Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active.

Give up Forever to Touch You

Chapter 6

Andie sang along loudly to Papa Roach as she put the washing into the machine and set it to start a cycle. Brian had taken Abigail to the park, as was becoming part of a routine and she had decided to take the time to catch up with some house work. She stood up and made her way into the kitchen and poured herself a mug of coffee as she carried on singing.

She then grabbed some Oreos from the biscuit barrel and turned to head to the sofa, stopping dead in her tracks as she found Brian stood in the doorway with Abi in his arms, laughing.

“Fuck Bri, how long have you been there?” she said clutching a hand on her heart.

“Sorry, I’ve been here long enough.” He replied through laughter as she reached for the remote to turn down the music. “I’ve got to say that I hope Abi takes after me with her singing skills.”

“I hope so too, don’t worry.” She said glancing over to the clock. “Have you really been gone that long?”

Brian nodded, “Yeah, did you manage to get everything done?”

“Yeah I did. Coffee?” again Brian nodded. “Have fun at the park?”

“Yeah, well as much fun as you can with a sleeping three month old.” He replied with a chuckle.

“Come on, she can go in the bouncer while we have coffee.” She replied sitting down at the kitchen table with the both mugs of coffee.

As they sat drinking their coffee they talked casually about random stuff, but Andie could tell that there was something on Brian’s mind.

“Will you tell me already? You’re driving me insane.” She said as he took their empty coffee mugs to the sink. He turned to look at her with a look of confusion.

“You do have something to tell me right?” she asked as he continued to stare.

“Yeah, but how do you know?” he asked watching her as she smiled back at him.

“Bri, I know you better than what you think.” She replied. “Now spill.”

He shook his head with a smile and reached into his pockets, taking out a set of keys and throwing them to her. “I got those yesterday.”

“Keys? You mean you’ve got a house?” she replied happily.

“Yeah, I finalised on it yesterday and got the keys.” He replied with a smile.

“Bri that’s brilliant. You can have Connor and Ella over now.” she replied.

“Yeah I know, and well I was also hoping that now I have somewhere to live, well, once I’ve got furniture and shit, then maybe I could also have Abi like just one night a week or something if that’s okay with you.” he said nervously.

“Of course it is. Is that what you were so nervous about asking me?” she asked.

“Yeah, well kind of.” He said rubbing the back of his neck. “There’s actually something else I was going to ask you.”

“Go ahead.” She replied curiously.

“Well um, I was wondering, seeing that I’ll be decorating one of the rooms for Abi, and as you said last week, I need a female opinion on these things, well I was kinda thinking that maybe you’d come over to the house.” He said nervously.

“Um, what exactly would you need my opinion about?” she asked.

“Well um, the kids’ rooms, help me make a list of stuff I need, especially for Abi, maybe even some help choosing paint for the other rooms in the house. Michelle sorted it out at the other house. I’m pretty clueless.” He replied.

“Okay, yeah. We can go over after she’d had a sleep if you want?” she offered.

“Well, actually I’ve got to head off soon, I’m picking Connor up from school, but um, we could go later if you want?” he said.

“Sure. What time?” she asked.

“I could pick you up at about six? We could even pick up some take out and take it over there if you want.” He suggested.

“Thai?” she asked with a smile.

“Of course.” He replied returning the smile. “So I’ll see you at six?”

Andie nodded as he walked back over and picked Abi out of the bouncer. “I’ll see you later baby girl and I’ll take you and your mommy to see my new house.” He kissed her forehead before passing her over to Andie.

“I’ll see you both at six.” He said.

“Okay, wave bye to daddy.” She replied, holding Abi’s arm to wave at Brian.

~~~~

“Shit! Why am I worried so much about what I’m going to wear?” Andie asked Rhian who was led on Andie’s bed with Abigail as she looked through her closet for something to wear.

“What’s wrong with what you’ve got on?” Rhian asked glancing over at her.

“I’ve been in it all day. I did all the house work in it.” She replied. “It’s not just the clothes. I seem to be really nervous about the whole thing and I don’t know why.”

“I know.” Rhian said smugly. Andie stopped what she was doing and glared at her.

“Care to share?” she asked.

“It’s because it’s a date and-“

“It’s not a date!” Andie protested quickly before Rhian could continue.

“Yes it is honey. I mean think about it. You’re having food together, just the two of you.” she began to explain.

“And Abi.”

“Who’ll be asleep by seven.” She concluded. Andie stared at her, realising that her friend was right.

“And if you allowed yourself to be truthful about the whole situation for one second you’d admit that you like him too.” Rhian said cautiously.

Andie remained silent as her words rolled over in her mind. “I’ve seen the way you are with him sweetie.”

“I just don’t want to rush into things with him.” she admitted quietly.

“That’s fair enough Hun. And I know he’s willing to wait for you.” she replied causing a smile to appear on Andie’s lips. “He loves you.”

“I know he does. Shit! Am I stringing him along?” she asked.

“No sweetie, not unless you really have no intension of being with him in the future.” She replied. “Now, stop worrying about it all and just get ready.”

Andie nodded and quickly took out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt to get changed into before heading for a shower.

Just under an hour later she was opening the door to Brian. “You two ready?” he asked with a smile, stepping over the doorstep.

“Yeah, let me just grab Abi and her stuff.” She said placing Abi’s bag over her head and turning to find Brian already holding the car seat. “Let’s go then.”

They made a quick stop for Thai food before Brian pulled up in front of a beautiful house that overlooked the beach.

“Brian, this is beautiful.” She said as they got out of the car, Brian beating her to get Abi out.

“Glad you like it, come on.” He said handing her the bag of food and walking up towards the front door.

On the inside it was near enough bare, with hardly any furniture, but it was still beautiful.

“I know it doesn’t look that great just yet but that’s one of the reasons I need your help.” Brian said as he watched Andie stand in the middle of the living room. “Come on, I want you to see Abi’s room.”

Andie followed him upstairs where there were four empty bedrooms and a bathroom. He told her that each of the children would have a bedroom each and that he would appreciate her help in helping decorate them.

“This could be quite fun.” She announced as they sat on the floor in the middle of the living room to eat their food.

“I thought you’d enjoy it, I mean you get to shop with someone else’s credit card.” He replied.

“I know, I’m going to be in heaven.” She replied with a smile.

As they ate their food they talked about the colours he should paint the bedrooms and started discussing what furniture that he would need as Abi slept quietly in her car seat.

“Thanks for doing this And.” Brian said as he began to clear away the take out dishes.

“You’re welcome.” She replied.

“I’m really glad you’re helping me with this because well, I would really like it if sometime in the future this becomes your home too.” he said nervously blushing.

Andie couldn’t help the small smile that appeared on her lips as their eyes met. “Brian, I-“

“I know, baby steps, but I’m willing to wait as long as it takes for you to be ready, that’s if you ever want to be ready.” He replied.

“No! I mean I will be ready. I just don’t want to rush anything with you.” she replied.

“You have no idea how happy you’ve made me saying that.” he replied with a smile. “Before I take you two home, I want to give you something.”

He walked into the kitchen, leaving Andie stood silently in the middle of the living room.

Seconds later he returned holding a small package wrapped in Christmas paper. “I hope you’ll be able to accept this now.” he said holding it out for her to take.

Slowly she unwrapped it and opened the small box, a smile appearing on her lips as she gazed down at the necklace. “Brian it’s beautiful.”

“I knew you’d like it. I remember seeing the look on your face in the store when you saw it. I bought it when you went to use the restrooms.” He admitted with a smile.

“I love it.” She replied.

“Good. Now let’s get you two home.” he replied picking up the car seat.

As he drove them home they arranged for her to get started on decorating the house the following morning an as Andie got out of the car she again found Brian with Abigail’s car seat in his hands.

“Goodnight sweetheart.” He said quietly, leaning down to kiss the sleeping child’s forehead.

“Good night Andie.” He added lifting his gaze to hers. With her heart racing she leaned in closer to him. Pressing her lips softly against his for a brief moment.

“Good night Brian.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks as always for reading, subscribing and commenting on this story...more are always welcome!
Also, for those of you who haven't see it, I have a new story posted, if you'd like to check it out...Another Chance To Live

Andie