call, she keeps telling me that she wants to babysit.” She replied.

~*~

Fastening the bracelet around her wrist as she walked out of the bedroom and made her way slowly down the stairs, finding Lacey sat of the sofa, Abi in her arms as she drank her bottle.

“She should fall asleep on that, and will probably sleep straight through.” She said with a smile.

“Okay.” Lacey replied quietly as Brian and Johnny walked into the room.

“Fuck. Change of plans guys we’re staying in.” Brian said his eyes running appreciatively over Andie’s figure as he walked over to her, taking hold of her hips, his lips lowering to hers. “You look fucking amazing.”

“Thanks, but we’re going to dinner, there’ll be plenty of time for anything else when we get home.” she replied quietly, her lips lingering against his as she gazed up into his eyes.

“Okay, but you may have to walk in front of me for a while.” He replied, pushing his hips against hers for her to feel the affect she’d had on him.

“We won’t be too late guys, call if you need us though okay.” Andie said turning to Johnny and Lacey.

“We’ll be fine, have fun.” Lacey said.

“And no fucking on our couch. I know how horny pregnant woman can get.” Brian replied with a wink as Andie took hold of his hand, leading them towards the front door.

As they waited for their desserts, Brian moved his chair closer to Andie, taking her hand in his. “I love you.” he said quietly as he lifted her hand to his lips.

“I love you too.” she replied blushing slightly.

“I have never been so happy then when I’m with you and although we haven’t had the easiest of starts to our relationship, I wouldn’t change what’s happened over the past year and a half for anything. I want us to have a future together, be a family together.” he started.

“Andrea Jennings, I love you so much.” He paused, his hand reaching into his pocket as he slipped from his chair, kneeling in front of her. “Will you marry me?”

Her breath hitching in her throat, Andie nodded, glancing between Brian and the beautiful ring in the box in his hand.

“Yes, yes I will.” She managed to choke out through a beaming smile, leaning forward to kiss him.

Brian then slipped the ring onto her finger, kissing her again as he sat back down, keeping her hand in his.

“You’ve just made me so happy.” Brian said as the waiter brought over a bottle of champagne.

“Congratulations.” He said with a polite smile as he poured them both a glass.

“Thank you.” Brian said, unable to stop smiling.

“There must be something in the air. You are the second couple to become engaged this evening.” he said placing the bottle into an ice bucket, before giving a curt nod to the both of them and leaving again.

Brian passed Andie one of the champagne flutes, taking the other in his left hand as his right still sat entwined with hers.

“To us.” Brian whispered, still smiling as they gently clinked their glasses together before taking a small sip.

“So how long have you had this planned?” she asked.

“Proposing? Probably since you moved back to Huntington. And I know that sounds a little presumptuous but I just always had this feeling that all you needed was some time. Then when you admitted your feelings for me and you moved in with me I got the ring, knowing that as soon as I was officially divorced and free to marry again I was going to ask you.” he explained.

Lost for words, Andie smiled, leaning across to kiss his lips, allowing them to linger for a brief moment as she gazed into his brown eyes.

“I love you.” she finally whispered.

“I love you too.” he said kissing her lips once again.

“Get the bill, I’m just popping to the rest rooms.” She said with a suggestive tone.

As she stood up from the table, Brian signalled for the waiter to get the tab and took out his cell phone to call a cab. She pushed open the door to the female rest rooms, stopping abruptly as she saw who was stood at the sinks, reapplying her lip gloss.

“Rhi? What are you doing here?” she yelled stepping further into the room, her best friend turning suddenly.

“Hey! Oh my god, you’ll never guess what’s just happened.” She said excitedly, a large smile on her face, her eyes wide.

“What?” Andie asked a little taken aback.

“Jimmy’s asked me to marry him!” she yelled.

“What? Oh my god, that’s awesome. Brian proposed too.” she replied.

“What?” Rhian yelled.

“Just now, he’s asked me to marry him.” she replied holding up her left hand in front of her face as she grabbed Rhian’s left hand to study her engagement ring.

“Oh my god, this is so awesome, come on, we’ve got to go tell the guys!” she yelled, keeping hold of Andie’s hand as she pulled her out of the rest rooms.

“What the fuck? Andie?” Jimmy yelled as he saw the two women approach.

“You’ll never guess what Jim, Brian proposed tonight too!” she yelled.

“What? Seriously? Fuck, where is he?” Jimmy asked.

“Um, he’s the other side of the restaurant.” Andie replied.

“Well come on then, lead the way.” Rhian said.

Andie walked around the maze of tables, feeling everyone’s eyes on the small group. She smiled at Brian as he looked up to see her approach, his eyes widening as he realised that Rhian and Jimmy were following her.

“Hey guys, what are you doing here?” he asked.

“Well, you know when the waiter said something about us being the second couple to have gotten engaged this evening?” Brian nodded as Andie continued. “Well, guess who the first couple were.”

“That’s fucking awesome news guys, congratulations.” Brian replied with a smile as he stood up, kissing Rhian’s cheek before embracing Jimmy in a man hug.

“Same to you dude. I take it this means that you’re officially divorced from Michelle?” Jimmy asked.

“Came through this morning.” Brian replied.

“You knew that he was going to ask once it was final?” Andie asked.

“I’m his best friend, of course I knew.” Jimmy replied with a beaming smile.

“So does that mean, you know he was asking?” Rhian replied turning to Brian who just flashed her a beaming grin.

“I didn’t know it was going to be here, or tonight, well not until you said that they had plans so couldn’t look after Abi.” Brian replied as the waiter approached them.

“Sir, your cab has arrived.” He said with a polite smile.

“Okay thanks, we’ll be right there.” Brian replied, “We’ll talk to you guys tomorrow, right now I want to take the beautiful future Mrs Haner home.”

“Okay dude, I’m going to be taking the future Mrs Sullivan home too.” Jimmy replied as they exchanged another man hug while the girls hugged too before Brian took hold of her hand again, leading her towards the front of the restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay,
1) Thanks as always to everyone who reads, comments and subscribes to my story.
2) I was very tempted to give you a cliff hanger when Andie walked into the restrooms, but I couldn't be mean at Christmas.
3) I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone who reads this a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :) <333
4) I probably won't be updating any of my stories until the New Year :)

Andie
The Ring